When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

dlewis said:
If you talk IRL like you do on this board, I know he does stay on the phone to hear all those sweet words.
:kiss: Lady D, thank you. I really meant it. You are more of an inspiration to me than you realize. ;)

bLackButtaFly said:
He carries you to bed when you fall asleep on the couch, and then tells you how he really treasured that moment.

You must be 'little'.... ;).

However, this is beautiful and I can actually 'feel'/sense the softness of the moment and the tenderness of his heart as he adores you, 'while you are sleeping.'

I wish you sweet dreams and more love, eternally; for the two of you. ;)

Shimmie said:
You must be 'little'.... ;).

However, this is beautiful and I can actually 'feel'/sense the softness of the moment and the tenderness of his heart as he adores you, 'while you are sleeping.'

I wish you sweet dreams and more love, eternally; for the two of you. ;)

:lol: No I'm not by any means:look: . But that made it all the sweeter. Thank you for your well wishes and I wish the same and more for you:kiss:

bLackButtaFly said:
:lol: No I'm not by any means:look: . But that made it all the sweeter. Thank you for your well wishes and I wish the same and more for you:kiss:

:kiss: Right back at you and your sweetheart.

I'm laughing at myself because although my 'Baby' is a big and very strong handsome man (6' tall/over 200 lbs.) and I'm only 5'1", I'm afraid I might break him. :lol:

My "SO" of 7 and 1/2 months is generally not an affectionate person nor does he speak openly of his feelings. Knowing this about him, the following are just a few things that he has done to "show" me he cares that warm my heart.
:kiss:
  • He gave me "Run of His House" - Told me "His" house was "My" house and I could do what I please." I do and he let's me! :grin:
  • He has a Sonicare Elite toothbrush (I didn't know those durn things were so expensive). I use a regular old manual toothbrush. One day, he asked me to come into the bathroom. He whipped out a new package of Sonicare "heads" and said, "these are for you." He took a "head" out of the package and plopped it next to his in the Sonicare stand and said, "the blue one is mine and the gray one is yours." Ladies, this gesture might not seem like a big deal to you but it was a "big deal" coming from him! That was his way of telling me he was committed to me and to our relationship. It was almost like getting engaged! :yep:
  • He is an avid coin collector. He had purchased some just-released proof sets and purchased one for me as a gift. He opened the box when they were delivered, reached inside, pulled the package out and put it in my hand and said, "this is for you." I did the "Ooooh, is this for me?" routine and he was cheezin' so hard, I thought his face would break! :yep:
  • He is a big Wine Enthusiast and has a thing for Cabernets; he only buys and drinks Cabernet. I like Cabernets as well, but I enjoy a nice Pinot Grigio and Champagne, and Bob never had any white wines in his wine cellar and I would bring my own when I wanted some. One day I was over and he asked me to open a bottle of wine for our dinner. I went to the wine cellar and there inside were bottles of my favorite Pinot Grigio and NICE bottles of champage." Awwwww...I thought that was sweet!:yep:
  • For my birthday, he bought me pink roses and when he gave them to me he said, "I overheard you say Pink is your favorite color." I didn't recall saying that whenever he was around, but he was RIGHT! Pink is my favorite color!

