Deep Conditioining Challenge

I deep conditioned overnight on Wednesday with Seah Beauty Sleep night mask with marine collagen. My hair felt really strong after using this mask but I'm worried that it could be too much protein. I plan to deep condition with something more moisturizing this weekend.

hi there,

can you post what's in this for me, please? How exactly did you use it?

tia,
tishee

Todays one of the days I deep condition....But it's not going to happen....I'm tired ....I'm staying in bed today....

which one do you have? I purchased the daily co from tjmaxx today....hopefully, it will work for my cw.

Peter Coppola Extreme Repair Double Latte Conditioner with soyagen complex. I never used up a conditioner so fast before. I'd never heard of it before but found it at TJ Maxx. I generally used it as a regular conditioner after shampooing. But I did use it once as a conditioner wash, it's a little heavy for that but my hair still came out great.

hi there,

can you post what's in this for me, please? How exactly did you use it?

tia,
tishee

For the Seah Beauty Sleep: I applied about a tablespoon to dry hair concentrating on the mid-lengths to ends. I then put my hair in a bun, put on a bonnet and went to bed. I washed it out in the morning.

Ingredients: Aqua, Alchol Denat, Polyquaternium 37, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Parfum, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Phenoxethanol, Amaranthus Caudatus, Isopropyl Alchohol, Panthenol, MCA, Methylparaben, Butylphenyl Collagen, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, CI 77891.

*waving my special pass*

Completed my 12+ hour overnight conditioning w/oil, poo'd with diluted CON (green label), currently have conditioner mix on head and under dryer with heat for 45 minutes, then will leave on for a few more hours while watching t.v. - that's at least 15 hrs of deep conditioning time.

The hair is really liking this deep conditioning routine...entering 10 weeks post...

Todays one of the days I deep condition....But it's not going to happen....I'm tired ....I'm staying in bed today....

Okay T,

you posted this on Saturday...it's now Sunday....what's poppin with the conditioning?...

we're trying to support each other up in this piece....

Using kenra to dc today for several hours as I have reduced my dc to once per week since my sew-in which I will remove perhaps in 5 weeks.

Hey ladies...where is everyone?
Ive been super busy this week and haven't dont my usual DC because Ive been working extra shifts atthe gym and my niece was in an accident so I have been at the hospital with her (in another town 1.5 hours drive!).
I will be doing my dc this evening then rinsing outin the am, and the same on saturday and sunday (inshaa Allah)

I have gone back to my beloved pantene because nothing else is quite giving me slip and it helps me keep my PJ under control!!

How is everybody else doing?
Keeping up?
Struggling?

lets have updates ladies....

Thanks

Uzz

Hey ladies...where is everyone?
Ive been super busy this week and haven't dont my usual DC because Ive been working extra shifts atthe gym and my niece was in an accident so I have been at the hospital with her (in another town 1.5 hours drive!).
I will be doing my dc this evening then rinsing outin the am, and the same on saturday and sunday (inshaa Allah)

I have gone back to my beloved pantene because nothing else is quite giving me slip and it helps me keep my PJ under control!!

How is everybody else doing?
Keeping up?
Struggling?

lets have updates ladies....

Thanks

Uzz
My TWA is growing and I'm trying to figure out what type of conditioner it likes... I think it likes Fortetherapy by Biolage, I did a DC on dry hair first then a shampoo and then one of the hydra therapy treatment vials followed by the leave-in. It also likes the Joico Moisture balm. It does not like a lot of other conditioners especially the cheap ones because it just ends up feeling dry and hard after it dries. It's totally different than it was when it waws relaxed... I had some breakage I think (not much) from dry combing so perhaps that's a no-no...

I need help on what to use to condition my fro:look: Any pointers natural 4a - b's??

I've been dc-inf once a week now because of my sew-in for several hours each time until I take this down. I am itching to do so right now because I miss really scrubbing my scalp properly.

