When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

MissJ said:
Can the person show that he "loves" you, but then at other times show the he kind of hates you? :look:
He's having PMS...:look:

But seriously, men can be in moods or having bouts of self-doubt. I have a prayer for this that won't miss.

"Lord, give this man a heart like yours; full of love and peace. And show me how to 'be' with and 'for' him and whatever the issues are; from them he'll be released. In Jesus' name, Amen. "

(((( hugs ))) to both of you, Ms. J. ;)

lauren450 said:
My dh is a chef, and anytime they serve one of my favorite foods at work, he tells his staff to set some aside for his wife. He's been doing it so long, they all know what I like now and they just do it automatically. I love seeing him walk through the door with a plate full of tiramisu with my name written across the foil. :D

The other day, he came home from work and I was exhausted from dealing with the kids, so he told me to take a nap. When I was asleep, he packed the kids up and left so that I could have the house to myself.

I love that he doesn't complain when the house is messy or when I don't look my best when he gets home. I know he doesn't expect me to be superwoman, and that makes me feel so secure. That even makes me WANT to be superwoman for him because I appreciate his acceptance of me.

I love that I catch him staring at me, and he doesn't even try to look away.

I love that he sends me little emails during the day.

My favorite thing that he does would have to be ironing my clothes. I SUCK at ironing, and he knows it lol. When we're going out, he'll ask me what I'm wearing and then get it and iron it without me even asking.:grin:

Awwwwwww, :cry:

Lauren, you know what's really special about the food he brings home?

Your 'name' is on it. He wrote your name on it; meaning that it is dedicated exclusively for you.

He irons for you :cry:

He stares at you :cry:

He gives you 'me' time :cry:

He loves you... :cry:

I thank God that the two of you will abound and increase in love towards one another...for always. Amen :rosebud:

Mom23 said:
I love my hubby so much. Some of the things he does for me:

Every morning before he leaves for work he says Good Morning beautiful, I love you and will talk to you soon.

Calls me throughout the day just to say "Hi" and let me know he loves me.

Gets our youngest in and out of the bath when I am tired by the end of the day.

Sends/brings me flowers just because. :)

Tells me I am the best Mom/Wife in the world.

Always tells me he believes in me, no matter what, he believes I can do it and he is the best encourager.

Buys me Dove/Godiva chocolates. :lol: (I love the stuff, but I am trying to work on my body)

He does so much more, but I'll stop here. ;)

Awwwww Gee whiz...you have an angel Mom23.

He buys you both Dove and Godiva chocolates :cry: Now see, here's a man that lets you enjoy your way to the gym...:yep: Ohhhhh, God love him...

The marriage blessings I pry for you are in Psalm 23..."He prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies."

You see while others were waiting and watching for your marriage to fail, God said no; they will only see the eternal blessings; for I have kept them as the apple of mine eye...fully protected, eternally.

Stay happy, angel....;)

Shimmie said:
Awwwww Gee whiz...you have an angel Mom23.

He buys you both Dove and Godiva chocolates :cry: Now see, here's a man that lets you enjoy your way to the gym...:yep: Ohhhhh, God love him...

The marriage blessings I pry for you are in Psalm 23..."He prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies."

You see while others were waiting and watching for your marriage to fail, God said no; they will only see the eternal blessings; for I have kept them as the apple of mine eye...fully protected, eternally.

Stay happy, angel....;)

Thanks Shimmie. :kiss: We have been married for 12 years this year, so I think I'll keep him. :lol:

Early Morning Snuggles:D
Late Night Snuggles:D
Shower Snuggles:D :D :D

He gets peeved if he didn't get his kisses that day. I missed doing this twice since we've lived together. Both time I got a text message asking me if I forgot something:lol:

He experiments with me with hair stuff. (hey, the man tried MTG on his type 1 hair..thats LOVE!:lol: )

He gets me flowers and stuff when I least expect it. After our first date (we were both pretty sprung) He sent me a Vermont Teddy Bear...how sweet is that?

If I get sick, he drives me crazy asking me if I need stuff (yeah honey, I need a little PEACE!)

Sure he thanks me for meals and stuff (because he's not allowed to mess up my calphalon pans!)

He's attempted to make me breakfast (oatmeal and boiled eggs...its what he's good at)

He lets me be myself. I'm a lil weird, but he's ok with that.

Oh and he let me drag him to Iceland even though he really didn't want to go. (he would have preferred something a little warmer)

-A

Arcadian said:
Early Morning Snuggles:D
Late Night Snuggles:D
Shower Snuggles:D :D :D

He gets peeved if he didn't get his kisses that day. I missed doing this twice since we've lived together. Both time I got a text message asking me if I forgot something:lol:

He experiments with me with hair stuff. (hey, the man tried MTG on his type 1 hair..thats LOVE!:lol: )

He gets me flowers and stuff when I least expect it. After our first date (we were both pretty sprung) He sent me a Vermont Teddy Bear...how sweet is that?

