When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

song_of_serenity said:
My s/o and I are going through a rough spot and had an arguement last night. We're currently long distance and both of our lives are stressful and we've sadly allowed that to affect us. I know it's nothing but the devil trying again to steal our joy because I KNOW something big is on the horizon for both of us. But looking at this thread completely inspired me to take my focus on the fact that we argued and got upset at each other to how amazing he really is to me.

1.Most importantly, loves God with all his heart, has faith in the TRUE meaning of living by Christian values and won't sugar coat it or use the excuse that "We're young so we don't have to live that holy right now, let's wait till we're older and have our fun." That's what bound us in the very beginning.

2.Makes me feel like the most wonderful, beautiful girl in the world and constantly, constantly vocalizes it. We could be talking about the latest current event and he'd just exclaim "God, you're so beautiful. How did I end up with you?"

3.Talks about me to complete strangers; I wouldn't be surprised if I go to Missouri and some odd person says "Well, you must be Janelle!" He's in such a racist area, too and has NO problem telling people "Yeah, she's black, you've got a problem with it?"

4.Is very protective of me and our relationship and values it though we're so far away right now.

5.Is a hard worker, got injured at the job 3 weeks ago to the point of coughing up blood. ANd THEN WENT BACK TO WORK THE NEXT DAY FOR ANOTHER WEEK AFTER THAT! I got so angry and asked him why he even pushed himself that far and he said "Because I don't ever want you and our future children to be at a want for anything. I have to keep working!" He hates doctors and is the kind of person who would "let time heal it" but went to the doctor the next day to get it checked out because I was so worried and he wanted to let me know he was just fine (it was a muscle strain in his abdomen and he was advised to rest for a week and a half) He also promised me that he won't ever push himself that far for any job because it just isn't worth it. He quit and has something new as of today!:D

6.Is concerned about me and my feelings, even to the point of annoying me about it. "Are you ok? Are you sure you're ok? Is there anything I can do for you?" But I always tell him I'm thankful, because some people wouldn't even care.

7.Takes pictures for me and emails them to me even when he feels he doesn't look his best. :)

8. We talk on the phone and email and talk via instant messenger, but he still sends me letters and sprays it with his current cologne so I can have something tangible of him. He keeps mine under his pillow so he can have my scent, too. He also hugs that same pillow, pretending it's me.

9.We KNOW how we love our hair and yes, men can love theirs too! He used to have gorgeous, shiny, HEALTHY back length hair which he cherished and started growing out at 17 as a rebellion to his mum who always shaved his head as a child (don't ask, I don't know what her issue was, either.) Last year, he was given the potential of getting a new job but the downside was, he had to cut all his hair off. He wanted to bring in more income "for us and our future" so he cut his cherished hair off to neck length. He didn't get the job. I felt so badly because I know how much he loved his hair, but he said "Our happiness is worth more than my hair ever was."

8.Ran up the phonebill just so we could keep out line of communication open when I wasn't able to afford a cell phone...and doesn't regret one minute of it and told me "This is a reflection of how much we love each other, even when we're apart."

9.Resists even the most gorgeous women and then tells me how stupid they are for even trying because he's already got the one person he loves and how could they compete with the most beautiful thing in the world? We're apart and I have no fear that he's not being faithful to me. And he has no fear about me being faithful either. God gave us that trust.

10.Severed ties with a close family member because that family just got married and he found out the day before that family member's wedding that he had another girlfriend elsewhere and he cheats because "Guys have needs." He told me "I don't care how close I was to them, I'm so far away from you now that bringing that mess to me is a giant disrespect to everything I value." He'd rather bring himself out of a situation than sit and even GIVE a way for him to be affected and take in their negative ways. He's like Joseph to me. <3333

11. When I turn my cam on, he would sit there on his for minutes on end and stare at me so lovingly and would type to me "How did I end up with someone so beautiful, inside and out?"

