July Hits and Misses Yall!!!

Tee: Remember I told you about what happened at the Hartsfield last year with my Nature's Blessing pomade?

I am getting ready to order some more EndAll and have it sent to Chicago so that we do not have a repeat of the airport incident over Thanksgiving where they took my Nature's Blessing. I was not a happy camper when they confiscated my Nature's Blessings... Why couldn't the threshold be four ounces, instead of three ounces? Anyway, I only hope my mother and sister do not use it all up before I get there in a month.

Hey...did Labett just hair product quote jab me just now? :blush: :lol::lol:

Touche'

:lol:
Dont get me hooked on anything else soon speaking of Garnier products.
I think I saw your BELOVED NTM Mask at KMART marked down to $1.50 a jar.
I will have to investigate why these products are so cheap and I will PM ya.

HITS

** Dove Sheer Moisture
** Boundless Tresses - love both the scented & unscented
** Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Wax - perfect for laying down my edges when I'm stretching!!
** Roux's Fermodyl 619 Leave In- thanks to HoneyDew, I tried this, and my hair felt sooooo soft!!!!

MISSES

** BTZ Wax Stiff Head - I never figured out how to use it without leaving that white residue

Hit:

Sunsilk Hydra Line (Pink Bottles)

Conditioner - this will be great for a CW. My hair was tripping but this allowed me to comb and it softned my hair.

24/7 creme - this is some good stuff. My hair is still wet but it feels nice. If my airdry goes okay I am buying the larger size of this. I can replace my giovanni Direct for a while and it is cheaper.

Middle of the road:

Shampoo - this left my hair kinda stripped. I wasn't to impressed. I have too much shampoo to use something subpar.

I actually had the sample pack that the company sent me so now I have to buy the large size con and leave in.

OT - I use a lot of conditioner. I have a 2 oz bottle and I finished it all.

HIT

Adding hydrolyzed oats, hydrolyzed wheat, and guar-cat to conditioners and leave ins. (Thanks Sareca and Honeydew)

Avocado butter - might have mentioned before but had to say it again. This s**t is the bomb!! Love it on my ends and everywhere else. I have been using it from head to toe.

ION Silk Solutions Silk Drops - excellent product!! Silky, shiny results.

Dont get me hooked on anything else soon speaking of Garnier products.
I think I saw your BELOVED NTM Mask at KMART marked down to $1.50 a jar.
I will have to investigate why these products are so cheap and I will PM ya.

haaaaaaaaaaa...... :lol:

Actually, the NTM DDC is far more beloved than the mask....I use the mask on a rare blue moon now...but the DDC is always stocked in the closet.

I would feel so lost at this stage without the Phyto, the WRTC and the NTM DDC. :ohwell: I also have turned into a Fermodyl 619 fiend. Have no idea how that happened...

ooh, new hit for me - Garnier Brilliantine Shine Wet Shine Gel.

I swear my braidouts are gettin more hairbanger-ish each time I do one:grin:

Next to try: Garnier Sleek & Shine Conditioning Glaze....

Tee: Remember I told you about what happened at the Hartsfield last year with my Nature's Blessing pomade?

I am getting ready to order some more EndAll and have it sent to Chicago so that we do not have a repeat of the airport incident over Thanksgiving where they took my Nature's Blessing. I was not a happy camper when they confiscated my Nature's Blessings... Why couldn't the threshold be four ounces, instead of three ounces? Anyway, I only hope my mother and sister do not use it all up before I get there in a month.

Now that is thinking ahead! Yes I sure do remember that. I was mad for you. I agree with you on 4oz being the limit. I would not take my End All on my last trip because of this very reason. I didnt want to end up in the security room from snapping out on the security team at the airport!

HIT

Adding hydrolyzed oats, hydrolyzed wheat, and guar-cat to conditioners and leave ins. (Thanks Sareca and Honeydew)

Avocado butter - might have mentioned before but had to say it again. This s**t is the bomb!! Love it on my ends and everywhere else. I have been using it from head to toe.

ION Silk Solutions Silk Drops - excellent product!! Silky, shiny results.
What the world.....You added what to your conditioner. Okay, first of all I am mad at you, Sareca, and HoneyDew because I dont know wanything about this mixture and these products. (Secondly, where did you get them.)

What the world.....You added what to your conditioner. Okay, first of all I am mad at you, Sareca, and HoneyDew because I dont know wanything about this mixture and these products. (Secondly, where did you get them.)

*pulls out pen and paper...*

Hit:

Sunsilk Hydra Line (Pink Bottles)

Conditioner - this will be great for a CW. My hair was tripping but this allowed me to comb and it softned my hair.

