***December 2007 Hits and Misses***

Hit:
Qhemet Biologics Olive Conditioner & Detangler Cream: This stuff is so yummy! This makes an excellent moisturizer and leaves hair heart breakingly soft. The fact that the virgin coconut oil in it makes it smell like fresh coconut milk is icing on the cake too! :lick:

Okay...officially on my '08 try out list...:yep:

*I can't stand y'all sometimes....I mean, y'all cool and ev'rything...but...sometimes....one starts feeling the itch and the hair product peer pressure...and resentment starts to build..*

:lol:

*I can't stand y'all sometimes....I mean, y'all cool and ev'rything...but...sometimes....one starts feeling the itch and the hair product peer pressure...and resentment starts to build..*

Me and you are both going to be broke. Between Qhemet and Sweetchasews stuff, I ain't gonna have no money.

Me and you are both going to be broke. Between Qhemet and Sweetchasews stuff, I ain't gonna have no money.

:lol: Girl, I was just sitting here looking around this dayumed room, with bags and wrapping paper and bows and other ish...

I ain't (yes, ain't) got ..no....money.....I need to stop....looking...at.....ish.... :lol:

*but I gotta try the Qhemet joint though...just that Olive thingee Priestess used....and that Tigi stuff...and...a couple of other things I ran across...:look:*

:lol: Girl, I was just sitting here looking around this dayumed room, with bags and wrapping paper and bows and other ish...

I ain't (yes, ain't) got ..no....money.....I need to stop....looking...at.....ish.... :lol:

*but I gotta try the Qhemet joint though...just that Olive thingee Priestess used....and that Tigi stuff...and...a couple of other things I ran across...:look:*

:lol: I haven't even got anything for my brother yet but I am trying to order stuff. I need to just take my butt to bed.

I have to agree with it being a really great product, too. It is my leave-in (never use it on dry hair - that's what the Burdock Root Butter Creme is for :yep:). Wonderful product for me.

Oh snaps....I meant to post the very same thing...I dusted off the jar this past week and I've been quite pleased.....and you don't have to use a lot...

Ain't that the truth:lol:! I used just a pearl sized amount as recommended and my hair was blingin'. I have a big jar so this will last me for a gooood while.

Hit

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
Carols' Daughter Hair Balm
Terre de Bain Volumizing Styling Foam
Castor Oil (yup, I just tried it first time yesterday)
Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner, and Shampoo

Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrating Treatment

It has a PH of 3.5 :eek: I love it! It detangles, smooths, acidifies, and moisturizers like nobody's business! Follow that baby with an oil rinse then a cold water rinse and :cloud9:

oh yeah? ....... :scratchch

Hits:
CHI Silk Infusion :love:
Capilo Avocado Conditioner :love2:

Miss:
Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protection Spray
Nacidit Avocado Shampoo

On the Fence:
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor

Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrating Treatment

It has a PH of 3.5 :eek: I love it! It detangles, smooths, acidifies, and moisturizers like nobody's business! Follow that baby with an oil rinse then a cold water rinse and :cloud9:

I put that this was a hit and I just have to reinterate. I just used it again today. Big staple...

I put that this was a hit and I just have to reinterate. I just used it again today. Big staple...

WOW! I need to try this. And guess what - no need to buy it! I already have a tube because I am a PJ. :yep: I am going to try it very soon!

Last edited:
Hit!

Sedu 1" Flat Iron: So when I tested the Sedu when I initially got it, I wasn't too pleased. However, my mind has changed. I flat ironed my hair today with it and I am sooo pleased with the final results. My error when I initially tested it was pressing the plates together too hard causing my hair to snag a bit. Anyhoo, I just pressed without applying too much pressure and my hair straightened and glided easily. My hair felt silky, smooth and soft. This is a definite keeper.

I know I already added my December Hits, but I have to add one more.

PANTENE R&N MASK

I'm finally done with my reggie, I'm sooooo happy. Thanks hot_pepper!! I have finally found a moisturizing deep conditioner!!!!!

BIG HIT

Color Showers Cellophane Mahogany - Love it! It was so easy to apply, and wasn't as messy as I thought. And it works! I've tried other rinses and the color barely showed.

Hit: Waterworks. This dye was beside Bigen and a tad cheaper at Sally's. The last two times I used Bigen I either had crunchy hair and/or it would not rinse well. I was pleased overall. And now that my roots/edges aren't barf brown, I may be able to stretch to 12 weeks (the longest I'll ever go again, lol).

Hits

Jheri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner:
This is a very, very good protein treatment imo. It's not has strong/heavy as Aphogee, it's not messy to use, you don't have to leave it in until your hair hair is hard and it was much gentler to use on my hair.

Mixing Redken Heatglide & Fantasia IC Straightening Heat Protecting Serum: I got this tip from Honeydew (from a previous post;) )and I really, really liked the results. I'm not all that crazy about Heatglide(it's okay) but I love the Fantasia IC. I just mixed 1 pump of the heat glide and a few drops of the Fantasia the results were great.

BIG HIT

Color Showers Cellophane Mahogany - Love it! It was so easy to apply, and wasn't as messy as I thought. And it works! I've tried other rinses and the color barely showed.

This is the one i want to try. Thanks for the review.

HITS:
DCing with Aveda DR and heat :drunk:
Homemade moisturizing spray of VS So Sexy nourishing con, water and EVOO, sprayed on NG :grin:

Misses:
Parachute Coconut oil - works good but smells hideous :nono:
CWing with V05 - NO slip! :ohwell:
CWing period = itchy scalp for me. :sad:

HIT
Miziani Hydrafuse Intensive Moisturizing Treatment:wallbash: high as heck
Optium Shine boost

MISS
Moisturefuse
Silk Therapy

BIG HIT

Ojon's Tawaka Ancient Tribal Rejuvenating Cream - I have only used it as a prepoo so far but it is excellent! I can't wait to try the whole kit!

Fiberguard Preservo Strengthening Treatment - has basically stopped my breakage and shedding. I have used it for the past three weeks, once a week as a deep conditioning, followed by a moisturizing DC. Good stuff. I am going to use it this week again and then cut to every other week and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Hit
DCing with Nexxus Humectress and castor oil---left my hair soft and moisturized. I have tried Humectress before by itself, and didnt do much for my hair.

Last edited:
My last HIT for '07:

Pro-V Moisturizing Essential Hydrating Rinse
Get silky, smooth hair with lots of healthy shine.

I love this stuff. I have been using it as a DC (because I didn't see that it was a rinse) and it has worked wonders for me. It is very thick and creamy. Excellent moisture!!! :yep: Just what I need! My hair is very moisturized and detangled. Love it!!! :love2:

Back