***December 2007 Hits and Misses***

HITS:
CHI Silk Infusion
Vatika Oil (I can't live without this stuff)
Prepooing with Porosity Control and amla oil
NTM creamy poo and DDC (A friend gave me full tubes of this and my hair responded really well this go 'round)

Major Hit!

Mizani for Fine/Color treated hair Relaxer:
This is officially the best relaxer I have ever used :love:. My hair is not fine nor is it color treated but I didn't want bone straight hair so that is why I chose this relaxer. Anyhoo, Mizani didn't relax my hair bone straight, it made my hair fairly straight with a beautiful very loose waves that were silky and smooth with tons of body. I loved ORS but ORS Regular for fine and medium hair relaxes too straight for my liking although it did make my hair feel really good.

The relaxer is very creamy (not like other relaxers I've used) and spreads very easily. The consistency made it very easy to navigate and apply relaxer to my new grow quickly. Most of my hair was relaxed for 15 minutes (from start to finish) while some parts only got 13 min because I had at little burning (my fault). After my results, I believe Mizani mild relaxer would produce the perfect texlaxed texture and plan to use this as my staple relaxer. *Three thumbs up*

Last edited:
HIT:
Adding warm avocado butter to Miss Jessie's Buttercreme and mixing together. EVEN MORE MOISTURE:lick:

Major Hit!

Mizani for Fine/Color treated hair Relaxer:
This is officially the best relaxer I have ever used :love:. My hair is not fine nor is it color treated but I didn't want bone straight hair so that is why I chose this relaxer. Anyhoo, Mizani didn't relax my hair bone straight, it made my hair fairly straight with a beautiful very loose waves that were silky and smooth with tons of body. I loved ORS but ORS Regular for fine and medium hair relaxes too straight for my liking although it did make my hair feel really good.

The relaxer is very creamy (not like other relaxers I've used) and spreads very easily. The consistency made it very easy to navigate and apply relaxer to my new grow quickly. Most of my hair was relaxed for 15 minutes (from start to finish) while some parts only got 13 min because I had at little burning (my fault). After my results, I believe Mizani mild relaxer would produce the perfect texlaxed texture and plan to use this as my staple relaxer. *Three thumbs up*

This what I am using for my next touchup. I got a big tub of it

HIT:

mop leave-in conditioner(new staple):lick:
Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo/Conditioner

STILL HITTING::grin:

JoicoKPak entire line
Joico Silk blowdry cream
Joico Luxe Volume Cream
....and my other already mentioned staples

MISS::wallbash::nono:
Yeah!!!
Nothing missed this month!

HITS:

DC on dry hair with heat :yep: (worked well for my post 12 weeks hair)
Africa's Best Organics Olive and Clove Oil Therapy

Continued Hits:
Fermodyl 619
ORS Hair Mayo
WRTC
Pantene BD Mask
Aveda DR Treatment
Aveda Brilliant
Ojon Restorative Treatment
Coconut Oil

HITS:

DC on dry hair with heat :yep: (worked well for my post 12 weeks hair)
Africa's Best Organics Olive and Clove Oil Therapy

Continued Hits:
Fermodyl 619
ORS Hair Mayo
WRTC
Pantene BD Mask
Aveda DR Treatment
Aveda Brilliant
Ojon Restorative Treatment
Coconut Oil

Here you go :rolleyes::lachen:

You tryna make me go out and buy stuff:yep:...don't act like you didn't know what you were going to do:lachen:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.....never that........:look:

Got it in a two pack along with the leave in hair mayo for 3 bucks.

Mixed it with the coconut oil...turns out..I like the stuff. go figure.

HITS: ABBA Moisture Scentsations Shampoo- I love the tingle! It left my hair soft & detangled!

Revisited Hit: Rusk Smoothers leave in- Since I added this back to my regimen I can go until the next wash day without remoisturizing

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.....never that........:look:

Got it in a two pack along with the leave in hair mayo for 3 bucks.

Mixed it with the coconut oil...turns out..I like the stuff. go figure.

That reminds me...I got a brand new bottle of the leave in mayo under the sink. I might need to dust that off.

