Deep Conditioining Challenge

Hey Ladies...kels dont leave just reduce your time and hopefully that will work better for you.

gelati...pass granted...lmao at me handing out passes!
Whatever works for you girlie!

Now me: SOrry ladies for not being here I have had some things going on at home and couldnt to a computer - so I am very sorry.

I DC'd on Tuesday night for an hour in the sauna with KMS curl hydrator con.
Got home and washed with my sap moss poo and it was luverly and soft!
Then Wednesday I applied pantene 3 min extra aminos conditioner for an hour under a plastic cap and washed with my sap moss but left the shampoo on for 5 mins (I saw that on a website greater beenfits could be obtained if the poss was left on longer!), I rinsed and applied the sap moss con for 5 mins and my hair detangled like a DREAM!!!
My hair is soft right now I cant keep my hands out of it.
My next DC will be Sunday eve.

Uzz

Finally after the longest week and a half of not washing my hair I did it last night. It felt sooooo :thumbsup:good! I dced under my Pibbs for 1hr with Silk Elements Mayo and my hair hair was soo soft:cloud9:. Today my hair still feels soft and strong. Can't wait 'till my next dc session.

Today I treated my hair with Elucence Extended Moisture Repair mixed with 1 tube of Biolage Hydratherapie. Then I DC-ed with Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner with olive oil because the Elucence MB conditioner by itself did not give me enough slip, needless to say, I don't like Elucence MB Conditioner. I am 7 weeks post relaxer and surprisingly my hair is still soft.

i've been DCin everytime I wash/co-wash which is like 2-3 times a week. . . my hair has NEVER felt softer or shined more. . . i need to get some more ORS replenishing packs from wal-mart tonight.

I conditioned this morning. I washed with Kpak shampoo, left on the Kpak conditioner (not the heavy duty one) for about 5 mintues, rinsed and followed with the Joico moisture recovery balm for about 45 mintues.

I have been very faithfull. DC overnight every 3 days. My new love is Silk Elements Cholesterol. :drunk:

By the way what is cholesterol? Moisturizer or Protein? Please advise

I used Pantene breakage defense mask overnight last night. if only my hair felt like it did in the mask all the time:yep: by the time I rinsed it out, reality sunk back in. that little jar only last like 2-3 conditions, what's up with that, don't they make a bigger tub:sad:

I have been very faithfull. DC overnight every 3 days. My new love is Silk Elements Cholesterol. :drunk:

I think cholesterols are a mix of both. I think it just depends on how your hair is responding to it. The silk elements cholesterol works really well for me too. I used it almost exclusively last spring. I used it mostly as a moisturizing conditioner.

Hey Ladies...kels dont leave just reduce your time and hopefully that will work better for you.

gelati...pass granted...lmao at me handing out passes!
Whatever works for you girlie!

Now me: SOrry ladies for not being here I have had some things going on at home and couldnt to a computer - so I am very sorry.

I DC'd on Tuesday night for an hour in the sauna with KMS curl hydrator con.
Got home and washed with my sap moss poo and it was luverly and soft!
Then Wednesday I applied pantene 3 min extra aminos conditioner for an hour under a plastic cap and washed with my sap moss but left the shampoo on for 5 mins (I saw that on a website greater beenfits could be obtained if the poss was left on longer!), I rinsed and applied the sap moss con for 5 mins and my hair detangled like a DREAM!!!
My hair is soft right now I cant keep my hands out of it.
My next DC will be Sunday eve.

Uzz

Thanks for the pass!!!!:grin: I'm going to do a deep conditioner tonight, so I can be cute:gorgeous: for my Birthday tomorrow!!!!:party::bday5:

Thanks for the pass!!!!:grin: I'm going to do a deep conditioner tonight, so I can be cute:gorgeous: for my Birthday tomorrow!!!!:party::bday5:

Happy early Birthday! :grin:

I need to step my DC game up to 3 times a week because I am trying to highlight my hair red tonight. I think I will be alternating pantene breakage defense and Mane N Tail moisturizing conditioner

Last edited:
**Sigh** I've been lazy this week. Well, not lazy really. Since I'm gonna be poppin this boy out any day now, I was going to relax today cause I don't wanna look a HAM at the hospital. But I decided to wait till Monday, and make it an even 14 weeks. So when I put the kiddos to bed, I'm gonna clarify and dc today with Nexxus Keraphix and NTM con, I'll probably add some rice bran oil to the mix, too :yep:

I think that they are fats but I believe that some of them have added protein, then there are those that have both protein and moisture.

