**2015 Relationships & Dating Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out why his dad is starting to get involved in our relationship now that we are getting more serious. All of these threads about parents ruining relationships are unsettling. Things are going great and I don't want to see things go south because of that.

March is off to a punk arse start. It's snowing like crazy and it's freezing outside.

SO is helping his brother move. My friends refuse to leave their homes. My friend who lives in our building is away visiting her Mom.

I'm stuck at home going stir crazy. :spinning:

There's only so much HBO and netflix that a girl can take lol. My building has a gym and now would probably be a good time to go... but naaah. :lol: Actually, maybe I will. I have unused energy to burn. I'll see.

For now... I guess I'll reorganize my kitchen cabinets lol.

Oh no! I've enjoyed reading your updates. Are you guys still together and working things out?

Yes we are still together and stronger than ever. I just got news I will be moving to Chicago in August and he will have to stay here for a year before he can move. This is a lot to handle because we are so close and have established a routine in each other's lives. We will make it work but a Long Distance Relationship is not what I initially had in mind but we love each other so it's all good.

Last edited:
So I think my dad likes him more than my mom does lol. My dad's always super happy when he asks about him. My mom is kinda like whatever :lol:

I really want to plan a little weekend get away to Chicago for FH and I.. he's all about saving money for the wedding and for the downpayment on our first house. I'm all about that too, definitely. But I feel like we've both been a bit stressed, and the wedding isn't until October, so a nice little weekend at Sybaris wouldn't hurt. We shall see....

He wrote the sweetest thing in a card that he got for me. It said, "I wake up every single morning just to see your face, and to fully take in the fact that you're mine." :love: I wanna hump his leg. :lol:

Im comfortable being in the singles thread but I slipped and fell into a relationship somehow. I'm moving soon so I guess enjoy the next few months.

Gotta start limiting my time with you...tired of you seeing me when you want and inviting yourself over. You're the one who's not ready to get married and didn't want to live together. I will never date exclusively date someone again if their intention is not marriage and marriage ready. I must admit I wasn't ready then but I know what I want now.

Gotta start limiting my time with you...tired of you seeing me when you want and inviting yourself over. You're the one who's not ready to get married and didn't want to live together. I will never date exclusively date someone again if their intention is not marriage and marriage ready. I must admit I wasn't ready then but I know what I want now.

((Hugs))
I feel you.

Maaaaan this is the ****in life! :lol: we're snowed in, in our place. Fireplace going, candles lit. Laying around listening to miles davis and John Coltrane on our new surround sound. He baked cookies! Caught up on empire. Shondaland thursday. I'm bout to dc my hair. This is what life is all about :lol:

Oh and it's my birthday! A very happy 25th, I must say lol.

Hello ladies,
Do you talk to your guy about your short comings or areas you'd like to grow in?
I'm going through a tough time at work and it is partially affecting my relationship.
He wants me to open up but I'm afraid to tell someone who thinks I'm awesome that others think I'm not so great (and this could apply in other areas I'm sure)? Would this be a 'don't' in the WMLB? By no means am I a complainer but I'd like for him to be a good friend which might require that I share vulnerabilities or expose myself a bit.

Do you encourage/support having a heart to heart or should this personal struggle be a conversation shared with friends or you :)

^^ I definitely do. I was hesitant to share things like that too but he's still my number one fan.

I will add that I didn't start opening up on that level until he did. But I'm just the type of person that doesn't like opening up to anyone.

^^ I definitely do. I was hesitant to share things like that too but he's still my number one fan. I will add that I didn't start opening up on that level until he did. But I'm just the type of person that doesn't like opening up to anyone.

Thank you for sharing that. Anyone else has an opinion on this?

Last edited:
Kinda depends on how long you've known someone, the type of person they are and also how you present it.

I don't share things like that with people I'm not very comfortable with. It takes me a while to be comfortable with someone.

Thank you for sharing that. Anyone else has an opinion on this?

Sounds like your SO wants to know you fully and connect on a deeper level. Sharing this when he's open and wanting to support you would take you to a even more intimate place.

Now I don't feel like its good to be spilling all sorts of thing and insecurities in the early dating phase though:look:. If you're in a relationship though and he loves you then let him comfort you :yep: That doesn't mean you need to be talking about it every two seconds, but if he asks hes receptive. Don't need to go into loads of detail either.

The problem is often times we blow things up in our heads and make it bigger than it really. Usually by the time you tell them its like "is that all" lol.

Problems at work.. I know so many people who are either going through it, have been through it or know someone else who is. Very common. I don't think he'll judge you for issues with colleagues.

Last edited:
i got my belly button pierced on a whim the other day and sent him a pic (nothing naughty, just a pic of my stomach) while he was at work. why did this fool come home early and want to bone?:rofl: it is not that serious.

I'm single.

He doesn't like the fact that I have kids even though he has 9 year old twins!

Going to create an online dating profile........

I'm single.

He doesn't like the fact that I have kids even though he has 9 year old twins!

Going to create an online dating profile........

Awwww I am sorry. So it was just him. ..you still want to be in a relationship just not with him right?

Awwww I am sorry. So it was just him. ..you still want to be in a relationship just not with him right?

There were other issues that I didn't like about him at all. I'm the type of person that hangs onto something even though I don't want to be with them...like I'm waiting for the right time to quit or hoping they will change. Of course they don't. He knew I pretty much couldn't stand him being around :ohwell:.

We used to go out lots and I kind of made the kids an excuse because I have plenty of people willing to babysit. However, the words came out of his mouth that he didn't want kids to feature in a relationship - you fool - you got young kids - but then he rarely saw them anyway. Before we met he hadn't seen them for 5 months. I persuaded him to see them. He said he just wants to party and go out and have fun. This 44 year old idiot.

He lacked conversational skills, had no common sense, lived on WhatsApp and text me a running commentary of his life, including pictures of his breakfast, lunch and dinner, the train station, his office, his kitchen and what he was making, the shirt he was thinking of buying.....you name it my phone was buzzing...... and was very insensitive.

4 months of all this.

I feel free now that he's not officially around.

Yep, I want to be in a relationship and my online profile already has a few messages!! I like to jump straight back into the saddle :yep:

We used to go out lots and I kind of made the kids an excuse because I have plenty of people willing to babysit. However, the words came out of his mouth that he didn't want kids to feature in a relationship - you fool - you got young kids - but then he rarely saw them anyway. Before we met he hadn't seen them for 5 months. I persuaded him to see them. He said he just wants to party and go out and have fun. This 44 year old idiot.

I'm surprised this didn't put you all the way off. He should be ashamed. :nono:

Our dining room table and my desk arrived today. We assembled them. We're just gonna take out all the trash/boxes tomorrow lol. And put up the curtains and mirror tomorrow. And we pick up our end tables on Tuesday. And I want to buy an ottoman. Fun times ahead lol.

I can't wait to have sex on all this furniture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back