Deep Conditioining Challenge

I've discovered that my hair doesn't respond too well to dc'ing without heat. I tried overnight conditioning without using heat first, and it didn't turn out too great. So last night I put on some Organix Shea Butter con and sat under the dryer for about 45 minutes and went to bed. It's still on my head cause I'm being a lazy cow today :lol: So I'll report back after I wash it out

Jamila, have you used the Long Term Relationship yet?

Oooh, that sounds like a good one!! What brand is it? Is it any good?

I said sleek and shine but really the brand is Smooth and shine. Ya know the compnay that makes that serum. You see it CVS and stores like that all of the time. Well they have this silk fusion line. It comes in little packets. It also has glitter in it which I like:grin: You should see the packets at a drugstore or walmart. Great when you need a shot of gentle but effective protein. My hair soaks this stuff up!

I havent dc'd since um...sunday...which was actually only yesterday but it seems like years ago.
But my hair is so soft. Ive always been afraid of hard core protein treatments and have pretty much avoided like the plague but wow my hair is so soft after using the apHogee 2 min recon and it just wont stay in a bun (again) at all.

Aggie and the rest thanks for the recommendation

Uzz

I havent dc'd since um...sunday...which was actually only yesterday but it seems like years ago.
But my hair is so soft. Ive always been afraid of hard core protein treatments and have pretty much avoided like the plague but wow my hair is so soft after using the apHogee 2 min recon and it just wont stay in a bun (again) at all.

Uzz

whatever, witcho white gir hairl:rolleyes:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

That's cute tho. Yea, I've notice a hufe change in texture to a look of softness. And when I baggy... WHOA! my hair feels like a pack of yaki weave.

Uzz

You're welcomed Rachique.

That's cute tho. Yea, I've notice a hufe change in texture to a look of softness. And when I baggy... WHOA! my hair feels like a pack of yaki weave.

No you didn't say yaki weave! You are crazy!! :lachen: :lachen:

I said sleek and shine but really the brand is Smooth and shine. Ya know the compnay that makes that serum. You see it CVS and stores like that all of the time. Well they have this silk fusion line. It comes in little packets. It also has glitter in it which I like:grin: You should see the packets at a drugstore or walmart. Great when you need a shot of gentle but effective protein. My hair soaks this stuff up!

Oooh, I like glitter :grin:

I'm gonna have to see if they have this at CVS. Ever since this challenge started, I've been OBSESSED with buying conditioners and I have a ridiculous amount of CVS points to show for it :lol:

My hair is really loving this challenge.......This is something I will never stop doing now ....My hair has never been so soft...I did a flexi-rod set last week and my hair has never had so much bounce and body.....

:yep:

Oooh, I like glitter :grin:

I'm gonna have to see if they have this at CVS. Ever since this challenge started, I've been OBSESSED with buying conditioners and I have a ridiculous amount of CVS points to show for it :lol:

I myself can certainly attest to this Tiffers. I get all goo ga ga everytime I go in any BSS store and look at the variety of conditioners on the shelves. I'm all condish-struck:spinning:.

I don't know what to so with myself sometimes:nono:, but hey I"m in love with good deep conditioners:drunk:, especially those highly recommended on this board. I think I have more than 50 conditioners to date.

I dilute poo-washed my weave tonight and put a watered down silicone-free cheapie conditioner through my hair and the weave and washed it out soon after. I didn't feel like dc-ing tonight as I am really tired today. I did clean my hair however and for me that's enough for now and I will make up for this, but later. That's my up[date for now. Good night ladies - to bed I go.

I rinsed out the Organix conditioner and me no likey :nono: It made my hair dry and tangled, thank goodness I had my trusty LTR leave in, or my hair woulda been a disaster

I've been putting off using this, I just had a feeling that my hair wouldn't like it, and I felt kinda nervous using it. I shoulda listed to my instincts :ohwell:

:lachen: :lachen:

You been talkin to my friend aint chya
lmao
Ima bout to do that silly hair tossing thing that white folk do tho...lmao

and girl you better watch out...start saying yaki too loud ima be up there with a scissors....How long is your hair??? :grin:

I've discovered that my hair doesn't respond too well to dc'ing without heat. I tried overnight conditioning without using heat first, and it didn't turn out too great. So last night I put on some Organix Shea Butter con and sat under the dryer for about 45 minutes and went to bed. It's still on my head cause I'm being a lazy cow today :lol: So I'll report back after I wash it out

Jamila, have you used the Long Term Relationship yet?