If I get sick, he drives me crazy asking me if I need stuff (yeah honey, I need a little PEACE!)

Sure he thanks me for meals and stuff (because he's not allowed to mess up my calphalon pans!)

He's attempted to make me breakfast (oatmeal and boiled eggs...its what he's good at)

He lets me be myself. I'm a lil weird, but he's ok with that.

Oh and he let me drag him to Iceland even though he really didn't want to go. (he would have preferred something a little warmer)

-A

:cry: He tried that smelly MTG on his hair....Yes 'Angel' that is love :love:

I wish you many more blessings of love...Amen. ;).

Shimmie said:
Awwwwwww, :cry:

Lauren, you know what's really special about the food he brings home?

Your 'name' is on it. He wrote your name on it; meaning that it is dedicated exclusively for you.

He irons for you :cry:

He stares at you :cry:

He gives you 'me' time :cry:

He loves you... :cry:

I thank God that the two of you will abound and increase in love towards one another...for always. Amen :rosebud:

Thank you! :grin:

That is so true about the food. I love to eat, and the fact that he sets my favorites aside especially for me really touches me.

How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you?
My beau shows me he loves me in so many different ways that will take way too much time to list. I know without a doubt that I am loved! I am the focal point in his world. In addition to many things, one that marvels me is, the rain is falling outside and the umbrella is left in my car. My beau is leaving for work but, he would never leave the house without checking to see if there is an umbrella available for me so I will not get wet when I go outside. If he cannot find an umbrella in the house, he will run in the rain (dressed in his suit and all, also, the garage is a good distance from the house) to my car to get the umbrella and place it right at the door so when it's time for me to leave, it's right there! He is such an amazing man and everything he does is centered around me. He is also focused on what he can do to make my life easier. He once told me years ago that his role as a husband / bf is to make me happy - he has been a living prove of that for years. His loves when we snuggle together and talk talk or watch tv - I control the remote, and he watch the shows I like with pleasure - no drama or fights. He is so easy to live with and the simplest of things pleases him. He doesn't demand anything of me and encourage me to do what I want, always. If I am happy then that makes him happy. He is such an unselfish humanbeing - a rare kind! He is an absolute God sent! I know this for a fact because I prayed to God for a man with the qualities my beau way before I met him. God listened to my prayers and delivered.

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'?
He talks about me all the time to the point where his co-workers know so much about me way before I meet them. He defends me to the max - once my mom came to stay with us, and at one point, she and I had a falling out and she criticised me to him. That was the last time she ever said something bad about me to him - she learned a big lessen, and she was ashamed of herself. She also respected him so much more because of how he protected me.

AND if not, what are the things you wish he would do or not do?

He is perfect the way he is and I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful person. He hasn't changed since the day I met him 7+ years ago. He has gotten better over the years and we have bonded so much closer. We are really best friends, and he is my sounding board.

What makes you happy? What makes you sad? (no one here is allowed to get mad...okay?) ;)
I am very happy and contented in my relationship. My home is my sanctuary and I look forward to the times we are together. I am most unhappy when things are not working out at work, or something might come up with my siblings and mom and I have to deal with it. The saddest I have been in years is recently because my best friend's husband was murder (I have known him since I was in diaper) and I have a hole in my heart. I have never experienced a loss of this magnitude and I am trying to cope with it.

Last edited:
Let's see...

When we were dating, whenever he came over, be it three times or once a week, he always bought me a present - sometimes, a small thing, sometimes, something big. For instance, he would bring me upgrades and new programs for my computer and when my washer and dryer broke, he bought me a new one.

He reaches for and holds my hand.

At the end of the week when I am tired, we take a shower and he washes me and puts me to bed very early and NO ONE is allowed to disturb me.

He brings home picnic dinners and sets us a space on the beach so we can eat and watch the sunset.

When we go on walks, he picks me a flower.

He always - every day - expresses appreciation for the domestic chores I do.

He takes me away for the weekend every other month.

He buys me yummy bubble baths and soaps and massage oils and then uses them on me.

He picks the girls up from school or work.

He is helping to teach my 2 yo grandson to go potty (so the baby understands how big boys go).

He calls me at lunch every day.

He is always kind and considerate of my feelings.

He never raises his voice.

He always takes out the trash without me asking.

When my sander broke while I was in the of refinishing a chest for our room, he bought me two different types of sanders for Christmas (this may not sound romantic, but it was a big deal to me).

He is always affectionate.

I like to watch movies over and over, and he will watch with me no matter what it is - even LOR for the 57th time.

He holds me until I fall asleep.