12.Loves to read the Song of Solomon with me. <333

13.His family tries to put ideas into his head that I'm in N.Y being unfaithful to him and he doesn't even bat his eye at it because he "knows the woman God gave him."

14.Respects me and my body and our faith in God. He knows that I'm a virgin and he...well, he had a "past" and since we got together, even though we can't be "together" in any sexual way, he's never pressured me, and constantly praises me for cherishing my body like a temple. I expressed fears to him about feeling bad after we're married because I didn't know how I'd measure up to those who he'd been with in the past since I had NO experience and worried about not being able to please him like he'd experienced before and all he always tells me he has no doubt how amazing our love life will be because simply "It's you. No one commands my heart and well...other areas like you do. And no one ever has or ever will come close."

15.Constanly praises my work and tells me how amazing of a writer and artist I am.

Omg, I'm talking too much. I didn't think I'd get started and keep going, but I have so much more to post! But Shimmy, God BLESS you, because you have no idea how starting this thread has blessed me, my heart and my relationship. I feel so motivated now to just say "You know what? I've got a good, no, a GREAT thing and a great man who works so hard for me and lets nothing get between us and would fight tooth and nail should anyone disrespect me." I will send him this list today.

You ladies who have posted have wonderful men in your lives. It's so beautiful, I was in tears! I'm surrounded by all my girlfriends who take all of this CRAP from guys with the baby momma dramas and the guys treating them like crap when they're around their friends but would treat them like queens when they are alone and all of that nonsense. Things like that make it so hard to consider that wonderful men are out there, and I would be hard pressed too, if I didn't have one myself. And those who are reading, even if you are in a rough spot with yours, every relationship has them. Don't ever let that overshadow how wonderful he really is to you...unless he is treating you BADLY, then you LEAVE and heal and THEN GET YOURS!:lachen:

I will also show one of my girlfriends this thread. She does the "Yeah, right." When I tell her how wonderful my S/O is because she's never experienced that kind of male love...and then tells me I'm one of the "lucky few" But I will show her that yes, GOOD MEN are out there and THESE WOMEN are being treated how we SHOULD be treated and that she needs to drop that fool he has, pregnant or not, and settle for nothing less than being treated like a QUEEN!!~
~*Janelle~*

Janelle, may I?

"I thank God for making all the high places low; all the crooked places straight and to crush into dust the gates of iron."

This is a prayer of peace and healing from the word of God for you and your precious one. As a matter of fact....this prayer is placed on 'speed dial', and is answered even more quickly just for you.

Blessings and more love which over rides the bumps in the path of long distance. For no matter the space geographically, the two of you are still nigh unto one another in spite of.

(and may I add, no matter what color.... Is that okay?) ;)

And for you precious angels, shaking your fists and saying 'one day...'

"He that will come SHALL come and will not tarry...."

Just say amen...;)

caribeandiva said:

That's a girl...where two or three agree, there Jesus is in the midst of us. I believe and receive your blessings of love....

Shimmie said:
And for you precious angels, shaking your fists and saying 'one day...'

"He that will come SHALL come and will not tarry...."

Just say amen...;)

Was shaking fists along with Caribeandiva now saying Amen! :)

My SO and I are in the midst of one of those rough patches. I’ve complained that he doesn’t make me feel like a priority and he counters that I must be blind not to see the love in everything he does. Maybe I’m blind, but I think I may have regained my sight. Read on…

Last night at dinner my mom, a breast cancer survivor, told me that there are some abnormal spots on her mammogram and that she needs to have further diagnostics to determine the cause. Later while in class, I was so distraught that I called him in tears while on my break. He was out taking a walk for exercise, but tried consoling me by phone and asked if there was anything else he could do. Before we hung up he confirmed that my class finished at 10pm that day. When class let out I had a voicemail from him asking me to call as soon as I got out of class and not to leave the area. When I called he said he was less than half a block away and to wait for him. He actually ran/jogged the three miles to my school to be there for me when class let out. He greeted me with a big smile and a “hey there beautiful” and of course a ginormous bear hug. I just sank into his arms as he kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. He didn’t even try to make it better with words, right then he was EXACTLY what I needed.

