Would you date a man 10yrs older than you?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 97 75.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • RUN CHILEEEEEEEEEE... RUN

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I was 24 I dated a guy that was 35. He told me by the end of the year he expected to marry me and have at least one kid..I :cowgirl:

I have and while I like the maturity it was hard to find/build an emotional connection although the intellectual connection was there.:perplexed We just weren't on the same page.:nono: My biggest problem is I don't plan on having kids until roughly 10 years from now (my early 30s.) Not so keen on my husband being in his 40s when that happens. I still wouldn't completely rule it out but I prefer someone closer to my age group.

i am silly and youthful. i wouldn't want a man in his mid 40's. i still like for my man to dress and behave in a youthful manner. plus i got a lot of energy..... i don't want no old arse man listening to steppin music all day, every day, wearing gators with jeans and dobb hats, etc.....

if i was to date an older man, he would need to be like Diddy or somebody...

10 years is kind of pushing it for me. And men 10 yrs + from me tend talk to me like I'm a precocious 5 year old. :rolleyes:

My range is 4 yrs younger to 8 years older, but I'm usually not veering farther than 2 years either direction.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
When you are young, ten years is a huge difference. When you are older, say 40-50-60, etc. the difference is not as great.

In my late forties, I dated a man in his 60s. He was absolutely the most handsome man I ever met. He was also well off and laid back. Except for the fact that he was a playa, I'd still be dating him. That was 8 years ago and he's still the most handsome man I've met.

^^^ :lol: Yes he was. I think he's calmed down a bit now. I saw him yesterday as a matter of fact. Still a handsome man; he has beautiful dark skin, light brown eyes that change color and beautiful silver hair. I'm telling you, he could be a model.

I'm 38. I've dated several men 10-12 years older than me within the last year. Only one was condescending but his general attitude was of arrogance and he spoke that way to EVERY woman.

Honestly, I've found the bull-s--- factor to be the same amongst my own age and older. There's not much difference these days. lol.

If they act up, set 'em straight or KIM. Pretty simple, really....

Yes, I'm married to one now but he's eight years older on paper:grin:
When comparing him to guys my age the only difference I notice is a decreased activity level on his part. He'd much rather sit and watch a movie than go swimming or hiking. As far as being condescending, yeah a lot are I won't lie. Maybe not condescending but they do tend to treat younger women like children. My dh is somewhat like that but at the end of the day I get what I want and that's all that matters:lol:

Last edited:
I'm currently dating a guy that's 10 years older than me.

While he treats me very well and we get along great (I'm a bit of an old soul), I wonder what makes a man attracted to a woman 10 years (or more) his junior? Is it a lack of maturity? Wanting to "mold" her into what he wants in life from a woman? Is he bad in bed?

Something about it just doesn't sit right with me, so I can't see this current guy and I becoming serious, ever.

Besides, this Mo-fo has 4 kids under the age of 10 with his ex wife. NO SIR, NOT ME!!

I've always preferred older men. The first guy I dated in college was almost 14 years older. It didn't work out bc I was planning in moving after school but it was a good relationship. My most recent ex was only a couple years older.

Current SO is just over 14 years older. I'm 28 and he's 42. We knew each other for a year before we started dating. He didn't know I was so much younger....thought I was early 30's! Things are great so far though. He's caring and thoughtful. We have similar interests and click where it counts. I can see a long future with him. He's my silver fox!

Sent from my iPhone. Excuse the typos!

Without a doubt! I never thought I would say yes to someone that much older, but dealing with these 30 somethings has got me :spinning:

I. He's caring and thoughtful. We have similar interests and click where it counts. I can see a long future with him. He's my silver fox!

You said your SO is Indian right? the silver fox comment reminded me of this Indian dude I used to see in Starbucks when I was studying for the GREs. Tall, salt and pepper hair and such an IMPECCABLE dresser. I used to just stare from behind my books :lol:

FelaShrine said:
You said your SO is Indian right? the silver fox comment reminded me of this Indian dude I used to see in Starbucks when I was studying for the GREs. Tall, salt and pepper hair and such an IMPECCABLE dresser. I used to just stare from behind my books :lol:

My ex is Indian. Current SO is a white silver fox!

He would pick me up and he would have this old stuff playing in his car like "this is the stuff right heah!" And I'd just be like :yep:, but I didn't really know what was playing.

This literally made me laugh out loud. You were so polite.

I made him go see the Hunger Games with me and he fell asleep in the middle, I think he thought it was childish.
You no like Katniss, you no put bow in my quiver. :naughty:

I married one that was 11 years older. I was 25 he was 36. We divorced. He was controlling, immature and childish. I think I was looking for a father figure.

Current SO is a year older. I like the fact that we can reference the same pop culture and other things.

I think in your twenties 10yrs makes a huge difference. After that, notsomuch. I'm in my twenties and I prefer to stay within 7yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back