***December 2007 Hits and Misses***

Major Hits:

Joico KPAK repair and hydrate set that has shampoo and condish....
Joico Lux Elixer
Joico Silk Result Straight smoother blowdry cream
Joico Silk result sheer gloss
Kenra Daily Provisioning Leave in condish

Miss:
I dont have one this time.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm definitely going to try this.

What does the Cinna and Sole one do for your hair?

@ Kiesha and Honeydew....like the Apretadora, it's supposed to be a scalp fortifier - tightens the scalp, lessen hair loss...I also like the way it makes my hair feel.

Brownie518 said:
Aveda DR/Brilliant conditioner combo :yep: - soft, strong hair! I have been adding SAA or Silk Peptide Powder and it's just dreamy!!!

Awwwwwwww dat's my ish right dere!!!! Never added SAA to the combo though.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Continuous HITS

Shampooing less frequently - it kind of happened by accident because I have been too busy for the whole production. Prepoos followed by cowashes have been working great. My hair stays moisturized and my scalp is loving it. I make sure to include an oil rinse in there, too, and that makes it even better. I used to poo once a week but, for now, I think once every few weeks will do it. I'm just gonna listen to my hair. It will let me know when it needs a shampoo.:rolleyes:

OMG! You really are my hair cousin! :lol:

I've been doing the same....especially with this new growth...it's really helped my hair behave through these last weeks until the Phyto hit...

@ Kiesha and Honeydew....like the Apretadora, it's supposed to be a scalp fortifier - tightens the scalp, lessen hair loss...I also like the way it makes my hair feel.

Awwwwwwww dat's my ish right dere!!!! Never added SAA to the combo though.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I think I got the idea from one of your posts a while ago. :yep: Bangin'!!!

BIG BAD HITS :thumbsup:

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler
L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Creme conditioner
Blended Beauty Silk Shake

BACK-IN-ROTATION-AND-STILL-HITTIN' HITS :grin:

Salerm 21 (with a little more silk added)
CHI Silk Infusion
BB Mayo & Honey creme hairdressing on my ends
Shealoe butter
WGHO
(These are all in response to the cold season)

MISS :nono:

Smooth n Shine Extreme Repair oil - a hair hardener

BIG BAD HITS :thumbsup:

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler
L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Creme conditioner
Blended Beauty Silk Shake

BACK-IN-ROTATION-AND-STILL-HITTIN' HITS :grin:

Salerm 21 (with a little more silk added)
CHI Silk Infusion
BB Mayo & Honey creme hairdressing on my ends
Shealoe butter
WGHO
(These are all in response to the cold season)

MISS :nono:

Smooth n Shine Extreme Repair oil - a hair hardener
tell me more about the silk shake!:yep:

tell me more about the silk shake!:yep:

Here is the info from Blended Beauty:

Treat your curls and give them a shake! SilkShake will revive dry and lifeless curls and hydrate while boosting shine, with Rice Bran oil. Perfect for detangling damp curls or for a boost in the morning or anytime of the day, on dry or damp hair. You can never spoil your curls too much! The perfect product for coarse dry straight hair, such as some Asian hair. Comb-able when dry.
SilkShake Ingredients: Aqua [enriched with/avec Aloe Barbadensis, Vegetable Glycerine,Capryl Isostearate,Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil , Behentrimonium Methosulfate(and) Cetearyl Alcohol,Perfume,Preservative:[Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

I am relaxed but I have used this as leave in on wet hair. My hair came out so soft and silky and very moisturized. I was really surprised. I got the sample size from www.honeyfig.com and it came in a little jar. It has been so cold, the consistency is thicker than the spray that it is supposed to be. But I love it. I just used it today and my hair is silky and shiny. I love Blended Beauty. Very moisturizing for my hair.

Here is the info from Blended Beauty:

Treat your curls and give them a shake! SilkShake will revive dry and lifeless curls and hydrate while boosting shine, with Rice Bran oil. Perfect for detangling damp curls or for a boost in the morning or anytime of the day, on dry or damp hair. You can never spoil your curls too much! The perfect product for coarse dry straight hair, such as some Asian hair. Comb-able when dry.
SilkShake Ingredients: Aqua [enriched with/avec Aloe Barbadensis, Vegetable Glycerine,Capryl Isostearate,Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil , Behentrimonium Methosulfate(and) Cetearyl Alcohol,Perfume,Preservative:[Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

I am relaxed but I have used this as leave in on wet hair. My hair came out so soft and silky and very moisturized. I was really surprised. I got the sample size from www.honeyfig.com and it came in a little jar. It has been so cold, the consistency is thicker than the spray that it is supposed to be. But I love it. I just used it today and my hair is silky and shiny. I love Blended Beauty. Very moisturizing for my hair.
damn damn damn!:look: goes to honeyfig website**

Hit

Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo:
I used the new formula version so I can't compare to the old formula. Anyhoo, I am soo impressed! My hair turned out sooo soft and silky. I usually shampoo with Mizani botanifying and deep condition with moisturfuse. This time, I replaced the botanifying poo with the Design Essentials poo and followed by deep conditioning with Moisturfuse and my hair turned out even better than my usually combo :love:. Three thumbs up from me:grin:!

Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme - BIG HIT!!! I think this stuff is going to really help me during these dry, winter months. Excellent for moisture! It's nice and light on my hair. Love it!

Hit

Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo: I used the new formula version so I can't compare to the old formula. Anyhoo, I am soo impressed! My hair turned out sooo soft and silky. I usually shampoo with Mizani botanifying and deep condition with moisturfuse. This time, I replaced the botanifying poo with the Design Essentials poo and followed by deep conditioning with Moisturfuse and my hair turned out even better than my usually combo :love:. Three thumbs up from me:grin:!

Dontcha just :love2: it!!!

Dontcha just :love2: it!!!

Off Topic:

I only came in to say I'm gitten...yes, gitten, real tired of all these GRITS chicks with hair all down to their buttocks region or hovering over it...:wallbash:

it ain't fair! ya'll got hair growin weather....

us Northeasterners gotta fight! we gotta fight the weather!

Let me stop sippin the haterade on the warm weather states...:rolleyes:

:drool: on Tee's hair....

MISS:

Aveda DR Treatment - I really don't like this stuff and I don't understand what others like about it. So not worth the price, IMHO. My hair was not soft at all. It felt hard and stringy - Not soft and moisturized (as the bottle claims it would do:look:). I ended up washing it out and using something else that I knwo works (something that only cost $5, too!) .

HIT:
BioInfusion Creme Moisturizer
Used on dry hair. Hair is ultra hydrated, looks wet (but is dry) and dark/shiny. Other moisturizers leave me looking dull. Leaves hair soft/supple.

My 1st staple moisturizer:yep:

MAJOR HITS:reddancer:

-molasses + olive oil+ red palm butter+ wrtc as a prepoo
stinky but wonderful, when I rinsed I knew it was on!

:lovedrool::love3::lick:
-Kenra MC!!!!!- this stuff is :yay:!!!! I no longer fear wheat protein.nuff said!

-Salerm 21 B5 -kicks lacio lacio's tail! :sandm:Seriously.And I love lacio lacio.

:thought::scratchch:brainy: Kenra MC + Salerm 21 B5=:gorgeous: hair like buttah!

Hit: S Curl+ Elasta qp Mango Butter+ Aloe Vera Gel on DD's natural twists
They are the softest and shiniest after two weeks they have ever been! I'm switching to this from Jane Carter's leave-in spray and Nourish and shine with aloe vera.

HIT: HairVeda MC Pro conditioner...this stuff is awesome! Strengthening and moisturizing at the same time. Perfect combo!!!

I just Dc with Kenra, I didn't wash it out yet but man my hair feels like SILK!!!! I never had a conditioner make my hair feel like this. I hope when I wash it out and rollerset my hair still feels this good. It's still kinda early to tell but so far it's a hit:grin:

Okay I combed my hair out after the wash and set and it does feel as dry as usual but it's not a BIG difference. I'lll try it again and see how it goes.

Last edited:
HIT: Curly Buttercreme (original and baby! My hair is so moisturized and soft! I wish it wasn't so damn expensive! I need to get more before the sale ends!

MISS: Curly Pudding--> My hair felt sooooo dry and looked dull once it dried. Love how ti looked wet, but dry:nono:, my hair looked like i had chalk dust in it. I'm a use this up and then :look:

Miss: Airdrying without any leave in/moisturizer ..:wallbash:
*my dumb arse did this twice recently, I ...will...not...do...that...sh**..a...gain.....*

Feeling a pending hit (will determine after few more times): Pantene BD Mask with Herbal Essesence's Dangerously Straight Conditioner - really softened my 11 weeks post new growth...

SUPER HUGE HIT

Kpak Hydrating conditioner- nice softeness with a touch of strength. My hair is super shiny and it feels totally different. I didn't get alot of slip but I think that is due to my 12 textures of hair going on right now. I did get hair that feels moisturized and even my ends which have been cooked to death with relaxer run off feel thicker and soft. Can't wait to use this after a fresh relaxer.

Back