Calling in the One Challenge

Alright! It's been a week since we started and I'm tagging folks to check-in here in this thread, or in the private group area (tag Crystalicequeen123 if you want to be added to the private group).

Even if you've been posting or have just started the challenge I'm tagging you so I can make sure everyone that wanted to participate is tagged, and it'll make it easier for me to tag you again next week.

Challenge Rules:

1. State your intention (in this thread)
2. Check in 1x/week

Crystalicequeen123
ivyness
ArrrBeee
God_Favor
MrsTimberlake
kweenameena
tigerrose
GodsPromises
Ipanema
scarcity21
aprils13
ClassicChic
PureSilver
meka72
LaBelleLL
natural in ATL
MissNadia
Mocha126
Nomadiclady
Mortons
InsertCleverNameHere
TRUKARISMA
sapphire74
Always~Wear~Joy
Kimbosheart
Sarophina
Xaragua
girlonfire
keyawarren
miss_a
sgold04

Last edited:
Hi all, I would like to join this challenge as well. I just found it this morning, so I'll need to get the book. Tomorrow's good since it's a holiday. From what everybody said, I'm kind of scared at what I'll uncover. But I know that if I don't, it will just be sitting there anyway.

Crystalicequeen123 , can you add me to the private thread? Thanks.

Dang I did not k n ow that many people had accepted the challenge.

Well, my intention in completing this challenge to find love for myself so that I will be able to love someone else. Don't get me wrong I'm not scared of hurting myself, I have that much love for myself, but I'm constantly beating up on myself for past transgressions against myself and others as well as things that were in no way my fault. I'm a very introspective person and as I reflect back to years past when there was a guy who claimed to love me and I did not believe him nor did I allow him to be close to me, always making excuses why I would not go out with him. I did like him bit I think ok in my heart I didn't think he could possible love mw because I did not feel I had any qualities to love. I think in my present I'm sure it was puppy love but still I felt the same.

And y'all know the other story. that was probably the thing that set off a trigger in my where I think "why don't you love yourself more than this" "why do you subject yourself to feeling this way about someone who does not show you that they reciprocate these feelings for you?""you're not a mind reader nor are you a body linguist, so why should you feel this way?"

Just to restate: my intention in completing this challenge is to create more love for myself so I can receive love and then love someone else the way they deserve to be loved.

I bought the e-book for my kindle and will start this week. I hope I stick with it, I'm a little intimidated at the type of self-reflection I'll be asked to do but I'm going to try. I told my friend about as well so I'm going to see if she wants to do it with me as well.

My intention is to open myself up for love. ETA: I would like to be married within the next two years.

Last edited:
My intention is to let go of my past hurts, cynicism and fears so that I can be and attract an emotionally and spiritually healthy partner.

I will start with lesson 1 tomorrow.

Today, I read chps 4-11. This afternoon, I left work extremely frustrated & annoyed [as usual] so I'll have to revisit certain exercises when my mind is clear!

Work is definitely the thorn in my side. It's my hope that the exercises will improve my work life so I will complete them (particularly write a fairy tale story, list future goals) from a work perspective.

Crystalicequeen123 please add me.

My intention is to attract the right type of man for me. Meet the person I am supposed to get married to by December 2014, so 2015 could be the year of getting to know one another.

I am working with a tight schedule:grin:

Bought the book this evening. Very excited to get started and looking forward to working through my issues with all of you in this challenge. I'm really excited to see how much healing and growth we will accomplish together.

My intention is to be open to finding love and ridding myself of lingering bitterness, and to meet the man I will marry in 2015

Last edited:
My intention is to identify any and all emotional issues that I have that have kept me from loving someone completely or, most recently, letting myself be loved. It is also to enable me to identify what i want in a mate so that when I do meet him, I do not overlook him. I am also hoping to be able to finally let go of my past relationship with my ex FH which I have so Idealised in my head that nothing else compares. Finally I hope to be able to forgive myself for ruining that relationship so I can proceed to the next.

Have my work cut out for me don't I?

