When do you start pulling out your wallet?

my bf paying for things has nothing to do with any gender role crap. hes mostly been paying because i was largely broke at the time.

the bigger reason however that he pays for things is just - HE DOESN'T MIND PAYING. he has the money, so he pays. whats he supposed to do, look pointedly at me and ignore the check even though he's perfectly capable of paying? :lol:

Brighteyes35 said:
I mean if you want things to be equal then they REALLY need to be equal, catch my drift? You shouldn't want equality only when it benefits you.

Who wants everything to be equal? That would be no fun...lol... he can NEVER have babies, so stop burning your bras ....there will never be total equality.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I don't pay for outings unless I'm treating him for his birthday or it's a low cost activity.

I do offer to leave the tip or buy concessions if it's a movie. I also get Groupons or Living Social deals for us to try occasionally.

I don't pay for outings unless I'm treating him for his birthday or it's a low cost activity.

I do offer to leave the tip or buy concessions if it's a movie. I also get Groupons or Living Social deals for us to try occasionally.

This is what I do as well, I really don't see the harm in it. :ohwell:

I mean if you want things to be equal then they REALLY need to be equal, catch my drift? You shouldn't want equality only when it benefits you.
That is a huge generalization. Not everyone wants to be equal nor dare think they can do what men do. Some of us ole skool folks know our role and its greatly appreciated by traditional men. Paying half means platonic friend or roommate in my world.

I´m sorry but that sounds like incredibly idiotic feminist crap to me! Obviously if a man is trying to court you, he wants to prove that he is worth it and values your time....... Things will never be equal because we are different no matter how hard women try to be like men.

The best thing is just to balance each qualities that both sexes have.

Don´t pay for nothing in the courting stage, Later on after your in a relationship you can offer to pay for small things but don't go overboard until you married.

I honestly don't see what paying for a date has to do with equality. I actually don't understand the concept of 'equality' in general. I think women should be able to work outside the home, vote, decide what to do her own body etc. but as far as I know, women are still the ones who carry children. Ain't no equality in that.

To answer the question in the initial courting stages I expect my date to pay. Most of the men I've been out with won't even let reach for the bill so it's never been a problem.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see what paying for a date has to do with equality. I actually don't understand the concept of 'equality' in general. I think women should be able to work outside the home, vote, decide what to do her own body etc. but as far as I know, women are still the ones who carry children. Ain't no equality in that.

To answer the question in the initial courting stages I expect my date to pay. Most of the men I've been out with won't even let reach for the bill so it's never been a problem.

But, not all women are going to have children, married or not. Then what? I think there should be other arguments to bring home the point other than pregnancy, childbirth and caring for children.

I never paid for any dates with DH. But I did pay for a haircut when we first started dating. I want to the barber shop with him and he discovered that he'd left his wallet at home and asked if I could spot him $20. He told me he would pay me back once he got his wallet. We drove back to his house to get the wallet and he tried to give me the 20 several times that night and I told him no.

There were times when I wanted an extra snack during a movie and he would offer to go get it and I would tell him that I was unsure and needed to go myself. Of course I spent my own money and I would always bring him an extra snack too.

Befor we married I cooked for him on his birthday. That meal cost me over a hundred dollars, lol. It would have been cheaper to take him to a restaurant....but he would have insisted on paying.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back