Are you your SO's prefrence/ideal look? How do you feel about it?

Are you your SO's type, ideal, prefrence?

• A.) YES

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • A.) NO

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • A.) I WAS WHEN WE MET

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • b.) Im working on it

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • b.) I dont care

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • b.) It bothers me

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • C.) No answer

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fluffylocks

(For the POLL, try to pick one answer from A.), and one answer from B.), or just C.) ///

Im talking about like weight, body shape, complexion, race, height, age.....Or anything thats most important or relevant to you or your SO.

ETA- Or, do you feel your SO is satisfied with the way you look (main characteristics), or does he have other prefrences? Do you match some...none at all?

And, how do you feel about this? How important do you think it is?

Last edited:
Yes, I am his ideal mate. I know he is satisfied because he is always trying to show me off. lol.

Yes I have everything and more of what he loves,since we first met and now
:yep:

He can't keep his hands off me when were together
:infatuated::infatuated::infatuated:

Until SO met me, his preference was thin, blonde and white (he's Caucasian), now he prefers, black, thick and fine. :giggle:

So he says... I do know he prefers short women with naturals. He had two other GF before we dated and they both are about my height. They were also natural at the time they dated my DH.

He may actually prefer darker women even though they were both pretty light. He's always going on about my complexion and those on my dad's side of the family. They have that very pretty plum black tone. It looks perfect and hardly has any scars. I wish I had that complexion...

He's not my physical type so if I'm not his it's not a big deal for me. He was too good to let go.

I am totally his type. HE does have a thing for those short edgey hair cuts though. The Rihanna wig gets it poppin ;)

His last girlfriend was skinny, Half Thai, and Black. She was his High School sweetheart. I am kind of thick though, but right now I am trying to loose some weight because of health reasons. I am a size 14, goal a size 10! So I would say that: I am working on it!!

In the words of Drake:hit the gym step on the scales stare at the number
you say you dropping 10 pounds preparing for summer
and you don’t do it for the man, men never notice
you just do it for yourself you’re the ****ing coldest.

Yes, I am his ideal mate. I know he is satisfied because he is always trying to show me off. lol.

LOL, same here. I dont think I have ever been with anyone who made me feel otherwise. If anything, I have dated outside my physical type from time to time.

:I'm not his type and he's not mine either, but we're happy with that and each other.

Life isn't always about what you WANT, it's about what you NEED. What he has going on in his heart and between his ears makes me look past his physical.

i put no and i don't care.... lol.... he's always preferred light-skinned chicks who were thick and hood.... i'm def not light-skinned, i'm curvy but i don't have a super huge butt and i'm the polar opposite of hood.... but, he loves me wholeheartedly so it's all good to me...

i put no and i don't care.... lol.... he's always preferred light-skinned chicks who were thick and hood.... i'm def not light-skinned, i'm curvy but i don't have a super huge butt and i'm the polar opposite of hood.... but, he loves me wholeheartedly so it's all good to me...

I hear that! Also, I think guys do switch up as they come across new things and then realize that you are the best they ever had...Then YOU leave a tough act to follow. I bet you are his type now.

:I'm not his type and he's not mine either, but we're happy with that and each other.

Life isn't always about what you WANT, it's about what you NEED. What he has going on in his heart and between his ears makes me look past his physical.
that sums it up .My ideal man is above 6ft 3 with dark skin,strong features large shoulders and white teeth ,my other half is about the opposite but i still love him ,his type is the opposite of me aswell but he said i m the most beautiful girl he s been with ..

yep, he tells me im beautiful, sexy, etc. the interesting thing is ive gained 15lbs over the course of our relationship, and he loves it. he's been telling me i look good from day 1. he's always telling me how amazing each of my features are.

:)

I believe I am his ideal. I'm about 15 lbs. away from being "fine" to DH, but I plan to lose another 40 lbs.on top of that, so I can be "fine" to errbody! :lachen:

He admired me from afar when we met (I was a teenager and he's 7 yrs. older), so he knew me while I was in my prime. :look: I was in my late 20's when we got together.

If I ask him, he will tell me how I look to him, but he's not the googly-eyed, fawn-all-over-you-type, I wish he was sometimes. :ohwell:

Shoot, we old though, I shouldn't even be in this thread trying to answer.

I have no idea what his preference is, but I'm sure if you had asked him a while back, a short black woman with big curly hair wouldn't have been the way he pictured his future wife. :)

He wouldn't have been the way I described my future husband either, so it's all good! :lol:

hmm... i don't know. I look very different from most of the other girls he dated.

either way he's with me now. we've been exclusive for a year so I guess he likes what he's got.

Yep and it doesnt bother me at all because I have my preference as well (chocolate, tall, college educated, hes a year younger than I am, nice sized d!ck :giggle:). I like em slightly bigger but hes working on that lol

His preference: brown-lightskin, long natural curly hair, glasses, some pudginess and definitely curvy

Last edited:
:yep: I know he's a fan of big bootays and I have one and he lets me know all the time that likes and enjoys it. :lol: I guess it's not just the booty, but the proportions as well (even though they're a little off now that I'm pregnant :perplexed). He also talks about how pretty/cute I am, so I guess I'm also his type facially. Other than that I don't think he really has a set "preference" - i.e., hair, skin color, height, etc. I don't know what any of his exes looked like and don't really care. He has mentioned that he has dated women of different skin tones.

Im definately his type, petite and shoulder length hair, brown skin, He definately wasnt my type until he started unfolding like a beautiful flower, layer after layer revealed a beautiful personality and I was hooked!

Im definately his type, petite and shoulder length hair, brown skin, He definately wasnt my type until he started unfolding like a beautiful flower, layer after layer revealed a beautiful personality and I was hooked!

aww... and you guys are getting married in 2 weeks! Congrats!!!!

Yes, I am. I am 5'7" and have dark brown skin. He loves long, dark hair but he loves my puff. Funny thing is that my preference is 6'3"+, dark skin, dark eyes and West Indian. My husband is 5'11, white, has green eyes and is Italian, LOL.

Well, my SO likes big ol' booties--I have a nice size booty, but it's not hella big...I'm a little thicker than most girls he's dated and I'm not ALWAYS dressed to the 9s, but he knows that I CAN dress to impress...that I can be his round the way girl when it is appropriate, and I can turn it off when it is time...I wear many hats and he appreciates that...but I voted 'when we met' because my smaller waist (at that time) made me look like I had a bigger booty:grin:

I'm mostly his type but he like women darker than me :ohwell: but Asian dudes don't exactly have their pick of the black chicks lol, so he copes with it. Facially & body type, yes, I'm his preference.

Is he my first pick, physically? NO.

Body wise, yes, facially, no. He likes brown/dark women who are slender with curves. However, we were friends for a long time before we ever dated and I know for a fact that he never really thought I was all that cute before he really got to know me. Does it bother me? Maybe a little, I try not to think about it. Other guys Ive dealt with liked my appearance from jump (read: thought I was super fine, tongue wagging when they first laid eyes on me), not a gradual thing like this, so it is something different to digest.

Back