When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

MissJ said:
Can the person show that he "loves" you, but then at other times show the he kind of hates you? :look:

I don't know about hate, but you can be disliked and loved at the same time. My ex and I had a very love/dislike relationship. Like the differences about one another were what we loved and what we couldn't stand. But I never felt like he didn't love me still we were just not so compatible.
The sweetest thing my ex did is my very estranged father got sick and we thought he wasn't going to make it. When I told him he just listened turned to me and said when are we leaving. a week later we packed his car and drove from NYC to pittburgh for a two day trip so I could see him and make peace. I was a mess the whole time first by snapping at him while we were driving then when we got there he was the only one i could cry on and he was just my tower of strength through the whole thing. He is the reason I have a relationsip with my father now. Wihtout him I probably wouldn't have gone. And afterwards I kept telling him how thankful I was and how I never could properly thank him for what he did and what it meant to me, and one day he was like I should thank you for coming into my life, and for letting me spend all that time with you, I love you , there was no where I'd rather be.:eek:
Things didn't work out, but it cemented for me that when you stick w/ God he will put people in your life to help you, and get you through those rough times. He never leaves you alone. Just a wonderful memory.:)

There are some real gems in this thread. I hope that this provides encouragement for anyone eager to find "Mr. Right." Be patient...God has a plan.

Here's my contribution. After more than 22 years together, we've amassed a lengthy history. We can literally grunt and the other will know exactly what was meant by it. :lachen:

Here are a few things because there are way to many to list:

-He'll drive 20+ miles to my office and clean the snow off of my car when we have snowstorms.

-He will bring me dinner sometimes when I have to work late.

-He rubs my legs when they need rubbing. - It's one of the TOM things.

-When I'm cold, he lets me put my cold feet on him until they warm up, even though he's probably cold too.

-He'll hop in the shower with me and wash my hair if I ask him.

-He lets me lay my greasy, oil soaked head on his pillow when I'm taking a nap.

-He let me have his beloved MSU Track t-shirt even though it was his last one.

-He knows my favorite flower is the Stargazer Lily so whenever he sees them in Costco, he'll buy a bouquet for me. He's also good about bringing me flowers in general.

-When he's out in the evening, he calls to let me know he is on his way and asks if there's anything I need/want while he is out.

-He has done nothing but encourage my ascent up the corporate ladder and listens rather than advises when I'm having a bad time at work. Too often men want to fix/repair/advise when women need to talk. He understands the value of listening.

-He admits when I am right. :lol:

This is a really nice thread, Shimmie.:) When you've been married for years it gets really easy to take a lot of the sweet little things your husband does for granted. It's good to remind yourself and acknowledge them every do often.

DH is great. He almost never drinks (he might have literally one sip of champagne on New Years Eve or after the birth of a child but that's it) but he's made a point to learn and rememberer the wines I like and he picks them up for me frequently.

After the kids are asleep I like to have a long bath and enjoy the silence. He draws the bath for me and leaves my robe and socks in the bathroom within easy reach. Then he'll come to me (usually while I'm on LHCF) and say "Your bath is ready, my lady." :lol:

He knows the kind of lingerie I like and he has no qualms about going into a woman's store to buy it and bring it home to surprise me.

When he sees I'm working on something or I just need so quiet time he rounds up the kids (including the baby) and the diaper bag and takes them off to the movies or the park for a few hours. There's just something about seeing my long haired "rocker" husband with a diaper bag over his shoulder and the baby riding piggy-back that makes me melt. :)

He just stops what he's doing sometimes to look at me and then say"You're so beautiful, I can't believe you're with me."

He begs to wash my hair when we shower together.

He always makes sure the gas tank is full in my minivan.

When we're both working in the shop and I come into the back with paperwork or to tell the guys something, he grabs me around the waist and kisses me right on the lips in front of them and doesn't mind the hooting and whistling.:look: :lol:

He never tells me what to do and he seeks my advice and opinion on everything important.