Getting ready for my overnight conditioning, then deep conditioning mix with heat tomorrow...10 weeks post...

*looks at Gym*
*counting down girl...three...mo....weeks...:look:*

Getting ready for my overnight conditioning, then deep conditioning mix with heat tomorrow...10 weeks post...

*looks at Gym*
*counting down girl...three...mo....weeks...:look:*

Hey Homie! I am trying to hold on.......right now :look: :nono: :lol:

March 10th seems to be light years away right now.

My TWA is growing and I'm trying to figure out what type of conditioner it likes... I think it likes Fortetherapy by Biolage, I did a DC on dry hair first then a shampoo and then one of the hydra therapy treatment vials followed by the leave-in. It also likes the Joico Moisture balm. It does not like a lot of other conditioners especially the cheap ones because it just ends up feeling dry and hard after it dries. It's totally different than it was when it waws relaxed... I had some breakage I think (not much) from dry combing so perhaps that's a no-no...

I need help on what to use to condition my fro:look: Any pointers natural 4a - b's??

Hey AJJ,

My hair likes oil, so 8/10 times, that's what I DC with. I alternate using Castor and Coconut Oil.

When I'm not DC'ing with oil, I use Dumb Blonde (Protein), Moisture Maniac (moisture), or cholesterol, to DC with.

HTH!

I've been MIA lately, but I HAVE been keeping up with the dc'ing. It's getting harder to squeeze in extra time to condition, but I'm making it :yep:

Right now I have Optimum Oil Therapy Deep Recovery Conditioner (or something like that) on my head. This is my first time using it, and I hope it's decent. From the way my hair feels under this bag though, I don't think it's gonna be a very happy ending. I see lots of tangles in my near-future :ohwell:

I've been MIA lately, but I HAVE been keeping up with the dc'ing. It's getting harder to squeeze in extra time to condition, but I'm making it :yep:

Right now I have Optimum Oil Therapy Deep Recovery Conditioner (or something like that) on my head. This is my first time using it, and I hope it's decent. From the way my hair feels under this bag though, I don't think it's gonna be a very happy ending. I see lots of tangles in my near-future :ohwell:

Welcome back, mommy! :welcome: How's the little one?

I have done my dc over the weekend but was kinda just slap happy about it! I didnt really enjoy it like i used to...I was so tired!

Im back on it this week...my niece is home and getting better.

I did spary some innovia protein spray stuff on my hair and it feels sooo soft and wow!! I need to go find some more of this stuff...I had relegated it the back of the stash (which is massively reduced btw!) but this stuff is the bomb!!!

I will DC overnight again with my baby daddy pantene!

Uzz

I washed my hair with a mix of shikakai/amla powder rinse and dc-ed with Nexxus humectress for 1 hour today. I missed properly cleaning and deep conditioning my hair so much that I took down my sew-in just so I can see my scalp again....finally:lick:!

Hey Homie! I am trying to hold on.......right now :look: :nono: :lol:

March 10th seems to be light years away right now.

*looks at Gym*
*looks at calendar*

Hmmmm....seems like the light years have speeded up.:look:

Mo has reached week 11 - two to go ...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, back to challenge talk...

did usual overnight oil/conditioner mix Friday night as of 10 p.m., rinsed Sat morning at 10 a.m., shampooed w CON/Jason's combo, applied conditioner mix, sat under dryer for 1 hr, then took nap with cap on...

this is where it got interesting timewise - I had to go out, didn't want to rinse out yet... it was raining so...:look:

out came the skully cap over the plastic caps, so I ran errands while deep conditioning -

I finally rinsed the mix out around 10 ish p.m./followed that up with using a combo of HE DS/LTR as a final rinse *nice*

...so I had around 23-24 hrs of pooing and deep conditioning care...

good stuff :yep:

*looks at Gym*
*looks at calendar*

Hmmmm....seems like the light years have speeded up.:look:

Mo has reached week 11 - two to go ...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, back to challenge talk...

