2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Praising the Lord for healing. I was having carpal tunnel/tendonitis symptoms in both wrists and arms, but especially the left. It started feeling like possible nerve damage. I thought my piano playing was possibly over. I made the request to the church, then at prayer group they laid on hands, and one woman identified exactly the spot where it hurt the most, prayed over it. Later that evening, there was a gentle "pop" and all the pain dissipated. Everything is right as rain today--no issues at all--even though these symptoms really started years ago. :pray:

Praising the Lord for healing. I was having carpal tunnel/tendonitis symptoms in both wrists and arms, but especially the left. It started feeling like possible nerve damage. I thought my piano playing was possibly over. I made the request to the church, then at prayer group they laid on hands, and one woman identified exactly the spot where it hurt the most, prayed over it. Later that evening, there was a gentle "pop" and all the pain dissipated. Everything is right as rain today--no issues at all--even though these symptoms really started years ago. :pray:

Wonderful Jesus! I am really happy for you!

nicola.kirwan

Hearing about the miracles of God brings me great joy, I am reminded that God is still in the miracle working business, now that may be small to some but that a big deal to you...and just think to God its a minute thing for Him to do, He's able and willing to do more, much, much more.

0_logo2.gif

Last edited:
Day by Day (Daily Devotional)

So you shall put away the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 22:21b)

It is a dangerous and costly mistake not to take temptation seriously. The sad testimony of many who have succumbed to sin’s enticements is that they thought they were strong enough to remain in the midst of temptation and resist it. God requires that His people remove evil from their midst (Deut. 21:21). One way to do this is to remove anything in your environment that may tempt you to sin. When wickedness surrounds you, you are in danger of becoming anesthetized to its destructive potential. Never assume that you are immune to temptation. Do not underestimate the craftiness of the evil one.

God does not tolerate evil, for evil cost the death of His Son. Sin causes untold pain and destruction to everyone it touches. Treating evil lightly shows foolish disregard for God’s redemptive work. An honest evaluation of your life will reveal temptations that you should remove, such as some forms of entertainment or ungodly relationships. When God convicts you of evil in your midst, remove it immediately!

There are times, however, when you are powerless to remove ungodly influences, so you must remove yourself from the temptation. Paul urges us to avoid every kind of evil (1 Thess. 5:22). When Joseph was enticed to commit adultery by his master’s wife, he fled immediately! (Gen. 39:12).

Do not lose your abhorrence of sin. Be diligent to keep any form of temptation out of your home, out of your relationships, out of your mind. You can do this only by maintaining your love relationship with God, recognizing that you are powerless to resist temptation in your own strength. You will not be able to walk closely with God unless you see sin as He sees it. Darkness and light cannot coexist. Run from the darkness to the light!

1 Peter 5:8-10 KJV
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. [10] But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you .

Perfection comes after suffering. I have learned that many times the reason the Lord does not deliver us from difficult situations because he is trying to perfect something in us. I'm learning not to complain... Saints all over the world are going through equally difficult hardships. Praying for me and all saints. Thank you Jesus.

Last edited:
3 years ago my mother and I decided to build a house together. In that timespan our normally closeknit relationship has deteriorated into almost like strangers or roomates. My mother is in her 60s, me in my early 30s. We both have a personal relationship with God. But at this moment in time, I need prayer and guidance. She is terribly unhappy and I am terribly miserable. Having been widowed unexpectedly 10 years ago, her "retired" life is nothing like she pictured it (Miserable, Alone) and my own life just consists of work. I am trying to have a personal life but it's a work in progress. I don't clean as well as she does. I try. I don't cook as well as she does. I try. She berates, complains and nags about EVERYTHING. I have learned to do around-the-house handiwork, I clean and have a schedule. It's never enough. Today culminated in her screaming and yelling at me (I have learned to hold my tongue, not yell back) because my office space was "cluttered." I can't take any more.

I have not lived with a parent in decades (I left home at 15) but always maintained a good relationship with my mother (I guess from afar). She has had health challenges lately and needed my help and I'm glad I've been there for her. But she is totally unhappy. I am totally unhappy. We feel that (through prayer, supplication and discernment), God placed us here together for a reason ... but I feel a spirit of melancholy and divisiveness. I'm trying to pray my way out of it (that's all I know), I'm trying to shut my mouth (I can make things worse with the way I say things) but neither of us should feel like prisoners here. There isn't an alternative living situation at the moment. Please pray for us. Some days both of us feel as if we'd each rather be ANYWHERE but here. The only reprieve we get is that I travel for work a couple of times a month and even then, she calls all day and usually it's with complaints (something went wrong around the house, etc.) She doesn't know ANYONE in this town after 3 yrs and isn't interested in meeting new friends.

Thanks in advance for the prayers.

Sell her your part of the house and get your space. Praying for you. She's hurt and frustrated. You're equally frustrated. Praying for you 2.

Don't forget your testimonies and witnessing moments. You may draw back on them for encouragement, faith, and strength when the world seems so dark on the outside. WRITE THEM DOWN and keep them well.

