Votes: 2 0.4%
  • I honestly dont know why... I ask myself this everyday

Votes: 83 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 79 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaribbeanQueen

Loves is usually the main reason that two people are together, however sometimes there are other factors.... Why did you get married or why are you in your current relationship?

(Dont worry the poll is Anonymous)

I picked #1 but love itself sprouts from a variety of reasons so #1 is more than one reason in itself.

Because he is a sweetheart.He rubs my feet and back everyday.He runs my bath water,he tells me that I am beautiful.He goes to all of my "dress up" events downtown even though he does not want to.He tried to write a poem for me at one of my poetry events,even though he sucked I love him for trying.He respects my choice not to have sex yet.And He LOVEs to spend money on me.I don't let him too often,but it's nice to know that I don't have to worry about things concerning money.

Because he is a sweetheart.He rubs my feet and back everyday.He runs my bath water,he tells me that I am beautiful.He goes to all of my "dress up" events downtown even though he does not want to.He tried to write a poem for me at one of my poetry events,even though he sucked I love him for trying.He respects my choice not to have sex yet.And He LOVEs to spend money on me.I don't let him too often,but it's nice to know that I don't have to worry about things concerning money.

Does he have a brother, cousin, uncle?...:grin:

My SO is truly the love of my life to put it simply. I think he is the only person in the world(besides myself) that understands me. We have the same goals and aspirations, and most of all he makes me happier more days than he makes me mad or sad. I have had my share of dumb a**es so it's nice to have someone that truly loves me and isn't afraid to show it. He always manages to find the beauty in me even when he's leaving for work and he wakes me up to kiss me goodbye and my hair is all wild, crust in my eyes, he still manages to tell me that I am beautiful and that he will always love me forever, and ever.:yep:

the only reason i was with my SO was because he proposed and wanted to marry me, we were getting married next year, but i just couldn't take the bs anymore; sometimes i feel like i can't live without him, but i decided there was no way i could live with him for the rest of my life either. it is going to be hard to get over it, but with time i know i will be fine. please pray for me.

he's unlike the other men I dated

He will try and take an interest in whatever I am interested in .... even if its this hair forum

He can cook pretty well.

He cleans very well.

He is a nerd just like me.

He's extremely affectionate.

He's a kid at heart just like me

He makes me laugh

He try to listen and understand me .... even if he gets confused

When we have issues ... he will sit and talk it out until he feels its resolved

He always wants to know how i'm doing ... and asks how my day went

he's unlike the other men I dated

He will try and take an interest in whatever I am interested in .... even if its this hair forum

He can cook pretty well.

He cleans very well.

He is a nerd just like me.

He's extremely affectionate.

He's a kid at heart just like me

He makes me laugh

He try to listen and understand me .... even if he gets confused

When we have issues ... he will sit and talk it out until he feels its resolved

He always wants to know how i'm doing ... and asks how my day went
this is so wonderful! especially the bolded. :grin:

A number of reasons...
I love him :love:
We're best friends :D
The loving is great
We laugh a lot
We've got eachother's backs
We have similar ideals and values
He is a mature, grown Man
We can communicate (most of the time LOL)

I would first say love... but the geniune person he is is why I'm with him.. He's just so sweet, affectionate and loving. He makes me want to spend hours and days with him doing nothing..just enjoying his company.... .... ...
(Btw it will be 4 years in febuary)

Love
I can look at him and start laughing at the same thing
Treats me extremely well
Lets me lean on him, literally and figuratively
Appreciates the little things
Makes me feel like the most beautiful sexy adorable woman when I'm anything but beautiful, sexy and adorable
Calls me on my sh**, w/out critizing me
Has a good head on his shoulders and a big heart in his chest
Good lovin', whenever I want it.

These responses really do touch me. This is the type of feeling that I would like to experience with my SO. Unfortunately, after 2.5 years, I have none of these feelings and we're in splitsville.

