When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

miracle said:
My SO shows his love for me by being my "gentleman". He's the most caring/loving man I have ever been with.

I haven't opened a door since our very first date. :lol: He always opens doors, including my car door...whether I'm the driver or passenger. And will get mad at me if I try to open them for myself.

He pulls out all of my chairs when we are seated...even at home.

He stands everytime I leave or enter a room or rise and return to a table.

When we are out together, he automatically reaches for & holds my hand.

Since we've been together, my first "name" has either been "baby", "sweetheart", "munchkin", "little one"...& I love it!!! Hmmmm, I wonder if he even remembers my REAL first name? :lol:

He's very quick to compliment & slow to criticize.

When I am in pain or just not feeling well, he takes complete care of me.

He reminds me to take my medicine on time & accompanies me to my doctor appointments.

He says "I love you" after every phone conversation & in every text message or email.

He writes me poetry or songs almost every day.

As I am falling asleep at night, I hear him whispering how much he loves me. (I pretend to be asleep most nights just to hear his whispers. :Blush2: )
...and he won't fall asleep without some part of his body touching mine. Even if it's just his foot against mine.

When it is raining or there's bad weather and we're both stuck inside, he puts on music & slow dances with me in the middle of the bedroom.

He reminds me, everyday, that he's there for me when I need him, but also understands that I need a little "me-time" every now and then.

He's respectful & loving to our families.

He is encouraging of my further educational studies & career pursuits.

He takes my face in his hands & tells me that I'm beautiful.

This is simply amazing. You have a true gentleman. Standing when you enter and leave the room? :eek: He is serious about his.

I am patiently waiting for my man of God, and reading this thread reminds me of what's worth waiting for. It also makes me wonder what a woman does when she's "romancing" her man. Hmmmm..... Could be a good spin-off topic if no one has started it.

SEMO said:
This is simply amazing. You have a true gentleman. Standing when you enter and leave the room? :eek: He is serious about his.

I am patiently waiting for my man of God, and reading this thread reminds me of what's worth waiting for. It also makes me wonder what a woman does when she's "romancing" her man. Hmmmm..... Could be a good spin-off topic if no one has started it.

This is a great idea! QQ'n @ Shimmie...

Enchantmt said:
This is a great idea! QQ'n @ Shimmie...

Thanks Enchantmt. I just started a spin-off, "When a Woman Loves her Man.." ;)

I think we need this so much. I know 'we' have challenges with and in all relationships; but I just want the good to prevail for a while. The good to have its spotlight and to bring in more happy relationships for everyone (new relationships and old).

And although I'm 10,000,000% Black driven for positive reflections for our race; these threads are not about color; for whomever God joins, is the real importance. I just won't allow Black to be put down and regarded incapable of being loving.

Divine Inspiration said:
:eek: :lol: @ Vintage Seltzer Water...I bet that Wild Cherry was tasty though.

It warms my heart to hear about you and your gentleman. I know you'd never settle for anything less than that. :yep:

The Vintage wasn't bad at all, but it has larger bubbles. Perrier has tiny bubbles... (I 'know' Seltzer Water :lol: I drink it enough). Whole Foods Store, moved their Water Aisles; they are now across from the cashier stations...really awkward :confused: .

As for my 'sweetie', he really is a real gentleman...very much indeed. ;)

Re: When a Man Loves a Woman...(Celebrating Our Men Who Love Us)

Shimmie said:
This is a 'happy thread' for everyone...;)

How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you?

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'?

AND if not, what are the things you wish he would do or not do?

What makes you happy? What makes you sad? (no one here is allowed to get mad...okay?) ;)

:

My DH is emotionally reserved, so the things he does for me are xtra special and maybe unusual, but nevertheless mean alot to me:

I cannot mention anything in passing - a soda, a dress, a book - that dosent pop up in the next day or two. I will say "I didnt ask you to get this!" and he will say "you didn't have to".

He loves our children and is an excellent father. He loved when I was huge and pregnant and miserable, and would rub my feet and draw my bath and run to the store six times a day. He shared pregnancy symtoms with me :lol:

He clears the house of noise and clutter when I am in one of those moods.

He holds my hand when we go to the mall or walk around in the city.

He will regularly buy out to save me a day (or two or three or five) from cooking.

He is pretty much an old fashioned gentleman - respects women, and other people in his actions. Thats pretty rare at least in NYC and means alot to me as it is a shared value.

He honors and respects my dad(and my mom when she was here)

He gets cards from time to time, for no reason

He tells me I am beautiful.

We will argue until I am furious, crying and plotting to leave. And he will turn around and apologize (even if I should be apologizing) and say after its all over - see, you just made me love you even more.

