Would You Date A Married Man (under these conditions)

Would you date a married man?

• I have before.

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • I would if I felt chemistry with him.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I would if the cash was right.

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • I wouldn't but I'm not mad at those who would.

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • NEVER and anyone who would is dead wrong.

Votes: 141 74.6%

• Total voters
There will NEVER be a reason, good or justified to dating a married man.

He's back/forth between several women. aaah yeah he is...several. For he's being 'enabled' to do so by the women he's involved with. "They' are giving him the nod :yep: that's it's okay to have it his way. And trust it is 'HIS' way, for he will always do what's easiest for him. He has to do, for the stress of trying to please everyone will kill him.

Why would a woman be so desperate and think so little of herself to become a sloppy second, third, fourth, or fifth?

Why risk the diseases risked with multiple sex partners. Sooner or later a condom slips... and neither will it be desired much further into the relationship. There's always a time when one thinks, "....maybe this time won't matter." :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

There's nothing 'cute' about it when a woman does this. Please it makes her very unattractive. Neither is there anything manly about it. A man who cheats is less than a man.

And for the women who proclaim, it's only a game for them or that it doesn't matter, I question their character. For it is actually extremely selfish for any woman to have a relationship with another woman's husband (or boyfriend). I'd never trust nor place my friendship in the life of such a person. She's not trustworthy neither is she woman enough to respect other women who are trying to give their all to keep their families together.

Sad, just sad...:nono: Somethings are just not right and this is definitely one of them. :nono::nono::nono:

Absolutely agree!

Women who date married men are the scum of the earth!
AMEN!!!!! I think it is the most disgusting thing that a woman can do. Why dont we have respect for one another and realize that married men, are just that - and OFF LIMITS!!! Also, there is something to say for the man being unfaithful as well... if there werent willing ho's, there would be little opportunity to cheat, though.:nono:

Well, I am married.

But...

If I was single, and Denzel Washington wanted me and his wife didn't mind at all, heck yes I'd date him. :lachen:

being a wife Under what circumstances would a wife not care? None.......... cause she would!!

You can't speak for all the wives in the world. Different folks, different strokes. Some people have "arrangements."

Not that I am into that sort of things, but in a case involving Denzel, um, I'd seriously consider it. :lachen:

Would you dated a married man? If so, under what circumstances. For instance, consider these circumstances:
  • He is RICH and ready to spend serious cash on you and anything that makes you happy.
  • He is fine with you seeing another man (so you can have a relationship for your heart on the side while keeping Mr. Married Man for cash purposes).
  • His wife doesn't care so you don't have to worry about some heifer running up on you at work.
  • He is connected in your field and ready to help your career.
  • He is discreet so you don't have to worry about folks finding out that you're his side piece.
Which one(s) would make you willing to date a married man? You can state other reasons if you have them. So, would you? Why or why not?

I take it by use of the phrase 'side piece' you mean you're sexually involved with him...

Hmmmm... sexual favours in return for financial/career gain... sounds like the world's oldest profession to me! So for that reason... NO!
Under no circumstances would I get involved with a married man. If his marriage isn't working and he wants to pursue a relationship with me, then he better sort his divorce out and pray I'm still available when it comes though.

I wouldn't knowingly date a married man under any condition.

Me either. But I did get caught up in a situation that the guy didn't tell me he was in the process of getting a divorce. I still felt that he should not have gotten involved with me and been honest in the beginning. Let me be the judge of whether or not I want to go there. Don't tell me 4 months later after seeing you all the time.

well i mean if his wife didnt mind and i can see other ppl and he's helping me w. my career and rollin in dough then i dont c why not. i'm a strong believer in karma but.. if his wife doesnt care i dont c what bad karma i could have coming back to me. so... yea i would. no harm no foul right?

Honestly, I don't really see what's wrong with being the mistress here. I really don't see much difference between what the wife is doing and what the mistress is doing, except that the wife got there first and was able to legitimize herself. What type of man would live that type of life? Lots of them.