Beloved, how do you see God today? Do you see Him as someone who constantly points out your faults and mistakes and condemns you for them? Nothing could be further from the truth. God is for you. He is not present to find fault with you, but He is always with you to guide you and make you a success in everything that you do. - Joseph Prince's exhortation of Isaiah 48:17:

"This is what The Lord says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go."

An ounce of Praise yields a pound of Victory ...

You can't believe for folks. I see one talking herself out of a job, then wondering why she doesn't get promoted or even considered for less than she deserves. The spoken word is powerful, especially when you believe it -- either way. If managment hear you saying "I can't" .."I won't"... they won't. When I think of this, it's no different from Father God hearing a heart produce faith-based words vs words void of faith. Thanking Father God today IN everything, IN advance. My observations of late on recent event. ... where is PinkPebbles? Time for a praise-a-thon, non? lol

Thank you Jesus... :)

Praise God, Nicola. Praising God for your miracle. This is so joyful to know how God has touched you with so much love. :yep:

I love this scripture so much

II Chronicles 16

9"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.

This right here tells me that He is seeking me out to help me, I love it!!!

I love this too... thank you Healthy Hair for sharing this blessing with us.

Really..... thank you, dear and precious sister. :love2:

You know, there is always times where you feel discouraged and things coming against you, but I don't know if I ever wanted to throw in the towel.
- Joel Osteen

3 years ago my mother and I decided to build a house together. In that timespan our normally closeknit relationship has deteriorated into almost like strangers or roomates. My mother is in her 60s, me in my early 30s. We both have a personal relationship with God. But at this moment in time, I need prayer and guidance. She is terribly unhappy and I am terribly miserable. Having been widowed unexpectedly 10 years ago, her "retired" life is nothing like she pictured it (Miserable, Alone) and my own life just consists of work. I am trying to have a personal life but it's a work in progress. I don't clean as well as she does. I try. I don't cook as well as she does. I try. She berates, complains and nags about EVERYTHING. I have learned to do around-the-house handiwork, I clean and have a schedule. It's never enough. Today culminated in her screaming and yelling at me (I have learned to hold my tongue, not yell back) because my office space was "cluttered." I can't take any more.

I have not lived with a parent in decades (I left home at 15) but always maintained a good relationship with my mother (I guess from afar). She has had health challenges lately and needed my help and I'm glad I've been there for her. But she is totally unhappy. I am totally unhappy. We feel that (through prayer, supplication and discernment), God placed us here together for a reason ... but I feel a spirit of melancholy and divisiveness. I'm trying to pray my way out of it (that's all I know), I'm trying to shut my mouth (I can make things worse with the way I say things) but neither of us should feel like prisoners here. There isn't an alternative living situation at the moment. Please pray for us. Some days both of us feel as if we'd each rather be ANYWHERE but here. The only reprieve we get is that I travel for work a couple of times a month and even then, she calls all day and usually it's with complaints (something went wrong around the house, etc.) She doesn't know ANYONE in this town after 3 yrs and isn't interested in meeting new friends.

Thanks in advance for the prayers.

@Ms Red

As long as you keep quiet, you can expect much of the same. It is not God's desire for his children to live in misery, the fullness of God can not operate in such surroundings.

Go before God in prayer and fasting and ask the Lord to give you the boldness and wisdom to approach your mom.

Re-post this in the prayer thread so others can pray for you and your mom, it sounds like she is bitter about some things, bitterness has stolen her joy and will separate you both from God.

Right now speak the word over your situation, the word of God says declare a thing and it shall be established and where the Spirit of God is there is liberty.

Praying for you Sis.

Last edited:
You know, I'm always glad when people (saved or not) are thankful to Almighty God. It's a powerful thing to witness, because it is Almighty God who causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and lets it rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

A deceased pastor always said that when people set evil plots against others and they fail. They in turn call those who aborted their evil plots and the ones it was aimed at--evil. He was a loving and forgiving person.

Some things that are good we never forget. Selah

Last edited:
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)

The Book of Ephesians describes the behavior that ought to characterize Christians as they relate to one another. Our actions ought to be permeated with kindness. Kindness is love expressed in practical ways; it is putting the needs of others before our own. It is intentionally considering ways to meet other people’s needs. Being tenderhearted means that we are keenly sensitive to the feelings of others. When a fellow Christian experiences sorrow, we grieve also (1 Cor. 12:26). When another believer is joyful, we, too, rejoice. Being tenderhearted means showing compassion toward those around us.

We show forgiveness because we, too, fall short of God’s ideal. Knowing that God has graciously saved us from destruction motivates us to forgive others when they offend us. Often we are less patient with our fellow Christians than we are with nonbelievers. We expect more of Christians, and we feel betrayed when they fail us. When this happens, we need to look closely at the cross and remember the forgiveness we received there. We must set aside the self-centered attitude that leads to impatience and criticism of others.

