***December 2007 Hits and Misses***

I was thinking the same. Here is what I noticed:
Major softness with shine and silk to match
Faster drying
My face and ears didn't burn, even on the high setting
I didn't have to open the windows b/c of the excessive heat

My only gripes:
Not enough room and it's a little noisy

Which brand did you get? I brought the Revlon version b/c it was 24.99 and I got it for $14 even on Black Friday

I got the Ion brand; the hot pink one.

HITS

Nexxus Sleek Tress shampoo- I was afraid to wash my hair last night because since my alma experiment, as soon as my hair gets wet it becomes brick hard. This shampoo helped my hair become soft and clean. It smells great and I only used a tiny amount.

Another big hit

John Freida Rebuild Restructuring Micro-Oil Therapy:
This stuff is really good! It is a reconstructor in the form of an oil. The major ingredients feature hydrolyzed keratin, amino acids and ceramide in it. My hair was a little over moisturized from pre-pooing with ORS replenishing conditioner too long(I got busy and lost track of time). So I rinsed and put the John Freida in my hair for about 4-5 mins and then shampooed and deep conditioned as normal as per the instructions. Wow. Not only is my hair balanced again but I believe it enhanced the effects from the shampoo and conditioner I used (Mizani Botanifying and Moisturfuse). My hair feels strong and soft. I'm very impressed and I plan to use incorporate this into my next relaxer touch-up process this month.

Hits (at 12 weeks post)
Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist. :heart3: it!! Does what it says: softens, moisturizes and detangles. It's a very light moisturizer (not an activator) so my hair doesn't feel weighed down or sticky.

At One with Nature Leave in Conditioner for my NG

Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol-found my first love at a BSS here. My hair is like silk.

With these three I could stretch for 6 months

Misses
None

I am 30 weeks post, and these products all worked very well in my hair:

Hits
Shakakai/Amla Rinse: really reduced breakage in my hair, stronger strands

Suggestions:
-Braid hair in 8-12 braids and apply oil in sections before doing the rinse.
-Strain the shakakai/amla mixture first.
-Heavily saturate hair in oil before doing the rinse. It reduces the "hardness" you usually get from these rinses, while still delivering the same results!

Fantasia IC Gel: Held down my edges without the hard feeling.

Brillantina Leave-in Conditioner: I really love this stuff! A very little goes a long way, I can tell I will probably have this stuff until I'm 30, lol. It moisturizes my hair very well, and adds so much shine you'd think it was oil or something. It also helps hold down my edges. Cons: not for those with fine hair, unless you are wearing your hair up.

Miss
-Mustard Oil: I didn't know this stuff has sulfur in it! I am allergic to stuff with sulfur :wallbash:

On the fence:
-Apretadora Fortifying Capillar Treatment: no slip
-Capilo's Cinna and Sole: no slip

Huge Hit:

Capilo Avocado Conditioner. This stuff is crazy. My hair feel strong and moisturized. Along with my Salerm 21, my hair is starting to look and feel like black silk, even in this cold weather.

Isn't this the most fantastic product? LOVE IT! I am sure this is going to be the thing (along with oil rinses) that will help me retain length. It does what it says it will do; improve elasticity!

Another big hit

John Freida Rebuild Restructuring Micro-Oil Therapy: This stuff is really good! It is a reconstructor in the form of an oil. The major ingredients feature hydrolyzed keratin, amino acids and ceramide in it. My hair was a little over moisturized from pre-pooing with ORS replenishing conditioner too long(I got busy and lost track of time). So I rinsed and put the John Freida in my hair for about 4-5 mins and then shampooed and deep conditioned as normal as per the instructions. Wow. Not only is my hair balanced again but I believe it enhanced the effects from the shampoo and conditioner I used (Mizani Botanifying and Moisturfuse). My hair feels strong and soft. I'm very impressed and I plan to use incorporate this into my next relaxer touch-up process this month.

Would this be something similar to Keratin Oil?

On the fence:
-Apretadora Fortifying Capillar Treatment: no slip
-Capilo's Cinna and Sole: no slip

I've used these back and forth since I was younger --

Apretadora is not a moisturizing conditioner, hence, no slip.
It's more of a pre-shampoo strengthening treatment

I don't use Sole & Cinnamon as a moisturizing conditioner - I use it on dry hair.

Maybe try it that way and see what happens.

Good luck..:yep:

HIT:

Using warmed Coconut water in my Henna! It was wonderful.

I normally use a cup of full-fat yogurt, but I forgot to get some. :look: So I remembered that I bought coconut water for my protein drinks and decided to warm it up. It was wonderful. I may do it like this from now on! (I also put in a vial of the Fermodyl "Special" formula this time)

vitanet_1978_2451264

I don't use Sole & Cinnamon as a moisturizing conditioner - I use it on dry hair.

Hey Mona. I found (yes found) a jar of this in my PJ closet yesterday. I forgot about this stuff and I think I used to like it. :look: (signs of a PJ) What are the benefits of it for you using it on dry hair?

Last edited:
Continuous HITS

Garnier Sleek & Shine AntiFrizz Leave In Serum - definitely makes my new growth more manageable. :grin:

Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment
- great DC!

Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment
- love this!

Aveda DR/Brilliant conditioner combo
:yep: - soft, strong hair! I have been adding SAA or Silk Peptide Powder and it's just dreamy!!!

NEW HITS

Qhemet Burdock Root Creme
- excellent light moisturizer!!!
Qhemet Castor & Moringa Softening serum - nice prepoo and rinse!! Softness!