My "SO" of 7 and 1/2 months is generally not an affectionate person nor does he speak openly of his feelings. Knowing this about him, the following are just a few things that he has done to "show" me he cares that warm my heart.
:kiss:
  • He gave me "Run of His House" - Told me "His" house was "My" house and I could do what I please." I do and he let's me! :grin:
  • He has a Sonicare Elite toothbrush (I didn't know those durn things were so expensive). I use a regular old manual toothbrush. One day, he asked me to come into the bathroom. He whipped out a new package of Sonicare "heads" and said, "these are for you." He took a "head" out of the package and plopped it next to his in the Sonicare stand and said, "the blue one is mine and the gray one is yours." Ladies, this gesture might not seem like a big deal to you but it was a "big deal" coming from him! That was his way of telling me he was committed to me and to our relationship. It was almost like getting engaged! :yep:
  • He is an avid coin collector. He had purchased some just-released proof sets and purchased one for me as a gift. He opened the box when they were delivered, reached inside, pulled the package out and put it in my hand and said, "this is for you." I did the "Ooooh, is this for me?" routine and he was cheezin' so hard, I thought his face would break! :yep:
  • He is a big Wine Enthusiast and has a thing for Cabernets; he only buys and drinks Cabernet. I like Cabernets as well, but I enjoy a nice Pinot Grigio and Champagne, and Bob never had any white wines in his wine cellar and I would bring my own when I wanted some. One day I was over and he asked me to open a bottle of wine for our dinner. I went to the wine cellar and there inside were bottles of my favorite Pinot Grigio and NICE bottles of champage." Awwwww...I thought that was sweet!:yep:
  • For my birthday, he bought me pink roses and when he gave them to me he said, "I overheard you say Pink is your favorite color." I didn't recall saying that whenever he was around, but he was RIGHT! Pink is my favorite color.
January Noir, your post brings tears to my eyes for several reasons. I can't help but feel the love that this man has for you. And that you chose this thread to share this wonderful 'love story' with us.

January Noir..."Evening Snow" is what I interpret your name to mean. And this is what your 'man' is giving to you. The beauty of 'Evening Snow'. The snow that not everyone sees, but you do. You see, only you are the chosen one that your sweetheart chose to show his heart to. The evening of beautiful you...he chose to snow upon...beautiful snowflakes shaped in love.

The world needs more men like yours. A man unafraid to 'speak' I love you in the most beautiful way of all...'his way'. For then you know it is most sincere; most dear from his heart.

Thank you for sharing this. I wish you both eternal love. :blowkiss:

ETA: The SoniCare Toothbrush... "Now that's Love" :love4:

January Noir, your post brings tears to my eyes for several reasons. I can't help but feel the love that this man has for you. And that you chose this thread to share this wonderful 'love story' with us.

January Noir..."Evening Snow" is what I interpret your name to mean. And this is what your 'man' is giving to you. The beauty of 'Evening Snow'. The snow that not everyone sees, but you do. You see, only you are the chosen one that your sweetheart chose to show his heart to. The evening of beautiful you...he chose to snow upon...beautiful snowflakes shaped in love.

The world needs more men like yours. A man unafraid to 'speak' I love you in the most beautiful way of all...'his way'. For then you know it is most sincere; most dear from his heart.

Thank you for sharing this. I wish you both eternal love. :blowkiss:

ETA: The SoniCare Toothbrush... "Now that's Love" :love4:
Shimmie - YOU are making me cry! Your words are so encouraging and loving. I ALWAYS love hearing from you. Thanks for being YOU on this board. You are are an ANGEL!:angel2:

Shimmie - YOU are making me cry! Your words are so encouraging and loving. I ALWAYS love hearing from you. Thanks for being YOU on this board. You are are an ANGEL!:angel2:
But you know what, "Evening Snow" ;)? It takes a rare and special kind of woman these days to 'see' her man for who he is and not try to conform or make him conform to the 'world's' way of expressing himself.

Your post has convicted my heart to 'see' that a man has to be who he is. You have allowed pride to take a back seat and allow you to view the heart of your man. To look beyond the surface and see who he really is. Men need this. Women do too. But it works both ways if a relationship is going to survive. You have 'guts' and true grit, 'Evening Snow'. You've allowed yourself to be loved by this man, where no other woman allowed him to...yet you did. He is free to release his snowflakes in the evening...upon you. That makes you 'the only one' who gets the benefits. The 'others' missed out.