Shimmie said:
He's having PMS...:look:

But seriously, men can be in moods or having bouts of self-doubt. I have a prayer for this that won't miss.

"Lord, give this man a heart like yours; full of love and peace. And show me how to 'be' with and 'for' him and whatever the issues are; from them he'll be released. In Jesus' name, Amen. "

(((( hugs ))) to both of you, Ms. J. ;)
No, don't hug "both of us." I'm single now. :yep:

MissJ said:
No, don't hug "both of us." I'm single now. :yep:

:lol: I hear you MissJ. The hugs are for you and your new love, for whenever he comes into your life.

starfish79 said:
My SO and I are in the midst of one of those rough patches. I’ve complained that he doesn’t make me feel like a priority and he counters that I must be blind not to see the love in everything he does. Maybe I’m blind, but I think I may have regained my sight. Read on…

Last night at dinner my mom, a breast cancer survivor, told me that there are some abnormal spots on her mammogram and that she needs to have further diagnostics to determine the cause. Later while in class, I was so distraught that I called him in tears while on my break. He was out taking a walk for exercise, but tried consoling me by phone and asked if there was anything else he could do. Before we hung up he confirmed that my class finished at 10pm that day. When class let out I had a voicemail from him asking me to call as soon as I got out of class and not to leave the area. When I called he said he was less than half a block away and to wait for him. He actually ran/jogged the three miles to my school to be there for me when class let out. He greeted me with a big smile and a “hey there beautiful” and of course a ginormous bear hug. I just sank into his arms as he kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. He didn’t even try to make it better with words, right then he was EXACTLY what I needed.

Precious Star, first my prayers are for your mom and her healing, in total body, mind and spirit. She is STILL a survivor...always. You have each of our prayers and we will keep your mom in our hearts. Amen.

Now, with the men we love, often times we as women go through feeling 'unloved' or not a priority in their lives. (Trust me, I've be there...;)). And then they show us how they love us all the more.

I've been learning that when my Angel is working doubles and triples, he is loving me all the more. For this is his way of making things better... securing financial stability and being what he is created to be, a man taking full responsibility for life and securing the time ahead to spend in love with me.

I thank God for your sweetheart and I thank God also for you. I wish you more blessings of love which bring yoiu even closer everyday. Amen, Again.

FlowerHair said:

Amen precious one... :rosebud:

AND to the precious angels who also 'Amen'd' above.

Glamour Girl, Miz Jackson, caribeandiva, and whosoever will... ;).

There's a lot of things that my DH does to really show he loves me. I kind of knew at the begining of the realationship. When he met me, he was planing on moving back home to live closer to his family. He decided to stay here in VA with me, and his family was not happy about that. A few months after dating, it was mother's day. And he told me to come with him to get my present. I told him I didn't have any kids, and he took me anyway. He took me to a car dealership and ask me to pick out any car I want. I was really shocked, and ended up picking a brand new honda civix. His family wasn't happy about that either.

He never did listen to anyone, He knew he wanted to be with me. He cooked me breafast in bed. He ran my bath water, whenever he can. When my products are running low, he will replace them without me knowing. It doesn't matter what time it is, he always goes out to get what I want. I know in my heart he really love me. God knows I will be lying, If I said I didn't know. And just writing this makes me remember how much he really cares. There's so many other things, and I thank God for his blessings.

angie10 said:
There's a lot of things that my DH does to really show he loves me. I kind of knew at the begining of the realationship. When he met me, he was planing on moving back home to live closer to his family. He decided to stay here in VA with me, and his family was not happy about that. A few months after dating, it was mother's day. And he told me to come with him to get my present. I told him I didn't have any kids, and he took me anyway. He took me to a car dealership and ask me to pick out any car I want. I was really shocked, and ended up picking a brand new honda civix. His family wasn't happy about that either.