He encourages me to spend time with my girlfriend, go out to concerts, go shopping, attend rituals... He says, "When you come back from hanging out with A*** I can see how happy you are and that makes me feel good."

He's protective but not possessive of me in public.

When we cuddle in bed "afterward" and he tells me "You're a goddess. I don't deserve you."

And best of all, he shares my love of French Silk pie and he picks one up from the bakery a few times a month. He lets me eat most of it too!:lol:

Last edited:
camellia said:
This is a really nice thread, Shimmie.:) When you've been married for years it gets really easy to take a lot of the sweet little things your husband does for granted. It's good to remind yourself and acknowledge them every do often.

DH is great. He almost never drinks (he might have literally one sip of champagne on New Years Eve or after the birth of a child but that's it) but he's made a point to learn and rememberer the wines I like and he picks them up for me frequently.

After the kids are asleep I like to have a long bath and enjoy the silence. He draws the bath for me and leaves my robe and socks in the bathroom within easy reach. Then he'll come to me (usually while I'm on LHCF) and say "Your bath is ready, my lady." :lol:

He knows the kind of lingerie I like and he has no qualms about going into a woman's store to buy it and bring it home to surprise me.

When he sees I'm working on something or I just need so quiet time he rounds up the kids (including the baby) and the diaper bag and takes them off to the movies or the park for a few hours. There's just something about seeing my long haired "rocker" husband with a diaper bag over his shoulder and the baby riding piggy-back that makes me melt. :)

He just stops what he's doing sometimes to look at me and then say"You're so beautiful, I can't believe you're with me."

He begs to wash my hair when we shower together.

He always makes sure the gas tank is full in my minivan.

When we're both working in the shop and I come into the back with paperwork or to tell the guys something, he grabs me around the waist and kisses me right on the lips in front of them and doesn't mind the hooting and whistling.:look: :lol:

He never tells me what to do and he seeks my advice and opinion on everything important.

He encourages me to spend time with my girlfriend, go out to concerts, go shopping, attend rituals... He says, "When you come back from hanging out with A*** I can see how happy you are and that makes me feel good."

He's protective but not possessive of me in public.

When we cuddle in bed "afterward" and he tells me "You're a goddess. I don't deserve you."

And best of all, he shares my love of French Silk pie and he picks one up from the bakery a few times a month. He lets me eat most of it too!:lol:

:cry: Cami...this is special...

He remembers your favorite things and gets them for you.

He brings your 'socks' into the bathroom (now that's love...keeping your feetsies' nice and cozy ;) ).

He buys you lingerie :cry3:

He shows affection for you publicly without hesitation; he protects you.

He loves your hair... :yep:

He respects your opinions/values your input and decisions

He brings you silk pie... :cry: and lets you eat most of it.

He cuddles :lol:

He loves you..........indeed :yep:

This is beautiful and thank you so much for sharing and adding more beauty to this thread. ;).

Home Assignment for all of the Ladies...

You are hereby required to copy and paste your individual replies onto beautiful stationary and present them to your husband.

Roll it up like a scroll, tie a pretty ribbon around it and place it on his pillow.

AND.... each day, text him and/or leave him a voice mail that says, 'Thank you' for each of these wonderful loving things he does for you. Oh and let them be one at a time. Don't text or v-mail them all at once. Add some mystery and spice to your texting/messaging.

Okay, Ladies... do I have your cooperation? Let's begin expressing your appreciation to each of your wonderful men. He will love it.

Oh...on the v-mails...make your voices soft and warm and 'you know' sexy. Just say, "Hey Baby, you were a very hot topic today...guess what I said about you...? " :spinning:

Get his mind going on speed dial. :lol:

Blessings ladies to each of you and your loved one...

