Deep Conditioining Challenge

Hey runrunrunner, if you have any problems finding a post that you've subscribed to, simply go into user cp at the top left of the screen to access your profile, then scroll down to 'list subsriptions' and click onto it and it will give you the list of all your subscribed threads. Search for the one you want then click onto it and voila! You can also just simply do a search instead but I find that this way takes too long for me. HTH.

well hey now,

i'll try that next time

i actually usually just go into the Challenges sticky thread
when i want to update any of my challenges

but the link for this one didnt work

thank you!

DC'ed again today (as always with kenra mc)
this time i did it for...3 hours

no more slacking haha.

next DC will be...

tuesday

hope all is well with all.

I'd like to join this challenge. I know I'm late but my hair will thank me for it later! I DC about once a week and I'm on maternity leave so 3x a week should be no problem. You all cowashing or using poo w/ each DC?

I'd like to join this challenge. I know I'm late but my hair will thank me for it later! I DC about once a week and I'm on maternity leave so 3x a week should be no problem. You all cowashing or using poo w/ each DC?

Hey Jayjaycurlz, welcome. I think the challenge is only 3 months which I believe ends in April, however, we were planning on doing another one for an additional 3 months when this one was over because it was so much fun. Anyhoo, I am having braids put in tomorrow, so I won't be dc-ing as consistently as before but I will update with whatever I decide to do to keep my hair conditioned.

Anyhoo, I am having braids put in tomorrow, so I won't be dc-ing as consistently as before but I will update with whatever I decide to do to keep my hair conditioned.

Ahhhhhhhh....braids. I see......she ain't playin.. :lol:

Okay, will you use diluted conditioner in a spray bottle as a conditioning option?

Ahhhhhhhh....braids. I see......she ain't playin.. :lol:

Okay, will you use diluted conditioner in a spray bottle as a conditioning option?

Girl, I just sent you a post in the stretching thread. Yeah I believe I'll be using that with a mixture of Robin's C&G techniques for taking care of braid extensions. I been hoggin' up her website for the last 3 or 4 days now, makin' sure I know what I'm doing. I even printed out some of the techniques to add to my hair care binder:grin:.

Girl, I just sent you a post in the stretching thread. Yeah I believe I'll be using that with a mixture of Robin's C&G techniques for taking care of braid extensions. I been hoggin' up her website for the last 3 or 4 days now, makin' sure I know what I'm doing. I even printed out some of the techniques to add to my hair care binder:grin:.

I tried hard...for like a whole three minutes...acting like I didn't see...

hair...care...binder....

*It is...so...not...a ...game...a..round....herrrrrre...:look:*

After using that :censored: crappy Optimum Oil conditioner, my hair's been so dry and hard to manage. I chelated to get that garbage out of my hair, but it didn't work. I've been dc'ing like a mad woman. Yesterday I mixed my no fail super slip recipe: LTR, So Sexy, honeyquat and saa's...... Nothing! My hair is still acting stupid :mad:

In a few days, I'm gonna clarify. Hopefully it'll fix this problem. I'm so mad, my hair was so freakin soft and now it feels like crap because of that :censored: conditioner. Argh! :pullhair:

Last edited:
I tried hard...for like a whole three minutes...acting like I didn't see...

hair...care...binder....

*It is...so...not...a ...game...a..round....herrrrrre...:look:*
:lachen::lachen::lachen:I have to LMAO at the this whole post. I really like talkin' to you girl.

After using that :censored: crappy Optimum Oil conditioner, my hair's been so dry and hard to manage. I chelated to get that garbage out of my hair, but it didn't work. I've been dc'ing like a mad woman. Yesterday I mixed my no fail super slip recipe: LTR, So Sexy, honeyquat and saa's...... Nothing! My hair is still acting stupid :mad:

In a few days, I'm gonna clarify. Hopefully it'll fix this problem. I'm so mad, my hair was so freakin soft and now it feels like crap because of that :censored: conditioner. Argh! :pullhair:

Tiff, I'm so sorry this happened to you honey. My hair felt like this right after my first henna treatment. What I did to help soften it was heat about 1 TBS each of carrot, evoo, coconut and African shea oils in microwave oven for 20 seconds and put on my hair first, then I really saturated my hair with my pantene R/N conditioning hair mask and dc-ed for an hour and a half with heat. Right after putting the hot oils on my hair, I felt and immediate change in my hair, ie., very soft. I think it may have just been the evoo and coconut oils that really did the trick. I just wanted to start using up my carrot oil. HTH.

:hug2: *hair hug* *hair hug*

*still in awe at the binder though...say word.. this is like...black hair care college now.....:look:*

:lachen::lachen:Okay stop, you're killin' me:lachen::lachen:. Soon people are gonna start thinking that you and I are having all the fun on the board:yep: :yep:.