He never did listen to anyone, He knew he wanted to be with me. He cooked me breafast in bed. He ran my bath water, whenever he can. When my products are running low, he will replace them without me knowing. It doesn't matter what time it is, he always goes out to get what I want. I know in my heart he really love me. God knows I will be lying, If I said I didn't know. And just writing this makes me remember how much he really cares. There's so many other things, and I thank God for his blessings.

Angie this is beautiful...you have a wonderful testimony. Not because of the material things but this below...

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother; forsaking all others and cleave unto his wife..."

I wish you and your husband a long life of love and blessings, yet untold, but still about to unfold, eternally. God bless you both. ;)

Shimmie said:
Angie this is beautiful...you have a wonderful testimony. Not because of the material things but this below...

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother; forsaking all others and cleave unto his wife..."

I wish you and your husband a long life of love and blessings, yet untold, but still about to unfold, eternally. God bless you both. ;)

Thank you shimmie, that's exactly one of the reasons I know he cared. Just the fact that he choose to stay, and didn't care how his family took it. I mean I felt bad for them, because I'm sure they would have loved for their son to live closer, I mean who doesn't. But they just needed to respect his choices.

angie10 said:
That's right, who said there are no good black men:lol:
Don't get me started up in here...:lol:

I am very passionate about this issue. I love our Black men; I will not allow anyone to put them down; for they are not below anyone.

They are Black Pearls of the rarest kind, not created to be 'strung' together and lumped into a category of one.

But designed to be 'set' solitaire allowing its lustre to speak for itsself of his strength, his clarity, his purpose and for God's will in his life to be done.

Our Black men...no other Pearl can be compared to...

Especially mine. :rosebud:

Shimmie said:
Don't get me started up in here...:lol:

I am very passionate about this issue. I love our Black men; I will not allow anyone to put them down; for they are not below anyone.

They are Black Pearls of the rarest kind, not created to be 'strung' together and lumped into a category of one.

But designed to be 'set' solitaire allowing its lustre to speak for itsself of his strength, his clarity, his purpose and for God's will in his life to be done.

Our Black men...no other Pearl can be compared to...

Especially mine. :rosebud:

That is so sweet. I'm sure a lot of black men will be happy to know there are still women like you left:lol: . My thing have always been, instead of placing blames; It's best to try and unite. I know that nobody is perfect, women and men both have faults. It doesn't matter what race that person is. And plus, people will only do to you; what you allow them to do.:)

angie10 said:
That is so sweet. I'm sure a lot of black men will be happy to know there are still women like you left:lol: . My thing have always been, instead of placing blames; It's best to try and unite. I know that nobody is perfect, women and men both have faults.

It doesn't matter what race that person is. And plus, people will only do to you; what you allow them to do. :)

Amen, sweet Angie...;)

My b/f is really sweet to me:) . When both of our cars broke down and he bought a new car first..he would catch a ride to work so that I would have his brand new car to drive to work...I put the first 500 miles on that car. If I'm cold I dont have to ask him...he will give me the shirt off his back (literally) we live two hours apart but if I call him up in the middle of the week to come and see me he is there....although that means he has to leave at 4 a.m. the next morning to get to work on time...He does so many other things not just for me but for other people...I think he is a keeper although he is very stubborn.

Divine Inspiration said:
He does so many things...:love:

He listens intently to my long, detailed stories about things. He's generally less detailed-oriented than I am, but he pays attention to me nonetheless. He has mastered the art of advising me without sounding overbearing, condescending or arrogant. I love it.

He kisses me for no reason, and he brings me cards and flowers often. He waits on me hand and foot around the house, and he cooks for me whenever I allow him in the kitchen. :lol: If I want something at 2 in the morning, he'll go get it and bring it to me and drive back home.

He prays with me and for me. He opens doors, always makes sure I have cash on me, and makes sure I always have candles (I love them). I also love balloons so he'll show up with a bouquet of balloons for no reason.

