July Hits and Misses Yall!!!

Hits - Citrus & Neroli Detangler by John Mastes

Philosophy 3-part 'Crisis Intervention'

Misses - Oscar Blandi's Jasmine Smoothing Conditioner (horrible stuff)

Agree on the Fekkai Glossing Cream Sample. Took two washes to get it out of my hair and start over.

locoabouthair said:
Hey! Would mind elaborating on the Miss Jessies? Did you find it at Ricky's or did you have to order it? Shipping is a bia...... If they have it there (especially the $9 size, I'll get it when I'm in the city in a couple weeks).

I got it at the broadway location btwn 29th & 40th I think. I didn't really keep an eye out for the smaller size, so I can't say for sure whether on not they had it (i was on lunch break so I ran in, grabbed what I needed and bounced).

Simply, it does what it says, it's very moisturizing and when I rinsed out my hair was very soft with slip. Smells good too. It's extremely thick, it was a little more work to spread through the hair, but nothing serious.

Talipoohz_Momma[B said:
Imitation KeraCare Oil with my own additions to my all-natural blend[/B] While I did spend about $40 buying all the oils to make this stuff, buuuuttttt I will not need to purchase any more hair oil for the rest of 2007 (and maybe 08, lol).
What oils did you use? Not that I need any more

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hits::D

Keracare Humecto (in the tub, I know it matters to some of yall:lol: ) as a DC. So I am 9 weeks post relaxer, and I decided to use some of this 16 ounces of Humecto my sister sent me for no reason ( I love my sis! :kiss: ). I used it and :love: my hair was so soft and the tangles. Oh lawd the tangles just fell outta my hair. I combed my 4b, 9 weeks post relaxer, hair (under the shower head) like white girl hair. WHY did I stop using this!? WHY?:confused:

Okay, so I am down to TWO conditioners that are competing for staples-Motions Moisture Plus and Humecto. This is gonna be a HARD one.

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Thanks! It's funny you say that, b/c when I was done typing I'm like: "Wow! Clearly I am bored. Who is really gonna read all this rambling?!" :lol: I got my Fekkai at Bath & Body Works. Fooling with that dern sale, I had so many samples for my many trips! I saw they [those samples] were selling on eBay. Maybe I should find the others :scratchch... It also messed up my sister's hair (and she uses ANYTHING on hers). I've only seen one "success story"...

Yep, I read the entire review!! Maybe because I am a PJ. :D

Hit!

Sunsilk Straighten up 24/7 Creme:Okay, this stuff is the bomb!! It really "straightens out the kinks"..:lol:! Honestly, I was very skeptical. I put some on an underprocessed section of my hair where the curls straightened straight with a very slight wave. This stuff is perfect for stretching. It is also very moisturizing! Definite *two thumbs up*.

Hits:

Proclaim aloe & shea butter mixed with humecto and my version of keracare essential oils-worked like humecto used to. Still gotta try the tub

Elasta QP stimulating shampoo-didn't dry my hair out like I figured it would Love the tingles.

Dove Moisture mist-perfect for daily use

TBD: Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner and rinse
Palmer's Olive Oil Smoothing shampoo
Henna Queen Garlic Rinse

Misses: none

Hits:

-Elasta QP DPR 11 Mixed w/ Honey and EVOO as my DC
-ORS Olive Oil Lotion

A friend of mine got me the Humecto in the Bottle as a gift.... Im like 99% excited cuz Im a PJ plus it was really sweet of her. But that 1% is like dag, I wish it was in the tub... :lol: Oh well, beggars cant be choosers!!

Evazhair said:
Hits:

Proclaim aloe & shea butter mixed with humecto and my version of keracare essential oils-worked like humecto used to. Still gotta try the tub

Elasta QP stimulating shampoo-didn't dry my hair out like I figured it would Love the tingles.

This sounds interesting. What is your version of keracare essential oils?

:lol: , I know right, only a PJ! :lol:
kels823 said:
Hits:

-Elasta QP DPR 11 Mixed w/ Honey and EVOO as my DC
-ORS Olive Oil Lotion

A friend of mine got me the Humecto in the Bottle as a gift.... Im like 99% excited cuz Im a PJ plus it was really sweet of her. But that 1% is like dag, I wish it was in the tub... :lol: Oh well, beggars cant be choosers!!

