Would you date a man 10yrs older than you?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 97 75.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • RUN CHILEEEEEEEEEE... RUN

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0live0il

I usually date people within my age group (20-24)

A friend of mine wants to hook me up with a guy who is 32. She's told me some wonderful things about him, but I've never dated someone that much older than me. I'm afraid he'll try and treat me like a kid or speak down to me.. no bueno :nono:

Can anyone share their experiences with me, plz.

TIA

Yes, but I prefer 5 to 7 yrs, but if he's stable and have his own stuff, with no baggage go for it.

I have. He was 13 years older than me, but looked younger than he was. He did turn out to be condescending :ohwell: (amongst other things). Although, he was very experienced with coloring :spinning: . Anyway, I realized he dated younger females because he's insecure. While in theory it would seem that an older man is easier to respect and are more likely to have their ish together...but no, maturity and KANGliness does not discriminate by age. :nono:

Get to know the guy and see what he's really about...that's my 2 cents...

Last edited:
I've dated older and loved it.

However, I think this works best for those past 25, where 10+ years makes less of a difference.

I've dated older and loved it.

However, I think this works best for those past 25, where 10+ years makes less of a difference.

I sort of agree with you here. I was 24 when I started seeing that guy and I was still "growing". And I outgrew him...if you get what I mean. the person I am now would not have dated him...Not to say it was a mistake...but we live and we learn, right? :yep:

I could see myself giving an older guy a chance again.

I tried to date an older guy a few months back. We just couldn't really connect in regards to pop culture references. He would pick me up and he would have this old stuff playing in his car like "this is the stuff right heah!" And I'd just be like :yep:, but I didn't really know what was playing.

I made him go see the Hunger Games with me and he fell asleep in the middle, I think he thought it was childish.

He was nice definitely, but you can find guys your own age who will treat you nicely.

Yep, currently dating someone 17 years older. Depends on where the two of you are in life, and what you are looking for

I never been into older men. When I was in the sixth grade it was this male teacher majority of my classmates (females) had a crush on and I always said I didn't like him because he was a man and not a boy my age. I tried talking to a thirty year old, and one was immature and the other reminded me of a father. He looked like he could be my father! I had just turned 21. And he was 32 I believe.... But everyone said I should go older because I'm mature and I was going to go like five years but just so happen I connected with someone who was born in the same year and happens to be more mature than anyone I dated and still youthful looking as I am

I like 10-12 years older. My man is 2 years older. At least he's older. My ex-husband is 16months youngers. I'm making progress, LOL!

Yea, I just stopped dating one that was 14 years older. We were at very different places in life tho and wanted very different things.

Sent from my N850 using LHCF

Nope I have never liked men that much older than me....or any younger than me for that matter. He'd always have to be either my age or 1 to 2 years older...maybe 3.

As a teen older men hit on me all the time and I thought it was disgusting. Maybe that jaded me. Dh is 1 yr older. I'm fine with that.

I would, but I prefer someone closer to my age.
Im only 22 and I think 22 and 32 is different than 26 and 36.

Hmm. I'm with someone 10 years older and it definitely wasn't my preference on paper. The most I'd done was 5 years before. SO knows this.

We were FWB:look:, he fell in love with me -_- I suppose I don't feel the gap personality wise because he's a young spirit, looks late 20s in the face, very fit body and active type:lick:. We like the same music, spend our leisure time similarly.

He's the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't think anyone has loved me as much as him. He doesn't talk down to me. Sometimes love overrides certain preferences.

Back