Deep Conditioining Challenge

I washed out my conditioner from Saturday on Sunday after sleeping in it and my hair is very soft. I then sat for an hour in the sauna with KMS curl prepare again and rinsed out and applied D&L moisture seal and herbal essences hello hydration yesterday then went to work and washed out again this morning. I didnt use a cap or anything just left it on.
I plan on putting in more in tonight and putting some mustard oil also.

Glad to see everyone is doing well

Uzz

This is going really good for me!!
I finally stopped by Trade Secret to get on that 2 for $28 Kenra liter bottles.
The thing is that i've been sweating Kenra so much,that i forgot I had some Joico at home.I need to finish up that Joico. I will probably mix it up with some Kenra mc and see how that turns out.My hair has been super dry lately and i don't know if my new apartment has hard water or not.I hope not cause that will mess me up right now.

I am under my dryer with DR conditioner.

I have used Aveda DR exclusively for one year, after reading Sareca's results I am planning on getting the Brillant Con to add to my rotation of DC.

Last night I did my Aphogee hardcore treatment. I try to do one of these every 7 or 8 weeks and for my DC I used Mizani moisturefuse mixed with some Kenra moisturizing conditioner and I DC-ed for 40 minutes.

My hair feels really good and breakage was reduced by abut 95% which is good enough for me. I will continue to use my mild aphogee keratin reconstructor weekly perhaps mixed with some deep moisturizing conditioner for my DCs until I get my weave sewn in in the next 2 weeks.

I will continue to do my extra DC treatments as planned. I plan to DC and moisturize with my sew in which is due to be put in on February 7, 2008. I can't wait.

I'm only doing it 2x a week for now.

Using ORS Replenish + SAA to DC tonight on dry hair with heat for 30 mins.

I am really likin my hair lately. :)

I am under my dryer with DR conditioner.

I have used Aveda DR exclusively for one year, after reading Sareca's results I am planning on getting the Brillant Con to add to my rotation of DC.

I want to try Aveda DR too but not before I finish up all that I have at home - which is lots!

Uzz

I used Kenra and Supercharged last night for like 2hours. I used Paul Mitchell leave in and rollerset my hair. It looks amazing today. Very very pleased

Ok ...I'm sitting under the dryer....This has got to be the longest hour of my Life !!!!

Last edited:
I know I'm late but I wanna join! This challenge will perfectly compliment my other challenge to hit waist length by next summer.

I'm gonna join you girls and do one protein and two moisture treatments using Kenra and AO for moisture and ORS, Joico, and UBH for protein. I just did Henna/Indigo for one million hours and then AO honeysuckle rose w/evoo for half a million hours last night and I finished at 4:30 am:yawn: Two moisture treatments in a row for me this week, then I'll do protein on the weekend. Oh yea, I'm excited!:grin:

I washed out my conditioner from Saturday on Sunday after sleeping in it and my hair is very soft. I then sat for an hour in the sauna with KMS curl prepare again and rinsed out and applied D&L moisture seal and herbal essences hello hydration yesterday then went to work and washed out again this morning. I didnt use a cap or anything just left it on.
I plan on putting in more in tonight and putting some mustard oil also.

Glad to see everyone is doing well

Uzz

how was the KMS co?

Can you guys feel the difference already? My hair definitely feels stronger yet softer! :wow:

Today's my first one for the week. I'm gonna do an hour (w/ heat) of Silicone Mix tonight!

Can you guys feel the difference already? My hair definitely feels stronger yet softer! :wow:

Today's my first one for the week. I'm gonna do an hour (w/ heat) of Silicone Mix tonight!

I can. I might keep doing this challenge until I hit apl. I was so impressed with my results last night...I can't wait to wash my hair again.

You hear that Rachique? You may need to continue this challenge longer than 6 weeks or better yet start a new one for 3 months next:yep: Woo Hoo!! :lick:.

I can. I might keep doing this challenge until I hit apl. I was so impressed with my results last night...I can't wait to wash my hair again.
LOL! I'm feelin' the same way. :drunk:

You hear that Rachique? You may need to continue this challenge longer than 6 weeks or better yet start a new one for 3 months next:yep: Woo Hoo!! :lick:.

3 months sounds about right. :yep: This is a great challenge for newbies. It will definitely get you started on the right track (or back on it if you've strayed :wink2:)

Last edited:
I deep conditioned today with cassia for an hour. I forgot about the smell, like hay or cut grass. It was a tough hour under the dryer with that smell but worth it. My hair feels a bit thicker and more substantial.

ITA that this is a great challenge & it comes @ a great time 4 me. I'm combatting some dryness issues. I started 2night. I was on a cone free/paraben free movement but my hair is making a mockery of the natural routine. So I pulled out my tub of Motions conditioner & mixed in some SAA & I put it on my dry hair & baggied & I'm leaving it on overnight. This way I can participate in this challenge & use up some leftover product. Count me in!

I'm deep conditioning tomorrow since I have the day off. I'm thinking of doing a cassia treatment. I've always wanted to try the supercharged.
I want to try cassia but Im too scared.

great challenge ladies...may I join?
you know you can!!

Ok ...I'm sitting under the dryer....This has got to be the longest hour of my Life !!!!
I know what you mean...is it over yet?

I know I'm late but I wanna join! This challenge will perfectly compliment my other challenge to hit waist length by next summer.

I'm gonna join you girls and do one protein and two moisture treatments using Kenra and AO for moisture and ORS, Joico, and UBH for protein. I just did Henna/Indigo for one million hours and then AO honeysuckle rose w/evoo for half a million hours last night and I finished at 4:30 am :yawn: Two moisture treatments in a row for me this week, then I'll do protein on the weekend. Oh yea, I'm excited!:grin:
:lachen: Thats some REAL dedication right there to be up at 4.30 am!!!

how was the KMS co?
It was ok, nothing great but I cant complain for the price I got it at. I probably would buy it again because my hair does seem stronger but I dont know whether thats the ongoing benefits of DC'ing or just the conditioner. I'lll use it again to see and let you know.

My hair is really a whole lot healthier and seems so much stronger and also softer. I cant keep my hands out of my hair! My new growth is much softer and the curls seem more defined.

Thanks everyone for being so wonderful ad supportive to each other.

Uzz

Wow I cant believe that theres so many of us...that needed a DC kick up the butt! :grin:
I might just have to do that Aggie!!

3 months sounds about right. :yep: This is a great challenge for newbies. It will definitely get you started on the right track (or back on it if you've strayed :wink2:)

What do you ladies think? start a new one or increase this to 3 months? I like small steps/goals to get me started but since Im on track now (finally!) I'd like to hear what you ladies have to say.

Thanks

Uzz

I would love to join!!!! My hair was doing so great, until I got lazy with taking care of my hair!!!!:wallbash: Now I'm ready to baby my hair again!!!!:yep:

I'm loving this challenge! Right now I can't because I'm sick but when I get better I'll be back! I've divided it in 2 parts 1. traditional wash day (shampoo, deep protein then moisturing conditioner) and 2. Alternative wash day, I experiment with different products and techniques (co-fusion wash, ayurvedic etc) this makes it fun for me!

Ok I clarified with a cheap gum detox sample I got for....14p!!!!! lmao (I was so scared though!!) then did aphogee 2 min thing followed by naked: hair vitamins eat your greens (?) conditioner for 1.5 hours, rinsed and wow!!!
I love it my hair feels really strong and it feels so soft.

Uzz

Re: Deep Conditioning Challenge

Finally a challenge I can stay faithful to!It keeps me interested in my hair so I won't neglect it like I 've been doing for the last two months:yep:

My hair is happy,too:lick:

Back