He walks in front of me going down stairs and behind me going up stairs (I LOVE it), and he's constantly telling me that I'm gorgeous, intelligent, and amazing.

We slow dance, share thoughts & ideas, and cuddle. He loves to be up under me...if we're in different rooms in the house, he'll come into the room I'm in so he can be close to me.

He takes me places when I'm too lazy to drive, and he supports my beauty regimens...he buys me gift certificates to the spa (I'm going to Kinara Spa next week :D) and sends me on hair product shopping sprees every month.

If I see a dress or shoes I want, he'll get it for me right then or surprise me with it later. He doesn't mind the time & effort that I put into looking good for myself and him. He never complains about me spending too much time getting dressed or hogging the bathroom.

He addresses me as "Gorgeous", "Your majesty" or "Baby" when he speaks to me. When we're in the car, he asks what I'd like to listen to and always checks to be sure I'm comfy with the temperature.

The list goes on...he's really amazing. He treats me like an absolute queen. :yep:

Great thread! :up:
"DI", I 'missed' your post. ((((hugs)))), I'm so sorry.

I'm very happy for your and your special. I know that he is a gift from heaven and an answer to your prayers.

For I wish the following...

Things that money can't buy, which are a treasure beyond measure. The treasures of the heart that take the two of you further down the path of discovering more of each other to love, eternally.

God Bless you, dear sister... Happy Perrier Days...;).

Ms_Delikate said:
My b/f is really sweet to me:) . When both of our cars broke down and he bought a new car first..he would catch a ride to work so that I would have his brand new car to drive to work...I put the first 500 miles on that car. If I'm cold I dont have to ask him...he will give me the shirt off his back (literally) we live two hours apart but if I call him up in the middle of the week to come and see me he is there....although that means he has to leave at 4 a.m. the next morning to get to work on time...He does so many other things not just for me but for other people...I think he is a keeper although he is very stubborn.

This is beautiful... He keeps you warm. :rosebud:

Mystic said:
How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you?
My beau shows me he loves me in so many different ways that will take way too much time to list. I know without a doubt that I am loved! I am the focal point in his world. In addition to many things, one that marvels me is, the rain is falling outside and the umbrella is left in my car. My beau is leaving for work but, he would never leave the house without checking to see if there is an umbrella available for me so I will not get wet when I go outside. If he cannot find an umbrella in the house, he will run in the rain (dressed in his suit and all, also, the garage is a good distance from the house) to my car to get the umbrella and place it right at the door so when it's time for me to leave, it's right there! He is such an amazing man and everything he does is centered around me. He is also focused on what he can do to make my life easier. He once told me years ago that his role as a husband / bf is to make me happy - he has been a living prove of that for years. His loves when we snuggle together and talk talk or watch tv - I control the remote, and he watch the shows I like with pleasure - no drama or fights. He is so easy to live with and the simplest of things pleases him. He doesn't demand anything of me and encourage me to do what I want, always. If I am happy then that makes him happy. He is such an unselfish humanbeing - a rare kind! He is an absolute God sent! I know this for a fact because I prayed to God for a man with the qualities my beau way before I met him. God listened to my prayers and delivered.

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'?
He talks about me all the time to the point where his co-workers know so much about me way before I meet them. He defends me to the max - once my mom came to stay with us, and at one point, she and I had a falling out and she criticised me to him. That was the last time she ever said something bad about me to him - she learned a big lessen, and she was ashamed of herself. She also respected him so much more because of how he protected me.

AND if not, what are the things you wish he would do or not do?

He is perfect the way he is and I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful person. He hasn't changed since the day I met him 7+ years ago. He has gotten better over the years and we have bonded so much closer. We are really best friends, and he is my sounding board.