That wasn't for me,but shoot I HAVE:grin:

Thank you sooo much! All i have to say is that this is where its at:yep:

I don't know how many times i have used this stuff since i bought it.
It was on sale evrywhere thisweekend,so i took that as i sign that i was to buy it:drunk:

I picked up the last two bottles at Kroger.
I think that the raspberry juice is to thank for the product being so good.
I have dc'ed,co-washed,and used this as a leave in since i bought it:look:

Thanks!!!
I dc'ed with this mixed with some grapeseed oil(my new staple oil!Perfect for my hair) and some Kenra MC.
OOOOHHHHH baby! Gimme some more!

[/B]

That wasn't for me,but shoot I HAVE:grin:

Thank you sooo much! All i have to say is that this is where its at:yep:

I don't know how many times i have used this stuff since i bought it.
It was on sale evrywhere thisweekend,so i took that as i sign that i was to buy it:drunk:

I picked up the last two bottles at Kroger.
I think that the raspberry juice is to thank for the product being so good.
I have dc'ed,co-washed,and used this as a leave in since i bought it:look:

Thanks!!!
I dc'ed with this mixed with some grapeseed oil(my new staple oil!Perfect for my hair) and some Kenra MC.
OOOOHHHHH baby! Gimme some more!

Isn't it great?! I was thinking it was the raspberry juice too, cause someone said it has the same ingredients as Hello Hydration, just with added raspberry juice and silk. HH didn't do anything for my hair, but this stuff is just :yay:

How was it mixed with Kenra MC? That sounds like it would be gooooooood! :spinning:

Isn't it great?! I was thinking it was the raspberry juice too, cause someone said it has the same ingredients as Hello Hydration, just with added raspberry juice and silk. HH didn't do anything for my hair, but this stuff is just :yay:

How was it mixed with Kenra MC? That sounds like it would be gooooooood! :spinning:

Girl i took down two rows of braids from the back of my head to test it. I had one broken hair!!!! Zero shed ones!!!!! I forgot to say that i added a widdle bit of Grapeseed oil.It seems like i found almost all of my staples over the weekend:grin:
That LTR set it off though:yep:
I only used a small amount of everything else,so that was the main player in my dc.
I really do think it is the raspberry juice and the silk too.
Thanks again mami!

Girl i took down two rows of braids from the back of my head to test it. I had one broken hair!!!! Zero shed ones!!!!! I forgot to say that i added a widdle bit of Grapeseed oil.It seems like i found almost all of my staples over the weekend:grin:
That LTR set it off though:yep:
I only used a small amount of everything else,so that was the main player in my dc.
I really do think it is the raspberry juice and the silk too.
Thanks again mami!

stop stop stop talking bout new conditioners I'm tryna get my pj under control and yall just flaunting them drugs in front of me...shame on yall shame shame shame

:lachen:

Uzz

stop stop stop talking bout new conditioners I'm tryna get my pj under control and yall just flaunting them drugs in front of me...shame on yall shame shame shame

Uzz

That's how i feel!!
Well i'm going to nudge you to try it for now,,,but if you don't get on that LTR, you gonna make me end up pushing,bumping,and eventually dragging you with me to go get some!!
Now we can do this the easy way,and you can give in like you really want to...or i can drag you kicking and screaming! What's it gonna be?
:grin:

Girl I'm going to go get some more if this stuff today:yep:
It really is that good:yep:

That's how i feel!!
Well i'm going to nudge you to try it for now,,,but if you don't get on that LTR, you gonna make me end up pushing,bumping,and eventually dragging you with me to go get some!!
Now we can do this the easy way,and you can give in like you really want to...or i can drag you kicking and screaming! What's it gonna be?
:grin:

Girl I'm going to go get some more if this stuff today:yep:
It really is that good:yep:

lmao
you are not helping girl!
What happened to sisterly love and encouraging one another to stay on the straight n narrow and not become an addict...what happened to all that??
man *sigh*

yall be like "if im addict you're an addict"

but having said that I come willingly :lachen: BUT....BUT it will only be in April and you must NOT (please please) tempt me before then please!!! I really have to work on my stash :look: ...im already on a limit...I cant buy nuthin over £1...ive gotten so darn many!

lol thanks girl though I will be gettin this cuz i dont want my butt kicked!!

But ok...I did a dc (45) with my now new love 2 min recon....and then rinsed and then used humectress for about 20 mins and hubba hubba my hair is sooooo wow...you cant tell me nuthin! lmao

sorry.

lol

Uzz

lmao
you are not helping girl!
What happened to sisterly love and encouraging one another to stay on the straight n narrow and not become an addict...what happened to all that??
man *sigh*

yall be like "if im addict you're an addict"

but having said that I come willingly :lachen: BUT....BUT it will only be in April and you must NOT (please please) tempt me before then please!!! I really have to work on my stash :look: ...im already on a limit...I cant buy nuthin over £1...ive gotten so darn many!

lol thanks girl though I will be gettin this cuz i dont want my butt kicked!!

But ok...I did a dc (45) with my now new love 2 min recon....and then rinsed and then used humectress for about 20 mins and hubba hubba my hair is sooooo wow...you cant tell me nuthin! lmao

sorry.

lol

Uzz

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Exactly!!!

Well,last night i dc'ed with Activate for the first time,and this is my new staple dc.The rest are really expensive,and i will keep smaller amounts of them in cases of emergency,but i will be using this stuff more.

The ingredients are really good,and my hair feels so good right now.
I like this a lot:yep:
It did not gum up like i thought it would because of the consistency.
I had a great session last night!
Okay...my dc's are starting to sound like gettin some:blush:

LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!

Super late but jumping in on this one as well. I'm thinking about texlaxing my hair so this would be a great way to get it in great condition before making that decision.

i'm currently dc'ing now.
last time i did was on feb 19 (tuesday)
so far i've had it on for about 2 hours.
i'll leave it on for a little while more and take it off.

I d/ced the day before yesterday with silk elements cholesterol.

I just d/ced again (well not exactly a true d/c but whatever) with Paul Mitchell Supercharged. I lightly flat ironed my roots and :love: My hair looks and feels fab!

I deep conditioned overnight on Wednesday with Seah Beauty Sleep night mask with marine collagen. My hair felt really strong after using this mask but I'm worried that it could be too much protein. I plan to deep condition with something more moisturizing this weekend.

Wow! This is great!
I'm in!Especially since i'm back in braids now.
I usually deep condition for 30mins,about three times a week.
When i replenish my Kenra stash,i'll be dc'ing with this mixed w/ a little Jheri Redding natural protein conditioner. I'll probably incorporate a protein treatment also,and for this i'll use my Peter Coppola Protein Pack(i think that's the name).All for an hour each now.
Great challenge!
EDIT:My protein treatment is "Peter Coppola Makeover Protein Pack"

hi there ladybeesrch,

may I ask where are you finding this at? I have been looking everywhere for it?

tia,
tishee

ladybeesrch said:
Wow! This is great!
I'm in!Especially since i'm back in braids now.
I usually deep condition for 30mins,about three times a week.
When i replenish my Kenra stash,i'll be dc'ing with this mixed w/ a little Jheri Redding natural protein conditioner. I'll probably incorporate a protein treatment also,and for this i'll use my Peter Coppola Protein Pack(i think that's the name).All for an hour each now.
Great challenge!
EDIT:My protein treatment is "Peter Coppola Makeover Protein Pack"

hi there ladybeesrch,

may I ask where are you finding this at? I have been looking everywhere for it?

tia,
tishee

I want to know too. I have a Peter Coppola conditioner that I love but it's discontinued. I can't find it anywhere.

Back