The REAL reason is:

1. He makes me laugh.
2. He has the best bear hugs.
3. He isn't afraid to be affectionate in public or even in front of his friends.
4. He's patient with me and understanding of my "issues".
5. He's got the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.
6. He's intelligent and not a follower - but a leader and that's important as the head of a household.
7. He has a kind heart and would help a complete stranger even if it inconvenienced him personally.
8. He doesn't keep records of wrongs.
9. He involves me in all facets of his life and makes me feel like I am the most important thing to him (even if I might actually be 3rd on the list).
10. He isn't to proud to apologize if he makes a mistake.
11. He's always super eager to rub my feet, my neck, run me baths, cook for me (even though he cannot cook and I prefer to be in the kitchen).
12. He listens and I mean REALLY listens to me when I need to talk.
13. He holds me when I'm sleeping and rubs my hair and just stares at me in the morning (and I pretend I'm still asleep because it feels good).
14. We have everything in common. He can finish my sentences and we almost always want to do the same things.
15. I love him.
16. His body is hawt.

ETA: So many great things about this man so when people assume I'm with him for the reasons I sarcastically stated above or when they think I'm bragging because he's white - I just scoff and think to myself - if I had these qualities in any man - even a green man with fuschia polka dots, I'd take him and not look back.

Also, when I went to his house this past weekend, he had put a huge portrait of us over the fire place in addition to little pictures of us as a couple throughout his house. He said he was preparing for me to move in (after the wedding) and he wanted to make it "our" home. That made me feel super special and although I acted like - cool, thanks - I was really like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! :grin:

Last edited:
Ooops I forgot to add

'Because he is fine' and 'Because we have a child together' to the poll.. Oh well...:ohwell:

Its great to see the majority are truly in love though :grin:

The REAL reason is:

1. He makes me laugh.
3. He isn't afraid to be affectionate in public or even in front of his friends.
6. He's intelligent and not a follower - but a leader and that's important as the head of a household.
7. He has a kind heart and would help a complete stranger even if it inconvenienced him personally.
9. He involves me in all facets of his life and makes me feel like I am the most important thing to him (even if I might actually be 3rd on the list).
11. He's always super eager to rub my feet, my neck, run me baths, cook for me (even though he cannot cook and I prefer to be in the kitchen).
13. He holds me when I'm sleeping and rubs my hair and just stares at me in the morning (and I pretend I'm still asleep because it feels good).
14. We have everything in common. He can finish my sentences and we almost always want to do the same things.
15. I love him.
16. His body is hawt.

This is just beautiful Adequate!!!!

For companionship (sex is a nuisance 65% of the time):spinning:, entertainment and to change my adult diapers etc in the future since I'm Pre-AARP. Outside of the mentioned I wouldn't even dare think about remarrying after 20 years:rolleyes:. I like alot of ME time now that I'm living the leisure life. :grin: FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMM!

-Love him to bits even though he gets on my last nerve sometimes
-he's very focused
-he's very organised
-he's patient with me
-he doesn't get stressed and worked up over small things (I could learn a thing or two here)
-he puts up with me:drunk:
-he cooks me nice breakfasts
-he helps me out whenever I ask, even when I don't ask
-he's very sexy
There's more but those are the important ones I think...

SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! U are VERY Blessed!

The REAL reason is:

1. He makes me laugh.
15. I love him.
16. His body is hawt.

ETA: So many great things about this man so when people assume I'm with him for the reasons I sarcastically stated above or when they think I'm bragging because he's white - I just scoff and think to myself - if I had these qualities in any man - even a green man with fuschia polka dots, I'd take him and not look back.

Also, when I went to his house this past weekend, he had put a huge portrait of us over the fire place in addition to little pictures of us as a couple throughout his house. He said he was preparing for me to move in (after the wedding) and he wanted to make it "our" home. That made me feel super special and although I acted like - cool, thanks - I was really like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! :grin:

Back