December 2008 ~Hits and Misses~

Did this have a lot of slip and moisture? I just bought some today but won't use it till next weekend.

TIA

I have the original Biolage Conditioning balm one and it gives my hair a lot of slip so I want to know this too:yep:.

Hit--Abba Creme Mask! Love it! My hair just soaked it up and it made my hair so soft and moist!
Oooooh, I been wanting to buy this fgor soooooo long. Still think I'll add it to my already large list of hair products next year because the Abba line is organic and would be great for my fine tresses:yep:.

Hit--Abba Creme Mask! Love it! My hair just soaked it up and it made my hair so soft and moist!

I agree. Great product.

There are two different formulas floating around though. :look:

But it is a non-issue, but because it was the old packaging.

I am sure the newly packaged one is set as far as ingredients go.

Hits

Hairveda Vatika Frosting, Whipped Cream, Cocosta oil, Avasoya Oil, Stirinilah Mask, Almond Glaze....I'm ready to buy it all.

Jane Carters Nourish & Shine and Nourishing Cream

No Misses

Miss*** Burt's Bees Pomegrante & Soy...There was no Joy in this shampoo just meets basic hair washing needs. It doesnt dry but doesnt add moisture either.

Hit*** Herbal Essences long term leavin but ya'll probably already know that!

hits:
-flexi rods
-camilla oil
-peppermint oil mixed into my sealant concoction (amla, jasmine, coconut) cuz it makes it smell so much yummier
-mega-tek

misses:
-getting a scarf to stay on my head through the night. any suggestions from the other wild sleepers on the boards?

Hits:

Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner. Leaves my hair soft and moisturized. Love the way it smells and at $6.99 a bottle, you can't really go wrong with it.

Hits: GVP Conditioning Balm, I love how this cond. makes my hair feel. I also love Lustrasilk's Shea Butter Cholesterol as a pre-co/wash cond.

Miss: Adding honey to my dc, just didn't work for me.

hits:
-flexi rods
-camilla oil
-peppermint oil mixed into my sealant concoction (amla, jasmine, coconut) cuz it makes it smell so much yummier
-mega-tek

misses:
-getting a scarf to stay on my head through the night. any suggestions from the other wild sleepers on the boards?

I put a satin bonnet on top of the scarf because mine always slips off. That way, my hair has a double barrier between it and my cotton pillowcase! :yep:

Miss:
Garnier Strength & Repair Melting Masque- This had been sitting in the back of my pj closet for a while, I used it tonite. It was nothing special. Plus the measly 6.whatever ounces wasn't enough really for my hair, I had to use the whole durn tube. I'm stickin' with my staples.

misses:

I put a satin bonnet on top of the scarf because mine always slips off. That way, my hair has a double barrier between it and my cotton pillowcase! :yep:

I do the same thing. I pin a Stay On Satin bonnet over my scarf to keep everything in place all night.

Hits: GVP Conditioning Balm, I love how this cond. makes my hair feel. I also love Lustrasilk's Shea Butter Cholesterol as a pre-co/wash cond.

Miss: Adding honey to my dc, just didn't work for me.

Try only adding it to your prepoo's ONLY...Maybe the high level of heat didnt work well w/ it..HTH:yep:

big fat hits: kenra clarifying shampoo, kenra nourishing masque, kenra platinum moisturizer, and joico smoothing balm

Hits-Silk Elements Olive shampoo and conditioner

Miss - MOP Extreme Moisture. Nothing Special.

Right now I'm trying products I have that didn't give me that 'wow' factor so I can throw them a way.

Revisted Misses
Got2B Hottie leave in
Got2B Hottie shampoo and conditioner

Last edited:
HIT: Cowboy Magic Detangler and Shine, it does what it says and saves me the heartache of pulling out my hair when it's time to detangle.

revisited hit: keracare oil. i used to love this but stopped using it and i used it this past weekend and feel in love all over again.

Back