He writes poetry for me.

He tells me everyday, verbally and in a thusand different ways - some little and some big - that he loves me and his world is made better because I am in it.

Last edited:
Nessa said:
thank you dlewis.......

well i have a few now, that i thought about

1)sometimes he calls me in the morning,just to say good morning.. if we get cut off, he'll call again and say "i love you"

2) He respects my family and tries to get to know them better

3) He is intuitive when it comes to my feelings and thoughts (he's a cancer), so he always knows what to do....

4) When I'm crying and such....he'll comfort me, and call me "baby" the whole time ( I don't know about you, but when he says "baby" to me....awwww it sounds so good and sexy to me......damn.....)

5) He's comfortable around me and says anything on his mind, he tolerates with my *****yness sometimes...

Sounds like a keeper

Mom23 said:
I love my hubby so much. Some of the things he does for me:

Every morning before he leaves for work he says Good Morning beautiful, I love you and will talk to you soon.

Calls me throughout the day just to say "Hi" and let me know he loves me.

Gets our youngest in and out of the bath when I am tired by the end of the day.

Sends/brings me flowers just because. :)

Tells me I am the best Mom/Wife in the world.

Always tells me he believes in me, no matter what, he believes I can do it and he is the best encourager.

Buys me Dove/Godiva chocolates. :lol: (I love the stuff, but I am trying to work on my body)

He does so much more, but I'll stop here. ;)

It's so wonderful to have someone that believes in you

lauren450 said:
My dh is a chef, and anytime they serve one of my favorite foods at work, he tells his staff to set some aside for his wife. He's been doing it so long, they all know what I like now and they just do it automatically. I love seeing him walk through the door with a plate full of tiramisu with my name written across the foil. :D

The other day, he came home from work and I was exhausted from dealing with the kids, so he told me to take a nap. When I was asleep, he packed the kids up and left so that I could have the house to myself.

I love that he doesn't complain when the house is messy or when I don't look my best when he gets home. I know he doesn't expect me to be superwoman, and that makes me feel so secure. That even makes me WANT to be superwoman for him because I appreciate his acceptance of me.

I love that I catch him staring at me, and he doesn't even try to look away.

My DH does that and when I ask him "what ya lookin at" he says "MY wife!" like I'm so special.

Newflowers, your DH sounds just wonderful.

I believe we as women have to expect men a love us that special way and show them how to love us. I don't know if all these DH/So started out treating their women that way but my DH was a very educated thug who wasn't smooth around the edges, more like a diamond in the rough. But through my TLC he as been molded into a wonderful, loving husband who shows me that he cares for me on a daily basis.

I have always believed that love is an action word and saying the words mean nothing unless you have the action to back it.

I love this thread.

Arcadian your SO sounds very sweat.

it's the little things that matter to me:
- holds my hand in public places
- opens doors for me and car doors
- sincere : he will go out of his way to show that he cares (ex. if I left something in the car he will go and get it for me and take me out to eat if I'm hungry)
- sensitive : I can talk to him about my feelings and open up to him
- takes care of his mamma
why is this thread making me so emotional :cry3: :blush:

He does so many things...:love:

He listens intently to my long, detailed stories about things. He's generally less detailed-oriented than I am, but he pays attention to me nonetheless. He has mastered the art of advising me without sounding overbearing, condescending or arrogant. I love it.

He kisses me for no reason, and he brings me cards and flowers often. He waits on me hand and foot around the house, and he cooks for me whenever I allow him in the kitchen. :lol: If I want something at 2 in the morning, he'll go get it and bring it to me and drive back home.

He prays with me and for me. He opens doors, always makes sure I have cash on me, and makes sure I always have candles (I love them). I also love balloons so he'll show up with a bouquet of balloons for no reason.

He walks in front of me going down stairs and behind me going up stairs (I LOVE it), and he's constantly telling me that I'm gorgeous, intelligent, and amazing.

We slow dance, share thoughts & ideas, and cuddle. He loves to be up under me...if we're in different rooms in the house, he'll come into the room I'm in so he can be close to me.

He takes me places when I'm too lazy to drive, and he supports my beauty regimens...he buys me gift certificates to the spa (I'm going to Kinara Spa next week :D) and sends me on hair product shopping sprees every month.

If I see a dress or shoes I want, he'll get it for me right then or surprise me with it later. He doesn't mind the time & effort that I put into looking good for myself and him. He never complains about me spending too much time getting dressed or hogging the bathroom.

He addresses me as "Gorgeous", "Your majesty" or "Baby" when he speaks to me. When we're in the car, he asks what I'd like to listen to and always checks to be sure I'm comfy with the temperature.

