Women pursuing men

Should women pursue men---try to "catch" a man?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • No.

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 17 12.8%

• Total voters
Now, you said he would make a good friend and that you two have a lot in common...When you say you don't want a relationship with him, that means you're not romantically interested in him at all? From what I've usually seen, men and women don't generally go out of their way to make a purely platonic friendship with someone of the opposite sex.

It's different if the friendship just arises out of being around one another at work, school, wherever; but intentionally trying to draw closer is more than friendly, imo.

I mean, if he's an interesting person, then why not strike up a conversation with him. I just think things get tricky if the goal is to become a close friend. That probably stems more from romantic feelings than anything else.

Well, in the beginning I did consider the possibility of us being in a relationship, but when it seemed like he wasn't going after that, those feelings kinda tapered off. So I would say had "mild to light," romantic feelings for him...if that's possible? :perplexed I thought I would be able to contain them and still be friends...

True @ the bolded. And I mainly say that because of trial and error...not long after that post, I, well, kinda sorta ended up asking the dude out, in uh, so many words :wallbash:

I said was "We should hang out sometime," then I went to his church, uninvited :look:. I was really goin' hard and I think deep down I knew better. But the waiting game was getting the better of me, so I made a mistake.

Needless to say that sent him running and sans a facebook "howyadoin'" we haven't talked since...learned my lesson.

I've never chased a man - he has to indicate that he is into me for me to even be interested in him.

I have given a man my number without him asking for it, though. It only happened once, it was at the end of an amazing conversation and I had to catch a bus, and I refused to leave without being sure that if he wanted to, he could get in touch with me. :yep: The conversation was that good - hit my primary brain buttons. :lol:

I ended up marrying that dude. :giggle: And that was about the only 'pursuing' of him I did - he carried the ball after that. :yep:

See this is what I wanted to know. If you are at risk of not being able to keep in contact (you work/live in different areas) and you want to keep conversing, I think you can give your number.
However, No inviting on dates or other actions that scream....I'm available. And only give your number if he seems interested in continuing conversation in the first place. He should then pick up the ball, or drop and get out of the game!

I recently approached a realllly sexy guy at a club. He was just chillin and i walked by a couple times so he was definitely not gonna holla any time soon. So I just walked up to him and introduced myself. He was soo frienly and went out of his way to get his phone to exchange numbers (he left his phone in his car and actually took me to his car to get it lol).

Since then he told me he loves girls that approach him, that wins him over
but as for the rest of our friendship/relationship....i wont be doing the chasing lol i show a lot of interest but calling him down all the time is never a good look

Back