**2015 Relationships & Dating Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are about to throw down! I made short ribs and Swiss chard and he made mac n cheese. Yesssss.....

We went out with friend couple of his. Young married black couple. They have a 1 yr old who they brought with them. She's the cutest thing ever.

Anyway, we're at a restaurant. Having a good time. This was the first time I met them. Really nice, normal people #blacklove lol

Idk how the topic or whatever came up. Oh, we were discussing vacations. The wife was like yea, well DH can't go to Brazil. DH was like yeaaaa, I love Brazilian women :blah: Brazilian women this that the third. SO is laughing uncomfortably, the wife is holding the baby looking perturbed. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting there in my head like noooooooo I liked youuuuu! I thought you were cool, man! First of all youre making your wife visibly upset, 2nd you cooning in front of your black daughter, 3rd you cooning in front of white people (my SO)!

So that happened. Thennnnnn cut to today, I'm in the lunch room at work and I overhear these 2 older black women vibing over how their husbands love white women! Just in there laughing about it, bonding over that ****. Am I in the damn twilight zone right now?

There were other issues that I didn't like about him at all. I'm the type of person that hangs onto something even though I don't want to be with them...like I'm waiting for the right time to quit or hoping they will change. Of course they don't. He knew I pretty much couldn't stand him being around :ohwell:.

We used to go out lots and I kind of made the kids an excuse because I have plenty of people willing to babysit. However, the words came out of his mouth that he didn't want kids to feature in a relationship - you fool - you got young kids - but then he rarely saw them anyway. Before we met he hadn't seen them for 5 months. I persuaded him to see them. He said he just wants to party and go out and have fun. This 44 year old idiot.

He lacked conversational skills, had no common sense, lived on WhatsApp and text me a running commentary of his life, including pictures of his breakfast, lunch and dinner, the train station, his office, his kitchen and what he was making, the shirt he was thinking of buying.....you name it my phone was buzzing...... and was very insensitive.

4 months of all this.

I feel free now that he's not officially around.

Yep, I want to be in a relationship and my online profile already has a few messages!! I like to jump straight back into the saddle :yep:

Sorry but you should have ran then.

Like I've said before, as much as I don't love dating men with kids, one thing I will NOT do is take up with a deadbeat.

Last edited:
I am convinced all great relationships need to be a threesome...GOD....Him...You! This has been proven through my relationship time and time again. Our spirituality plays a big role in dealing with things in our relationship. As my relationship with God gets stronger so does my relationship with SO. I love that he prioritizes spirituality just as much as I do.

We went out with friend couple of his. Young married black couple. They have a 1 yr old who they brought with them. She's the cutest thing ever. Anyway, we're at a restaurant. Having a good time. This was the first time I met them. Really nice, normal people #blacklove lol Idk how the topic or whatever came up. Oh, we were discussing vacations. The wife was like yea, well DH can't go to Brazil. DH was like yeaaaa, I love Brazilian women :blah: Brazilian women this that the third. SO is laughing uncomfortably, the wife is holding the baby looking perturbed. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting there in my head like noooooooo I liked youuuuu! I thought you were cool, man! First of all youre making your wife visibly upset, 2nd you cooning in front of your black daughter, 3rd you cooning in front of white people (my SO)! So that happened. Thennnnnn cut to today, I'm in the lunch room at work and I overhear these 2 older black women vibing over how their husbands love white women! Just in there laughing about it, bonding over that ****. Am I in the damn twilight zone right now?

He's an idiot. Brazil has the largest black population outside of Africa.

It really warms my heart to watch my SO go in on my food. This niqqa gulped down dinner last night and gave me props :lol:.

We go to the gym together daily but we each do our own thing because we have different fitness goals. Something is so sexy about seeing him across the gym pumping iron and so focused knowing he is all mine. I see him watching me too at times when I doing my thing. I love it, motivates me even more. Yesterday I was walking by and he tapped me on my booty, it was too cute to have that flirtation and sparks then go home together.

creeping on facebook and saw my ex who was super pressed to get married is engaged to some basic white broad. im sure he's proposed to several women since we split up. when i say pressed i mean it. anyway, this fool was just trying to get me to send him pics not too long ago.:rofl:

as much as i dont care about bm/ww relationships i have to admit im annoyed cuz this guy is loaded. he should be spoiling a black woman.

We go to the gym together daily but we each do our own thing because we have different fitness goals. Something is so sexy about seeing him across the gym pumping iron and so focused knowing he is all mine. I see him watching me too at times when I doing my thing. I love it, motivates me even more. Yesterday I was walking by and he tapped me on my booty, it was too cute to have that flirtation and sparks then go home together.

Relationship Goal lol

It really warms my heart to watch my SO go in on my food. This niqqa gulped down dinner last night and gave me props :lol:.

I know exactly what you mean. I do a little victory dance in my head whenever SO goes back for seconds.

I definitely hyped up my cooking before we got serious. I used to never cook now I cook all the time :lol:

All these marriage discussions on lhcf + my personal beliefs = it may not be for me.
What are the benefits again? What are the benefits that I cannot achieve without the special paper?

I know exactly what you mean. I do a little victory dance in my head whenever SO goes back for seconds.

I definitely hyped up my cooking before we got serious. I used to never cook now I cook all the time :lol:

:giggle:... same here! It really warms my heart lol !!!!

All these marriage discussions on lhcf + my personal beliefs = it may not be for me.
What are the benefits again? What are the benefits that I cannot achieve without the special paper?

I know exactly what you mean! I have had these similar thoughts sporadically over the years. I am divorced and I got married young trying to do things the right way according to my spirituality and morals I was raised on. After being married, divorced, dating and now in a relationship the notion of marriage is not as important and appealing as it once was. Yes I can love someone and be committed and still be happy without the certificate. We are groomed to think of marriage as the holy grail and ultimate goal but I have learned to be happy amongst the journey to the alter not just assuming once I get it, smooth sailing will commence. #lies

I was doing my hair and I asked the guy how I should style my hair this week. I expected him to say idk and keep it moving. Instead he told me to "do them curls" referring to my flat twist out.

Apparently he likes that particular style.

*I know this has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was cute*

I love planning trips with SO when he takes a ride on my spontaneous train. Big island, Hawaii for spring break then Vegas for his birthday during memorial day weekend and he just got us Kevin Hart tickets and a VIP cabana by the pool!

Boyyyyy!!!! Stop stealing my new Chapstick! Had a brand new one on the table and he stole it. :lol: *makes note to buy in bulk*. I guess if that's my only complaint, we're doing alright.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

^^^:lol: My dude took my headphones this morning.

Me: Did you take my headphones this morning?

Him: I took the ones on the bedside drawer. I thought they were mine.:look:

Me: Nope. Those are my ones. I left them there last night after I asked you to use yours and you said you didn't know where yours were.
-_____-

Him: Well, where are mine then?:perplexed

Me: How would I know?:rolleyes:

On another note, I actually don't like the term 'fiance'. I just think it sounds pretentious.

On another note, I actually don't like the term 'fiance'. I just think it sounds pretentious.

i hate it. when i hear someone using the term i assume they've been "engaged" for 5-6 years and have no wedding date in sight.:lol:

He's been Skyping me at work during my planning. It makes me so happy to see his face and it gives me something to look forward to during the day.

I feel you all. SO is always stealing MY phone charger that I place near MY side if the bed so that I can conveniently charge MY phone before I go to sleep.

I get so heated when I get all comfy in bed only to find that my phone charger is missing. :lol:

First date got postponed. He travels for work and his job is keeping him out of state over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back