What makes you happy? What makes you sad? (no one here is allowed to get mad...okay?) ;)
I am very happy and contented in my relationship. My home is my sanctuary and I look forward to the times we are together. I am most unhappy when things are not working out at work, or something might come up with my siblings and mom and I have to deal with it. The saddest I have been in years is recently because my best friend's husband was murder (I have known him since I was in diaper) and I have a hole in my heart. I have never experienced a loss of this magnitude and I am trying to cope with it.

Mystic, I'm so sorry about your friend who died. Although he can never be replaced in your heart, I thank God for filling that void with more love from Heaven above.

I'm happy about the love the man in your life so freely gives you. It's truly a beautiful gift that I pray for of for both of you, for always.

"Our" men are the most special men in the world and I will do all that I can to tell the world about them. They have well earned a loving shout out and I surely do not mind shouting thier praises at all.

Ladies, write a brief and personal 'love note' to your sweetheart and leave it on his pillow, the bathroom mirror, his rear view mirror, sun visor, or wherever you feel is a good place.

Here's my note to 'him'...

To My Handsome 'Fella'...

I love you, Handsome Man...:rosebud:

Thank you for putting up with and loving 'tempermental' me.
No other man has taken and has given me so much in so little time.
A wonderful gift you are; thank you for being mine.

In Jesus' name, Amen. :rosebud:

Shimmie said:
"DI", I 'missed' your post. ((((hugs)))), I'm so sorry.

I'm very happy for your and your special. I know that he is a gift from heaven and an answer to your prayers.

For I wish the following...

Things that money can't buy, which are a treasure beyond measure. The treasures of the heart that take the two of you further down the path of discovering more of each other to love, eternally.

God Bless you, dear sister... Happy Perrier Days...;).

Thank you, Shimmie. :kiss: God is certainly showing me some things. We have our challenges that I've been in prayer about, and God has said, "Wait." And so, I'm a lady in waiting. I know that God perfects all things that concerns me, and to question His will or timing would be silly. My hands are folded neatly in my lap as I wait for God to "do His thing". :)

I receive your words, and add amen.

Happy Perrier Days to you too!! I've been cheating on Perrier with San Pellegrino lately...I feel so guilty. There's just something about the SP with a slice of lime that makes me weak. :look:

Divine Inspiration said:
Thank you, Shimmie. :kiss: God is certainly showing me some things. We have our challenges that I've been in prayer about, and God has said, "Wait." And so, I'm a lady in waiting. I know that God perfects all things that concerns me, and to question His will or timing would be silly. My hands are folded neatly in my lap as I wait for God to "do His thing". :)

I receive your words, and add amen.

Happy Perrier Days to you too!! I've been cheating on Perrier with San Pellegrino lately...I feel so guilty. There's just something about the SP with a slice of lime that makes me weak. :look:
I stand with you, your 'fella' and your prayers and God's voice. I'm blessed and also in prayer and I love it. It's all brand new.

Don't feel bad about San Perrigino, I went for the cheap stuff (Vintage Seltzer Water...wild cherry flavor). :blush: I'm so ashamed :cool: :sekret: but times were desperate, Perrier was relocated in another aisle in the store and I didn't see it. I have to go to 'Perri' for forgiveness. You're my confessional booth...:lol:

Love and blessings to you and your sweetheart. I've already adopted him as my brother. :yep:

Shimmie said:
I stand with you, your 'fella' and your prayers and God's voice. I'm blessed and also in prayer and I love it. It's all brand new.

Don't feel bad about San Perrigino, I went for the cheap stuff (Vintage Seltzer Water...wild cherry flavor). :blush: I'm so ashamed :cool: :sekret: but times were desperate, Perrier was relocated in another aisle in the store and I didn't see it. I have to go to 'Perri' for forgiveness. You're my confessional booth...:lol:

Love and blessings to you and your sweetheart. I've already adopted him as my brother. :yep:

:eek: :lol: @ Vintage Seltzer Water...I bet that Wild Cherry was tasty though.

It warms my heart to hear about you and your gentleman. I know you'd never settle for anything less than that. :yep:

Back