January Noir...His Evening Snow...which will never melt but live forever. :heart2:

I go past this thread everyday thinking to myself "I wish I had this" but I do.Me and my so have been going through it lately but I know he loves me.
He will text me all the time while at work.
He sometimes gets our son up in the morning so I can sleep in.
He is always supportive with my career and the frustrations I sometimes have.
He will take our son out the house on days I need to sleep(I work overnight on the weekends.
He took me to Florida as a surprise for mothers day (no son:yep:)and he is terrified of planes.
He tries to keep my car clean.
He always fixes my car and does all the car things for me ex.registration/inspection
He takes me places I know he would rather not go.
He is a great father.We had a horrible pregnancy where our son was premature and he was there the whole time learning everything.
He sometimes cooks for me but when he is out he always brings me whatever he has.
He knows my wants and needs and tries to accomplish them for me in all aspects.
He is my best friend.Thats alll for now

I go past this thread everyday thinking to myself "I wish I had this" but I do.Me and my so have been going through it lately but I know he loves me.
He will text me all the time while at work.
He sometimes gets our son up in the morning so I can sleep in.
He is always supportive with my career and the frustrations I sometimes have.
He will take our son out the house on days I need to sleep(I work overnight on the weekends.
He took me to Florida as a surprise for mothers day (no son:yep:)and he is terrified of planes.
He tries to keep my car clean.
He always fixes my car and does all the car things for me ex.registration/inspection
He takes me places I know he would rather not go.
He is a great father.We had a horrible pregnancy where our son was premature and he was there the whole time learning everything.
He sometimes cooks for me but when he is out he always brings me whatever he has.
He knows my wants and needs and tries to accomplish them for me in all aspects.
He is my best friend.Thats alll for now
Treybaby, this is beautiful. :cry3: :luv2:

I'm learning that men have their own ways of being loving and expressing their love to us. At times we think that they should do the same things that 'we' do for them in the same way that we do them. But then, they wouldn't be men, would they? They'd be an imitation of what they are not.

What you are going through is a 'cloud' that has been blocking the sun from shining in your relationship. But it's beautiful that you were able to see through it and make this post of the love he has for you. This cloud will soon pass over and allow you to see even more from the heart of this man who loves you indeed. :yep:

God bless you and your beautiful family... :bighug:

:yep: When I came into this thread I felt an ugh, because sometimes I feel like it won't happen for me, but I am so encouraged now. I also came away with some good scriptures and prayers. I can't wait until I experience love like this. Here is a scripture for all of you:

Jeremiah 29:11 (read until verse 14 more more encouragement :))
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Wow ladies, never thought about my marraige being anything to anyone else. My husband is truely wonderful. Most recently he co-signed for my travel trailer (that I hauled home yesturday, all by myself) and when certain people asked why I needed it he said "This has been one of her dreams since she was a child and if I can do anything to make it come come, that's my responsibility as a husband to provide that". :cry: Brought me to tears, even though that's the same thing I tolds him earlier in the week.:lol:

He sounds like my fiance who I speak to everyday no matter what side of the "pond" (Atlantic Ocean) either one of us are on. He will find someway to get to me several times a day. He is simply a gem and I tell him everyday and we both thank God for one another.

Last edited:
When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else
He'd trade the world
For a good thing he's found
If she is bad, he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend If he puts her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Trying to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comforts
And sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way
It ought to be

When a man loves a woman
I give you everything I've got (yeah)
Trying to hold on
To your precious love
Baby please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Deep down in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she is playing him for a fool
He's the last one to know
Loving eyes can never see

:grin:

I have a wonderful man. I absolutely adore him. My mom and dad love him. He flew to Cincinnati (while I was at work) to set up my mother's computer and service. He is a natural leader, personable, hands on. I praise God everyday for him. He told me he does the same for me...

Before I met him, I prayed that God would send someone that would be everything I prayed for. I moved to Atlanta and found him a week after I had been here, despite everyone feeding negativity to me regarding the men in Atlanta. There are some things that, if I had not been led by God, I would have casted him off, but I listened to Him and I am reaping the benefits!

Whooo! God is good!

I thank you for this. More than you ever know!

My dh is a chef, and anytime they serve one of my favorite foods at work, he tells his staff to set some aside for his wife. He's been doing it so long, they all know what I like now and they just do it automatically. I love seeing him walk through the door with a plate full of tiramisu with my name written across the foil. :D

The other day, he came home from work and I was exhausted from dealing with the kids, so he told me to take a nap. When I was asleep, he packed the kids up and left so that I could have the house to myself.

