December 2008 ~Hits and Misses~

Hit: lustrasilk aloe vera cholesterol. Made my hair soft and easy to detangle. My replace my shea butter lustrasilk dc

I've been eyeballing this stuff for like a year now, but it's always sold out.

I contemplated buying it for about a week, trying to find info on it, and just finally went ahead and got it and I'm so glad I did! I got mine from Curlmart :yep:

Hits:
Lustrasilk mango shea butter cholestorol,
Olive Oil Hair One conditioner,
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner - this conditioner really is the 'ish',
Jason natural Thin to Thick Shampoo and Conditioner,
Jason Natural all natural shine styling gel
Jason Natural Thin to Thick body building hair spray.

The Jason Natural thin to thick hair products really made my fine hair appear thicker as promised, I love them and will continue to purchase them:yep:.

No Misses yet as I have pretty much slowed down on the PJism:grin:.

Yup, me too. I like the scent of it too:lick:. NICE!

:werd: :werd:

*hoping that lady don't be starin at me again walking up and down the aisle at the bss near work...:ohwell: I may have to go finger the bottle.*

*that didn't sound right*

*thanks for the positive product feedback.. :)*

:werd: :werd:

*hoping that lady don't be starin at me again walking up and down the aisle at the bss near work...:ohwell: I may have to go finger the bottle.*

*that didn't sound right*

*thanks for the positive product feedback.. :)*

:lachen::lachen::lachen:, I could always count on you to make me laugh, thanks honey.

Continued Hit:

Redken Pure Pearl con
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
Chi Silk Infusion - a MUST HAVE!:yep:

New Hits:
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
Redken All Soft Shampoo :lick:

On the Fence:
My new FHI Flat Iron :ohwell:

Miss:
Fhi Hot Sauce (when used with the iron, I will try it when I rollerset). It makes my hair snap crackle and pop when I iron it. :perplexed

It's been a while since I posted in one of these threads but i'm inching back towards pj'ism:nono:

Hits:
Steam treatments (I don't know what took me so long)
Sabino Moisture block--It's a hit as a heat protectant AND to lock in moisture when I wear my hair natural. With this, i don't have to cowash daily and it makes my detangling sessions sooo much more pleasant
Lady Fior Kita Ondas (Curl Remover) Conditioner-this leaves my hair nicely conditioned and it does loosen the curl which has a 'debulking' effect on my bush

Misses:
La Bomba conditioner-just kinda sat there, nothing gained or lost

Hits:
Qhemet's oils -
Castor & Moringa - Softening Serum
Indian Macassar - Conditioning Hair Oil

I have had these for almost a year and just never got into them because I am loving Nasabb's Kelechi Oils. I used a bit of these oils, the softening serum lsat night and the Conditioning oil tonight. I really like them. They are a bit thicker than they has been in the warmer month. I suspect the coconut oil in the Macassar oil, and Moringa in the Softening serum are firming up because of the colder temperatures.

They seem more exotic and sensual (yep) than Nasabb's Kelechi oil, but at $10 for 2.5 oz, I am not sure I would totally replace my Kelechi oil. The Kelechi oil is only $10.50 for 4 oz and it is just as wonderful.

The Indian Macassar oil smells wonderful ladies. Maybe it will be my weekend oil. :grin:

Last edited:
^^been looking for reviews on the Lady Fior curl kitas ondas for over a year, thanks:yep:

Hits:

Sexy Straight hair shampoo- moisturizing and did stretch out my ng

Mendex
- a good collagen protein treatment substitute for emergencia

avocado butter/oil/AOHSR moisturizer recipe [a la MonaRae?]adding some of that to a dc really ups the moisture

Doing a ponytail rollerset with HE LTR leave in--
[Thank You Pokahontas!]My roots are STRAIGHT right now:blush: and they are staying straight [partial thanks to cold weather]. I don't need to flat iron the roots :blush:, and I was prepared to[trying to hold out until vacay for the t/u]. My natural hair did like those HE products in the past though:rolleyes:. The downside of being a PJ-forgetting what works sometimes.