Shampooing less frequently - it kind of happened by accident because I have been too busy for the whole production. Prepoos followed by cowashes have been working great. My hair stays moisturized and my scalp is loving it. I make sure to include an oil rinse in there, too, and that makes it even better. I used to poo once a week but, for now, I think once every few weeks will do it. I'm just gonna listen to my hair. It will let me know when it needs a shampoo.:rolleyes:

HIT:

VO5 Detangle and Shine Restoring Daily Leave-In Conditioner

I used it after I shampooed my hair. Provided nice slip while I was detangling my hair.

NEW HITS

Qhemet Burdock Root Creme - excellent light moisturizer!!!
Qhemet Castor & Moringa Softening serum - nice prepoo and rinse!! Softness!

Shampooing less frequently - it kind of happened by accident because I have been too busy for the whole production. Prepoos followed by cowashes have been working great. My hair stays moisturized and my scalp is loving it. I make sure to include an oil rinse in there, too, and that makes it even better. I used to poo once a week but, for now, I think once every few weeks will do it. I'm just gonna listen to my hair. It will let me know when it needs a shampoo.:rolleyes:

I ordered my Castor & Moringa last week. Should have it this week and I received my Burdock Root Butter Cream... Nice:yep:

I haven't shampooed in 2 weeks and my hair is :thumbsup: the DCs on dry hair and then oil rinses/washes with a leave-in at the end. No breakage, no tangles, just moist, smooth and shiny hair. :love:

I've used these back and forth since I was younger --

Apretadora is not a moisturizing conditioner, hence, no slip.
It's more of a pre-shampoo strengthening treatment

Maybe try it that way and see what happens.

Good luck..:yep:

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm definitely going to try this.

What does the Cinna and Sole one do for your hair?

I made the huge mistake of purchasing a poo' without reading the ingredients first....fortunately I didn't use it on my hair :nono: I used it to clean out my toilet.
11.gif

:nono: MISS :down: Aussie Moist 2 n 1 shampoo....here is why it's a MISS..... Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate.....need I say more????? and that just the first 3 ingredients!! :eek:

I must say tho' that it cleans the hell out of a toilet so on that note it's a HIT. ;)

:yep: HIT :up: Aussie Moist Conditioner!! Now that stuff is fantastic!!! It's nice and thick (the way I love my conditioners to be) and smells delish :lick: I used it this morning as a dc (30 mins under the dryer) and my hair felt so soft and moisturized :yep: and my curls popped without much effort from me. :love::up:

Continued HIT :up: Garnier Fructis Curl n' Shine...both the poo, conditioner and the leave in. :yep:

Not so much product hit but technique hit; I was having severe itching, I would scratch so much that my scalp started to breakout. I went for a consultation and my stylist informed me that I have an oil scalp but dry ends. What has been a big hit for me this season is washing with Clarifying shampoos weekly and putting moisture into my hair by deep conditioning. Sometimes moisturizing poos leave a film on the hair and scalp and can cause problems.

Hit: cutting back on moisturizing poos and upping my usage of clarifying poos and follow up with an intense moisture treatment has helped tremendously with severe itching.

Revisted HIT:

Neutrogena Clean Replenishing Moisturizing Conditioner.

I really would like to try the shampoo, as well.

Hit: Caruso Steam Curlers.
I have had these curlers for over a year and never used them. I used them tonight and my hair was looking Fab. I danced and headbanged wildly at a concert and STILL HAD CURLS! I am sold!

Hit Praital Silk Worm Rinse ..I love this stuff talk about a great slip!!!.
It left my hair very silky and soft and tangles went away as soon as I put it on. I like the smell too:grin:
I like this better then Nacidit Olive Oil rinse it did a good job but Praital took the cake.

Hits:

Lekair Shea Butter Cholesterol-Excellent cheap deep conditioner.
Lekair Cholesterol Plus-Excellent cheap deep conditioner.
Flex Balsam & Protein moisturizing conditioner-Great for cowashing
Aussie Cleanse & Mend-Gentle clarifyer
Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin Extreme Moisture shampoo-I love this better than Therappe. My hair felt strong and moisturized after using it.
Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin Extreme Moisture conditioner-Humectress is much thicker but this still made my hair soft.
Herbal Essences Color Me Happy 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner-Used it as a moisturizing shampoo. It made my hair very soft.
Infusium repair leave-in treatment- Don't sleep on the new formula in blue grey bottles ladies. I had instant soft and moisturized hair and I also use it as a leave in conditioner instead of Suave conditioner for wash and go. I like it better because it doesn't weigh my hair down so much.
Infusium moisture leave-in treatment-Don't sleep on the new formula in blue grey bottles ladies. I had instant soft and moisturized hair and I also use it as a leave in conditioner instead of Suave conditioner for wash and go. I like it better because it doesn't weigh my hair down so much.

Misses:

Pearl Collection Olive Cholesterol-Consistency is very light and it didn't do much for my hair.

Hits:
Nacidit Olive Conditioner...really like this. I actually like it better than the rinse
Motions pomade
Hollywood Castor oil in the jar..wow this is nice
Hollywood Castor oil in the bottle...husband bought this for me by mistake but I really like it. Makes my hair really soft.

Giving more time but still nice:
Mane and Tail Detangler

Revisited Hit:
Motions Lavish shampoo
Motions Moisture plus ....I only get the big sizes because they act differently with my hair. They are awesome on my hair. I think there's different ingredients in the smaller sizes and it's just blah.

Hit Praital Silk Worm Rinse ..I love this stuff talk about a great slip!!!.
It left my hair very silky and soft and tangles went away as soon as I put it on. I like the smell too:grin:
I like this better then Nacidit Olive Oil rinse it did a good job but Praital took the cake.
I agree,I bought 3 gallon sizes last week.

Back