**2015 Relationships & Dating Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think we're doing anything for v-day. i kinda want to just to be mushy and lame but on the other hand i dont want either of us spending money on trivial things. maybe i'll get some snazzy bedtime wear and call it a day. but then i'll to shave. ugh.:ohwell:

i dont think we're doing anything for v-day. i kinda want to just to be mushy and lame but on the other hand i dont want either of us spending money on trivial things. maybe i'll get some snazzy bedtime wear and call it a day. but then i'll to shave. ugh.:ohwell:

Same here. We had our V-day fun last night after work to avoid crowded restaurants and sub-par dining (rushed dining and less tasty food). The steaks were amazing and so were the drinks.

Might watch the games over the weekend, but im happy we had a blast ahead of the rush. I hear you bout shaving...it's a chore to keep up with, especially if, like me, you shave on Monday, and by Thursday hair has returned by at least 1/16th of an inch. Couldnt believe how fast that mess grows!!

Since i got a Schick lady trimmer/razor combo, it is a breeze. Cant do the waxing nor the lasers. As bad as my brows hurt and how red and inflamed my skin became when i used to get my brows waxed back in the day, i dare say I doubt I would be able to sit down after a Brazilian. I shudder to think...:lachen:

Last edited:
Over 6 months. I'm glad I ended up getting him a gift because he booked a suite for the weekend and I'm sure dinner will be expensive. I told him he's doing enough and to not get me an actual gift.

I can identify. I dont want anything...he works very hard and we go out regularly for dinner, drinks, and suites. So this time i took care of the steak dinner, bar tab, and after party.

He doesnt know i got a gift, but i will wait til the last min Friday to give it so he does not have time to get me anything in return. I have enough stuff as it is, he always insists on paying, and apparently in all the past long-term relationships, all he did was provide and all the women did was TAKE. He was floored to have a woman treat him. We havent even been rockin' that long, but I told him in a lot of ways I am a different breed. I have no idea whether he has secret plans for us for the weekend. Either way we had a great time for a Tuesday night!

Last edited:
We went furniture shopping last weekend. And we're picking out colors for the living and dining room on Friday. We get the keys next Friday. Having people paint that Friday and Saturday. And furniture (and us) will be moved in Sunday.

Living with him is fun so far. He cooks everything! I've had breakfast everyday since moving in! And he's cooked dinner most nights, other times we'll grab something. I've done laundry. He warms my car up in the morning. This is great! Lol I can't wait to move into the proper apartment next weekend!

Have fun and enjoy it! We've been looking here. He owns a house in a nearby city but works in the city I reside in. We already decided that after a short while of having a rental house here I will relocate to where he lives.

Picked up some 100% cranberry juice yesterday :look: :lol:

Yass hontey. That cranberry is the truf, :lol: along with lemons/lemon juice in water, lol. Lemon water is good for overall health. But um yeah, Ive been doing the same after an upset in pH balance caused by laundry detergent.

Today was an interesting day. My SO asked me to move in with him and my ex made me his wcw...

Never missed the water to the well runs dry.

Went out to dinner with his dad and sister tonight. I love that his family includes me even when FH isn't around. How do get so lucky to not only find a great man but one with an awesome family as well?

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

First time being single on Valentines in over 6 yrs.
I'll spend the entire day working on a grad school project.

Thought this would be difficult, but I'm hopeful that it won't be.

I still have to get his Valentine's day present before the big day arrives. I am such a procrastinator! I had the hardest time thinking of something to get him and finally I broke down and asked. He told me he wants a self-help book--I choose the book. Under $20 present for the win, lol! Excited to see what he is getting me. :yep:

I'm going to see the vagina monologues by myself for vday. A few different renditions at a few schools.

I figured out what to get the bougie, picky man that is within my budget! I hope he loves it as much as I think he will.

I got my vday Brazilian today. I was discussing waxing with my coworkers and I can't believe it's so uncommon. Brazilians are a game changer!

I don't think I want to go out for vday.

Get this, ladies... NY is already very very busy every Valentines day, but THIS YEAR? Tuh...

First of all, it's on a Saturday... secondly, it's during a holiday weekend... and lastly... the freakin NBA All Star game and events are in NYC this weekend!

