***2013 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

Ok. So Im easily making my 70 ounces for thr day. But whats weird is once I reach it, I'm craving more water.

Could I really have been that dehydrated???

ManeStreet, that was me yesterday. I had 80 oz during the day. Around 7 pm I was so thirsty and could not get enough water. I had to just stop drinking. I had about 112 oz yesterday.

2.2L today. I ddnt work out so I'm good.

Quick question @NJoy does coconut water count?

Coconut water is extremely hydrating. As long as it's unsweetened, you can technically count coconut water but be careful with that. Coconut water is not a low calorie drink. It's up to you whether you include it in your water goals but, I'd include it but not use it as a substantial substitute for the water needed. But again, this is your challenge and up to you, dahling. (I LOVE Naked brand coconut water, btw. :lick:)

I'm bummed. Everyone seems to be doing so well and I'm slacking. Just can't seem to get my 64 oz/day in. Can I count tea and coffee if I add sweetener or does it have to be plain? Started out the day with 24 oz so we'll see how it goes.

Don't compare yourself to anyone else cynd. The challenge is for YOU to do better than YOU were doing. If that's happening, congrats! You're doing it! If not, today's a new day to do better. Just intend to do better than yesterday until you reach your goal. And, don't kick yourself. Come in and celebrate EVERY achievement, big or small or state a positive intention for the next day. We're here to support you moving toward, reaching and maintaining your goal. Crawl, walk, then run. You'll get there.

As for tea and coffee, I wouldn't count it towards your goal if you add sweeteners because the sweetners dehydrate. That's working against your goal. I'm not saying you can't have 'em. Just don't count them towards your goal. 'k?

Looking forward to your end of the day report. 24 oz already is an amazing start! Congrats! You're doing it, girl! :drunk:

@cynd what I did was got a 40oz tea pot that I have at work...I put moringa powder and rosepetals in the mesh canister (for steeping) and fill the pot with hot water (no sugar/sweetner). I go through that pot rather quickly because I want it relatively warm. Since getting that pot it's become a whole lot easier...a whole lot!!

I then have a glass of plain water with lunch and with dinner.

@cynd what I did was got a 40oz tea pot that I have at work...I put moringa powder and rosepetals in the mesh canister (for steeping) and fill the pot with hot water (no sugar/sweetner). I go through that pot rather quickly because I want it relatively warm. Since getting that pot it's become a whole lot easier...a whole lot!!

I then have a glass of plain water with lunch and with dinner.

Hmmm. Never tried tea w/o sweetening it before. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks nixo8!

I finally did it! 70 oz. Woo hoo! Thanks for the encouragement NJoy and Nix08. I can almost feel the hair growing from my scalp and the excess fat melting off my hips.

Im getting down at at least 3- 16.9 oz (about 50oz) water bottles daily, including a 8-10 oz Vibrant health green drink. not at my goal yet, but I'm doing better then before.. I will update when I get to that 64oz mark. ;)

Oh man I've been slacking the past two days, been distracted by some stressful events, but now is the time I need to stay hydrated....someone crack the whip please...:(

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I might as well join this challenge. Every time I see this thread, I am always reminded to drink a huge glass of water. I also drink oolong, green, roobis and cerasee tea everyday. I found a yummy brand of 100% Coconut juice with pulp :grin:.

Last edited:
Oh, you just showing out. Go, girl! :spinning: What's your strategy?

Thanks NJoy! I try to drink as many 33 oz cups of room temperature water as I possible can before 5:00 p.m. Some days are definitely better than others but hopefully I will be able to consume between 5-6 33 oz. cups of water daily.

Last edited:
Oh man I've been slacking the past two days, been distracted by some stressful events, but now is the time I need to stay hydrated....someone crack the whip please...:(

MicheePrings

I hope those stressful events are behind you now. :needhug:

But, since you asked.... :whip: How many ounces have you been getting in? And how many did you get in today? I'm looking for improvement. Cough up the numbers, Lady. Oh, and there's still a few minutes left to get another glass in, ya know?

MicheePrings

I hope those stressful events are behind you now. :needhug:

But, since you asked.... :whip: How many ounces have you been getting in? And how many did you get in today? I'm looking for improvement. Cough up the numbers, Lady. Oh, and there's still a few minutes left to get another glass in, ya know?

I've only been getting in 30 oz each for Wednesday and today. My goal is 64oz/day. I just had an 8oz cup of green tea (no sugar), but I'm still feeling thirsty. The stress isn't behind me yet but I'm a trooper. I'm gonna start fresh in the morning and get back on track. Thanks hun

I've only been getting in 30 oz each for Wednesday and today. My goal is 64oz/day. I just had an 8oz cup of green tea (no sugar), but I'm still feeling thirsty. The stress isn't behind me yet but I'm a trooper. I'm gonna start fresh in the morning and get back on track. Thanks hun

Praying strength and peace your way, Sis. You definitely need proper hydration. Drink in health and wash away the effects of stress. You'll be fine when all is said and done.

40oz down....(that's a brew of moringa and rose petals). Will do pure water with lunch and dinner. My treat for having my 40oz, is a cup of coffee...going to get that now:grin:

Back