The list goes on...he's really amazing. He treats me like an absolute queen. :yep:

Great thread! :up:

I absolutely love this thread! Just reading the stories makes me want to :cry:--they are just so sweet and touching. I do not have anything to share but I love reading the responses of others...I hope this thread continues on with more beautiful love stories.

I love threads like this!
Lets see...
Since I'm sneaking on LHCF at wrk I'll make it short.

*He considers my feelings before he does things
*Nine times out of ten, he apologizes first, even if it was my fault.
*He takes his phone off the charger so mine can charge overnight. There have been many times where I'll wake up the next morning and laugh cause mine is now on the charger.
*He sings love songs to me( in his "best voice":lol:
*He kisses me on the forehead
*He respects me and my opinions
*He understands that I'm trying to save the world so he doesn't complain about the MILLION and one volunteer projects I do and organizations I belong to...He actually brags about them and me to everyone...even RANDOM folks we may pass in the mall or in a Resturant.:lol:

Last edited:
This is a beautiful thread...my dh shows his love to me in many ways but a few of them are:

* He always refer to "our" future and what "we" will do...never anything just about him.

* He takes me to work & picks me up for my overnight shifts whenever he can

* If i'm tired, especially now with me being preggers, he doesn't get mad or upset if I ask for him to pick up something out or for us to go out to eat.

* He has been soooooo supportive and understanding & helpful during this time.

* He defends me whenever it's called upon, even when folks are just messing around...he don't play that...lol.

* He apologizes to me if he even raises his voice...mind you not even yelling, just going up an octive or two.. I think it's so cute, he'll apologize for raising his voice and sometimes I don't even get what he's talking about cause I just talk loud and my voice elevates naturally when I get excited.

There's more but I'm gonna leave it at that....I'm blessed.

dlewis said:
I believe we as women have to expect men a love us that special way and show them how to love us. I don't know if all these DH/So started out treating their women that way but my DH was a very educated thug who wasn't smooth around the edges, more like a diamond in the rough. But through my TLC he as been molded into a wonderful, loving husband who shows me that he cares for me on a daily basis.

I have always believed that love is an action word and saying the words mean nothing unless you have the action to back it.

I love this thread.

Arcadian your SO sounds very sweat.

According to him (and his family..how interesting they also know this) that he's never acted this way with any woman.

He's certainly polite and a gentleman, but I think they see with me he just acts like he's in LUV!

His ex family (which I've met, lovely people) never saw him act that way either. His ex wife is well... crazy. He took care of her but well.. she is nuts ( its the most polite thing I can say. Her own father says much worse). The ex family was sad to lose him, even though they still keep in touch and all.

-A

p31woman said:
I love threads like this!
Lets see...
Since I'm snaking on LHCF at wrk I'll make it short.

*He considers my feelings before he does things
*Nine times out of ten, he apologizes first, even if it was my fault.
*He takes his phone off the charger so mine can charge overnight. There have been many times where I'll wake up the next morning and laugh cause mine is now on the charger.
*He sings love songs to me( in his "best voice":lol:
*He kisses me on the forehead
*He respects me and my opinions
*He understands that I'm trying to save the world so he doesn't complain about the MILLION and one volunteer projects I do and organizations I belong to...He actually brags about them and me to everyone...even RANDOM folks we may pass in the mall or in a Resturant.:lol:

Awwwww :cry: Lady P31, you have a Proverbs 31 Man... :rosebud:

I wish you abundant blessings, Ephesians 3....

I love this thread. Now we need to be sure our SO know how we feel.

I'm answering this thread like I started it :lol: . I love reading positives about love and marriage. It's nice to read how our black men loves us. Or men in general.

Women with men of other races don't feel left out. Post your replys.:D

Oh I LOVE happy threads. Yeah dh works 1000 hours a week but he makes up for it in the small little ways:

-dh has sent or given me flowers every 26th of the month since we've been married SEVEN YEARS!!!! (when we were low on money he would get creative and pick daisy's and wrapped them up in a napkin, once he bought like one of those cheese.99 cent roses at the gas station, those were the BEST flowers)

-I have to leave for work around 6am so I don't see the boys before they go to school/daycare, he takes a pic of them on his phone and sends it to me to say "the boys made it off safely"

-he irons my lab coat and work clothes

-once he gave me his own spa day, he washed my hair and painted my toes

-he'll leave little cards in the visor of my truck b/c the FIRST thing I do in the morning is pull my visor down to check my hair and makeup:lol:

-he sends me texts during the day

- he works 1000 hours a week for me and the boys

He supports me no matter what i want to do.

I can tell him I'm going to build a spaceship and fly to the moon. He would say, did you do your research on how to build a spaceship and fly to the moon. A month later he will ask how are my planes coming along. He also is really into planing our wedding. He look through wedding books with me and ask about the wedding colors. He has been to a few reception halls.

Back