Deep Conditioining Challenge

I know I haven't checked in for forty years, but I'm still going stron with the dc'ing! My hair is soft, but not as soft as it was. It's STILL recovering from using that :censored: Optimum Oil conditioner :swearing:

Girl Tiffers, I saw this in our bss staore and was gonna buy it but put it back on the shelf. Whew! Thank goodness I did.

I haven't checked in ...but I've been deep conditioning like I'm supposed to.....I just bought two new conditioners that I'm excited about trying....RedKen Smooth Down Butter Treat and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner...I also bought my old favorite Goldwell Kera Silk....So I am stocked for the moment

I haven't checked in ...but I've been deep conditioning like I'm supposed to.....I just bought two new conditioners that I'm excited about trying....RedKen Smooth Down Butter Treat and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner...I also bought my old favorite Goldwell Kera Silk....So I am stocked for the moment

Good to see you're still at it Traycee.

you got two awesome conditioners! two of my staples!

Girl Tiffers, I saw this in our bss staore and was gonna buy it but put it back on the shelf. Whew! Thank goodness I did.

I'm glad you put that garbage back! My hair is just not the same anymore :nono: I've chelated, clarified, deep conditioned like crazy, done steam treatments, religously pre poo overnight..... Still nothing. My hair just doesn't get slippy anymore, not even with the great LTR leave in and conditioner :cry3:

Oooh, let us know how that Redken Butter Treat works for you! It's on my wish list :grin:

I'm sitting under the dryer right now with a little bit of everything on my head. I had a little bit of Mane n Tail Moisturizing Conditioner and a little bit of Dove Advaced Care, so I mixd them together and added a dash of honey and a splash of JBCO. Can't wait to see how my hair comes out!

I'm sitting under the dryer right now with a little bit of everything on my head. I had a little bit of Mane n Tail Moisturizing Conditioner and a little bit of Dove Advaced Care, so I mixd them together and added a dash of honey and a splash of JBCO. Can't wait to see how my hair comes out!

Lol thats what I have been doing to try to get rid of some stuff. It usually comes out pretty good.

I hope you have some favorable results this time from this DC combo.

Okay, I was contemplating getting a steamer, but now I won't have the room for it...barely will have room for ole Pibby :ohwell:...so I will do the suggested board alternative....

Hit the ole sauna room...

So I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow after work...after I wash my hair in the shower with some diluted CON...I'm gonna slap a conditioner mix on with some plastic caps and chill in the ole sauna for a half-hour...see what the hub bub is all about...:yep:

ETA: mad I did not get a chance to do this...but I will so. Wound up just doing an overnight conditioning; don't have much time to mess with the hair, will be the same ole again this weekend..

Last edited:
I haven't checked in in so long!
I haven't dc'ed for a week because i got a blowout last saturday,and i'm still trying to hold on to it:ohwell:
She used some alter ego nourishing nequal conditioner with linseed oil,followed by some capilo cinnamon and something condish slapped on there right before she rinsed it out.
My hair was soooooo soft after the rinse.
I gotta get me some of that Alter ego:yep:
I'll probably get back on my dc's by the end of the week.

EDIT:Pre-pooing has proven to be of great benefit to my dry hair!!

Last edited:
Back