Crackers Crumbs: Tales Of A Successful Matchmaker. They's Married Now!

The newlyweds are back home. Lil Dude now formally known as Nephew hit me with a "Hey Auntie" today :blush:. They went to his parents house after they got back in town. He did all the talking and initially his mama was turned up to 79 big mad and as soon as he told her about the grandbaby she simmered down to about -10. My niece said at first his mother looked like she had the wind knocked out of her and then she grabbed niece, hugged her and started crying. She said they seemed like happy tears as opposed to "let me choke this b" tears.

Over the weekend I skyped with my niece and had her practice in front of me telling her MIL that she did the best job in the world raising a wonderful son and that she would do everything she could to be the best wife to her son and a daughter to her if she would have her. I'm paraphrasing because it had to be in language that was authentic to my niece and I also told her not to say anything that she doesn't mean or it's going to come off insincere. But I did tell her she needed to emphasize more on nephew being MIL's son than her husband at least until MIL gets used to the idea. We went through a couple different versions depending on how mad the MIL seemed. After niece pulled her aside and told her that, MIL just cried and hugged her again and has been texting her about the baby so I'm thinking things are at least starting on a better foot than was expected.

My ratchet sister-not-in-law, is more ecstatic about the grandbaby than the marriage but whatevs. She's heated that I could pay for strangers to go to Vegas but here she is the mother of the bride couldn't get a ticket out. My other niece (they are fraternal twins) is having second thoughts about not taking me up on this getting married thing now that she sees how it's working out for her sister. I already pumped her breaks on expecting me to pay for a wedding cuz I could literally see the cogs working in her brain.

So I feel like I've done a mitzvah. It might be a mitzvah with bumps and bends but a mitzvah none the less!

The newlyweds are back home. Lil Dude now formally known as Nephew hit me with a "Hey Auntie" today :blush:. They went to his parents house after they got back in town. He did all the talking and initially his mama was turned up to 79 big mad and as soon as he told her about the grandbaby she simmered down to about -10. My niece said at first his mother looked like she had the wind knocked out of her and then she grabbed niece, hugged her and started crying. She said they seemed like happy tears as opposed to "let me choke this b" tears.

Over the weekend I skyped with my niece and had her practice in front of me telling her MIL that she did the best job in the world raising a wonderful son and that she would do everything she could to be the best wife to her son and a daughter to her if she would have her. I'm paraphrasing because it had to be in language that was authentic to my niece and I also told her not to say anything that she doesn't mean or it's going to come off insincere. But I did tell her she needed to emphasize more on nephew being MIL's son than her husband at least until MIL gets used to the idea. We went through a couple different versions depending on how mad the MIL seemed. After niece pulled her aside and told her that, MIL just cried and hugged her again and has been texting her about the baby so I'm thinking things are at least starting on a better foot than was expected.

My ratchet sister-not-in-law, is more ecstatic about the grandbaby than the marriage but whatevs. She's heated that I could pay for strangers to go to Vegas but here she is the mother of the bride couldn't get a ticket out. My other niece (they are fraternal twins) is having second thoughts about not taking me up on this getting married thing now that she sees how it's working out for her sister. I already pumped her breaks on expecting me to pay for a wedding cuz I could literally see the cogs working in her brain.

So I feel like I've done a mitzvah. It might be a mitzvah with bumps and bends but a mitzvah none the less!

:cry3::drunk::baby2::bouncy::boxing::clapping::cry4::dance7:....and all that jazz

You did well CP. Congrats, seriously. So glad hs mom is taking to her. I figured the baby would help. The skyping was also a great idea.

@Crackers Phinn How is the marriage and baby coming along?
They are doing good. The due date is September 2 and they are having a widdle girl. :cupidarrow: They just moved to a bigger place and are super excited. Lil Dude finished his last exams and will be starting as an Actuary as soon as the company finds his replacement. Aside from heartburn, the pregnancy is going smoothly. My hugely vain niece said she walked by a mirror and saw the beginning of her mama's thighs happening so she started water aerobics with some ladies she's made friends with on the mommy board she's on. She's actually made friends online that she's met up with locally for baby cooking classes too. She's gone from hood to turning slightly crunchy. It's interesting to watch her develop different kinds of friends and interests than I've seen her around before. That's that pink pill at work. It's also being married to a man who can afford to support both of you and the extras.

Now we had words when I told her she should rethink her "sexy maternity" pics on the gram but even so the pics were borderline too much as opposed to outright "Oh no baby, what is you doing?" I invited the happy newlyweds, and Lil Dudes parents to the house for Sunday Brunch cuz I wanted to see how mother in law was acting and she seemed cool about everything. I don't invite my nieces hater mama to my house for no reason so I don't know how she's doing and don't care.

My other niece (the married ones sister) is dating a dude she met online after we worked on her profile but she doesn't tell me anything about what's going on so nothing to report on that front.

All of this brings joy to my heart! I hope she sets sail and never look back at her upbringing/old lifestyle.
They are doing good. The due date is September 2 and they are having a widdle girl. :cupidarrow: They just moved to a bigger place and are super excited. Lil Dude finished his last exams and will be starting as an Actuary as soon as the company finds his replacement. Aside from heartburn, the pregnancy is going smoothly. My hugely vain niece said she walked by a mirror and saw the beginning of her mama's thighs happening so she started water aerobics with some ladies she's made friends with on the mommy board she's on. She's actually made friends online that she's met up with locally for baby cooking classes too. She's gone from hood to turning slightly crunchy. It's interesting to watch her develop different kinds of friends and interests than I've seen her around before. That's that pink pill at work. It's also being married to a man who can afford to support both of you and the extras.

Now we had words when I told her she should rethink her "sexy maternity" pics on the gram but even so the pics were borderline too much as opposed to outright "Oh no baby, what is you doing?" I invited the happy newlyweds, and Lil Dudes parents to the house for Sunday Brunch cuz I wanted to see how mother in law was acting and she seemed cool about everything. I don't invite my nieces hater mama to my house for no reason so I don't know how she's doing and don't care.

My other niece (the married ones sister) is dating a dude she met online after we worked on her profile but she doesn't tell me anything about what's going on so nothing to report on that front.
!

Back