Black & Married: No Marriage Isn't Just for White People

Soliel185

I thought this reponse to a previous article was very interesting, as were some of the comments...an excerpt:

"Just the other day we were having a discussion about relationships with a group of married and single friends. Someone asked us if we had any advice to give. I really don’t. I don’t think I have any special secret. I certainly can’t tell anyone how or where to find a husband."

Here's the link to the rest of the article -

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/29/black-and-married-no-marriage-isnt-just-for-white-people/

Last edited:
I like this response.

Did anyone see Randy Pausch’s Graduate Lecture. He said (paraphrase) “I got married at thrity-nine and it took me that long because I finally found someone’s whose feelings mattered more than my own.” He was obviously passionate about his wife and his family.

My point is that is maturity and responsibility and passion hit a delta and the right thing happens for marriage. It’s not a black, yellow, or white thing. It’s a precious gift that isn’t driven by socia economics but a maturity, spiritual condition. I am cracking up that this has dissolved into racial indicators. Marriage is a gift that not all get. It’s a full time job. Not everyone qualifies.

I like this response.
Did anyone see Randy Pausch’s Graduate Lecture. He said (paraphrase) “I got married at thrity-nine and it took me that long because I finally found someone’s whose feelings mattered more than my own.” He was obviously passionate about his wife and his family.

That's exactly the way it should be.....

Back