Just yesterday, he had to attend a funeral upstate for a fallen colleague. He had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way. I was concerned that I hadnt heard from him during the day, and was wondering when I would see him that evening. When my train pulled into the station, who is waiting there on the platform for me in his uniform looking all fine? And took my bag and drove me home. THAT really made my day.:)

Last edited:

bluwatersoul said:
My DH is emotionally reserved, so the things he does for me are xtra special and maybe unusual, but nevertheless mean alot to me:

I cannot mention anything in passing - a soda, a dress, a book - that dosent pop up in the next day or two. I will say "I didnt ask you to get this!" and he will say "you didn't have to".

He loves our children and is an excellent father. He loved when I was huge and pregnant and miserable, and would rub my feet and draw my bath and run to the store six times a day. He shared pregnancy symtoms with me :lol:

He clears the house of noise and clutter when I am in one of those moods.

He holds my hand when we go to the mall or walk around in the city.

He will regularly buy out to save me a day (or two or three or five) from cooking.

He is pretty much an old fashioned gentleman - respects women, and other people in his actions. Thats pretty rare at least in NYC and means alot to me as it is a shared value.

He honors and respects my dad(and my mom when she was here)

He gets cards from time to time, for no reason

He tells me I am beautiful.

We will argue until I am furious, crying and plotting to leave. And he will turn around and apologize (even if I should be apologizing) and say after its all over - see, you just made me love you even more.

Just yesterday, he had to attend a funeral upstate for a fallen colleague. He had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way. I was concerned that I hadnt heard from him during the day, and was wondering when I would see him that evening. When my train pulled into the station, who is waiting there on the platform for me in his uniform looking all fine? And took my bag and drove me home. THAT really made my day.:)
Bluewatersoul: If nothing else, your husband speaks volumes of love for you. I love that he 'hears' you before you even ask. He has the 'heart' of our father God.

To you and your husband, I wish this...

"An almond tree that buds in winter.' Even when the seasons of your lives call for 'bare', God's provision will always be there...always.

God bless you, sweet lady. :rosebud:

Shimmie said:
Bluewatersoul: If nothing else, your husband speaks volumes of love for you. I love that he 'hears' you before you even ask. He has the 'heart' of our father God.

To you and your husband, I wish this...

"An almond tree that buds in winter.' Even when the seasons of your lives call for 'bare', God's provision will always be there...always.

God bless you, sweet lady. :rosebud:

Aw, Shimmie...he already has, with your sweet healing words. Thank you!

And thank you for "outing" the positive side of our relationships, the side that rarely gets shown to the outside world.

I have one to add:

I was worried about how I was gon pay my rent this summer and buy myself a car, because I'm a full time student who's EXTREMELY broke. I have too much group work to have a regular job.

So when he asked me about my day, he could tell I wasn't in the highest of spirits and said:

"Babe, I don't work everyday, busting my butt so I can have you worrying about how you're gonna pay your rent. I gotchu baby."
:cry: :cry:

Then he says "see there's an advantage to dating someone older than you. only one of us is broke." :)

And he told me to tell my father that I save $1500 for a car, eventhough I haven't ...:look: I hope that means he's giving me $1500 for a car
Now my father is actually making moves to get me a car

vivadiva85 said:
I have one to add:

I was worried about how I was gon pay my rent this summer and buy myself a car, because I'm a full time student who's EXTREMELY broke. I have too much group work to have a regular job.

So when he asked me about my day, he could tell I wasn't in the highest of spirits and said:

"Babe, I don't work everyday, busting my butt so I can have you worrying about how you're gonna pay your rent. I gotchu baby."
:cry: :cry:

Then he says "see there's an advantage to dating someone older than you. only one of us is broke." :)

And he told me to tell my father that I save $1500 for a car, eventhough I haven't ...:look: I hope that means he's giving me $1500 for a car
Now my father is actually making moves to get me a car

SO sweet!!! :yep: It reminds me of when my SO picked up the tab for $800 worth of unexpected car repairs last year. It says a lot when they're willing to spend their money to keep you afloat or help you get ahead. I tried to pay him back the next day, and he put my check in the shredder. :lol:

Mine aren't so sweet, but my man let's me paint my toenails black even though he hates it.

He makes me feel sexy even though I've gained 10lbs
He let's me pop all of his fingers even though it's very painful for him
He lets me complain about everything and never says anything back
He let's me have guy friends and trusts me when I go out with them
He surprises me with gifts at the most random times (like giving me a diamond necklace while I was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom)
When his friends or brothers call and ask where he's at, he always replies with something like, "I'm with the most beautiful girl in the world"
But my all time favorite is that he plans special trips and outings for my little sister, and he even brings her flowers too when he comes over.

ashmack said:
Mine aren't so sweet, but my man let's me paint my toenails black even though he hates it.