Hello
I just wanted to add my lil update, I havent had anytime at all the past week but really made an effort today and yesterday.
Yesterday I had two hours in the steam room with my pantene 3 min conditioner. and the same today except I was also in the sauna.
My hair feels great and super soft!
had a wedding last week and so used my hair straightners so my hair was in much need of some TLC....

Glad everyone is doing great...tiffers sorry about your ordeal...let us know if the clarifying works.

take care yall

Uzz

Attention To All Deep Conditioning Challengers,

Just a friendly reminder, this challenge will end on the April 29th, 2008 but if you would like for the challenge to start again for another 3 months, please let me know by sending me a pm and I will start it again for May 1st, 2008 especially for all those that just joined. The challenge is meant to encourage the frequent application of deep conditioning for the healthy benefit of the hair for faster growth, strength and elasticity.

Now at the end of April, those who have been faithful to this challenge, please share with the group a brief summary of the benefits your hair received from the increase in deep conditioning.

For example, did you experience:

Softer, easier to manage hair
Stronger hair
More elasticity
Faster growth, etc...

If it did not work for you, explain why you think it didn't work. It may a particular product or technique, etc.

Go go challengers to the finish line.

Last edited:
I am babying my hair and ramping up the deep conditioning because I did some serious damage last week. I went out of town with a blow dryer and flat iron and proceeded to wash, blow dry and flat iron every other day :ohwell:. I knew I shouldn't do it but my hair looked great. I've started to pay for it with little broken strands all over the sink. I did a protein treatment yesterday for my deep condition. Today, I'm doing a pre-treatment with 1/2 castor oil and 1/2 Fekkai Shea Butter Moisturizing Conditioner, I plan to conditioner-wash this out.

Hopefully, the deep conditioning will help. Otherwise, I know I'll need a serious trim sometime soon.

Hey Aggie...I thought the challenge was 15 weeks? doesnt that take us to end of April (29th).

Uzz

You know...you are right, I just checked back and it is until April 29th, thanks for reminding me.

I'll go back and edit the other post to reflect this, thanks.

Last edited:
Okay yesterday, I washed my braided hair with some diluted kenra moisture poo and poured over my hair in the shower. Then sprayed on some Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner and my braid spray. Tomorrow, I need to purchase a sponge that Robin used in the C&G technique video on her site to wash adn condition my hair with.

How are evryone doing now with their deep conditioning? It's time to check in ladies.

Attention To All Deep Conditioning Challengers,

Just a friendly reminder, this challenge will end on the April 29th, 2008 but if you would like for the challenge to start again for another 3 months, please let me know by sending me a pm and I will start it again for May 1st, 2008 especially for all those that just joined. The challenge is meant to encourage the frequent application of deep conditioning for the healthy benefit of the hair for faster growth, strength and elasticity.

Now at the end of March, those who have been faithful to this challenge, please share with the group a brief summary of the benefits your hair received from the increase in deep conditioning.

For example, did you experience:

Softer, easier to manage hair
Stronger hair
More elasticity
Faster growth, etc...

If it did not work for you, explain why you think it didn't work. It may a particular product or technique, etc.

Go go challengers to the finish line.

*Yes, Professor Aggie*

*Jots down assignment...*

*mumbles under breath*

*Yes, Professor Aggie*

*Jots down assignment...*

*mumbles under breath*

:lachen::lachen:Here we go again. BTW, I know I had said we'd do our final update at he end of March, but that was an error, it should be the end of April.

Last edited:
I haven't checked in for minute....but I've been hanging in there....My hair is so soft and strong these days....:yep:

Hey
I am hanging on in here I wont be here in April so I will post my final pics etc next week.
I will continue to DC weekly My hair has responded so well to it!! Softer and stronger.

Thanks

Uzz

i gotta get in on this! my hair desperately needs it...but i can only manage twice a week for now.

hope you all will let me hang!!!
:spinning:

Ok I havent had a chance to DC my hair over the last week or so because Ive been so busy. But I plan on making up for it over the next three days Need the next few days to recover from my weeks of crazy overtime...so im in the sauna and steam for as long as i can!!!

This is my final update here and I wish you ladies the best of luck in your hair journey.
Take care

uzz

i gotta get in on this! my hair desperately needs it...but i can only manage twice a week for now.

hope you all will let me hang!!!
:spinning:

Welcome Sweetg and I will add you to the challenge for may as well if you'd like.

Ok I havent had a chance to DC my hair over the last week or so because Ive been so busy. But I plan on making up for it over the next three days Need the next few days to recover from my weeks of crazy overtime...so im in the sauna and steam for as long as i can!!!

This is my final update here and I wish you ladies the best of luck in your hair journey.
Take care

uzz

Awww Rachique, you will be missed soooo much. I was just getting used to having you around too.

Awww Rachique, you will be missed soooo much. I was just getting used to having you around too.

lol thanks hun...just gettin used to me? girl i been here five years on and off lol

Im handing over to Aggie ladies...take care of my Dc'ers

*hugs*

Uzz

Back