Hit:
Giovanni Direct Leave in :yay:
Lekair Cholestorol Plus for daily cowashes- my hair has never been so smooth or tried to "work" with me so well :lol:
Fantasia IC gel in the jar-for my daily wash and go

hits: design essentials shampoo. my stylist used it and with some conditoner and my hair felt nice and light afterwards. i'm still trying to figure out what conditioner she used so I can buy it for myself :D

misses: stretching my relaxer past 9 weeks ( last stretch was 11 weeks and when came time for a retouch, hair broke off badly. i just had to get it cut couple of weeks ago :()

mizani moisturfuse conditioner: omg! that crap would not wash out of my hair. i didnt even leave it on that long. my hair was coated and tangled. i wont be using it anymore.

hits: design essentials shampoo. my stylist used it and with some conditoner and my hair felt nice and light afterwards. i'm still trying to figure out what conditioner she used so I can buy it for myself :D

misses: stretching my relaxer past 9 weeks ( last stretch was 11 weeks and when came time for a retouch, hair broke off badly. i just had to get it cut couple of weeks ago :()

mizani moisturfuse conditioner: omg! that crap would not wash out of my hair. i didnt even leave it on that long. my hair was coated and tangled. i wont be using it anymore.

This is one of my fav. poos. :yep:

Hits:
Aveda Damage Remedy poo & Intensive treatment- The poo made my hair feel so good and the treatment was thick and luxurious like face cream. After rinsing instead of seeing strands of hair around the shower I saw only 1. :eek: :grin: This set gives soft, strong, healthy hair.
All Ways Super Gro Hair Dress- Great for protecting ends, smells like candy too. :lick:

Miss:
Africa's Best Shea Butter Tea Tree Moisturizer- This stuff was so thick it was hard to squeeze out of the bottle. When I put it on my hair it just sat there. I really didn't like this at all. In fact I threw it away that's how bad it was for me. Nothing like my nice detangling AB Liquid Hair Mayo leave-in. :nono:

I am so mad you like this poo. That means my hair will love it too! Giong back to pretend like I didnt see your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazhair
Hits:

This sounds interesting. What is your version of keracare essential oils?

Letitia said:
Evazhair, Ms lady you can't come in a hit and miss and leave a hit without leaving the 411. Give up the goods lady. :cool: ;)

*Sending this message with lots of hope and love.

HIT: Sunrise products Hair Souffle.

Very nice moisturizer, but in my opinion not enough product for the price. She needs to increase the size or lower the prices by 50% or so before I will repurchase it.

HIT: Sunrise products Hair Souffle.

Very nice moisturizer, but in my opinion not enough product for the price. She needs to increase the size or lower the prices by 50% or so before I will repurchase it.

Thanks for the review. I have this product. As you know, I have been trying to use up other products. I will pull this out as my next 'use it up' moisturizer.

Thanks for the review. I have this product. As you know, I have been trying to use up other products. I will pull this out as my next 'use it up' moisturizer.

It is pretty good. I was surprised actually. I only got it because I bought 3 bottles of her oil and needed to get one more thing in order to get free shipping. I decided to try this Hair Souffle, which I used for the 1st time last night. I really like it. I just can’t see dropping $10 on that little jar. I would rather just get some butters and oils and make my own soufflé

It is pretty good. I was surprised actually. I only got it because I bought 3 bottles of her oil and needed to get one more thing in order to get free shipping. I decided to try this Hair Souffle, which I used for the 1st time last night. I really like it. I just can’t see dropping $10 on that little jar. I would rather just get some butters and oils and make my own soufflé

OH, she is having a special. I didnt know it. (not like I need to know) What is her link again?? TIA

OH, she is having a special. I didnt know it. (not like I need to know) What is her link again?? TIA

http://www.sunriseproductsonline.com/splashPage.hg

I bought some of the Lenzi's Request oil. But, I am surprised that there was no ingredient list. I really want to know what's in it before I use it. I emailed them yesterday asking the list of ingredients.

I had been looking for a nice pre-blended scalp massage oil and since she was offering them for $5 off, I thought "what the heck!" :)

HIT:

Design Essentials Time Release Relaxer. Left my hair nice and silky but still with a lot of body unlike ULI & Affirm.

Avocado Butter: It has been protecting my hair from the Southern summer heat like nobodies business.

Miss:

Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer (as a leave in): I think this was the culprit for my dry hair.

Last edited:
Hits:
Avocado and Hemp Seed Butters!
Keracare Moisture Shampoo
ORS Replenishing packs
ORS Creamy aloe Shampoo
Keracare Essential Oils for sealing

Also... Sugar scrub (just plain old sugar) and Safflower oil for all over skin softening and moisturizing right in the shower! You can add essential oils to it and it feels like you're in a spa! I add lavender and grapefruit oils! :lol:

Back