Today I treated my hair with Elucence Extended Moisture Repair mixed with 1 tube of Biolage Hydratherapie. Then I DC-ed with Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner with olive oil because the Elucence MB conditioner by itself did not give me enough slip, needless to say, I don't like Elucence MB Conditioner. I am 7 weeks post relaxer and surprisingly my hair is still soft.

Man, reading these posts, it sounds like yall are baking pies and sharing recipes :lick:, I am not even on this challenge and I am about to go do a second weekly deep condition right now...

Man, reading these posts, it sounds like yall are baking pies and sharing recipes :lick:, I am not even on this challenge and I am about to go do a second weekly deep condition right now...

Come on Highlyfavored1, join us. You know you are welcomed here. Hope to see you soon:yep:.

I completed my 12 hour overnight conditioning, rinsed, CW'd
and now am under the Pibbs with my conditioning mix for an hour.

That's it for the week.

K.I.S.S. :)

Oh boy, here goes, I dc-ed yesterday with Kenra moisturizing conditioner but my hair felt like it had too much stretch so I conditioned again today with Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor mixed with Pantene R/N hair conditioning mask and that worked fine to get the excess stretch out. I like my hair to feel strong and soft, not just soft and manageable.

Ive been on a training course all weekend and didnt have the energy to DC my hair i feel blurgh lol
But I am going into the gym then steam for at least an hour so I will make that one my third in a week....Im working tuesday to Monday lol

My hair is really soft and has dried really straight I love it...and I love my new growth Im gonna talk with my partner and maybe go natural again...he loves the long straight hair thang lol.

How is everyone else doing?
I havent had a chance to catch up on the posts..has anybody new joined so I can update the list?
Thanks

Take care

Uzz

I did a hot oil treatment and then washed and deep conditioned today using Crede MT shampoo and ER treatment. I'm air drying my hair in a braid to cut down on manipulation and avoid using heat.

I did a hot oil treatment and then washed and deep conditioned today using Crede MT shampoo and ER treatment. I'm air drying my hair in a braid to cut down on manipulation and avoid using heat.

what type of oil do you use?I tried v05 but that stuff is evil:spinning:Have you ever tried any other products from crede?I've been looking at crede er treatment.

what type of oil do you use?I tried v05 but that stuff is evil:spinning:Have you ever tried any other products from crede?I've been looking at crede er treatment.

I mixed together coconut oil, BB Growth Oil and castor oil and heated in the microwave. I haven't used V05's hot oil treatment in years and can't remember whether it worked for me or not.

From the Crede line, I've used the MT and AT shampoos and the ER treatment. From Milbon, the makers of Crede, I've used the Liscio Crystal hair gloss (a light serum) and the Nigelle AX shampoo and treatment for heat damaged hair. The ER treatment is very good but it really works best with the Crede shampoo. The shampoo strengthens and smooths the hair and the treatment adds a protective film coating that helps retain moisture.

I just hopped on the ceramides bandwagon:yep:
How often are you using them??
I guess i'll be getting them by the end of the week so i'm planning on incorporating one in my dc's instantly.How often is good to use them after that?
I coated my braids on a lil bit of aveda DR and then put on a shower cap.I fell asleep so my hair felt kind of funny. It was on for four hours...so i dunno. How can i use this to make my hair feel stronger? I don't think i'm going to be doing any heavy protien treatments so this and my Jherri Redding will be it.
When i used it in the past,i just left it on,rinsed and kept it moving. Can i use this with heat(the DR)?

Last edited:
I did a 2 hour dc (1 hour in the sauna) with pantene triple amino deep fortifying treatment, and washed and conditioned with sap moss and then applied pantene long black con.

My hair feels really strong and soft.

Uzz

I dc'ed last night with heat for 45 minutes with Joico Moisture Recovery balm......this stuff is amazing BTW....Rollerset with herbal essences leave in (the new one). My hair is very soft and smooth, even 7 weeks post.

Back