did usual overnight oil/conditioner mix Friday night as of 10 p.m., rinsed Sat morning at 10 a.m., shampooed w CON/Jason's combo, applied conditioner mix, sat under dryer for 1 hr, then took nap with cap on...

this is where it got interesting timewise - I had to go out, didn't want to rinse out yet... it was raining so...:look:

out came the skully cap over the plastic caps, so I ran errands while deep conditioning -

I finally rinsed the mix out around 10 ish p.m./followed that up with using a combo of HE DS/LTR as a final rinse *nice*

...so I had around 23-24 hrs of pooing and deep conditioning care...

good stuff :yep:

I made it *passes out*
:lachen::lachen:

I will be dcing tonight with kenra for about 2 hours:yep:

My goodness, I haven't updated in a while:nono:. I feel really bad about that. Anyway, how is everyone's deep conditioning coming along? Anyway, let me update now. Since my last update, I have henna-ed for the first time on March 10th using Medmunky's henna reggie and my hair even though very strong, felt really hard. I think that I will avoid putting in the vinegar and coffee next time and see if my hair turns out less dry. I used lots and lots of cheapy conditioner to soften it a little. I DC-ed for and hour with Nexxus humectress and some evoo and it was still a little hard, ie, no slip.

Anyway, the next day I had to use some carrot, EVOO, and coconut oils heated in microwave for 20 seconds and apply to my dry hair. Then I put on the Pantene R/N hair mask and DC-ed for an hour and a half under my hooded dryer. OMG! Much much better. Finally I had all the slip back in my hair. My hair is very very strong now.

I dc-ed again on Wednesday night with the same mixture above and still soft. I am now 13 weeks post relaxer and I gatta tell ya, I am not having a great time with these new growths so I went to my stylist on Thursday for help. She washed and conditioned it again using Paul Mitchell's tea tree Poo and Con, blow dried my hair, straightened it with a Chi flat iron, trimmed a little off the whole head, and bumped a little curl in it and then I was happy again. Whew!!

So now on this coming Sunday, I will be getting my hair in individual braids and I will be taking care of it using the C & G technique. I may only use her way of conditioning the braids which incidently will not include any deep conditioning as to avoid matting and massive tangling. I will update with the method of conditioning I'm gonna be using though. Chow for now.

I've been doing great these last few weeks(even though I fell off).I used pantene extra straight deep conditioner today and my hair feels great.:grin:

i have to admit
i've been sleeping on DC'ing for a little bit.

buuuut i redeemed myself yesterday
by doing an hour and 10 minute DC with kenra mc
and doing a 15 minute mini-DC with herbal essences long term relationship

my hair feels so good right now

i was trying to find this post yesterday to post this
but i couldnt!

I made it *passes out*
:lachen::lachen:

I will be dcing tonight with kenra for about 2 hours:yep:

:lol: I was wondering...I meant to PM you, but I had logged off...

Congrats!:grin:

I'm about to put my Phytorelaxer :look: order in, so I can get my hit next weekend...and look cute fo chuch.

Should be putting my oils/ORS Mayo in another hour or so for my overnight ritual...will proceed with follow up deep conditioning tomorrow morning...and finish up with the HE DS/LTR combo..

Such a lovely challenge this is... :)

i have to admit
i've been sleeping on DC'ing for a little bit.

buuuut i redeemed myself yesterday
by doing an hour and 10 minute DC with kenra mc
and doing a 15 minute mini-DC with herbal essences long term relationship

my hair feels so good right now

i was trying to find this post yesterday to post this
but i couldnt!

Hey runrunrunner, if you have any problems finding a post that you've subscribed to, simply go into user cp at the top left of the screen to access your profile, then scroll down to 'list subsriptions' and click onto it and it will give you the list of all your subscribed threads. Search for the one you want then click onto it and voila! You can also just simply do a search instead but I find that this way takes too long for me. HTH.

Back