AO Normalizing conditioner used as directed

Crece Pelo DC mixed with the mendex:lick:

adding a little rosewater and glycerin to HE Break's Over leave in as a daily moisturizer

Revisited Hits from the PJ stash:

Eden Body Works Peppermint Tea Tree Hair Milk- mixed with a little jojoba and used as a scalp "grease" and ng moisturizer. Worked wonderfully this way and stopped the itchies. So glad I found a way to make this work for me.

Navratna Plus Cooling oil: good for itching and dryness. A nice prepoo with good ingredients except for the mineral oil.:ohwell: This oil makes me want to buy some brahmi powder and expt.

kenra mc + kan kanechomn amazonian multi herb dc mix- works well together

On the fence

Capilo Whale Sperm DC- made my hair very light,smooth and shiny--nothing else. One of the first dom pdts I bought last year. Will not repurchase.

Spa therapy moisturizing shampoo- Just OK...it didn't strip, could have moisturized more-it does have a cone and was dirt cheap, so I won't feel bad if/when I chuck it and definitely wont repurchase.

Miss: Realizing the surplus of protein &/or cone containing products I have.:wallbash:

Hits

Getting Permanent color in a beautiful reddish brown shade, having it done professionally
Moroccan oil--my stylist used this prior to blowing out my hair and it made my hair very soft!
Getting my ends trimmed! There's nothing like some thick healthy looking ends!

HITS:

Moisture Maniac conditioner from BedHead. Love it! I bought a small bottle b/c I was wary, but I definitely made a good choice! My hair "drank" this conditoner:lick: and the smell is yummy to me (kinda fruity, sweet... I don't know but me likey!) and my hair got the moisture kick it defintely needed!

Curls Souffle and Milkshake- I haven' tried the souffle on my hair but for my daughter it was great. I have no idea her hair type but her hair is fine curly/wavy but can get frizzy. Great mositurizer for her. I love the milkshake. I have been needing a staple moisturizer- and I actually ordered this on accident b/c I wanted the whipped cream! No regrets here!

Blended Beauty Soy Cream Shampoo: Tried it after removing tree braids. My hair felt so gunky and icky, my scalp yucky. But this poo is great! I love how rich and moisturizing it made my hair feel! It may be b/c I had my own hair sectioned it braids so we'll see next time. :look: Not too fond of the smell though, I know some people were saying the older versions of BB products were too sweet- I wish that's what I'd gotten. I could do sweet! This smells to mediciney to me!:ohwell:

Blended Beauty Curl Cleansing Conditioner: This stuff is great. My hair melts when I use it and detangling my hair is a dream come true! My hair felt so soft and silky afterwards and the buildup on my hair and scalp disappeared!

Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Knot Today conditioner: Well I already started a thread about these. What can I say? The best splurge I've made yet - and the KCCC has way better ingredients than Miss Jessies curly pudding. I think I got even better results, shine, and the jar is huge- much more than I'd expected. I also love the Knot today condish. Both smell
decadently delish to me!

Hairveda's Vatika Frosting: OMG...first this stuff smells yummy! Me and DD are like :lick::lick: wheneveer I use this on her hair. It gives her instant shine and extra softness. For me it worked wonders on my dry irritated scalp when I had braids. I ordered more on Black Friday!

MISS:

Hairveda's Amala Shampoo with Shikakai Extracts. :sad: Since I like most of the Hairveda products I've tried so far, I was kinda disappointed. This poo made my hair feel stretchy, stripped and tangled. I guess my hair doesn't even like low poos.

Last edited:
Hits:
Phyto: Phytocitrus restructuring masque & Phytosesame express hydrating conditioner. (I have been having trouble with dryness, and both have helped tremendously!)

Hit/miss: Elasta QP: DPR 11 deep penetrating remoisturizer (I love the fact that it's heavy because it helps with combing through when detangling, but hair is a little "hard" afterwards. It's not nearly as soft as when I use my "hits.")

Hit:
Cowboy Magic- I've been using this for a while now and I really like it. It works well for dissolving tangles. It has a nice mild scent and could also double as a heat protectant serum too.

Revisited hit: Pantene Breakage Defense Mask- This stuff is great, and it's really concentrated. In the past I've made the mistake of using too much where it would leave my hair kinda coated, but I find using less actually works better for me.

