would you accept a fake diamond for your engagement ring?

would you accept a fake diamond?

• yes...it is merely a symbol of our love...it doesn't define it

Votes: 70 23.1%
  • yes...but i would expect a real one somewhere down the line

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • yes...but i would secretly be ashamed of it

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • no...come correct or don't come at all

Votes: 176 58.1%

• Total voters
If I had it to do all over again I would definitely go for a high end simulated diamond. Many of the women that we admire with big stones are wearing great fakes and No one knows the difference.

I used to work for a celeb (doing her nails) and she would wear fake all the time because as she said who is going to question whether their real or not cause everyone knows she can afford whatever she wants.

I have a Moissanite band and no one ever questions it and I took it to the jeweler to have it sized and he tested it with that machine and it all came out as diamonds , I was surprised myself.

I would rather spend all the money you would spend on a big, good quality real diamond as a down payment on a house .

I like that BTD site too , I may have to check them out.

Interesting point...ppl w/ important pieces often have sim copies of them too. You'll see that occasionally in auction offerings.

Do you remember that "got milk" commercial?

Opening Scene:

"You think I wouldn't find out?" (the woman confronting the man)

Next:

His perplexed look and him confessing about her cubic zirconia ring.

Her response:

"Huh? I was referring to you drinking all the milk" (then she looks down at her ring).

I was rolling. Telling too much information. Guilty conscious. It is better for the man to let you know beforehand.

No ...just to clarify I don't think it's good to try to fool somebody with a fake. U don't want to start off a marriage like that but if I knew then what I know now . I would definitely wholeheartedly shop with my DH for a great fake . Not a cheap fake like HSN absolute but something higher end like MOissanite or the others.

Even though I have beautiful rings, I've always wanted at least a 3carat solitaire but even being able to afford that I just don't see spending thousands on a ring like. A good quality 3 carat can be over 20g's. I have a gf with a 2 carat real solitaire but it is so cloudy that she would have been better off getting a cz .

What is this pricescope site? is it for the chicks with the real rocks to go on and show off their ice ? or what?

I WOULD RATHER HE PUT THE MONEY AS A DOWN PAYMENT FOR A HOUSE THAN ON A BLOOD DIAMOND!!!!! I HAVE BEEN HAPPILY MARRIED FOR FIVE YEARS ANY WHEN WE STARTED OUT HE COULD NOT AFFORD A REAL DIAMOND BUT HE COULD AFFORD ENOUGH RESPCT FOR ME TO WIFE ME INSTEAD OF BEING A BABY MOMMA!!!!!! DO DISRESPECT TO ALL THE BABY MOMMAS BUT WE GOT TO GET OUT PRIORITIES STR8T!! FOR MY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY I GOT MY DIAMOND AND A MAN WHO KWOWS THAT IM A RIDE OR DIE CHICK.

DO YOU GUYS KNOW THAT ABOUT 43% OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE NEVER BEEN MARRIED! COMPAIRED TO ABOUT 14% OF CAUCASION AND 19% OF HISPANIC WE GOT TO GO BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOL NO SHACKING UP! I REFUSED TO LIVE WITH A MAN UNTIL I GOT MARRIED WE WERE RAISED CHRISTIAN THATS HOW MY MOMMA DID IT AND THEY WERE MARRIED FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS UP UNTIL MY DAD PASSED.

I completely understand and agree with some of what you said...but not all diamonds are Blood diamonds and there are ways to check to see beforehand if you are considering buying a diamond exactly where it's from.

I agree about having our priorities straight too. Some of us put too much enphasis on the showy displays of life sometime and have nothing substantial to back it up.

I keep thinking about a chick on another site blasting Denzel for having on some New Balance sneakers, don't we all know Denzel is paid? he could afford any pair of sneakers he wants . He could be fronting like these rappers with a closet full in every color, style and brand name but he's a mature man with kids in college, a wife to support and a lot of other obligations but most importantly he got money in the bank,

Bottomline though, to each his own. If folks want to spend big money on a rock and have nothing else to fall back on that's their choice .

Please come correct or say at home! I understand times are tight. Shooo. I even understand that were in a recession, BUT even JCPenny's have 1/4 diamond rings. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

BTW: I would have accepted an Emerald, Sapphira or etc..

Last edited:
DO YOU GUYS KNOW THAT ABOUT 43% OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE NEVER BEEN MARRIED! COMPAIRED TO ABOUT 14% OF CAUCASION AND 19% OF HISPANIC WE GOT TO GO BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOL NO SHACKING UP! I REFUSED TO LIVE WITH A MAN UNTIL I GOT MARRIED WE WERE RAISED CHRISTIAN THATS HOW MY MOMMA DID IT AND THEY WERE MARRIED FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS UP UNTIL MY DAD PASSED.

