Are you your SO's prefrence/ideal look? How do you feel about it?

Are you your SO's type, ideal, prefrence?

• A.) YES

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • A.) NO

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • A.) I WAS WHEN WE MET

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • b.) Im working on it

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • b.) I dont care

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • b.) It bothers me

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • C.) No answer

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ummm most def yes w/ one particular dude.
I've seen pics of other chicks he messed with and even ran into a previous gf of his... he has a type... brown skin, maybe a little lighter, but mostly brown, 4a/3c hair type ad below, shoulder length and longer, girly looking, cute/pretty, slimmish.. not too thick I might be on the taller side of things for him :lol: . I remember him showing me a pic of one of his friends and I was :blush: from a glance I woulda thought I was just looked at myself :ohwell:. Even the women he compliments... they/we all have something in common.

Another ex, ummm.. nah, I think he use to mess w/ shorter girls that were really thick or video typeish looking.

ETA- Or, do you feel your SO is satisfied with the way you look (main characteristics), or does he have other prefrences? Do you match some...none at all?

And, how do you feel about this? How important do you think it is?

He always tells me I was exactly what he wanted - body, face, education, Latina, independent... We've been together 8 years (married 7) and I always go out of my way to look nice for him. It is important, but not to the point where women should be cheated on or divorced over it.

He was NOT my ideal mate. I used to date all white boys (this fact makes him mad LOL) and he was my first Puerto Rican boyfriend. He wasn't what I was looking for, but God knew what I needed. I was a bit shallow years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My FI doesn't have specific preferences other than a woman who is fit and wears her hair the way God made it...kind of.
Ok, I'm right about the hair because he is the one who encouraged me to go natural and has always supported me, but I know that pear-shaped women are among his preferences. When we talk about celebrities and their shapes, the truth always comes out, then he proceeds to tell me that none of them beats me...he sure knows how to flatter his lady.:blush:

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I'm not my SO's type. He only dated very short petite or short and thick women. I'm tall and athletic built. I'm also the only darker skinned woman he's dated as well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I am. He doesn't really have a type, but I know he likes a very small waist and big behind and toned. He has no tolerence for obesity on any level. I have that. Everything else is subjective. (e.g complexion, hair, height)

Last edited:
(For the POLL, try to pick one answer from A.), and one answer from B.), or just C.) ///

Im talking about like weight, body shape, complexion, race, height, age.....Or anything thats most important or relevant to you or your SO.

ETA- Or, do you feel your SO is satisfied with the way you look (main characteristics), or does he have other prefrences? Do you match some...none at all?

And, how do you feel about this? How important do you think it is?

Yes I am and no I don't have a problem with it. He's my type as well. I used to deny having one, but the truth is I do. I have a few types and he's in the top list.

Hubs didn't personally know a lot of people like me :look:, but I was what he was looking for. If for any reason he remarried, she'd be a replica more than likely. Which sits way better with me than her being totally different. Not that I'm giving him away or anything. :lol:

I've had it done once with a boss who had a crush on me, I left and he got a new assistant, same color, same height, same build, same personality, just the same. Everyone noticed it and thought it was hilarious!

For some people it's more important than others. To me it's quite important, but I also value looks on the same level as other important qualities, so it won't hold the same weight with some people. However I hold myself in high regard and I'd much prefer to be his type, than "an exception made". I'm not as comfortable with that.

Back