Would you date a man 10yrs older than you?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 97 75.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • RUN CHILEEEEEEEEEE... RUN

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've never had an issue dating older men. In my 20's I dated a man 20 years older. :look: he was cute, I was curious but so was he:lol: My husband is in the age range I like; 10-12 years older.

-A

ChasingBliss said:
Nope I have never liked men that much older than me....or any younger than me for that matter. He'd always have to be either my age or 1 to 2 years older...maybe 3.

As a teen older men hit on me all the time and I thought it was disgusting. Maybe that jaded me. Dh is 1 yr older. I'm fine with that.

My limit use to be 2 years older that's it also

At this point in my life I would if we had the same goals in life (marriage, children, financial stability, etc.) It was a no-go when I was younger because the older men were either still single for a reason (lame!) or wanted to settle down too quickly when I wasn't hearing all that at the time.

Not quite 10 years, but I did date a man 9 years older. The difference was cultural--not current stuff, but when we'd talk about HS and college stuff. I used to joke with him that he was listening to Earth, Wind, and Fire when they were a house band in a college garage, LOL. Generally, I would prefer a man be no more than 2-3 years older, even now that I'm older. My DH is just about 2 years older than I am.

I have and I would again. He was exactly 10 years older than me, but I'm almost 30. I don't think I would have dated a 30 year old when I was 20. I enjoyed dating older than me and the age difference really wasn't an issue. He was much more "on my level" than guys my age.

My last boyfriend was sixteen years older than me. His oldest child and I were 4 years apart. I felt like we were on different paths. Plus I wanted to date someone who didnt look like they could be my father. Every guy I've dated has been older than me. Its not intentional thats just the way it works out. I think it stems from me wanting a strong father figure in my life.

My last boyfriend was sixteen years older than me. His oldest child and I were 4 years apart. I felt like we were on different paths. Plus I wanted to date someone who didnt look like they could be my father. Every guy I've dated has been older than me. Its not intentional thats just the way it works out. I think it stems from me wanting a strong father figure in my life.

I think that's way I've always gravitated towards older men too - at least it started after high school, and never knew why. Younger men (i.e. men my age) never appealed to me.

The older men I dated/had a relationship with were always very healthy, fit, and nothing like my father in looks (different race). I don't think I could ever have a relationship with a black man who's much older than I am for that reason, ironically enough. :perplexed

Well my SO is 15 yrs older im 26 and he is 40.we have a daughter together.i mean to me its based on a persons maturity level and chemistry. Sometime You would think im older because when we are driving in the car im the one asking to turn to the oldy goldie station and know every song amd he is asking me how old i am. Its connection connection connection!

I usually date people within my age group (20-24)

A friend of mine wants to hook me up with a guy who is 32. She's told me some wonderful things about him, but I've never dated someone that much older than me. I'm afraid he'll try and treat me like a kid or speak down to me.. no bueno :nono:

Can anyone share their experiences with me, plz.

TIA

I think that if a man meets the criteria that you are looking for in a realtionship and you are compatiable the less relevant that age difference will seem to you but if you are not compatible then your mind will start to make the association with age because it is the easiest assocaition to make. However I think age differences are more revelant in early adult years than it is later on. But who knows, you might like the guy, or you might not but it doesn't have to be because he is older than you.

I haven't... I'm not attracted to that age group. Yet somehow I've had the hots for some men in their 40s or 50s:look:
Would I? Maybe. He would have to be extra attractive, and young-looking... and established. Can't be dating up in age and be on the same wavelength mentally.
Actually, you know what? I would be very excited about dating someone that much older. It would be very interesting:yep: how can I make that happen?*plots*

I've sensed older men liking me since I was 12 years old. It was disgusting and thank God I was never molested. Because of that my husband will be no older than 5 years my senior if I can help it. Ive only dated one guy that was 10 years older than me and he was cute and did very well for himself. If I'm 30 and not married, then I'll give another dude 10 years older than me a chance. I'm 26 and don't see myself doing that now. Also my dad is only 3 years older than my mom.

Last edited:
This is what my mom is telling me now, but I just don't see it at the moment.

Take a step back and analyze your relationship with your father. If it's non existent or your dad was passive, you may be looking to get that from a SO. It may feel good and in a sense, completing to your spirit. The problem is that when you grow out of that need to have that father figure, you may come to resent him.

You may want to listen to your mom. Most times people outside the situation can see more clearly than we can.

ArrrBeee - 34 this year and still waiting to grow out of it. Since I was 19 I've never been attracted to men my age, no matter how hard I try. Ironically enough, younger men (my age) are almost never into me. If I had stuck with men my age, I can easily see myself single until I'm much older.

yep!

i'm almost 30. i want someone who isn't "searching for himself" but is ready to settle down and get married. for this reason i like older guys. my SO is 8 years older than me.

Once I turn 35 and if I'm still single yes I would consider it. I'm 27 and even though everyone tells me I look 20-22, I hardly ever pull guys in my age range. In the rare instances I get a younger guy he tends to be early 30s and I am really satisfied with early 30s however I usually get older men in late 40s - 50s coming on to me. I find it disgusting. I get many guys in my age range when I tried online dating though but they never approach me in person. wonder why that is? How do you get young guys to approach?

Back