bLackButtaFly said:
I don't know about hate, but you can be disliked and loved at the same time. My ex and I had a very love/dislike relationship. Like the differences about one another were what we loved and what we couldn't stand. But I never felt like he didn't love me still we were just not so compatible.
The sweetest thing my ex did is my very estranged father got sick and we thought he wasn't going to make it. When I told him he just listened turned to me and said when are we leaving. a week later we packed his car and drove from NYC to pittburgh for a two day trip so I could see him and make peace. I was a mess the whole time first by snapping at him while we were driving then when we got there he was the only one i could cry on and he was just my tower of strength through the whole thing. He is the reason I have a relationsip with my father now. Wihtout him I probably wouldn't have gone. And afterwards I kept telling him how thankful I was and how I never could properly thank him for what he did and what it meant to me, and one day he was like I should thank you for coming into my life, and for letting me spend all that time with you, I love you , there was no where I'd rather be.:eek:
Things didn't work out, but it cemented for me that when you stick w/ God he will put people in your life to help you, and get you through those rough times. He never leaves you alone. Just a wonderful memory.:)

:cry: Now I am a real sap for sure.... this is a beautiful story to share. Thank you so much.

If the two of you are not 'involved' with anyone, put this post in a card and tell him, 'thanks again..'

See how God leads.

God bless you. ;)

OneShinyface said:
There are some real gems in this thread. I hope that this provides encouragement for anyone eager to find "Mr. Right." Be patient...God has a plan.

Here's my contribution. After more than 22 years together, we've amassed a lengthy history. We can literally grunt and the other will know exactly what was meant by it. :lachen:

Here are a few things because there are way to many to list:

-He'll drive 20+ miles to my office and clean the snow off of my car when we have snowstorms.

-He will bring me dinner sometimes when I have to work late.

-He rubs my legs when they need rubbing. - It's one of the TOM things.

-When I'm cold, he lets me put my cold feet on him until they warm up, even though he's probably cold too.

-He'll hop in the shower with me and wash my hair if I ask him.

-He let me have his beloved MSU Track t-shirt even though it was his last one.

-He knows my favorite flower is the Stargazer Lily so whenever he sees them in Costco, he'll buy a bouquet for me. He's also good about bringing me flowers in general.

-When he's out in the evening, he calls to let me know he is on his way and asks if there's anything I need/want while he is out.

-He has done nothing but encourage my ascent up the corporate ladder and listens rather than advises when I'm having a bad time at work. Too often men want to fix/repair/advise when women need to talk. He understands the value of listening.

-He admits when I am right. :lol:

Now see, I'm really crying over this one :cry:

And he warms up your footsies... ;) (Awwwww, I'm swooning) :blush:

OH he's just too special... :yep:

God bless both of you, angel ;)

Dh always kisses me on his way out the door.
He kisses me when he returns.
He once pushed out a dent that was in my car's roof courtesy of some idiot.
Sometimes he writes me letters.
He tells me my hair is purty.:D

Last edited:
Okay I'm seriously sobbing now:cry2:. This is my new favorite thread. What encouragement for the single ladies out there like myself to wait on the Lord. I'm all excited!!

Things I love about my hubby:

1. He cooks most of the time.
  2. Due to my work, I entertain a lot, he has no problem being the host.
  3. He helps our son with homework
  4. When I have had a tough day, he massages my back and/or feet
  5. He always tells me how cute I am
  6. He makes dvd pictures for my grandparents, so they can experience our travel.
  7. When we were in the states, he would go help my grandparents without me asking.
  8. You know, even though he can grate my nerves at times, he is a thoughtful and caring man!!! I do appreciate having him in my life!

My SO shows his love for me by being my "gentleman". He's the most caring/loving man I have ever been with.

I haven't opened a door since our very first date. :lol: He always opens doors, including my car door...whether I'm the driver or passenger. And will get mad at me if I try to open them for myself.

He pulls out all of my chairs when we are seated...even at home.

He stands everytime I leave or enter a room or rise and return to a table.

When we are out together, he automatically reaches for & holds my hand.

Since we've been together, my first "name" has either been "baby", "sweetheart", "munchkin", "little one"...& I love it!!! Hmmmm, I wonder if he even remembers my REAL first name? :lol:

He's very quick to compliment & slow to criticize.

When I am in pain or just not feeling well, he takes complete care of me.

He reminds me to take my medicine on time & accompanies me to my doctor appointments.