It's going to be CRAZY every freaking where in this city. Even McDonald's is probably BOOKED :lol:

So... I think maybe we'll go to the Met museum during the day and then I'll make us a nice romantic dinner at home that night.

I guess we'll have to save a night of romantic dancing for next week when every lounge in NYC isn't packed with imported groupies and scrubs. This week, we'll dance in the living room :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think I want to go out for vday.

Get this, ladies... NY is already very very busy every Valentines day, but THIS YEAR? Tuh...

First of all, it's on a Saturday... secondly, it's during a holiday weekend... and lastly... the freakin NBA All Star game and events are in NYC this weekend!

It's going to be CRAZY every freaking where in this city. Even McDonald's is probably BOOKED :lol:

So... I think maybe we'll go to the Met museum during the day and then I'll make us a nice romantic dinner at home that night.

I guess we'll have to save a night of romantic dancing for next week when every lounge in NYC isn't packed with imported groupies and scrubs. This week, we'll dance in the living room :lol:

You forgot the fact that it's going to be like antartica cold. Coldest expected weather since the 1800s? WTH chill

Btw where can I get a dress that makes him go "damn" but not freeze? I'm thinking long sleeve but skintight and showing off some cleavage

You forgot the fact that it's going to be like antartica cold. Coldest expected weather since the 1800s? WTH chill

Ugh... I didn't even check the weather. Maybe we'll have to trade our daytime activity for one of our beloved Lazy Lock-ins. :lol:

That's where we wear pjs, lounge around, eat snacks, watch movies, play board games, and color all day :lol: No phones or internet allowed.

Geeeesh. So I ran my brilliant v-day plan by SO & it turns out he already made plans.

Usually, we just go with the flow for vday. Last year, our favorite restaurant had a 2 hour wait for a table. We didn't want to wait, so we just left went to a restaurant nearby.

This time he called at the beginning of the year to make reservations.

I asked him when he was going to tell me that he made plans and he said "heyy, I could say the same. You JUST told me about your plan." And I said "Touche... I also just made my plan" :lol:

He said he was going to be to suggest the restaurant and then tell me about the reservation after I told him there's no way we would get in lol.

I really don't want to be out this weekend :ohwell: ... but i think it's sweet that he made the reservation, I looove this restaurant, and if I'm being honest, I'm kinda looking forward to getting dolled up.

The Lazy Lock-in is still on for half of the day, so at least there's that :)

Last edited:
Ugh... I didn't even check the weather. Maybe we'll have to trade our daytime activity for one of our beloved Lazy Lock-ins. :lol: That's where we wear pjs, lounge around, eat snacks, watch movies, play board games, and color all day :lol: No phones or internet allowed.

It's FREEZING today and the guy I've been dating wants to get dinner tonight. No talk of v-day which is fine with me :look:

For tomorrow, I'll prob just grab drinks with the rest of my awesome but single friends :lol:

It's FREEZING today and the guy I've been dating wants to get dinner tonight. No talk of v-day which is fine with me :look:

For tomorrow, I'll prob just grab drinks with the rest of my awesome but single friends :lol:

Dinner the night before vday....mmmm...he is avoiding the subject lol

Ok this is kinda off topic but I don't know where else to post.

I had a dream last night that my older sister was adopted. She was really upset.

I was lowkey happy about it because it explained why she was so mean and evil and different from my other sister and I.

Our relationship is better now than it's ever been and I love her...but a conversation we had yesterday brought back all of the negative emotions I had toward how she treated me when we were young.

Ok back on topic.

This man woke up this morning, kissed me and said happy Valentine's Day. I said it back and then asked "now where's my gift" lol

I gave him his last night. In the past 2 years I have known him I have never got him a gift but he gets me gifts allll the time. He chuckles, gets up and I hear him rummaging around.

Now he is in the shower. If the gift is some dack...he is getting chopped i in the throat. I told him that he's not allowed to do anything that he can't keep up...give me my gift.

Will report back to post funeral date.

The day started well but didn't end well. I wish he planned something and could make a decision without me.

I feel like starting some mess with this guy I've been on/off for over two years. No text-no call- no nothin all day.. Which says all it needs to say. So I will just simply block his number and go on with my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back