24/7 creme - this is some good stuff. My hair is still wet but it feels nice. If my airdry goes okay I am buying the larger size of this. I can replace my giovanni Direct for a while and it is cheaper.

Middle of the road:

Shampoo - this left my hair kinda stripped. I wasn't to impressed. I have too much shampoo to use something subpar.

I actually had the sample pack that the company sent me so now I have to buy the large size con and leave in.

OT - I use a lot of conditioner. I have a 2 oz bottle and I finished it all.

I love the 24/7 cream. I have never tried the conditioner. I have a coupon. I will check it out. Thanks for the tips MissVee.

Deejoy said:
Revisited Hit: Joico K Pak Reconstructor
You and HoneyDew are going to make me try this.

damarc94 said:
HITS

** Dove Sheer Moisture
** Boundless Tresses - love both the scented & unscented
** Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Wax - perfect for laying down my edges when I'm stretching!!
** Roux's Fermodyl 619 Leave In- thanks to HoneyDew, I tried this, and my hair felt sooooo soft!!!!
I love the bold products. You and MonaLisa just pushed me over the edge. The Wax will be in the basket before 7-31-07. ;)

Hit: Shealoe from FNWL on the skin.

This stuff is great on the skin. My arms had a slight burn because I forgot to put on sunscreen. The car ride got me good. Anyway, I put on some lotion and it burned like crazy. I washed my arms and then used the shealoe. My arms felt so much better and looked great. The dryness didnt stand a chace against the shealoe.

Miss: Shealoe from FNWL on the hair.

I tried it over 3 times and it NEVER did anything for my hair. Everyone I know who loved it for their hair is natural. Maybe this butter is just not meant for my relaxed.

Hit: Shealoe from FNWL on the skin.

This stuff is great on the skin. My arms had a slight burn because I forgot to put on sunscreen. The car ride got me good. Anyway, I put on some lotion and it burned like crazy. I washed my arms and then used the shealoe. My arms felt so much better and looked great. The dryness didnt stand a chace against the shealoe.

Miss: Shealoe from FNWL on the hair.

I tried it over 3 times and it NEVER did anything for my hair. Everyone I know who loved it for their hair is natural. Maybe this butter is just not meant for my relaxed.

I am just the same except I am natural and shealoe just does not work, my hair just don't like butters, I can only use unrefined sheabutter when I put my hair in cornrows and that is it, My natural hair just does not do well with butters and oil. But for my skin the butter keeps it soft and silky feeling.

HIT: Boundless Tresses Unscented I am really impressed with this one because It does not have a strong sulfur smell at all, but after 3 days I must start with a fresh clean scalp, I was gonna add my own scent but then I decided to leave it alone, it really works wonderful for dry itchy scalp! But you can smell sulfur in the Bottle but when you apply it lightly to your scalp you don't smell nothing, I really like that:grin:

Last edited:
I am just the same except I am natural and shealoe just does not work, my hair just don't like butters, I can only use unrefined sheabutter when I put my hair in cornrows and that is it, My natural hair just does not do well with butters and oil. But for my skin the butter keeps it soft and silky feeling.

HIT: Boundless Tresses Unscented I am really impressed with this one because It does not have a strong sulfur smell at all, but after 3 days I must start with a fresh clean scalp, I was gonna add my own scent but then I decided to leave it alone, it really works wonderful for dry itchy scalp! But you can smell sulfur in the Bottle but when you apply it lightly to your scalp you don't smell nothing, I really like that:grin:

I am glad to see I am not the only non shealoe lover. I wish I would have made a post asking for help with this a long time ago. I know I would have gotten the skin tip from you. ;) If it wasnt for that sunburn, I wouldn't have thought to put it on my skin. :nono:

Hits: Sunsilk Hydra 24/7 creme, this is my new moisturizer. Also loving the saran wrap hair wrapping method.

Miss: Porosity Control cond. it did nothing for my hair.

Shealoe did not work for me either. I sold it. I was palpably disappointed with it because I just died to have it and the shipping and handling cost as much as the 16 ounce tub by itself, so I would up paying like $16.00 or $17.00 for something that my hair absolutely despised. I need to post in the thread of things I bet my life on I will never buy again...Sometimes a product does not work on my hair and I put them away, but they will work a few months later, for some reason, but this was not one of those products.

Letitia, I got the oat and wheat proteins and the guar-cat from Lotioncrafter. I got the ideas when Sareca and Honeydew responded to this thread about using silk amino acids, which I add to just about everything now.

It was this thread that got me going:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=124441
:yep:

Back