2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

A good word that was shared with me:

If you are Christian, you are a part of the church. What if the whole church were just like you? What if everyone in the church prayed as often as you prayed? Would we be a praying church? What if everyone in the church evangelized as often as you evangelize? Would we be an evangelizing church? What if everyone in the church gave as faithfully from their finances as you give? Would we have a church that is resourced? What if everyone in the church were just like you? The church is made up of us. Every one of us makes a difference. We contribute either to the strength of the church or to the weakness of it. It is easy to point an accusing finger and say, "The church needs to do this. . . ." But here is the question: What about you? --from "Revival is Personal," article.

luthiengirlie...

Most dreams are given to us to 'prevent' what God is showing us in the dream. A warning and an appeal to pray for the persons we dream about.

Remember the dreams that Pharoah had and God gave the interpretation to Joseph about the 7 lean cows who came up from the Nile and began to swallow the fatter cows? (Refer to Genesis 41)

It was a warning of a famine in the land that would be soon approaching and to prepare for it. Which is what Joseph did. They began to store up the wheat, the corn, the water supplies so that there would be provision during the famine.

Pray for your mother that her faith will not fail. That she will begin to grow closer to the Lord and to believe Him and not be one of those who succomb to the 'mark' of a beast that we shall not honour, in Jesus' Name.

I cannot tell you how many times God has awaken me from sleep to 'pray' for my son because he was in 'trouble' and each time, God's rescue came on his behalf. Many, many times.

You see, God showed this to you about your mom and your brother ahead of time in order to prevent it from coming to pass. He hears your prayers; He knew you would listen to Him in this dream.

Never fear a dream. They are always a Gift from God, no matter how unnerving they may seem. He wants your mom to be covered in prayers that only you can pray for her to be 'saved', in Jesus' Name, Amen.

I set my heart in agreement for your prayers for your Mom and Brother, in Jesus' Name. Thanking God for the gift of knowing ahead of time. Amen.

:bighug:

:love::blowkiss: thank you PRAISING YHWH for his answer to prayers concerning this

Psalms 33

7 An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
20 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
22 Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee

Psalms 33

7 An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
20 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
22 Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee

Dearest Laela Rose...

Thank you :kiss:

I mean it... 'Thank you'.

You posted God's answer to a question that I just asked Him. I came in here at 'random'... purely random as I don't visit this thread as much. God lead me to His answer... not so random. Praise God.

Divine.

I was just going through something and had to read some scriptures/ I feel so energized now. I hope you feel better good night

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:3-5, ESV)

"Count it all joy… when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:2-4 & 12, ESV)

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, To them who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

http://www.jollynotes.com/bible-ver...etting-discouraged-overcoming-discouragement/

Shimmie... you're most welcomed! I'm glad to see it blessed you because I'd almost didn't post it. :grin: God is Good!

Dearest Laela Rose...

Thank you :kiss:

I mean it... 'Thank you'.

You posted God's answer to a question that I just asked Him. I came in here at 'random'... purely random as I don't visit this thread as much. God lead me to His answer... not so random. Praise God.

Thanks sweetvi. I was having a moment last night lol I'm still disappointed about how things are going right now but I had to make a decision: either be mad or trust that God has everything under control. I'm choosing to trust Him...I just hope this phase ends soon.

I so agree with this message... we truly are ONE BODY.

July 28
Ephesians 2:16
Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward was put to death. (New Living Translation)

It is quite fascinating the things we have the power to resurrect. Christ put the hostility between Jews and Gentiles to death. We were strangers and outcasts concerning the covenant of promise. Gentiles were not chosen to carry the oracles of God, but Gentiles were always intended to benefit from the goodness of God. The cross accomplished much more than we will ever know. When we refuse to get along, we have effectively raised from the dead, things that God put to death in Christ. When the kingdom finally arrives, there will only be one body of people. There will be no need for denominations, factions, or any other type of splinter group. There really is no need for denominations today. Distinct groups exist more for the comfort of man than for the glory of God. It is a shame that hostility keeps different groups apart. There are plenty of reasons to be hostile towards the schemes of the adversary. We don't really have the time, resources, or freedom to display hostility within the Body. Since God went through the trouble of killing something, what makes us think He wants us to give it life again?

