Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

My hair is six weeks post and it feels like 12. its so freaking thick thanks to this challenge!

Dc'd overnight with Alter Ego Impac Garlic condish. It's officially my favorite DC out of the three I have (Hairveda Sitrinillah and AO HSR). Hy hair feels great. My 16 weeks post roots are moisturized and laying down nicely.

I have to stop touching my hair today.

Dc'd with Roots of Nature Green Tea Shea Butter Deep Reconstructing Treatment. Sat under the steamer for 1 hour.

I conditioned this morning, but not necessarily DC. I worked last night and was very tired this morning. Plus I tried some different products, since I am ROCKIN :yay: my BKT. But I will be ready to DC on my next DC day, which is Saturaday :yep:

Taking a break (not because I'm lazy this time) because I've got breakage and I have to figure out the cause. I'm going to stop doing most things I'm doing then try to slowly re-introduce or tweak. With this challenge -- maybe I'll stop doing the overnight DC's and just stick to 30min-1hr. We'll see.

ETA: Question, does anyone know if leaving conditioners in for long periods of time (overnight every other night) is known to cause breakage? (specifically AO HSR, Hairveda's Sitrinillah, and Alter Ego Garlic -- which I love)

With regard to protein, I've done the Aphogee 2 step six weeks ago, and this week, and the Aphogee 2min once or twice about a week or two apart (followed the instructions with both).

Last edited:
Shampoo'ed with MOP -C Hydrating, used SE Megasilk for about a couple hours - rinsed and followed up with PM Super Strong Liquid Treatment leave in....

Dc'd with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie and steam last night. Left in overnight and will be washing out in the next hour or so.

I am deep conditioning with Age Renew Treatment Mask and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for 45 minutes(15/30).

I haven't checked in in a long while.. still on the challenge. I'm DCing with neutrgena triple moisture and Castor oil

my hair is doing great! It looks rich and moisturized!

I deep conditioned last nite with MillCreek Botanticals Henna Conditioner and Alba Hydrating Conditioner. I am loving me so Alba conditioners.

I deep conditioned today after working out with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Masque for 15-minutes with heat and now, I am deep conditioning with Alba Hydrating Conditioner combined with castor oil.

I co-washed and deep conditioned with Alba Natural Mango Moisturizing Condtioner for 40 minutes after working out.

DC'd yesterday with AO HSR.

Followed the instructions and did not use overnight. I had MUCH better results. It's really annoying, because I hate to go into the shower just to wash my hair in the evening. I tried sticking my head in the shower and not fully going in...needless to say, my bathroom floor was soaking wet. Maybe I'll try the kitchen sink next time.

Anyway, just leaving it in for an hour or two under a shower cap produced a nice result.
ACV rinse worked perfectly for detangling and the Salerm 21, Elasta QP H2 leave-ins finished it off nicely. Airdried under a scarf overnight. My hair is perfect (as perfect as you can be 18 weeks post using no direct heat). Bunning.

Dc'd with steam on Wednesday using Roots of Nature Green Tea Shea Butter Deep Reconstructing Treatment.

I shampooed with Kenra MS, followed up with Emergencee and then left MOP Extreme Moisture on my hair overnight….

Going forward I will still be washing/conditioning every other day -…will DC overnight on dry hair with either AO HSR or AO GPB – wash in the morning with Kenra MS and follow up with Kenra MC -

Back