How Do You Feel About Calling Your DH/SO "Daddy?"

I've never said it. My dad means the world to me and I can't separate the two situations. It's creepy to me, but that's me and my situation.

I was watching Living Single and there was a scene with Overton and Sinclair that was really cute.

Overton: Good lookin' out, mama.
Sinclair: I got yer back back, daddy.
*hand pound*

I can see how it can be cute, but its not for me.

If that's how you took it then so be it. Yes, that s what I said. So I guess that every single person that said they don't do it its a liar. Does that sound right to you?
Nah. It doesn't sound right to me. That's why I challenged it.

I find it silly when people try to act like everyone has to have the same point of view about a topic. I've seen it happen in enough threads, so I'm not buying the "I was just joking" line, especially since your words contradict it. How many times do posters say, "Why y'all have to act like you're so goody-goody?" "We only have perfect angels on this board. :rolleyes:" Why can't we just take what people say as their opinion and their experience and leave it at that???

lmao @ talking it so literally. I'd imagine life is pretty weird if you take everything everyone says super literally.

I understood it the way she intended. Sometimes some people on LHCF get brand new and extra when they see the tone of the thread.
There we go again with reading other people's minds and giving them motives. It might sound sassy and get you lots of "thanks", but is it the truth?

Here's a twist for some of y'all... my boyfriend tells me he is my Real Daddy! :rofl:

Mercy me, Ima bout to clutch my pearls,

3685789614_905c0e386b.jpg

Yo real daddy! I can just imagine him, "I gave you life girl!" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Nah. It doesn't sound right to me. That's why I challenged it.

I find it silly when people try to act like everyone has to have the same point of view about a topic. I've seen it happen in enough threads, so I'm not buying the "I was just joking" line, especially since your words contradict it. How many times do posters say, "Why y'all have to act like you're so goody-goody?" "We only have perfect angels on this board. :rolleyes:" Why can't we just take what people say as their opinion and their experience and leave it at that???

There we go again with reading other people's minds and giving them motives. It might sound sassy and get you lots of "thanks", but is it the truth?

Ok. You are so right :rolleyes: there isn't anything for you to buy. Believe whatever makes you happy.

I was referring to why she made the comment. Clearly you feel some sort of way about what people call who they're involved with. IDGAF what pet names people use. Someone on this board said their SO liked to play slave role-play, not for me but am I gonna spend up my pearl clutching for them? No. They like it and they've yet to invite me into their relationship so they can have at it.

It amazes me that anyone would really care or make it their business to let people know that they feel some sort of way about a harmless pet name.

Prior to this thread, I thought that most american chicks called their partners daddy. Don't stone me, lol, that's just the perception I got, especially after that song by Usher.

Back