Hits: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Sealing my ends w/ shea butter after spritzing it w/ my homemade water+lots of oil spritz. :love5:

Misses: Applying EVOO to dry hair and baggying overnight. My hair was like :lachen::perplexed :nono2:

Hit: Queen Helene Jojoba Hot oil
This was rich and I really like the ingriedients too, a great drugstore find. Just a dab on my ends really made for a nice conditioning boost in the shower.

Miss:
Kenra Color Maintence Conditioner: This stuff was was just ok to me. I was really expecting a lot more from the people who brought us Kenra MC. This conditioner is silicone free and has a nice list of ingriedients yet it still didn't deliver for me. It was a little on the runny side, not thick like the MC nor did have the same level of moisture or detangling properties. :nono:

HIT:
  • Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream on wet hair - Normally I use this on dry hair as my moisturizer because it doesn't weigh my hair down. But I mixed it w/ my Chi Silk Infusion before blowdrying and had nice nice results.
  • Setting my hair on rollers right after flat ironing - My hair usually falls flat fairly quickly. And it's hard for me to pincurl it. So after I flat ironed each section, I just used a magnetic roller and let it cool down while I got ready. My curls lasted a long time; I still have some body today even after wrapping it up last night. :yep:
MISS:
  • Airdrying - Just not for my hair. :nono:
POSSIBLE FUTURE HITS:
  • Mizani Moisturefuse w/ heat - DC'd w/ this for 30mins (15 mins in I added more to my damaged section) under the dryer. My hair felt really nice afterwards. But I think this may get thrown into the rotation until it's gone. Prolly won't repurchase unless it's on sale.
  • Long Lovely Locks Light Hair Lotion - I like it, it's very light. I just have to use it a while longer to see if it's a staple or not. The consistancy is kinda weird though. :perplexed:

Girl, use it with the conditioner if you ever get a chance. :yep: So stimulating! I love it.

I love this shampoo! This will be an alternate to my Elucence poo.

The tingle was unexpected :blush: but really nice :grin:

I got this from Marshalls.... I'll go back this week to get the conditioner (if they have it). Which one should I get?

Thanks for recommending this HoneyDew!

HIT : I just bought this and it made my hair feel clean and it was not tangled. I will continue to use this for my washes during the week and use real shampoo on the weekends with my DC's.

MISS:

I don't like stasoffro. It's really sticky to me...Yuck! I guess I will just have to finish out the bottle. (I'm really harsh to the PJ in me) <-- I dont buy new until I've finished the old.

LOL!

HIT:
Affirm sustenance
Affirm 5 n1
Affirm Positive Link

I would only like a little more slip, but these products are good!:yep:

I have these but never used them because I thought they were only for use after the affirm relaxer. And I am stretching so I haven't relaxed in a minute. Please tell how you used them.

HIT: Surya Leave In Cream Moisturizing Nutrition made from Brazil nut protein. It gives me the perfect protien / moisture balance.

I would like to thank all of you for revitalizing my PJism :grin:

Hits:
Reducing shampooing to 1x every 1.5 - 2 weeks
My hair likes it alot more.

Peppermint oil
A dab after applying leave in left my hair fortified and smelling good.

Revisits:
Keracare Humecto.
My hair was BONE DRY this past weekend and I drowned my hair in it (no shampo). My hair came back to life.

Surge 14
My hair was shedding and I sprayed what was left of a bottle I had from months ago. The next day a lot less hair came out. Now I remember why I bought this stuff.

Blowdrying
But very light blowdry. I DC'd with Humecto, applied Giovanni direct leave in and waited until my hair was 80% dry. I blowdryed for like 5 mins and my hair came out awesome, even some of the newgrowth soften out.

On the Fence:
UBH Deep conditioner
It worked during the fall months, but as it got colder it wasn't as effective. Its still a good product, but I may keep this in the closet for a while.

BTW...

What is the Aveda DR/Brilliant Combo??? Can someone explain??

DR is a staple, but I've never tried their brilliant line. Thanks

I have these but never used them because I thought they were only for use after the affirm relaxer. And I am stretching so I haven't relaxed in a minute. Please tell how you used them.
30 mins with heat and plastic cap as a deep conditioner weekly. I just rotate them. My hair was very soft, yet strong and easy to detangle. I LOVE THEM!:yep: I got them from www.irbysbeautysupply.com. Cheap prices, cheap shipping.

Back