He says "I love you" after every phone conversation & in every text message or email.

He writes me poetry or songs almost every day.

As I am falling asleep at night, I hear him whispering how much he loves me. (I pretend to be asleep most nights just to hear his whispers. :Blush2: )
...and he won't fall asleep without some part of his body touching mine. Even if it's just his foot against mine.

When it is raining or there's bad weather and we're both stuck inside, he puts on music & slow dances with me in the middle of the bedroom.

He reminds me, everyday, that he's there for me when I need him, but also understands that I need a little "me-time" every now and then.

He's respectful & loving to our families.

He is encouraging of my further educational studies & career pursuits.

He takes my face in his hands & tells me that I'm beautiful.

What a lovely thread! Here's what my DH does for me:
  1. We both work from home, so he protects me from people (usually family) who don't respect my time.
  2. He cooks lunch for us every day.
  3. He lets me slide my cold feet under his leg when we're on the sofa watching TV.
  4. Every week he checks my car's tire pressure and oil.
  5. When I had food poisoning and was sick from both ends, he cleaned me up and held me while I cried.
  6. He calls me his Bunny - but never around other people 'cause that's private.
  7. He puts his index finger on the tip of my nose and say "Bink!" (It's so corny but it makes me smile every time.)
  8. He knows the day I'm going to get my period. Without my asking he brings home:
1 bottle of sauvignon blanc
1 pint of Ben & Jerry's
1 box of tampons (whichever one I'm low on)​

I need to go give him a big kiss right now. :)

just_DSP said:
What a lovely thread! Here's what my DH does for me:
  1. We both work from home, so he protects me from people (usually family) who don't respect my time.
  2. He cooks lunch for us every day.
  3. He lets me slide my cold feet under his leg when we're on the sofa watching TV.
  4. Every week he checks my car's tire pressure and oil.
  5. When I had food poisoning and was sick from both ends, he cleaned me up and held me while I cried.
  6. He calls me his Bunny - but never around other people 'cause that's private.
  7. He puts his index finger on the tip of my nose and say "Bink!" (It's so corny but it makes me smile every time.)
  8. He knows the day I'm going to get my period. Without my asking he brings home:
1 bottle of sauvignon blanc
1 pint of Ben & Jerry's
1 box of tampons (whichever one I'm low on)​

I need to go give him a big kiss right now. :)

Awww, you know it's love when your man buys you tampons without being asked!:D

Oh I love this thread more and more...

May I share this about a special friend of mine? We're currently long distance, but you'd never think it.

He will text me early in the morning and call me "Sunshine", Shining Light, or Sweet Lady.

He calls me in the mornings before I leave for work to check on me and wish me a good day.

We send texts throughout the day. He always answers me right away.

When I'm misbehaving and he's admonishing me about something, he always calls me "Young Lady."

He made my birthday very special...he 'remembered' --

He also went 'shopping' with me on my birthday (via cell phone) and he stayed with me the entire time that I was oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over everything I saw. That was the best time I ever had with any man...because he didn't mind. He had just as much fun as I did.

Even though he's very busy, He calls me 'just because'...

He will call each of my phone numbers until he reaches me just to make sure I'm okay. (I travel alot).

He makes me laugh... a lot.

He lets me be me (and I'm a full load to handle sometimes).

He always apologizes to me...when I'm wrong. (Note: Ladies in case you didn't know, I can be a bit much sometimes :rolleyes:). But he always takes the blame.

He puts up with my tears and he always tries to make things better.

He never ends a call without saying "I love you."

He calls me 'Baby" :lol:

I have more, but I'm going to place these on a card for him with a pretty ribbon on it, and send it to him. For it's the 'little things' that mean so much... ;)

Shimmie said:
Oh I love this thread more and more...

May I share this about a special friend of mine? We're currently long distance, but you'd never think it.

He will text me early in the morning and call me "Sunshine", Shining Light, or Sweet Lady.

He calls me in the mornings before I leave for work to check on me and wish me a good day.