He makes me feel sexy even though I've gained 10lbs
He let's me pop all of his fingers even though it's very painful for him
He lets me complain about everything and never says anything back
He let's me have guy friends and trusts me when I go out with them
He surprises me with gifts at the most random times (like giving me a diamond necklace while I was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom)
When his friends or brothers call and ask where he's at, he always replies with something like, "I'm with the most beautiful girl in the world"
But my all time favorite is that he plans special trips and outings for my little sister, and he even brings her flowers too when he comes over.

Those things ARE sweet. When men aren't ashamed to talk about you to their "boys", you've got something special. :)

bluwatersoul said:
Aw, Shimmie...he already has, with your sweet healing words. Thank you!

And thank you for "outing" the positive side of our relationships, the side that rarely gets shown to the outside world.
I THANK you for being a part of this 'outing'. Whatever we 'feed' upon, we become and we have to 'live' with the fruit of our words.

One of the definitions of "Blessed" means, to 'say something good about...'

Therefore the men we love are Blessed...they are definitely someone to say; someone to think something good about. :up:

All colors ... OUR Men.

Divine Inspiration said:
Those things ARE sweet. When men aren't ashamed to talk about you to their "boys", you've got something special. :)
Amen to this, DI...Amen...:yep:

I see as Jesus said: "...that you are ashamed of me, then I will be ashamed of you before my Father in Heaven."

When I'm stressed he reminds me to get a pedicure because he knows that always puts me in a good mood.

Kisses me good-bye every morning even though I am usually half asleep and not in a great mood (I am not a morning person).

Whenever I leave to go to the store he always asks me if I need cash, I'm like well I have a little, then he hands me like six $20 bills and I'm like I only needed $20 but thanks:grin:.

He encourages me to do things that make me happy.

When I tell him our daughters and I went shopping and spent a little too much, he says Good, that's why I work so hard.

When I fell in love with not one but two puppies and told him I really wanted to get two, he said no problem.

He never flirts with or looks at other women (at least when I'm around:look:)

He has never complained once when I've gained weight and when I've lost he's my biggest cheerleader.

hopeful said:
When I'm stressed he reminds me to get a pedicure because he knows that always puts me in a good mood.

Kisses me good-bye every morning even though I am usually half asleep and not in a great mood (I am not a morning person).

Whenever I leave to go to the store he always asks me if I need cash, I'm like well I have a little, then he hands me like six $20 bills and I'm like I only needed $20 but thanks:grin:.

When I tell him our daughters and I went shopping and spent a little too much, he says Good, that's why I work so hard.

When I fell in love with not one but two puppies and told him I really wanted to get two, he said no problem.

He has never complained once when I've gained weight and when I've lost he's my biggest cheerleader.

Sounds like a dream. You're a blessed woman. But he's a blessed man.

hopeful said:

Hopeful this is beautiful. ;). I'm just reading your post and as I was doing so, I felt at if I were surrounded by a sea of blue silk.

It may sound strange, but it feels peaceful reading what you share about your husband. I sense that you don't allow the 'issues' of life stop either of you from flowing in love...like the smoothness of a sea of blue silk. Blue is the color of peace...

So I wish the two of you, plenty of silky Blue, eternally. God bless you precious one and your marriage. ;).

The Dynamics of a Man's Heart...

It beats for the woman he loves
It flutters at the very thought of her
It stops when he misses her
It rushes when she is threatened or in danger
It slows down once he brings her to safety
It expands to hold more love for her
It shuts down when another tries to get in

Most of all...

It opens wide to receive her when he sees her again...

That's the Beautiful Heart of Our Men

And Dear Lord, for this we thank you with all of hearts

Amen...again...for our Men

:rosebud:

Thanks DLewis and Shimmie, you guys are sweet:). DLewis your husband sounds like a dream to me. Shimmie, you are right, it is a calm and peaceful relationship for the most part.

This past weekend I was performing in a Belly Dance show.

Just before going on stage, I sent him a text message that I had the jitters (which is very rare for I am not shy at all before an audience).

He texted me back the most loving and encouraging message. But guess what else he did? He listened to my entire performance over my cell phone. :cry3: One of my girlfriends held my phone, while he listened.

It was a special 'love song' dedicated to him and he said that as he listened, he was just imagining me on stage, beautiful and flowing to the music; that it made him want to 'cry'; and he said that he was so proud of me when he heard the audience applaude after I was finished dancing.

Being long distance, I couldn't have been given a more beautiful gift that evening...his precious time and most of all his heart that was in it all. He was right there with me; even more than if it had been in person.

For his birthday, he has a wonderful dance performance that awaits him...all in good taste and all in perfect beauty, just for him.

Dancing is a 'gift' that God has given me and it's this gift I share with those I love...especially him. ;)

Thanks angels for allowing me to share this 'special moment' with you. ;). It's bringing tears to my eyes just thinking about how special 'our' night was. No distance too great...to have a special date. :love: ;)

Aww Shimmie that was sweet. Thanks for sharing...you aways give me great ideas to keep in mind for whenever my future DH comes along.:)

GlamourGirl said:
Aww Shimmie that was sweet. Thanks for sharing...you aways give me great ideas to keep in mind for whenever my future DH comes along.:)

Big Sister Hugs GG ;).