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

One thing that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt (and I can not be convinced otherwise) is that God can do ANYTHING. He leaves no stone un-turned, He is not a 'halfway' God or an 'almost' God. Whatever he does is well done and complete.

To suggest that He partially heals, partially delivers or partially sets free, goes against His very nature, it's His desire to see us healthy, whole and complete in Him.

My son shared this Scripture with me today:

James 1:2-3 - The Message
Faith Under Pressure

2-4 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

1) It's such a blessing that my son is taking an interest in the Word after much encouragement Praise God. It's my fault that he wasn't brought up in the Word from day one. I am so grateful that he is now interested in studying.

2) This was just the Word I need to hear this morning :cry:

Acts 17
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Acts 17
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Glory to Jesus! It takes the Holy Spirit to shed light on the power of those verses.

“Is there any real purpose in being alive if all we are going to do is get up every day and live only for ourselves?
Live your life to help others. Give & live selflessly.”
Joyce Meyer

Random:

I believe sometimes you have to speak a word over your life. I'll never forget the times when I said a word and God moved on my behalf. I'll never forget. I stayed up for almost 3 days straight with no sleep after saying, "I can do all things through God who strengthens me" right before a long night (turned days) of moving. Just the other day, I prayed and thanked God for keeping me from dangers seen and unseen. Moments later, I slammed my brakes and avoided a collision where the other driver would have hit me, driver's side, had I not seen her run the stop sign. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that God's word is true and that He hears us. Sometimes, I moved to tears with all that HE has done for me.

Yes! ^^ I came in here to praise God for getting me to avoid a potentially bad situation. Thank God for guiding my footsteps.

Every day, a woman I know posts how many miles she ran. Every day, she'll post something like, "5 mile run" or "3 miles with baby girl". Nothing else. Just that one liner.

I should be so bold with my faith and post something like "prayed at noon" or "prayed after getting out of bed".

How much more would I stick to it if I held myself accountable by publicly professing it?!?!

^^ask Holy Spirit to check you and He does so you WILL be accountable, publishing it to the world will only leave you feeling condemned when you fall short.

I love this scripture so much

II Chronicles 16

9"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.

This right here tells me that He is seeking me out to help me, I love it!!!

Only God can open great big doors, when little doors close or slam in your face. Just remember, to really truly TRUST GOD in everything. When you think He's forgotten you because you didn't get what you desire (better), you'll discover that, all along, He was preparing you for Best. His desire for you is bigger than you can imagine!

This was posted at a church I went to last night.

Don't even know how to post it right side up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
This world we live in, especially the land of "freedom of expression", is so interesting sometimes...You're free to express anything you want except for faith (i.e. Jesus but everything else is okay). - Namie Bimba

I love being around Godly couples. Basically couples who follow God and their relationship is strong. They have such an aura and a calming effect on those around them. I love it!

No matter What, no matter How, Where or Who ~ you can almost ALWAYS turn around and get a SECOND chance. - Dawn Abraham

I had been praying this morning about something, just having a conversation with Him then I opened up my Bible and He confirmed something to me.:)

As Christians, we have much to celebrate - and not alone or just a few times a year! We're to meet regularly with others who follow Christ, to encourage one another in love and good works (Heb.10:24-25), and to celebrate the goodness of the Lord. The psalmist encouraged all people to recall "the works of God" and lift their voices together in praise to Him (Ps. 66:5-8).

Let's celebrate God's love and goodness with those who share our excitement. God's outpouring of His grace, mercy, and daily provision are just a few of the many reasons to rejoice!

Let us celebrate together;
Lift our voice in one accord,
Singing of God's grace and mercy
And the goodness of the Lord.

If you know Christ, you always have a reason to celebrate.

Scripture Text:- Psalm 66:1-2 "Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name".

Back