Deep Conditioining Challenge

This morning I got up to do some tae bo exercise but before I did, I put some mixture of Pantene R/N mask, mizani moisturefuse, Africa's Best hair mayo, about 3 TBLS of coconut milk and half a lime in a bowl and applied it to my hair concentrating on my new growth area.

After applying the mix to my hair then I exercised for about 35 minutes with it on and now I'm Dc-ing under the dryer for maybe another 20 minutes and only because I have to get ready for work soon.

I want to DC for longer but time won't permit this morning. I will make up for it on the next round though.

How is everybody else making it with their dc-ing? Are you still diligent with it or no? I haven't seen a few people who joined doing their updates. What's up ladies? Don't fall off now, especially coz this is working so well and let alone a lot of fun. :brucelee:Brucelee that laziness gurls, :clap:GO, GO, DC CHALLENGERS!!!

Did you just say Brucelee :lachen::lachen::lachen:

How is everybody else making it with their dc-ing? Are you still diligent with it or no? I haven't seen a few people who joined doing their updates. What's up ladies? Don't fall off now, especially coz this is working so well and let alone a lot of fun. :brucelee:Brucelee that laziness gurls, :clap:GO, GO, DC CHALLENGERS!!!

I am still diligent. :brucelee:I washed and deep conditioned yesterday evening but only did 35 minutes with heat because I was in a time crunch. I plan to deep condition again for an hour or more on Saturday or Sunday.

Girl, that cracked me up! Its been a LONG day so I needed that laugh. I d'ced night before last so I will be at it again maybe Saturday for an hour. I got some Aveda brillant I need to try out.

I want to try Aveda Damage Remedy but daaang, it's expensive and additionally I don't know which is their best protein and moisturizing conditioners or their treatments. Could you offer some suggestions? I also need a good moisturizing shampoo they carry preferably with a good pH balance. If I'm gonna buy this, I have to be sure it works and works well.

I am still diligent. :brucelee:I washed and deep conditioned yesterday evening but only did 35 minutes with heat because I was in a time crunch. I plan to deep condition again for an hour or more on Saturday or Sunday.

You go girl! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

I want to try Aveda Damage Remedy but daaang, it's expensive and additionally I don't know which is their best protein and moisturizing conditioners or their treatments. Could you offer some suggestions? I also need a good moisturizing shampoo they carry preferably with a good pH balance. If I'm gonna buy this, I have to be sure it works and works well.

I have used the damage remedy before and I would say its a light protein with a moisturizing touch. I really like the Damage remedy shampoo.:yep: Some aveda stores have little bottles of stuff you can get before you get the whole bottle and they have a good return policy. You don't like it, just bring it right back. If you want to try a Aveda shampoo, try the damage remedy. My hair seemed stronger when I used it and it smells great. It made my hair soft. I also stretched one bottle for nearly 6 months.

I'm at work. I've been here since 5A it's now 8:30P. I have another hour or so of work to do... don't think I'm skipping my DC tonight. :nono: :lachen:

That and I'm still maintaining -29lbs (although I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks) :( I need to post in the 'focus for a year' thread. It's been at least 4 days.

Last edited:
I'm at work. I've been here since 5A it's now 8:30P. I have another hour or so of work to do... don't think I'm skipping my DC tonight. :nono: :lachen:

I heard that! :lol:

Nothing's keeping me from my precious dc time. I didn't get to bed till 3 last night, but I didn't care as long as I got my fix :grin:

I heard that! :lol:

Nothing's keeping me from my precious dc time. I didn't get to bed till 3 last night, but I didn't care as long as I got my fix :grin:

That is SOOO ME! I don't care either. This last DC had me up until like 4am. I just slept under the dryer. I turned it off, pulled my blanket up over me and leaned back on the chair and finished sleeping. I woke up at 6:45, got up, got in the shower, made a protein shake and took my rollers out right before I hit to door on my way to class. My hair was looking supa fresh :grin:

I have used the damage remedy before and I would say its a light protein with a moisturizing touch. I really like the Damage remedy shampoo.:yep: Some aveda stores have little bottles of stuff you can get before you get the whole bottle and they have a good return policy. You don't like it, just bring it right back. If you want to try a Aveda shampoo, try the damage remedy. My hair seemed stronger when I used it and it smells great. It made my hair soft. I also stretched one bottle for nearly 6 months.

Thanks a mil' gymfreak.

Okay, I just rollersat my hair after 1 hour of aveda brillant.

Gymfreak, how did the aveda brilliant come out? You know I'm still looking for some aveda products. You told me about the aveda DR shampoo yesterday so that one I know about. Come on gurl, spill it:look:.

Gymfreak, how did the aveda brilliant come out? You know I'm still looking for some aveda products. You told me about the aveda DR shampoo yesterday so that one I know about. Come on gurl, spill it:look:.

I am pleased with the results. It wasn't detangling enough for me so I followed it with some Paul Mitchell rinse. My hair has lots of shine and bounce too it right now though. I need to go out so someone can see it. :grin:

I am pleased with the results. It wasn't detangling enough for me so I followed it with some Paul Mitchell rinse. My hair has lots of shine and bounce too it right now though. I need to go out so someone can see it. :grin:

Thanks for the reply and you go ahead and work it gurl:grin:!