Also, if you accept that the man and woman are REALLY in a marriage of convenience, that I'm not sure what role karma has to play here. I'm thinking that this is neutral from a cosmic perspective.

Would I do it, I'm not sure. I've never been in that position. I think my fear would be getting into a mess, because I can't see myself sleeping with someone just for an apartment. I would probably develop deeper feelings, which would mess everything up. If random bystander told me that's how she made it, I would probably just accept that was her hustle and wouldn't think too much more about it.

I have dated my fair share of married individuals. I've been accused of acting like a man so it works for me. Im not a romantic, get annoyed with sentimental behavior and have zero tolerance for bullsh*t. I like space to do me, my way, and on my own time. Dating someone that its married or involved with someone else allows me to spend occasional time, hang out, possibly have good sex and at the end of the day be able to send someone home to someone else to deal with their baggage and problems so that I can have a peaceful night's rest at home alone on my 500 thread count satin sheets...

people get old and boring very quickly to me, the world is over-populated so everyone can be replaced

Last edited:
So is the main objection that he is married? Would this behavior be OK if he was single? I only ask, because it's strange that so many people think this scenario is so wrong, but in the gold digger threads, everyone seems to high-five the imaginery gold digger who may not be 'technically' that much different from a prostitute either. I mean, I've even seen book recommendations exchanged in those threads.

I have dated my fair share of married individuals. I've been accused of acting like a man so it works for me. Im not a romantic, get annoyed with sentimental behavior and have zero tolerance for bullsh*t. I like space to do me, my way, and on my own time. Dating someone that its married or involved with someone else allows me to spend occasional time, hang out, possibly have good sex and at the end of the day be able to send someone home to someone else to deal with their baggage and problems so that I can have a peaceful night's rest at home alone on my 500 thread count satin sheets...

people get old and boring very quickly to me, the world is over-populated so everyone can be replaced

....you're my idol :notworthy

Would you dated a married man? If so, under what circumstances. For instance, consider these circumstances:

• He is RICH and ready to spend serious cash on you and anything that makes you happy.
  • He is fine with you seeing another man (so you can have a relationship for your heart on the side while keeping Mr. Married Man for cash purposes).
  • His wife doesn't care so you don't have to worry about some heifer running up on you at work.
  • He is discreet so you don't have to worry about folks finding out that you're his side piece.

Which one(s) would make you willing to date a married man? You can state other reasons if you have them. So, would you? Why or why not?

If the situation is what you describe, where everything is on the table and all parties involved know the deal up front, I cannot honestly sit here and say that I would turn my nose up at the proposition, particularly if I was strongly physically attracted to dude.

Would carrying that out make me a hoe? Absolutely. Sometimes you just gotta call a spade a spade.

Am I a homewrecker? Nope. What happens within the confines of a marriage are determined by the people in it. If hubby and wife both give a thumbs up to the third party coming into their covenent then that is their right to do so.

Am I knowingly sinning in the eyes of G-d? Yep and there is no justification, but sometimes 'you' know stuff is wrong and do it anyway, so 'you' have to take responsibility for the repurcussions of your actions.

hmm... i didnt think of it as being a sin... however i dont think i'd be the one sinning since im not the one thats married. thats HIS load to carry.

If the situation is what you describe, where everything is on the table and all parties involved know the deal up front, I cannot honestly sit here and say that I would turn my nose up at the proposition, particularly if I was strongly physically attracted to dude.

Would carrying that out make me a hoe? Absolutely. Sometimes you just gotta call a spade a spade.

Am I a homewrecker? Nope. What happens within the confines of a marriage are determined by the people in it. If hubby and wife both give a thumbs up to the third party coming into their covenent then that is their right to do so.

Am I knowingly sinning in the eyes of G-d? Yep and there is no justification, but sometimes 'you' know stuff is wrong and do it anyway, so 'you' have to take responsibility for the repurcussions of your actions.

Are you a ho because he's married or are you a ho because of the whole set-up?

hmm... i didnt think of it as being a sin... however i dont think i'd be the one sinning since im not the one thats married. thats HIS load to carry.

