Would You Date a Man 20 years Older than You

Would You Date a Man 20 years Older than You?

• Yes

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 51 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No...that's pretty much an entire generational difference and I would never feel comfortable dating someone old enough to be my parent. I'd probably try to pass him off to my mom, although she'd probably say no as well.

I don't mind a few years difference, but due to my recent experiences, my age limit is 10 years older.

Another thing, what would you do when the physical ailments start coming down? I don't think some people really take the time to think about that aspect.

No...that's pretty much an entire generational difference and I would never feel comfortable dating someone old enough to be my parent. I'd probably try to pass him off to my mom, although she'd probably say no as well.

I don't mind a few years difference, but due to my recent experiences, my age limit is 10 years older.

Another thing, what would you do when the physical ailments start coming down? I don't think some people really take the time to think about that aspect.

I agree. Ten years older is my limit.

I dated someone 15 years older than me and it was a stretch. He would always say stuff like that's what is wrong with your generation. I hated it.

Dated almost that span, but not quite & would never do it again.

Too controlling (always trying to school me), too weird to be around a group almost my mom's age, & too unpleasant to think about us in the future.

That would almost make him 50. :perplexed He would have to be like Tyra's man for me to consider it. :yep: I've dated 20 years old before but that made the man almost 40. Ten years later, whatever dude I would date almost close to 50 would have to be a Jay-Z sort of man.

I guess my answer is yes, with major limits.

20 years older? I'm 23...what do I look like..what would he look like dating me me:rolleyes:...A damn fool! Besides, I have a daddy already...

Funny there should be a thread about this b/c I was watching The Girls Next Door, and I didn't know the one named Kendra is 22..I don't care how rich Hef is...ain't NO WAY!

Dated almost that span, but not quite & would never do it again.

Too controlling (always trying to school me), too weird to be around a group almost my mom's age, & too unpleasant to think about us in the future.

DITTO! although he was 23+ few years under my parents...i did have some fun times

That would almost make him 50. :perplexed He would have to be like Tyra's man for me to consider it. :yep: I've dated 20 years old before but that made the man almost 40. Ten years later, whatever dude I would date almost close to 50 would have to be a Jay-Z sort of man.

I guess my answer is yes, with major limits.

Tyra has a man?

Yes, but it would really depend on the man. I've always had a thing for Richard Gere and he's my parents' age. But just any old 45-50 year old ain't happening.

wait, I must retract....Denzel is more than 20 years older my senior...I'll make an exception if he ever divorces:drunk:..lol..i just finished watching american gangster..that's one sexy old man

I have before never again. I was 21 and he claimed to be in his mid 30s. I found out this guy was in his early 40s and cheating on his wife. I do not trust older men period.

If I were single:
Yes...I'd DATE a man 20 years older but I wouldn't marry him.
I remember when I was 18 I dated a man that was around 35. It wasn't that weird. Except for when he started talking about me being the step-mom to his 3 year old and us getting married.:nono:

I would depending on the circumstances. As long as he understood he was my man not my father, we shouldn't have any issues.

I dunno..........It depends on how fione that man is to me or how desperate I am to be married like one of my relatives. Old man has one foot in the grave one foot out........:lachen:

i dated a man 25yrs my senior and it was a very good experience! he was a very classy guy and very intelligent. he really made me raised my standards of what i should expect from a man. we still keep in touch:grin:

I dated a gentleman 23 years older than me, I was 36 and he was 59. It was nice to be around a gentlemen who was very chivralous (sp), me likey.

No. That would make him only 2 years younger than my dad. I'm not looking for a second father. One is QUITE enough, thank you :look:

Although I can see myself with someone older, 20 sounds like a lot. Maybe if he looked young and we had things in common and I didn't know his age right off the bat. . .But to just seek out a guy that much older, probably not.

When I was 20, yes and I did.
Now that I'm over 30, I don't think so. 30's to 50's seem like to huge of a gap and I plan on having children.

i dated a man 25yrs my senior and it was a very good experience! he was a very classy guy and very intelligent. he really made me raised my standards of what i should expect from a man. we still keep in touch:grin:

Yep, I dated a guy 21 years older for 3 years and I had a very similar experience. We still talk often.

Back