Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

Checkin in...deep conditioned with Ultra Sheen Duo Tex rinsed followed up with MOP Extreme Moisture - then used Joico K-Pak Leave in reconstructor

Finally DC'd overnight with HairVeda's Sitrinillah DC -- made my hair soft -- I like it.

Last edited:
Hi Scarcity!

No I for one am not. And i dont know if anyone else is either. Sorry i couldnt be of much help. I just wanted to answer your question whether good or bad so you dont feel ignored. :)

Check in: Im deep conditoning with ORS and porosity control tonight. I'm wearing my hair down this weeked!

DC'd overnight with AO HSR.
ACV rinsed, NTM leave-in, whipped cream, coconut oil, almond glaze on edges, Bun.

ETA: I'm not in microbraids either.

DC on dry hair overnight with AO HSR - rinsed this morning shampooed with MOC C-Hydrating and followed up with Kenra MC

Steamed for 1 hour last night with Sitrnillah. It's still in now. Will wash out at some point today.

Shampood last night with Ojon Shine & Protect

Dc'd overnight with Jessicurl WDT

OK so I am a LAZY HAG!:lachen: I have not DC since Monday.:nono: I have issues.:yep: Will resume next week. I am changing my days to Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, since my work schedule is about to change. See ya next week :wave:

I am under the dryer and deep conditioned with Regis Olive Oil Conditioner for 30 minutes with Safflower Oil.

I'm itching to end this challenge. It's hard. Hat's off to all of you ladies who are sticking with it every other day. I've been thinking about relaxing this Saturday (16 weeks post -- longest ever stretch). However, if I get a relaxer, I won't want to wash my hair for a week -- possibly two. Then, I don't think I'll be able to get back on the wagon with this challenge. I just want to DC once a week and join the rollersetting challenge.

But, that's why it's called a challenge -- it's supposed to be hard. I think I should either postpone my relaxer...or, commit to rejoining the challenge a week after my relaxer (or both). I'll be thinking hard about this between now and Friday.

Thanks ladies for letting me vent.

I feel you on things getting hard--I was kinda of tired this week of this challenge but remember that everything is hard when you are half-way there. I also agree that if you relax that you should take a two week break.

I'm itching to end this challenge. It's hard. Hat's off to all of you ladies who are sticking with it every other day. I've been thinking about relaxing this Saturday (16 weeks post -- longest ever stretch). However, if I get a relaxer, I won't want to wash my hair for a week -- possibly two. Then, I don't think I'll be able to get back on the wagon with this challenge. I just want to DC once a week and join the rollersetting challenge.

But, that's why it's called a challenge -- it's supposed to be hard. I think I should either postpone my relaxer...or, commit to rejoining the challenge a week after my relaxer (or both). I'll be thinking hard about this between now and Friday.

Thanks ladies for letting me vent.

@ Bolded...this is so true just do the best you can friend...I am sure you are not the only one that feels this way...I have to admit, I have skipped a day or two but I always make it up... even if you do it once or twice a week ..you will be just fine...16 weeks - that's great..I am hoping that I make it past 12

I'm back.:wave: Its Tuesday, and the start of my new rotation days. I am DCing right now with YTC and A2M under the bonnet dryer. I will be under here for about an hour. :yep:

Shampood with DermOrganics Sulfate Free Shampoo
Conditioned for about 10 minutes with AO GPB
Dc'ing right now with DermOrganics Intensive Argan Oil Mask, I'll be leaving it in overnight :)

DC'd last night with Hairveda's Sitrinillah -- heating cap for 30min, then kept in overnight, rinsed this morning, followed by an ACV rinse.

I have gotten a bit off track because my mom came and I deep conditioned on Friday after working out for 1 hour and a half with Ulta Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner because I my hair needs some moisture.

DC on dry hair with AO HSR/castor oil - will wash in the morning with Kenra MS and follow up with SE Megasilk Moisturizing treatment (hope it helps with new growth, 1st time using it) ...

This is my day to DC, so I am about to using my same ol YTC and A2M. I will probably sit with the bonnet on for 30 minutes to an hour. :yep: Happy Saturday everyone :wave:

DC'd on Saturday with Hairveda's Sitrinillah DC after my Aphogee 2 step treatment. My attempt at a braidout did not come out so well, so I DC'd Sunday overnight with AO HSR. I'm in a bun today for work. But, my hair feels great - strong, soft, and the new growth is nice and manageable at 16 weeks post. I think I can be ok with buns (airdrying and not bunning while it's soaking wet is the key for me).

Back