2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

okange76

Happy New Year Chicas !!!

It's a new year with new beginnings. Out with the old and in with the new. Hopefully this year the jokers will lay low and disappear into oblivion never to be seen or heard from again. Those in relationships, may they grow and flourish into lifetime commitments. Happy Dating and may your relationship wishes come true this year.

2018 - I feel like both my bf and I revealed another layer of ourselves to each other in the last couple of days. We've been together 10 months, but it feels like longer.

We are planning a vacation in March. We agreed on Hawaii, but I think Barbados is a better bet. We probably won't celebrate vday. But I do want to do something special since its the anniversary of his grandmother's death. I may send him a really nice card ( we won't probably won't be seeing each other that day).

I love that man! Tis all! Ready to rock through 2018 with him!

Yassss!! :yep:

I’m feeling the same way about my beau. Ready to see how 2018 will be as wonderful as 2017. We’ve had some bumps in the beginning of learning each other but still a good year.

Last night he asked if I would consider marrying him and to give it some thought because he wants to give me his last name. So we shall see...off to a good start though.

So on 1/8 will make 6 months I've been dating this guy and I'm kinda not feeling the same way I was before anymore. I still haven't met anyone from his family. This includes children, relative, etc. I did mention in the 1st 3 months of dating I didn't want to met any of his children, until we have gotten to know if each better, but we are going on 6 months. He hasn't even told his children about me, which at this point is a red flag. All he has said to them is he is seeing someone. He has met people in my life, which I didn't start until after the 3 months mark. Also, I feel this relationship is no more advanced than it was in the first 3-5 months. I'm getting bored and over it. But he's a great guy, which I think would be a better friend at this point. I haven't decided what I want to do, I think I need more time before I make any haphazard decisions.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to the rest of this year. We spent the break together with our kids (two weeks - five people) and no one has “gone missing.”

It’s been really nice going places, having meals at home (he’s done most of the cooking), watching movies, etc. We’ve had a date night (no kids) twice over the break and that was nice, too.

Everyone gets along and it feels natural.

Yassss!! :yep:

I’m feeling the same way about my beau. Ready to see how 2018 will be as wonderful as 2017. We’ve had some bumps in the beginning of learning each other but still a good year.

Last night he asked if I would consider marrying him and to give it some thought because he wants to give me his last name. So we shall see...off to a good start though.

That’s major! Please keep me updated. Last year was the same for us. Right now we are stronger than ever.

I'm embarrassed to say this... I can't tell if the dude I went out with is straight o_O

I have many gay people in my life that I care about but most times I can't tell on my own.

We've been out twice. Not dates, just out. When I met him I thought for sure he was gay... some of his actions, expressions. And the guy he was with seemed gay.

I checked out his IG... plenty of pics with men who look gay but just random hanging pics. Nothing that looks romantic. And he apparently has a decent number of women he hangs with. Which makes me think even more that he may be gay.

Didn't see anything outright that indicates a relationship with a man or woman.

First time we went out was nothing special. Second time I thought he was flirting. Random touches, sly comments. So then I figured maybe he's bi :lol:

I'd like to ask but I'm not sexually attracted to him. And since I don't plan on sleeping with him, I feel asking him would be intrusive.

But I do enjoy his company and his conversation. And I enjoy flirting back with him. But I'd feel like a fool if this dude isn't even into women. I can save my practicing for someone who'll appreciate it :look:

*sigh* I been outta the game too long :(

I'm embarrassed to say this... I can't tell if the dude I went out with is straight o_O

I have many gay people in my life that I care about but most times I can't tell on my own.

We've been out twice. Not dates, just out. When I met him I thought for sure he was gay... some of his actions, expressions. And the guy he was with seemed gay.

I checked out his IG... plenty of pics with men who look gay but just random hanging pics. Nothing that looks romantic. And he apparently has a decent number of women he hangs with. Which makes me think even more that he may be gay.

First time we went out was nothing special. Second time I thought he was flirting. Random touches, sly comments. So then I figured maybe he's bi :lol:

I'd like to ask but I'm not sexually attracted to him. And since I don't plan on sleeping with him, I feel asking him would be intrusive.