ITA: We have to stay strong ladies!! My daddy always told me, "Why buy the milk when the cow is free" :lachen:

Nope my man earns way too much to be giving me a cheap piece of metal with something that resembles glass in it..my face alone would give it away- even if I tried to act cool!
P.s..I should count myself lucky that he is not they way inclined..i think he would be insulted to know that i could ever think of mentioning "cheap rings" to him.

I have not read one comment or even the OP but I will say this: If someone is so superficial as to not accept my ring which is JUST A SYMBOL then that must mean you dont want what the symbol represents, my love.

With that, said person could KMA.

Women complain about there are no good men :blah: :blah: :blah: but when one is staring you in the face we go out and do dumb stuff like kick him to the curb over material things. Maybe we need to get a 15 caret ring and cuddle up with that at night. Get that ring to take care of us and be with us and be a shoulder to lean on.

I'd rather have a plain gold ring without a stone, which is what I would want regardless. It's not so common here with big stones... Many people just have plain gold bands :)
But I'd like a really thick and wide gold ring :D

No ...just to clarify I don't think it's good to try to fool somebody with a fake. U don't want to start off a marriage like that but if I knew then what I know now . I would definitely wholeheartedly shop with my DH for a great fake . Not a cheap fake like HSN absolute but something higher end like MOissanite or the others.

Even though I have beautiful rings, I've always wanted at least a 3carat solitaire but even being able to afford that I just don't see spending thousands on a ring like. A good quality 3 carat can be over 20g's. I have a gf with a 2 carat real solitaire but it is so cloudy that she would have been better off getting a cz .

What is this pricescope site? is it for the chicks with the real rocks to go on and show off their ice ? or what?

:laugh: sorta ..it's also fiancés/SOs/DHs, jewelers/prof. and amateur gemologists, etc.

There are specific 'eye candy' threads where ppl post photos and info about their pieces or stones.

I'd rather have a plain gold ring without a stone, which is what I would want regardless. It's not so common here with big stones... Many people just have plain gold bands :)
But I'd like a really thick and wide gold ring :D

It seems like that, for the most part, in France too.

I told my sweet i would rather have the custom design ring that the setting was real and we could upgrade the stone later. hey $40,000 on a rock, i'd rather have my 645 paid for, along with the house, and money in the bank than walking around with a qtr of his salary on my finger and living in debt.

No, I would not accept it and any man that is in a relationship with me would know better than to even try to present something like that to me.

I said this in another thread about engagement rings, if he can't afford a decent ring then he is in no position to marry.

Marriage is not just about love. If he wants a wife, he should be capable of honoring one with his time, emotions, financial support. If he can't yet afford to give her the best (at least real...maybe tiny...but real), then he should wait. I wouldn't accept. It's not about the carats, it's about the intent. He's rushing? What will happen after such a marriage in which the partners are not ready for a viable marriage? She will end up with lots of fakes and leftovers...and not just physical things...emotional things? Nope. I cannot downgrade myself because I am a Canary diamond myself!!!

Well I don't understand how a ring determines the life your onna live when ppl die and lose their jobs everyday.
Especially if the money towards my house I'd on my ring. The moment that a stone determines someone's worth in my life means I should just marry the stone.
I can understand if I never knew at all it was fake, yes I would be mad but really mossiate (sp??) Is fine with me
Shoot, maybe that's y some ppl get divorced they get a certain type of ring and then think evrything else is gonna be like that.

Nope, I wouldn't want a fake diamond. I'd hope my SO would understand that for me, the ring is not a big whoop. If he couldn't afford a real diamond, I would prefer he skip it altogether and just buy a simple gold band for the wedding.

I wouldn't want one, but if the situation warranted to get one temporarily I would do it and really not like it. And it would have to be a really good reason like we are honeymooning to paris, france for a month and can't afford both, or I'm using it for a down payment on our new 5000 square foot house. I didn't have either of those beautiful excuses, sooo I settled for a GAWGESS REAL BIG BEAUTIFUL rock instead.

I wouldnt know the difference anyways. lol. so it doesnt matter

u would if u worked behind a jewelry counter like I did, but even with that being said, I have seen some really gorgeous moisonite and diamonique and other pass of diamonds that could blow you away, gorgeous settings and all and set in 14 k gold.

No. When I get engaged, I plan on never taking that ring off. If it were a fake ring, my dang finger would eventually turn gangren.

I agree and how would he like it, if I stop giving him the goodies until we get married. I mean since we want to reason why a man shouldn't buy someone a real ring and we want to believe it's about savings and coupon clippings, let me save my goodies until the wedding night. :yep:
I agree:yep:. "Fake ring= fake sex (ie "you n lube") until you're ready to come real.":lachen:

I tried to get my df to consider getting a fake ring because I didn't think I would get used to wearing it anyway but he refused and I'm glad he did.I love my e ring!

Back