We send texts throughout the day. He always answers me right away.

When I'm misbehaving and he's admonishing me about something, he always calls me "Young Lady."

He made my birthday very special...he 'remembered' --

He also went 'shopping' with me on my birthday (via cell phone) and he stayed with me the entire time that I was oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over everything I saw. That was the best time I ever had with any man...because he didn't mind. He had just as much fun as I did.

Even though he's very busy, He calls me 'just because'...

He will call each of my phone numbers until he reaches me just to make sure I'm okay. (I travel alot).

He makes me laugh... a lot.

He lets me be me (and I'm a full load to handle sometimes).

He always apologizes to me...when I'm wrong. (Note: Ladies in case you didn't know, I can be a bit much sometimes :rolleyes:). But he always takes the blame.

He puts up with my tears and he always tries to make things better.

He never ends a call without saying "I love you."

He calls me 'Baby" :lol:

I have more, but I'm going to place these on a card for him with a pretty ribbon on it, and send it to him. For it's the 'little things' that mean so much... ;)

That is so sweet! And funny too! He went "shopping" over the phone! :D

My husband is the most wonderful husband in the world! He loves me soooooo much and everyone knows it. I once told him that he really loved me too much. Until I realized that it was that agape love that Paul speaks of in the scriptures. I can remember praying for God to send someone to love me after I divorced. Well, I'll just say, be careful what you ask God for. He puts me above himself. If you hurt me you've hurt him. He cooks for me, does laundry for me, rub my feet when I get home from work, runs my bath water, sends me flowers, clean house, make sure the yard it done, upkeeps my car. He's a wonderful provider. Oh! and don't let me be a little sick. He takes wonderul care of me. He about to build my dream home (our dream home) to share the rest of our life together. He has totally spoiled me! He's a very affectionate, passionate person. I travel 50 min to work by car and he calls me every morning to make sure I'm there safely. I have truly been blessed to have such a wonderful husband and I love him dearly! This is when a man loves a woman!

Last edited:
camellia said:
That is so sweet! And funny too! He went "shopping" over the phone! :D

:yep: :lol: Yes. It was the best time I ever had. He promised to spend my birthday with me and that he would call me throughout the day and he did.

And Cami....'come here'; I have to whisper this :sekret:

I was at Macy's and while I was shopping in the 'girl's only' section; where all the lace is ... he was a perfect gentleman. :D

Men, gotta love em'...

janeemat said:
My husband is the most wonderful husband in the world! He loves me soooooo much and everyone knows it. I once told him that he really loved me too much. Until I realized that it was that agape love that Paul speaks of in the scriptures.

I can remember praying for God to send someone to love me after I divorced.

Well, I'll just say, be careful what you ask God for. He puts me above himself. If you hurt me you've hurt him.

He cooks for me, does laundry for me, rub my feet when I get home from work, runs my bath water, sends me flowers, clean house, make sure the yard it done, upkeeps my car. He's a wonderful provider. Oh! and don't let me be a little sick. He takes wonderul care of me. He about to build my dream home (our dream home) to share the rest of our life together. He has totally spoiled me! He's a very affectionate, passionate person. I travel 50 min to work by car and he calls me every morning to make sure I'm there safely.

I have truly been blessed to have such a wonderful husband and I love him dearly! This is when a man loves a woman!

This is a beautiful testimony. I am so happy for you and I pray that these blessings will only flourish with more and more love.

I love our men... (I'm speaking ALL men; all colors; all cultures). But I'm so happy to see so much positive being shared about good Black men who love their women.

Again, I wish you abundant blessings upon your and your husbanda and family.

janeemat said:
My husband is the most wonderful husband in the world! He loves me soooooo much and everyone knows it. I once told him that he really loved me too much. Until I realized that it was that agape love that Paul speaks of in the scriptures. I can remember praying for God to send someone to love me after I divorced. Well, I'll just say, be careful what you ask God for. He puts me above himself. If you hurt me you've hurt him. He cooks for me, does laundry for me, rub my feet when I get home from work, runs my bath water, sends me flowers, clean house, make sure the yard it done, upkeeps my car. He's a wonderful provider. Oh! and don't let me be a little sick. He takes wonderul care of me. He about to build my dream home (our dream home) to share the rest of our life together. He has totally spoiled me! He's a very affectionate, passionate person. I travel 50 min to work by car and he calls me every morning to make sure I'm there safely. I have truly been blessed to have such a wonderful husband and I love him dearly! This is when a man loves a woman!