I love that he doesn't complain when the house is messy or when I don't look my best when he gets home. I know he doesn't expect me to be superwoman, and that makes me feel so secure. That even makes me WANT to be superwoman for him because I appreciate his acceptance of me.

I love that I catch him staring at me, and he doesn't even try to look away.

I love that he sends me little emails during the day.

My favorite thing that he does would have to be ironing my clothes. I SUCK at ironing, and he knows it lol. When we're going out, he'll ask me what I'm wearing and then get it and iron it without me even asking.:grin:

I can iron really good but HATE it! My fiance is like this too.

it's the little things that matter to me:
- holds my hand in public places
- opens doors for me and car doors
- sincere : he will go out of his way to show that he cares (ex. if I left something in the car he will go and get it for me and take me out to eat if I'm hungry)
- sensitive : I can talk to him about my feelings and open up to him
- takes care of his mamma
why is this thread making me so emotional :cry3: :blush:

I forgot to add these things along with being a great listener, being compassionate, not only do I open up but he is very open with me, he sings to me (Lord, really he can't sing but he really enjoys doing so (lol))How can I forget! He prays for me and with me and he emails or text me scriptures! Never had I had this before. And the scriptures are always timely.

When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else
He'd trade the world
For a good thing he's found
If she is bad, he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend If he puts her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Trying to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comforts
And sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way
It ought to be

When a man loves a woman
I give you everything I've got (yeah)
Trying to hold on
To your precious love
Baby please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Deep down in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she is playing him for a fool
He's the last one to know
Loving eyes can never see

:grin:
Loving eyes can never see...:love4:

I forgot to add these things along with being a great listener, being compassionate, not only do I open up but he is very open with me, he sings to me (Lord, really he can't sing but he really enjoys doing so (lol))How can I forget! He prays for me and with me and he emails or text me scriptures! Never had I had this before. And the scriptures are always timely.

A man in 'season', no rhymn or reason; he simply love you with all of his heart. :luv2:

:yep: When I came into this thread I felt an ugh, because sometimes I feel like it won't happen for me, but I am so encouraged now. I also came away with some good scriptures and prayers. I can't wait until I experience love like this. Here is a scripture for all of you:

Jeremiah 29:11 (read until verse 14 more more encouragement :))
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Raenababy...for this I set myself in full agreement for your joy to be fully fulfiilled in a happy and eternal marriage born of God our Father in Heaven...

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD:
and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD.

God bless you... :blowkiss:

My SO shows his love for me by being my "gentleman". He's the most caring/loving man I have ever been with.
Now this he says from time to time and he seems to beam when he says ...In loving you, I feel more like a gentleman". It is almost like it equates to the Aretha Franklin song "Natural Woman". He's just beautiful.

Two weeks ago, I was having a 'bad' day and I was very 'worn out.' That morning all I was able to say to him were these two words, "Nurture me"... :cry3:

He gave me a 'Special Day' of love and attention. What made it so special is that his work schedule has been extremely hectic and yet he took time out just to Nurture me. He filled every moment of that day with love; he sent me several messages and the one that really made me cry was this one...

"You can lean your head on my shoulders, because you aren't alone."

This one made me smile...

"I love you with all of my heart; did you know that every time I listen to classical music, I think of you?"

"I wish I could rain rose petals down upon you. Maybe you will allow me the pleasure of a Dance. I've always Dreamed of Dancing with you under the stars."

He even put the caps on the words Dance and Dream the same as I do in all of my written messages. "He remembered and he was acknowledging that he knows how much Dancing means to me." :yep:

He sends me messages everyday to brighten up my mornings. :blush:

On my way to work the other morning, he sent me this one that kept me going throughout the entire day for things have been pretty stressful at work.

"Good morning Baby, I wanted to be the first person today to tell you that "I love you"...

All I can do is thank God for him; for he is truly a gift to my heart and to my life.

And Dearest Father God, who art in Heaven, I truly do thank you for this man's life and his love. I love you, Lord Jesus. In your Holy name name, Amen.

