Are you your SO's prefrence/ideal look? How do you feel about it?

Are you your SO's type, ideal, prefrence?

• A.) YES

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • A.) NO

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • A.) I WAS WHEN WE MET

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • b.) Im working on it

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • b.) I dont care

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • b.) It bothers me

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • C.) No answer

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pretty much changed his preferences in a way.. or added to them shall i say.
We have known each other all our lives but he never looked at me in a sexual wayuntil he saw me get out of a pool of water one day :lachen: ... the dagger is, i thought i was pretty gotdamn big n SO unattractive...

N e way before me he prefered light skinned with hips and a$$ n breast didn't really matter...... they matter now :lachen:

Last edited:
Yes I am my SO's preference he likes light skin, slim, athletic, pretty eyes, hair, and skin, nice smile, booty, flat tummy, and likes to stay in shape. Funny thing is I just had a baby a couple months ago and still have that famous 10 pounds lingering that I have been wanting to lose and I asked him about it and he shrugged and said he loves the way I look more now than before I was like :blush3: If he likes it, then I Love it:grin:

As far as him originally I liked tall, athletic build and he is average height with a nice body:yep: So, let's just say we are both satisfied:grin:

DH likes tall, thin, lightskinned women w/long hair. He's also my ideal - tall, dark, muscular (not overly), suit & tie type. We both think that mantaining the same physique and attention to our looks is very important to us. I know what he likes and I wouldn't serve up anything else just because we've been together for 20 years. Guess we're shallow like that, lol.

I'm very different from his ex-wife. She was tall, athletic and had a big butt. I am short, not athletic and noassatall. He doesn't really seem to have a type, per se, but like most men, appreciates boobs and butts. I have neither. Guess he married me for the money. j/k

"I don't care".

He calls me beautiful and that's all I need to know. :yep:

Yep.:yep:

I tell him I think he wants a white women he says I want a white man so I guess we're even.:yawn:

I'm usually shorter, darker, and skinnier than what the men I've dated preferred but they still found me attractive so it was never a big deal. They were usually not my type either.

I know that I am what and who he wants to be with forever so the other bit doesn't matter.

But for thread's sake, He always went for women with more body (read: booty) than me, and taller.

Now he's got my short, skinny behind and can't get rid of me :)

I know that DH loves me and finds me HAWT. I am quite opposite from his ex though ( I guess she did a number on him). I'm the first serious irr he's had and, though I left a couple of times, he was determined to keep me in his life ( which makes me really happy).
I think my DH is foine and sexy (with his hyper-hawt-handy-man self. I find a "Fix it" kinda man so sexy, so LUVs IT!)

Nope. My dh only dated petite redbones before me. I am dark chocolate and petite. His mother is very light skinned and her family was very color conscious so its really no surprise that he thinks this way. They don't make negative remarks about dark skinned people, but they notice a person's color before anything else. I really don't notice color as much as other people do so it was an adjustment for me.

It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would and I'm actually pretty proud that I was the one that got him to expand his horizons. I do have to correct him from time to time when he makes comments about light skinned folks, but he has gotten a lot better and has acknowledged that he shouldn't think of people in terms of color.

Nope. My DH always dated BBW's. I have to assume he's fine with me the way I am or he wouldn't have married me. He makes the occasional joke about me (ie. calling me "muscle booty") but overall I think he appreciates my body.

Nope. At first it didn't bother me then a couple months ago he cheated on me with a girl he said was more his type. Men...anyways before that whole ordeal I was completely fine about it. I liked that I was different and he loved me because of it *shrugs* or so I thought...we're still on speaking terms, sort of, so I guess he counts as a SO or past SO.

My Dh def has a type...lighter skinned black, slim :look: (I was slim when we got together) about 5'-7", long hair.

His ideal look has changed as I have changed. From thin with long hair to thin with short hair to fat with short hair and my size with my hair.:giggle:

When I see his type when we're out and about I know who he'll kinda try to look at. Ive pointed them out in recent years, like "oh, she's pretty". I know he sees them just like I see them but there can never be another me.:grin:

Nope and he's not mine either. What he says he likes and what he's dated do not match. I know his ideal would be light skin, long hair, big boobs and butt, w/ green eyes. My physical ideal looks like Mel Jackson...Dh looks nothing like that. So I guess we both have sparkling personalities, lol.

Last edited:
"tick.....tick....uhh (tick).....I like a long-haired, thick, redbone"

sawwwyyy :lol: I couldn't resist...I've been randomly bursting into song lately...even in threads :lol:

Oh, and for those that don't get it...the quote above is from Lil Waynes song (I think) 'Every Girl' :giggle:

when we met.. I dont think I was his 'ideal' nor was he, BUT as time went on.. hes def my type and I'm totally his-or so he says

His ideal.. or rather his previous ex gf's were all what I'd call 'exotics' not white, not black , but more so a mixture of latinas, asians.. etc... me?? I'm black. period. my ideal type was pretty boys..tall -over 6', medium build, medium complexion.. dh is shorter (5'8) , smaller build BUT medium complextion :D and I wouldnt trade him for the world! :nono:

He says he likes slim, brown-dark skin, with real long hair. Fits me. :) After our first break up, he had gotten a lil serious with someone else. His mom said he tried to get someone who looked just like me :giggle: So I guess this is what he really likes. We're back to together now and he doesn't stop talking about how I was made for him :Blush2:

(For the POLL, try to pick one answer from A.), and one answer from B.), or just C.) ///

Im talking about like weight, body shape, complexion, race, height, age.....Or anything thats most important or relevant to you or your SO.

ETA- Or, do you feel your SO is satisfied with the way you look (main characteristics), or does he have other prefrences? Do you match some...none at all?

And, how do you feel about this? How important do you think it is?

I have to say that it would bother me to the fullest! possibly enough to end the relationship...since I'm not in one now, but have been in this situation before, I can only "move" in a way that I feel most comfortable and based on the negativity that stemmed from this problem in a past relationship, I look for signs of this BEFORE i even begin a relationship...if I'm not his type, I keep it movin'...that's a painful place to be imo:nono:

Back