That's really special. I pray that for every woman.

I will always cherish this moment:

First of all, we're 'new'...still learning each other; yet he has this wonderful intuition about me when I'm sad about something.

This past New Years Eve, I was home with my family in Florida. I had spent the entire Christmas holiday there with my family and had so much fun. I had just kissed my 'babies' good night and I was finishing my laundry and packing to leave and I started to cry.

He was thinking about me at that very same time. I shared with him how sad I was and his response was...

"I was just thinking about you and I'm so glad that I was here for you to come to. I guess my shoulders are big enough for you to cry on."

At that time, he hardly 'knew' me and he said that... :cry3:

He's been sensitive to my 'moods' ever since. ;) I love this 'getting to know each other' phase that we are in. He makes every moment a very, very special one.

I am loving this thread! It reminds me of all the wonderful things that come with relationships/marriage that I have to look forward to.

Here's another cute one...

During the episode with Don Imus ("Nappy Headed...." comment), we were talking and sharing our views about the incident.

I was talking about my hair and I playfully asked him would he 'grease my scalp.' :lol:

The thing is, he seriously said, "Of course I would. I'd just get you nice and comfortable on a pillow on the floor, turn something good on the TV for you, get the comb and the brush and tenderly grease your scalp for you."

I was only kidding when I asked him, (I was actually being 'silly') but I was so touched by his sincerity; as he thought I really needed to have it done.

I'm sending him 'hugs' right now....

He's so 'tweet'.... :yep:

My s/o and I are going through a rough spot and had an arguement last night. We're currently long distance and both of our lives are stressful and we've sadly allowed that to affect us. I know it's nothing but the devil trying again to steal our joy because I KNOW something big is on the horizon for both of us. But looking at this thread completely inspired me to take my focus on the fact that we argued and got upset at each other to how amazing he really is to me.

1.Most importantly, loves God with all his heart, has faith in the TRUE meaning of living by Christian values and won't sugar coat it or use the excuse that "We're young so we don't have to live that holy right now, let's wait till we're older and have our fun." That's what bound us in the very beginning.

2.Makes me feel like the most wonderful, beautiful girl in the world and constantly, constantly vocalizes it. We could be talking about the latest current event and he'd just exclaim "God, you're so beautiful. How did I end up with you?"

3.Talks about me to complete strangers; I wouldn't be surprised if I go to Missouri and some odd person says "Well, you must be Janelle!" He's in such a racist area, too and has NO problem telling people "Yeah, she's black, you've got a problem with it?"

4.Is very protective of me and our relationship and values it though we're so far away right now.

5.Is a hard worker, got injured at the job 3 weeks ago to the point of coughing up blood. ANd THEN WENT BACK TO WORK THE NEXT DAY FOR ANOTHER WEEK AFTER THAT! I got so angry and asked him why he even pushed himself that far and he said "Because I don't ever want you and our future children to be at a want for anything. I have to keep working!" He hates doctors and is the kind of person who would "let time heal it" but went to the doctor the next day to get it checked out because I was so worried and he wanted to let me know he was just fine (it was a muscle strain in his abdomen and he was advised to rest for a week and a half) He also promised me that he won't ever push himself that far for any job because it just isn't worth it. He quit and has something new as of today!:D

6.Is concerned about me and my feelings, even to the point of annoying me about it. "Are you ok? Are you sure you're ok? Is there anything I can do for you?" But I always tell him I'm thankful, because some people wouldn't even care.