Hits

Ojon treatment on dry hair--my hair is really soft and shiny. It doesn't weigh down my hair either.

restorative hair treatment spray--this is a hair spray but it does not make my hair hard or sticky and provides a nice hold. My fly-a-ways stayed in place all day and my hair felt silky.

Now I want the revitalizing mist.

Crece Pelo DC mixed with the mendex:lick:
This is a good idea. I have a 28 oz tub of Crece Pelo collecting dust.

HIT: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment :cloud9: After chelating, I applied it to my hair and even upon application I was digging it. I used it w/heat for about 45 minutes and upon rinsing, the feelings were confirmed. My hair was soft, tangle free and super moist; a curly girl's dream!! I did two strand twists w/some whipped butter and that was it. That was Monday night, I still haven't had to remoisturize. 3 products from start to finish! Wait, 4. Forgot I used some CON after I chelated :rolleyes:.

Major Hit:

Hairveda whipped ends hydration,it smells wonderful & very moisturizing and a little goes a long way.

Hit:
Leanna's Natural Products:

Hair Dressing
with Avocado, Almond, Hibiscus and Rosemary oils

• Leanna's Hair dressing promotes Hair growth, hydrates and improves the condition of damaged, color-treated or processed hair without weighing it down.
  • Ideal for dry, dull, damaged, natural or chemically-treated hair.

excerpt from my fotki album...

First, this product looks like thick green emulsified shea butter. The ingredients aren’t on the jar but I’ve already contacted the company regarding that issue. I used it on dry hair & proceeded to braid. The product felt smooth and creamy and it really melted all my tangles. It elongated my hair and left it with a nice smooth sheen. A little goes a long way. After braiding, I decided to see what my hair would look like if I were to do a braid out. And OMG! I had curlie q’s. Perfectly shaped, sheeny curlie q’s. I didn’t need to wet and then set my hair with this product. I used it straight out of the jar on dry hair. I’ll use it for another few weeks to get a true feel but…I think QB’s Alma & Olive Heavy Cream has met its match.

MISS:
qhemet everything. these things sucked for my hair. im so upset becuase its not like that stuff is cheap. im thinking of throwing it away but i would feel bad. but its not going on my hair.

hit: the new whipped cream
its a ten deep conditioner

Hits
Ojon hydrating conditioner--amazing moisture and slip! Even when my hair was dry it felt moist.

Biolustre Conditioning sealant-great slip, made hair soft

Revisited Hit

Hairveda's Vatika Frosting---great stuff for thirsty locks

On the Fence

Biolustre instant repair treatment--it does what it says, it's like super aphogee! My hair got hard like cement and it took forever and ever to rinse out!

Miss

Biolustre Renew shampoo--to be used after the treatment, stripped my hair! Stripped my color (Boo!) dried out my hair (yuck).

Another Hit:

Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 Moisturizer,Very Moisturizing & smells Good.

MISS:
qhemet everything. these things sucked for my hair. im so upset becuase its not like that stuff is cheap. im thinking of throwing it away but i would feel bad. but its not going on my hair.

Don't throw it out!!!

If it is the Heavy Cream or Burdock Root Butter Cream, I may be able to take it off your hands. If it is the Detangling Ghee :look: :ohwell: go ahead and throw it out.

j/k Someone here can take that off you r hands, as well!

HIT:

Barry Fletcher Natural Moisture Leave-in conditioner

This is a WONDERFUL Qhemet Olive Cream Detangler replacement. I think LOA helped me find this. :blush:

I am still waiting on my order of Komaza care Shea lotion. But I decided to stop stressing about a OCCD replacement and just let it sit in that I WILL find a replacement. No need to worry at all. I have been visualizing that I will find the perfect leave-in for my hair. I think about it more and more as I use up the last but of my OCCD and I am not worried about it anymore.

Well, I was driving home and saw a BSS that I have never even been too. I just decided to stop, even though I didn't need anything. There was the Barry Fletcher Natural Moisture leave-in. I opened it and the consistency is JUST LIKE the OCCD. I took a chance on it and it is WONDERFUL!

I have been stressing out over this for months and tried 50-11 products and NONE fit the bill. And just when I decide to chill and let life do what it do, here I find it.

Okay enough of my spiritual proclamations. :lol: Maybe it was just a coincidence. All I know is LOA works for me in so many ways.

Last edited:
Back