Last edited:
A man in 'season', no rhymn or reason; he simply love you with all of his heart. :luv2:

Shimmie, that he really does and I thank god every single day. Thank you, Dlewis and all of the other ladies for being an inspiration and for starting this thread it is refreshing and encouraging. And I did send him a letter tellling everything I loved about him...there just sooooo many.

My husband does a lot for me, but the one thing I want to share is that he delivers my newspapers for me every Sunday. I know that doesn't sound like much, but he works full time and only has the weekend off. But since I work every day no matter what, he has been getting up at 130 am every Sunday Morning and delivering for me so I can have a day off during the week. I know he's exhausted from his own job, but he cares enough about me to do this every single week. He must really love me.:grin:

I too have been blessed to find that special black man. My husband is so loving and caring. When ever I don't feel my best or up to cooking he's always in the kitchen trying really hard to cook like me, and even if the food is over seasoned I always tell him it's great. He's a people person, everyone loves him, especially me:look:

Shimmie, that he really does and I thank god every single day. Thank you, Dlewis and all of the other ladies for being an inspiration and for starting this thread it is refreshing and encouraging. And I did send him a letter tellling everything I loved about him...there just sooooo many.
With so many 'negative' views about 'our men', it's an honor to cherish them with every living moment that God give us to love them.

I'm glad you wrote him a letter. :yep: Men need that inspiration to know that they are appreciated; especially in this day and time when so much hatred and anger exists in the times we live in.

God bless you and your sweetheart forever...Amen.

I too have been blessed to find that special black man. My husband is so loving and caring. When ever I don't feel my best or up to cooking he's always in the kitchen trying really hard to cook like me, and even if the food is over seasoned I always tell him it's great. He's a people person, everyone loves him, especially me:look:
I'm glad he's Black for many reasons. But especially because it dispells the lie that are no 'good' Black men...There are good Black men and I'm proud of it and I love them all.

Other races are fine too. I don't have any issues on Interracial relationships; they are beautiful and a gift from God.

But I cherish the Black man who is able to withstand all of me. Cause' I'm a piece of work...:lol: Indeed I am. :yep:

God bless your marriage precious angel. ;)

My husband does a lot for me, but the one thing I want to share is that he delivers my newspapers for me every Sunday. I know that doesn't sound like much, but he works full time and only has the weekend off. But since I work every day no matter what, he has been getting up at 130 am every Sunday Morning and delivering for me so I can have a day off during the week. I know he's exhausted from his own job, but he cares enough about me to do this every single week. He must really love me.:grin:
Ths made me cry :cry3: It's so warm; so loving; so beautiful. I would write a book about him entitled, "He delivers His Love on Sunday Morning."

Ms_Jennifer, I wish you and your husband, "Sunday's" everyday of your life. And that you will always continue to grow, prosper in love with each other, for always. Give your husband a great big hug for me. And tell him I said 'thank you' for loving you so much. He's really pretty special indeed.

God bless you both...eternally.

:bighug:

:love:
Awwwww....

My SO is extremely thoughtful:

-Takes my car to the gas station, so I dont have to (I hate to pump gas)

-Washes my clothes (That b/c he claims "I dont put the detergent in correctly and the clothes dont get clean)

-Send me texts, vm and pictures throughout the day

-If I mention casually that I like something (within reason), it suddenly appears!

-Supports my hair addiction...financially and emotionally!

-On the weekends I have to work, he will come down for my thirty minute lunch and order my food at at neighboring restaurant. When I arrive, my food is already there and I eat (quickly) so we can eat dinner/lunch together.

-Knows I cant stand Applebee's and doesnt try to make me go! (He loves Applebee's)

You have a wonderful boyfriend, the bolded is such ablessing, marry this man at the first opportunity!!!!:clapping::love3::yep:

I haven't been able to read the entire thread AND I am not currently in a relationship. But I have never felt more adored than when one of my ex's kissed me when he thought I was asleep. I can't explain it, but it made me feel so beautiful.

Back