7.Takes pictures for me and emails them to me even when he feels he doesn't look his best. :)

8. We talk on the phone and email and talk via instant messenger, but he still sends me letters and sprays it with his current cologne so I can have something tangible of him. He keeps mine under his pillow so he can have my scent, too. He also hugs that same pillow, pretending it's me.

9.We KNOW how we love our hair and yes, men can love theirs too! He used to have gorgeous, shiny, HEALTHY back length hair which he cherished and started growing out at 17 as a rebellion to his mum who always shaved his head as a child (don't ask, I don't know what her issue was, either.) Last year, he was given the potential of getting a new job but the downside was, he had to cut all his hair off. He wanted to bring in more income "for us and our future" so he cut his cherished hair off to neck length. He didn't get the job. I felt so badly because I know how much he loved his hair, but he said "Our happiness is worth more than my hair ever was."

8.Ran up the phonebill just so we could keep out line of communication open when I wasn't able to afford a cell phone...and doesn't regret one minute of it and told me "This is a reflection of how much we love each other, even when we're apart."

9.Resists even the most gorgeous women and then tells me how stupid they are for even trying because he's already got the one person he loves and how could they compete with the most beautiful thing in the world? We're apart and I have no fear that he's not being faithful to me. And he has no fear about me being faithful either. God gave us that trust.

10.Severed ties with a close family member because that family just got married and he found out the day before that family member's wedding that he had another girlfriend elsewhere and he cheats because "Guys have needs." He told me "I don't care how close I was to them, I'm so far away from you now that bringing that mess to me is a giant disrespect to everything I value." He'd rather bring himself out of a situation than sit and even GIVE a way for him to be affected and take in their negative ways. He's like Joseph to me. <3333

11. When I turn my cam on, he would sit there on his for minutes on end and stare at me so lovingly and would type to me "How did I end up with someone so beautiful, inside and out?"

12.Loves to read the Song of Solomon with me. <333

13.His family tries to put ideas into his head that I'm in N.Y being unfaithful to him and he doesn't even bat his eye at it because he "knows the woman God gave him."

14.Respects me and my body and our faith in God. He knows that I'm a virgin and he...well, he had a "past" and since we got together, even though we can't be "together" in any sexual way, he's never pressured me, and constantly praises me for cherishing my body like a temple. I expressed fears to him about feeling bad after we're married because I didn't know how I'd measure up to those who he'd been with in the past since I had NO experience and worried about not being able to please him like he'd experienced before and all he always tells me he has no doubt how amazing our love life will be because simply "It's you. No one commands my heart and well...other areas like you do. And no one ever has or ever will come close."

15.Constanly praises my work and tells me how amazing of a writer and artist I am.

Omg, I'm talking too much. I didn't think I'd get started and keep going, but I have so much more to post! But Shimmy, God BLESS you, because you have no idea how starting this thread has blessed me, my heart and my relationship. I feel so motivated now to just say "You know what? I've got a good, no, a GREAT thing and a great man who works so hard for me and lets nothing get between us and would fight tooth and nail should anyone disrespect me." I will send him this list today.

You ladies who have posted have wonderful men in your lives. It's so beautiful, I was in tears! I'm surrounded by all my girlfriends who take all of this CRAP from guys with the baby momma dramas and the guys treating them like crap when they're around their friends but would treat them like queens when they are alone and all of that nonsense. Things like that make it so hard to consider that wonderful men are out there, and I would be hard pressed too, if I didn't have one myself. And those who are reading, even if you are in a rough spot with yours, every relationship has them. Don't ever let that overshadow how wonderful he really is to you...unless he is treating you BADLY, then you LEAVE and heal and THEN GET YOURS!:lachen:

I will also show one of my girlfriends this thread. She does the "Yeah, right." When I tell her how wonderful my S/O is because she's never experienced that kind of male love...and then tells me I'm one of the "lucky few" But I will show her that yes, GOOD MEN are out there and THESE WOMEN are being treated how we SHOULD be treated and that she needs to drop that fool he has, pregnant or not, and settle for nothing less than being treated like a QUEEN!!~
~*Janelle~*

Back