Gone head, girl! Swing that hair in the club and show those chickens what hair is SUPPOSED to look like! :lol:

Gone head, girl! Swing that hair in the club and show those chickens what hair is SUPPOSED to look like! :lol:

:lachen::lachen: I can see it now...ya know that sunsilk commercial where she nearly breaks her neck :lachen::lachen:

I am catching a late late dinner with the SO, I got my red lipstick out and some black liner. I kinda got that Pin up thing going on:yep:

I just used two conditioers that I tried months ago, and HATED: Aubrey Organics Jojoba & Aloe Conditioner and Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Conditioner. I mixed them together, put the mix on dry hair and put on a plastic cap. Sat under the dryer for an hour, cleaned, spent time with the kids, ate, etc. Sat under the dryer again, cause I forgot that I had earlier (preggo brain :rolleyes: ) and washed it out in the shower. I swear my hair gets better with every dc! I only lost 6 hairs in my comb! SIX! And I'm 12 weeks post!!! :yay:

My newgrowth loves me, my ends are so smooth and soft. I'm so amazed at what a little heat can do! RachieQue, you're a genius!!! :yahoo:

I just used two conditioers that I tried months ago, and HATED: Aubrey Organics Jojoba & Aloe Conditioner and Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Conditioner. I mixed them together, put the mix on dry hair and put on a plastic cap. Sat under the dryer for an hour, cleaned, spent time with the kids, ate, etc. Sat under the dryer again, cause I forgot that I had earlier (preggo brain :rolleyes: ) and washed it out in the shower. I swear my hair gets better with every dc! I only lost 6 hairs in my comb! SIX! And I'm 12 weeks post!!! :yay:

My newgrowth loves me, my ends are so smooth and soft. I'm so amazed at what a little heat can do! RachieQue, you're a genius!!! :yahoo:

These bad boys are awesome with heat.

I agree, this challenge was right on time!

Today was my husbands birthday and I DC for 40 mins with DR treatment and flat ironed my airdried hair. I was meant to DC 2 days ago but I have had a busy week. I plan to DC 3 times next week cos I am using heat again to celebrate my birthday next Sunday.

Hey glad to see evryone still here and doing their thang!!!
I needed this challenge badly because I have seriously neglected my hair for the past 7 or so months and I cant beleive how fast the turn around has been!! Im so glad to see that so many of us are benefitting from it too. YAY!!!!

I have been busy but Ive got my DC fix no matter...hows crazy is it that this is addictive??? lol

Ive got my last bits of D&L moisture plus (cut open that tube...thanks sareca...there was loads in there!) and a lil bit of pantene long n black conitioner...had it on my hair under a pastic bag for about since 12.30 (aiming for 3 hours ...need to wash before I go to work at 4pm)

Ive lost few few hairs...not even the "normal" 100 per day due to natural shedding lark!
Ive lost at most 20 hairs in a pre dc, poo and post con...20??? I cant even believe it Im like huh???
lol

And one last point it seems like my hair has already grown...I had plenty of new growth but wow I feel I'm nearly at WL!
I need to take some pics..but I need to touch up first....hmmm

Uzz

last week was my first week on this challenge and I made it a point to dc three times last week(Sunday, Wednesday, Friday) I cw on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday though. My hair feels alot better since getting the bc a week ago. Hopefully, I will be able to keep this up and improve the overall health of my hair.

I pre-pooed with some Nioxin hair mask and added some coconut milk into it but after removing it, I realized that this is the second time I used the coconut milk and my hair seemed to have more breakage than usual. I think it goes without saying that I won't be putting coconut milk in my hair anymore.

I just DC-ed with Keracare Humecto and it didn't have enough slip so I added some jojoba oil and Suave Humectant and it felt ten times better, then I DC_ed for 35 minutes because the electricity went out. I really wanted to go much longer but I didn't. The family decided to go out for ice cream instead and so that's what we did.

I love Deep Conditioning. I am in on this one. (I pretty much do it anyway) This challenge will keep help keep me accountable for those lazy days!:spinning:

I did an hour of Aveda DR with heat and I can feel it! :yay:

hey sweetie,

I have been hearing alot about this aveda dr...is it a protein or moisture co?

I have always wanted to try aveda and since getting this ceaser/bald fade cut I would love to purchase some of their products to try out.

hey sweetie,

I have been hearing alot about this aveda dr...is it a protein or moisture co?

I have always wanted to try aveda and since getting this ceaser/bald fade cut I would love to purchase some of their products to try out.

Hey :wave:

The first time my hair ever really felt moist was after using the Aveda DR conditioner. There are three products in the Aveda DR line--a conditioner, a treatment (which is a light protein conditioner), and a poo. I've never tried the poo but I love the treatment and conditioner. I like using a variety of products, but if I had to pick one protein and one moisturizing condish, I'd pick from the DR line.

Back