Jesus did not say that the world will know Him by our miracles, by our grand testimonies, or by our vast Bible knowledge. The world will know Him by the love that Christians show to one another (John 13:35). Are you constantly in conflict with others? Ask God to give you kindness, a tender heart, and a forgiving spirit. As you allow the Spirit to build these qualities into you, your life will be a blessing to others around you.

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)

The Book of Ephesians describes the behavior that ought to characterize Christians as they relate to one another. Our actions ought to be permeated with kindness. Kindness is love expressed in practical ways; it is putting the needs of others before our own. It is intentionally considering ways to meet other people’s needs. Being tenderhearted means that we are keenly sensitive to the feelings of others. When a fellow Christian experiences sorrow, we grieve also (1 Cor. 12:26). When another believer is joyful, we, too, rejoice. Being tenderhearted means showing compassion toward those around us.

We show forgiveness because we, too, fall short of God’s ideal. Knowing that God has graciously saved us from destruction motivates us to forgive others when they offend us. Often we are less patient with our fellow Christians than we are with nonbelievers. We expect more of Christians, and we feel betrayed when they fail us. When this happens, we need to look closely at the cross and remember the forgiveness we received there. We must set aside the self-centered attitude that leads to impatience and criticism of others.

Jesus did not say that the world will know Him by our miracles, by our grand testimonies, or by our vast Bible knowledge. The world will know Him by the love that Christians show to one another (John 13:35). Are you constantly in conflict with others? Ask God to give you kindness, a tender heart, and a forgiving spirit. As you allow the Spirit to build these qualities into you, your life will be a blessing to others around you.

I needed to read this today.

I learned something so valuable. No matter how much you pray, you can't change God's will. If what you're praying for is not within His will, you just have to accept the "no" and trust that God's plan is better.

COURAGE TO STAND ALONE

It was a morally dark night in Babylon - darker than your workplace, school, or community. King Belshazzar had willfully blasphemed God by desecrating the sacred goblets looted from the temple in Jerusalem. Now Babylon and Belshazzar were about to face God's judgement.

Yet in the midst of this gross darkness shone the light of a single witness - the prophet Daniel. Because of his reputation as a man with "the Spirit of the Holy Spirit of the Holy God" (Dan. 5:11), he was summoned to interpret the mystifying message on the wall.

Daniel could have softened God's warnings to give it a meaning the king and his court would rather hear. He could have omitted the part about judgement and death. But instead of muddling the message to please the king, Daniel remained true to God. Standing alone before Belshazzar and his drunken court, he boldly spoke the whole truth.

It took enormous courage for Daniel to do that, but the threat from an earthly king was nothing compared to his allegiance to the King of heaven. Daniel feared Belshazzar so little because he feared God so much.
When we share Daniel's heavenly perspective, we too will fing God gives us the courage to stand alone.

In need of strength, we melt into the crowd and find that strength grows more elusive still,
Our courage gone, we call upon the Lord and find our strength renewed to do His will.

When we know God stands with us, it doesn't matter who stands against us.

Scripture Text:There is a man in whom is the Spirit of the Holy God - Daniel 5:11

COURAGE TO STAND ALONE

It was a morally dark night in Babylon - darker than your workplace, school, or community. King Belshazzar had willfully blasphemed God by desecrating the sacred goblets looted from the temple in Jerusalem. Now Babylon and Belshazzar were about to face God's judgement.

Yet in the midst of this gross darkness shone the light of a single witness - the prophet Daniel. Because of his reputation as a man with "the Spirit of the Holy Spirit of the Holy God" (Dan. 5:11), he was summoned to interpret the mystifying message on the wall.

Daniel could have softened God's warnings to give it a meaning the king and his court would rather hear. He could have omitted the part about judgement and death. But instead of muddling the message to please the king, Daniel remained true to God. Standing alone before Belshazzar and his drunken court, he boldly spoke the whole truth.

It took enormous courage for Daniel to do that, but the threat from an earthly king was nothing compared to his allegiance to the King of heaven. Daniel feared Belshazzar so little because he feared God so much.
When we share Daniel's heavenly perspective, we too will fing God gives us the courage to stand alone.

In need of strength, we melt into the crowd and find that strength grows more elusive still,
Our courage gone, we call upon the Lord and find our strength renewed to do His will.

When we know God stands with us, it doesn't matter who stands against us.

Scripture Text:There is a man in whom is the Spirit of the Holy God - Daniel 5:11

My God....My God....My God.... :pray: :pray: :pray:

Healthy Hair.......... PLEASE Make This a Separate Thread so that I can ask the Mods to make this a Sticky. PLEASE....

This MUST be upfront and Center.

I'm sending a message to your home email to make sure you get this. This has to be a separate thread. As Christians more than ever before we must adhere to this message and remain faithful to the cause and to the Word of God of which He has called us to.

We need this...up front and center.

Thank you Love...

Shimmie :love3:

So nervous yet excited to embark on this spiritual journey. Hoping to bless many people on this mission trip and be one step closer to the Lord.

1 Peter 4:10
As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Back