And you've hit the answer square on the button. Keeping prayerful; and keeping 'mindful' for WHEN (not if) but WHEN he comes.

I can't say this enough; it's a word that God gave me a while ago:

"For yet a little while, He that SHALL come WILL come and will not tarry..." (Hebrews 10:37)

and the words Shall and Will are writen in caps in the Bible, just like I wrote it above.... God's not playing games here. He means what he says about our husbands. God does not lie...He can't...He's God. And I choose to believe him. Period.

He that SHALL come WILL come and will not tarry... Praise the word of the Lord. (don't get me started with the praise of Him...sweet Jesus).

I love the word of God. :rosebud: It keeps ME alive, not just hope, but ME alive and well. Oh somebody just praise Him for life and life alone. I just can't help but praise Him...our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This is STILL everyone's thread. Don't mind me. I'm just a woman in love with two men. Jesus and my sweetheart... :yep:

Ladies, the 'good'... any good, you see in me is Jesus. When I hit your last nerve, it's me, not Him. Because on my own, I can do nothing. ;) All the good that you've seen in me in this thread, I could not do it without Him...our Lord. I wouldn't have a sweetheart were it not for Him. for it was Him that I went to and 'asked'. I asked and God answered yes and He gave.

I'm not preaching, just assuring you that more good is to come. For each blessing that I've ministered to each post, is backed up by the love of God and you will surely see each prayer blessing come to past in each of your lives. It's the best that I have to give each of you... the best. Prayers that have 'backing', so none will be lacking in any blessing that comes abroad for each of you.

When a man loves a woman, what does he do to show it? Hmmmmm, when God loves us, what does He do to show it? Here it is...reading all of the above, of all of the love each of you have posted here...

With all my heart...

Last edited:

How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you? By telling me that I'm his best friend and having his actions actually match that. He always tells me what he loves about me.

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'? Small things like sitting in the bathroom talking to me while I take a bubble bath, washing dishes after I cook, making me laugh when I'm worried or sad.

mslondon said:
..... they return our phone calls
:rofl: Girl, it's the truth. This is both cute and so funny. AND Ohhhh, so true. And when they answer our 'text' msgs. :lol:

I have to give my 'Sweetheart' his props. He always calls me back right away and the first thing he says is, "Hey Beautiful" or "How's my Baby?" ;)

When he texts me, he always calls me 'His' Sunshine and never fails to text, 'I love U'....;)

Caramela said:
How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you? By telling me that I'm his best friend and having his actions actually match that. He always tells me what he loves about me.

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'? Small things like sitting in the bathroom talking to me while I take a bubble bath, washing dishes after I cook, making me laugh when I'm worried or sad.
Caramela, this is beautiful ... :yep: Tender moments with tender hearts, you and your husband. ;).

dlewis said:
Lays down with her and rubs her back until she goes to sleep when he knows she upset.
Because he loves you....a loving husband; a man with a heart, who love you. And this way this shall always be, between you and 'he'. Amen. ;)

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds;
nor bends with the remover to remove.

It is an ever fix'ed mark which looks on 'tempests' (storms) and is never shaken;
It is a star (guilding light) to every wandering 'bark' (sailing vessel) whose worth's unknown...
Although it's height be taken... (when love is challenged)

Men DO Love... Men love women and show it...with heart and abundance.
Men DO care... and they make us aware and secure.

Men love us. We love our men... :rosebud:

Last edited:
After reading "Lady D's' (dlewis) post, I've been reminded and convicted in my heart that...

I never 'thanked' him for all of the many times I've delayed him...yet he never complains nor shows frustration. The times that I've delayed him starting his work or attending to other matters, a business meeting or keeping an appointment.

For all of the times when he 'stays' on the phone with me, making sure 'I'm okay'...I never said 'thank you' for making me feel more important than everything else. For each time he never hangs up before saying, these three words, "I love you".

For him...:kiss: "Thank you, Sweet Man. I love you too."

Shimmie said:
After reading "Lady D's' (dlewis) post, I've been reminded and convicted in my heart that...

I never 'thanked' him for all of the many times I've delayed him...yet he never complains nor shows frustration. The times that I've delayed him starting his work or attending to other matters, a business meeting or keeping an appointment.

For all of the times when he 'stays' on the phone with me, making sure 'I'm okay'...I never said 'thank you' for making me feel more important than everything else. For each time he never hangs up before saying, these three words, "I love you".

For him...:kiss: "Thank you, Sweet Man. I love you too."

If you talk IRL like you do on this board, I know he does stay on the phone to hear all those sweet words.

Back