But I do enjoy his company and his conversation. And I enjoy flirting back with him. But I'd feel like a fool if this dude isn't even into women. I can save my practicing for someone who'll appreciate it :look:

Sounds pretty gay to me. :lol:

I’d just ask him. Maybe he’s straight but with female tendencies. I’ve met men who could’ve passed for gay but weren’t. They were either raised in a household of all women with no male influence or were beta men by nature (or feminine astrological sign, etc)

I gave my friend “Becky” who I mentioned in the 2017 thread a copy of the men don’t love women like you book. She’s crying after reading the first chapter. I told her with love that she needs to read the book or she will continue to be a emotional and physical haux stay chasing after men who use her up and bounce.

It hurt to say that to her but she thanked me, so I hope the book will be the start of change.

My date last night was fun. We went to Dave & Busters for dinner and then played games.

I had a wardrobe malfunction during a game of air hockey. I was wearing this low v-cut shirt without a bra (cuz the v was too low) but with nipple pasties. This lady kept staring at me and when the game was over I realized that my left boob had pretty much popped out of the shirt :oops: next time I’ll dress more appropriately if the date requires me to be active.

So on 1/8 will make 6 months I've been dating this guy and I'm kinda not feeling the same way I was before anymore. I still haven't met anyone from his family. This includes children, relative, etc. I did mention in the 1st 3 months of dating I didn't want to met any of his children, until we have gotten to know if each better, but we are going on 6 months. He hasn't even told his children about me, which at this point is a red flag. All he has said to them is he is seeing someone. He has met people in my life, which I didn't start until after the 3 months mark. Also, I feel this relationship is no more advanced than it was in the first 3-5 months. I'm getting bored and over it. But he's a great guy, which I think would be a better friend at this point. I haven't decided what I want to do, I think I need more time before I make any haphazard decisions.
So I made a decision to break up, which I did a few days ago. We are going back to the ‘just dating’ phase with no relationship attached. I feel so much better, empowered and free! I didn’t see myself being a “stepmother/respected adult” figure at this stage in my life to a man with a lot of life baggage.

Welp. Guess it doesn't matter because I haven't heard from ya boy in three weeks now.

Thought about how dinner went and looked back over our last interaction (I texted to let him know I made it home safely) and I'm lost. Don't know what happened for real.

Not even two weeks into the new year and I've already been ghosted.

Hello, 2018.

Happy 2018 y'all! :wave:

Our engagement pics session was great! It was chilly tho, so we ended earlier than expected. We may use 1 for our receptionannouncements. We've nailed down a ceremony and reception date. And decided to just rent out an area in a restaurant for the reception. With just 30 people.

At first we were looking at venues, caterers, etc. But neither of us were interested in planning/ don't care about this stuff lol. At first we were gonna have extended family and friends, which was around 70-80 people. So I suggested let's reduce that even more and just go out to eat lol.

Everything is happening in April.

We went over his dads house yesterday to look at what his timeshare offers in Europe for our honeymoon. We got a few nice places to choose from. Can't remember them all right now, but 1 was Malaga, Spain? We're gonna choose this weekend.

I've recovered and I'm getting back out there in the dating world again.

I've got a date next Friday. I wasn't quite sure about him at first, but he is taking me to a very expensive restaurant in Central London, good start.

I'm already regretting it, he just text me to say he wants pre drinks, dinner then drinks afterwards to take in the view; I'm not sure about all that...

Last edited:
My man is a professional musician. Just found out his band is performing with a major artist who happens to be BFF of my ex (who proposed to me twice). Just found out my ex is coming down for it. I just know this will be awkward.

DescriptiveBabyishBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

I've recovered and I'm getting back out there in the dating world again.

I've got a date next Friday. I wasn't quite sure about him at first, but he is taking me to a very expensive restaurant in Central London, good start.

I'm already regretting it, he just text me to say he wants pre drinks, dinner then drinks afterwards to take in the view; I'm not sure about all that...
That sounds exhausting for a first date.

Happy 2018 y'all! :wave:

Our engagement pics session was great! It was chilly tho, so we ended earlier than expected. We may use 1 for our receptionannouncements. We've nailed down a ceremony and reception date. And decided to just rent out an area in a restaurant for the reception. With just 30 people.

At first we were looking at venues, caterers, etc. But neither of us were interested in planning/ don't care about this stuff lol. At first we were gonna have extended family and friends, which was around 70-80 people. So I suggested let's reduce that even more and just go out to eat lol.

Everything is happening in April.

We went over his dads house yesterday to look at what his timeshare offers in Europe for our honeymoon. We got a few nice places to choose from. Can't remember them all right now, but 1 was Malaga, Spain? We're gonna choose this weekend.

Just now hearing about your engagement lady, congrats!!!

Back