In the situation, even if everybody agrees the woman outside the marriage is knowingly fornicating and coveting and acting on coveting her neighbors husband.

Are you a ho because he's married or are you a ho because of the whole set-up?

When 'you' are expressly exchanging money/favors for sex as described in the OP, you'se a hoe. The wrongness of sexing a married man is a separate ethical issue.

Now if you're talking about a threesome involving a married couple and a single woman that's all done for the sake of getting ones freak on, then that's not a transaction. I ain't saying it's right, I'm just saying nothing is being bought and sold.

In the situation, even if everybody agrees the woman outside the marriage is knowingly fornicating and coveting and acting on coveting her neighbors husband.

i agree with you..1000000000%...i am not in favor of anyone going after someone's husband. can't stress that enough.

but truth be told, the bible does not address women coveting a neighbor's husband. it specifically forbids a man from coveting his neighbor's wife. the legal eagle in me points it out because i am constantly told that when the writer of a principle/law knows a distinction, but doesn't write it, you should follow what is specifically mentioned and not generalize it to all applicable situations. again, not condoning it at all...but if someone could point me to the contrary in the bible, i would love to read the specific verse(s).

Last edited:
When 'you' are expressly exchanging money/favors for sex as described in the OP, you'se a hoe. The wrongness of sexing a married man is a separate ethical issue.

Now if you're talking about a threesome involving a married couple and a single woman that's all done for the sake of getting ones freak on, then that's not a transaction. I ain't saying it's right, I'm just saying nothing is being bought and sold.

This makes sense to me, and this is the reason why I think the wife is a ho too, since she just married him for his money and lifestyle. Quid pro quo can be dressed up in a millions ways, and IMO, she's just a ho with a retirement plan.

In this situation, I think everyone needs to get cited by the morality police, not just the mistress.

uhmmm...no, something doesn't sit right with me about that but hey to each her own. i know for a fact others have got through really well with a set up like this but it's not for me.

Umm, I would NOT date a married man.

And as a married woman, to the bolded, I am certain that is a line men give to single women to make them feel more comfortable. HE is saying she doesn't care but I'm sure she does.

Which one(s) would make you willing to date a married man? You can state other reasons if you have them. So, would you? Why or why not?[/quote]

Under no circumstances would I date a married man. I don't want to ever be responsible for making someone feel like sh*t, worthless, depressed, suicidal, full of rage, etc. I don't want to ever be the reason why a woman snapped and killed her man, kids, or family. I don't want to make someone miserable because I don't care to think about the consequences of my actions. There are to many single men for me to tear up a home and make babies suffer. Children shouldn't have to live like that and maybe there wouldn't be so many messed up adults out there if we started to think about others instead of just ourselves.

On another note :look: if one of the super hot celebrites that are married wanted to date and his wife was cool I probably would but she'd have to be game for an open relationship, not some secret I'm fooling myself, type of situation.

Barbie I am the same way and always have been, it was hard for me to find someone that accepts me this way but I never ever compromised my values to date a married or involved man just to keep stay 'un-attached'.

It doesn't mean that you have to willingly date married men. I think its a personal sacrifice of your morals and self-respect when you choose to do so. I'm amazed at the women that think for whatever reason, its OK to date men who are married or involved.

obviously a person's personal morals and values are relative, so to another it might not be that big of a deal but I think its a great point of self-reflection to see why a person might think this is acceptable.

I have been hit on by alot of married men before and its all very sad. When I would go out with my friends these guys would buy drinks and dinner and offer alot more all while telling us that they are married. One guy offered to help pay off my student loans. I'm talking men around my dads age (40's) with kids/house/vacation homes/careers.....it kinda makes me not even want to think of marriage at all. These men are willing to risk alot just to be with a younger girl. I find old men gross( actually most men when I come to think about it :lachen:). I just feel horrible for their wives because I'm sure some girl out there will say yes and not give two hits about their marriage.

Back