Deep Conditioining Challenge

lol thanks hun...just gettin used to me? girl i been here five years on and off lol

Im handing over to Aggie ladies...take care of my Dc'ers

*hugs*

Uzz

I know hon, but I haven't. I just joined this board in October, 2007 but I've been a member of other hair boards much longer. And yes...I will take very good care of all our DC-ers.

I can't wait for my DC treatment tomorrow with my braids in. I sure hope they stay in tact and looking nice like they are right now.

I am so happy that i bumped into this thread:grin: my hair is coming along pretty well since i started dc twice a week. I bought some Keracare Humecto and dc's with it today OHYMY!!:blush:...my hair was so soft I didnt bother pooing' after!!! I didn't want to lose that soft feeling...:lick:...

I've just joined this challenge after doing some serious damage to my hair. I reached my APL goal and I had to cut right back to SL. :perplexed

I'm sitting here with Keracare moisturizing conditioner in my hair. I did it on dry hair because I shampooed a few days ago. I think my hour is up so I'll go and see how it turned out

I pre-pooed with Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment, shampooed and then deep conditioned for an hour with Kerastase Masquintense.

I am really loving the Burt's Bees treatment. I've had it for a while and almost threw it away. I finally figured out it works best if my hair is already wet/damp.

I've just joined this challenge after doing some serious damage to my hair. I reached my APL goal and I had to cut right back to SL. :perplexed

I'm sitting here with Keracare moisturizing conditioner in my hair. I did it on dry hair because I shampooed a few days ago. I think my hour is up so I'll go and see how it turned out

RESULT: Extremely mushy hair. Unfortunately I'm away from home and can't get to my protein conditioners until the weekend. I might have to do an egg treatment or see if I can find a BSS to pick something up to correct this.

RESULT: Extremely mushy hair. Unfortunately I'm away from home and can't get to my protein conditioners until the weekend. I might have to do an egg treatment or see if I can find a BSS to pick something up to correct this.

This is a good temporary alternative.

Tonight I washed my braids and used the crown and glory method of conditioning with infusium 23 leave-in treatment and African Royale braid spray. I also sprayed my braids with a tea rinse of amla, brahmi, bhringraj, and hibiscus powder mixed with some bhringraj and coconut oils for strengthening purposes. They feel really good and soft surprisingly.

Hello

Should you feel a difference in your hair right after you deep conditon? Especially after the first time? And after your hair dries should you still have that deep conditioned feel? I think I have done a deep conditon 3 times, and my hair feels the same after it dries, and still breaks. I am a natural (for now), if that makes a difference.

Hello

Should you feel a difference in your hair right after you deep conditon? Especially after the first time? And after your hair dries should you still have that deep conditioned feel? I think I have done a deep conditon 3 times, and my hair feels the same after it dries, and still breaks. I am a natural (for now), if that makes a difference.

I'm not natural silver so I can't answer this question for you but I sure hope that some of our natural sistas would chime in soon with the answer. I do know that your hair should feel a little more manageable while deep conditioning with a very good moisturizing deep conditioner.

Hello to all deep conditioning challengers. How is your deep conditioning sessions coming along? I washed my braids today with diluted poo/warm distilled water and conditioned with Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner and moisturized with my African Royale braid spray. My scalp is feeling really fresh and clean right now. I sometimes keep my scalp conditioned daily with a nice liberated spray of amla, bhringraj and brahmi tea rinse.

I'm not natural silver so I can't answer this question for you but I sure hope that some of our natural sistas would chime in soon with the answer. I do know that your hair should feel a little more manageable while deep conditioning with a very good moisturizing deep conditioner.
I agree.What are you DC'ing with?Are you using heat?

I've been MIA for a minute but now I'm back. I've been keeping up with this challenge and my hair has improved. Ive been using the steam treatments (shout out to Samantha Jones!) every other treatment and my hair has been softer and more manageable.

I deep conditioned today -- clarified first with Aloe Rid, conditioned with a protein conditioner (Yuko Phiten Repair) for a few minutes and then conditioned with a moisturizing conditoner (Yuko Phiten Bella Treatment) for an hour with heat.

Okay, where are Sareca and Gymfreak? I haven't heard from you two in a loooooong, looooooong, loooooooong while.

Okay, where are Sareca and Gymfreak? I haven't heard from you two in a loooooong, looooooong, loooooooong while.

I am here:grin:

I am still Dcing....I just did one last night with queen helene cholesterol. I left it on for an hour using heat for half an hour. I will do another one in 2 days.

I am here:grin:

I am still Dcing....I just did one last night with queen helene cholesterol. I left it on for an hour using heat for half an hour. I will do another one in 2 days.

Okay, I just bought this today and I can't wait to use it. MedMunky uses it too and so do so many others. How does your hair like this Gymfreak? Is it soft and manageable like most of the ladies are saying here? I didn't find the QH cholesterol plus, just the regular one, which one are you using?

Okay, I just bought this today and I can't wait to use it. MedMunky uses it too and so do so many others. How does your hair like this Gymfreak? Is it soft and manageable like most of the ladies are saying here? I didn't find the QH cholesterol plus, just the regular one, which one are you using?

I am using just the regular one. My hair feels soft, very strong and flexible. It was very easy to rollerset it too. I also like this stuff as a pre poo treatment. Its cheap which is even better

I am using just the regular one. My hair feels soft, very strong and flexible. It was very easy to rollerset it too. I also like this stuff as a pre poo treatment. Its cheap which is even better

This sounds like a good buy then. Thanks for the review.

Hola...:wave:

*hair hug Prof Aggie* *hair hug sensei Gym*

Been running around and apt hunting....all I had time to do was put on the oil mix with some ORS Hair Mayo and Pantene BD Mask around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night...did chores, put a hat on ran to the Bronx, etc. didn't rinse out until about 10 p.m. last night...so...that was about 24 hrs of conditioning under 4 plastic caps.

Hair was nice and soft, I must say. :)

Been running around and apt hunting....all I had time to do was put on the oil mix with some ORS Hair Mayo and Pantene BD Mask around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night...did chores, put a hat on ran to the Bronx, etc. didn't rinse out until about 10 p.m. last night...so...that was about 24 hrs of conditioning under 4 plastic caps.

Hey Mona:drunk:

I agree.What are you DC'ing with?Are you using heat?

I am using a heating cap. I have been using Keracare humecto in the bottle, and I have tried it with miss keys 10 en 1 and I have mixed them. As soon as my hair drys the moisturized feeling seems to go away.

I know I haven't checked in for forty years, but I'm still going stron with the dc'ing! My hair is soft, but not as soft as it was. It's STILL recovering from using that :censored: Optimum Oil conditioner :swearing:

Hey Mona, good to see you still going strong girl. You know I live to see you checking in with those funny posts of yours.

I am using a heating cap. I have been using Keracare humecto in the bottle, and I have tried it with miss keys 10 en 1 and I have mixed them. As soon as my hair drys the moisturized feeling seems to go away.

My hair doesn't respond well to keracare humecto either:nono:. I might have to start pre-pooing with it:yep:.

Back