I bought the book on Sunday and I officially started yesterday. I'm on lesson 2. My intention is to get past my abandonment issues which have held me back for so many years. It's hard for me to let people in and I have messed up a few great relationships because I was scared. I want to get past all of that and stop dwelling on those relationships. I want to meet a great guy and open my heart to him. Whew, I can't believe I just wrote all of that :lol:

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Update- Week 1
Lesson 1 -Capacity to love and be loved - completed
Lesson 2 -Looking through Laura's eyes -completed
Lesson 3- Honoring our need for Others - completed
Lesson 4 - Love for Love's sake - Essence Qualities - In progress
Lesson 5 - A vision of love fulfilled - Collage & writing your love story - In Progress
Lesson 6 - Nature of Soul connection - Meditation on "the one" - completed
Lesson 7 - Making space for love- completed

I think Lessons : 1,2,3,6 are activities that can be done at anytime during the course.

Can others share how they went about doing Lesson 7 - Making space for love

I made space in my closet
I made room on my bathroom counter
I made two shoe spaces available on my shoe stand
I am trying to sleep on one side of my bed

Does anyone want to share their love story (Lesson 5)?

Week 2
I have not been in a long term relationship to get hurt so Lesson 8 -Allow loss and Lesson 9 -Letting go of the past is a little difficult for me to do.

Wow!!! So awesome!! I'm loving all of the openess and willingness to do this challenge! :grin: It definitely keeps me motivated. :yep:

Last edited:
My intention is to open myself up for love. ETA: I would like to be married within the next two years.
Sarophina Same here...:yep: That is my goal. My goal is to be married by 2016...hopefully before my birthday...:look: :giggle:

With that said, I can't be wasting any time finding "the one" lol :lol: If I want to date, get to know someone deeply, get engaged, AND be married by 2016, I need to CHOP CHOP!! :lol: I can't be wasting any time lol.

Sarophina Same here...:yep: That is my goal. My goal is to be married by 2016...hopefully before my birthday...:look: :giggle:

With that said, I can't be wasting any time finding "the one" lol :lol: If I want to date, get to know someone deeply, get engaged, AND be married by 2016, I need to CHOP CHOP!! :lol: I can't be wasting any time lol.

Crystalicequeen123 I feel ya! It's sort of exciting having a definite goal. It's keeping me motivated! I'm ready to get all my "ducks in a row" so that nothing holds me back from Mr. Right.

I am so looking forward to all of the engagement and wedding testimonies that will come out of this group in 2015 and beyond! We may even have some engagements before this year is over!

Can I say I purchased book by just reading the introduction... Story of my life and didn't even know it. I an excited to use this as a chance to get rid of much needed baggage, self doubt, and thirstiness. I any to be more open to accepting the love I thought I was chasing but really not

Just FYI Everyone....

The Private Group that I have created will no longer be accepting NEW Members come Dec. 1st. This is in order to keep the group private and small and everyone in step with the program (not having new people join months later in other words).

A new group can always be created, but the group that was just created will not be accepting new members after Nov. 30th.

PM me or tag me if you would like an invite to the group. Thanks! :yep:

Update- Week 1
Lesson 1 -Capacity to love and be loved - completed
Lesson 2 -Looking through Laura's eyes -completed
Lesson 3- Honoring our need for Others - completed
Lesson 4 - Love for Love's sake - Essence Qualities - In progress
Lesson 5 - A vision of love fulfilled - Collage & writing your love story - In Progress
Lesson 6 - Nature of Soul connection - Meditation on "the one" - completed
Lesson 7 - Making space for love- completed

I think Lessons : 1,2,3,6 are activities that can be done at anytime during the course.

Can others share how they went about doing Lesson 7 - Making space for love

I made space in my closet
I made room on my bathroom counter
I made two shoe spaces available on my shoe stand
I am trying to sleep on one side of my bed

Does anyone want to share their love story (Lesson 5)?

I am currently on Lesson 7. That is going to take a couple of days. Im very busy and stressed right now but I'm going to clear out a drawer and shelf/closet space.

I enjoyed writing my fairytale for Lesson 5. It hurt but I got my "happily ever after".

Lesson 9 was hard. 10 might take me awhile. The guy I've been seeing for about 3 months is a toxic tie. He says all the right things and does all the wrong (except in the sack). He actually snooped and read a page of my journal and even after reading that being a priority is important to me he still doesn't get why I'm mad when I don't hear from him for 24 hours.

It seems a minor issue but I don't think it is. I've blocked him but he always finds a way around it.

Back