When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

I know!

:grin: Especially since his friends have been teasing him about them being around his house and he's like "Don't you go dissin' my kids!"

:lachen:I love it! Too cute. You know what? I have several stuffed animals as well. :yep: "The babies." :love2:

This thread is like.........:drunk::drunk::drunk: amazing.....

Thanks Shimmie for starting this thread.

Such beautiful replies....!!!!!

Thank you Lord. God bless all of you here.

Last edited:
He scratched up my whole scalp WITHOUT BEING ASKED- major dandruff issues :perplexed (it was bad too!!!) and brushed out all the flakes. :yawn:

I go past this thread everyday thinking to myself "I wish I had this" but I do.Me and my so have been going through it lately but I know he loves me.
He will text me all the time while at work.
He sometimes gets our son up in the morning so I can sleep in.
He is always supportive with my career and the frustrations I sometimes have.
He will take our son out the house on days I need to sleep(I work overnight on the weekends.
He took me to Florida as a surprise for mothers day (no son:yep:)and he is terrified of planes.
He tries to keep my car clean.
He always fixes my car and does all the car things for me ex.registration/inspection
He takes me places I know he would rather not go.
He is a great father.We had a horrible pregnancy where our son was premature and he was there the whole time learning everything.
He sometimes cooks for me but when he is out he always brings me whatever he has.
He knows my wants and needs and tries to accomplish them for me in all aspects.
He is my best friend.Thats alll for now
By making me his wife!:grin:

OMG!!!!!!! This thread is amazing!

I pray that one day I will have what you all have. You guys have raised the standard for me.

WOW- I just read through this entire thread.

The tear jerker for me was the post where she said her husband fed the baby and stayed downstairs for awhile to avoid waking her up. WOW.

I am so inspired by you ladies -thank you for sharing. And thank you Shimmie so much for keeping thread alive and refreshing with scriptural insight and prayers. I loved them.

After reading this, I refuse to settle. I honestly didn't know men like these existed.

WOW- I just read through this entire thread.

The tear jerker for me was the post where she said her husband fed the baby and stayed downstairs for awhile to avoid waking her up. WOW.

I am so inspired by you ladies -thank you for sharing. And thank you Shimmie so much for keeping thread alive and refreshing with scriptural insight and prayers. I loved them.

After reading this, I refuse to settle. I honestly didn't know men like these existed.

Carribean_dream, It is I who thanks you for being here... :yep: :love2:

Each day that I live, I discover that truly Men DO love the woman who is in his life. They really do. :yep:

I won't make excuses for them when they 'falter', but I give them honor for being in our lives and giving us the ''perfect balance" which God so intended. And there is a healthy loving male balance for each woman who desires. :yep:

I pray that each of you, who desire so, to have the very happy, healthy, loving man in your life for which you have prayed, cried, desired, dreamed, for....here on earth, NOW in THIS time, and eternally.

That your hearts will not grow cold from the delays and dissappointments, for those who are past in your lives. Instead, take hold of the faith which is always present, taking hold of your dreams and fear not that they will be shattered; fear not. :nono:

For God never forsakes your heart nor your prayers. His answer to you is always,

"Beloved daughter, I am here and will never leave yiou nor forsake you; no, not ever; for your dreams matter more to me than all of Heaven and earth and I shall bring them to pass.."

No longer are you 'single-minded' :nono:; but marriage bound and marriage far more than you dreamed it to be. It's yours for the asking, afterall, God designed it, and He freely gives it all to you.

To and for each of you, my heartfelt prayer, In Jesus's name, Amen and Amen. :giveheart:

Shimmie,

I just love reading your posts and prayers. They are so beautiful and I feel God is speaking directly through you.

Shimmie,

I just love reading your posts and prayers. They are so beautiful and I feel God is speaking directly through you.
God bless you, little sister... :giveheart:

Far from God I am, yet to Him is all the glory when He uses me to bless others...:love2:

Praise and Bless the name of Jesus, our Lord who loves us beyond any measure known to man. :heart2:

There is so much that he does that it's hard to list them all. If I had to sum it all up into a few words, I say this: he desires and strives to love me the way God said a man should love his wife – sacrificially, the way Christ loved the church. Is there a greater love than that? How can you possibly top the way that Christ loved the church? .

If I were going to list some of the ways, I’d say this:

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He works 13-14 hour days to ensure that our needs are met. I put this high on the list because a man can say he loves you all day long, but words with no action are null and void.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]My husband is a truck driver. His shift requires that he go to bed at 5:00p.m. and get up anywhere from 11:45 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., but even with that, he will wake up out of his sleep and talk to me when I’m troubled, even if it means he’s tired the next day. Again, this is what I call sacrifice.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He puts me before everyone else in his life (except God.)

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Every morning before he goes to work (without fail) he kisses me and tells me he loves me. He does this even if we’ve had a disagreement the night before. He says it’s important to him because we never know what can happen from one moment to the next.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He desires to really KNOW me, and so he has taken the time to know the detailed things about me.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He tells our members at church “he who has found a wife finds a good thing – and I’ve found a good thing.”

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He willingly goes to the mall and other places that he absolutely hates all because he wants to spend time with me.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He loves me even when I’m unlovable. Our marriage is so important to him, that he has bore the brunt of some really harsh words from me as I struggled with in-law adjustments. Instead of retaliating, he prayed and asked God to give him the grace to understand where I was coming so that he could understand me better.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He brings me coffee every Sunday morning while I’m getting ready for church.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He “Google Talks” to me when he’s off work. One day I got an instant message from him that said, “Google Me, Baby!” How sexy was that?

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]He shows his love and affection for me openly – holding my hands, putting his arms around me, and kissing me in public.

Note: The things at the top my list aren’t so much about what he does FOR me so much as they are what he tries to LIVE

It's really the little things...

He tells me that he appreciates me and that I make him complete often
He lets me sleep in on the weekends while he gets up with our son--he is a GREAT father
He allows me to be me and wants me to be happy no matter what
He takes off my glasses when I fall asleep in them at night. lol
He's very openly affectionate with me and consistantly tells me how beautiful I am
He makes sure my favorite wine is always in stock at our house :-)
He truly sacrifices everything for me and our family...We come first always
He struggles to be my best friend and support me no matter what...even when I'm the biggest, most spoiled pain in the a**!!

I can go on and on...

Last edited:
There is so much that he does that it's hard to list them all. If I had to sum it all up into a few words, I say this: he desires and strives to love me the way God said a man should love his wife – sacrificially, the way Christ loved the church. Is there a greater love than that? How can you possibly top the way that Christ loved the church? .

If I were going to list some of the ways, I’d say this:

·He works 13-14 hour days to ensure that our needs are met. I put this high on the list because a man can say he loves you all day long, but words with no action are null and void.

·My husband is a truck driver. His shift requires that he go to bed at 5:00p.m. and get up anywhere from 11:45 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., but even with that, he will wake up out of his sleep and talk to me when I’m troubled, even if it means he’s tired the next day. Again, this is what I call sacrifice.

·He puts me before everyone else in his life (except God.)

·Every morning before he goes to work (without fail) he kisses me and tells me he loves me. He does this even if we’ve had a disagreement the night before. He says it’s important to him because we never know what can happen from one moment to the next.

·He desires to really KNOW me, and so he has taken the time to know the detailed things about me.

·He tells our members at church “he who has found a wife finds a good thing – and I’ve found a good thing.”

·He willingly goes to the mall and other places that he absolutely hates all because he wants to spend time with me.

·He loves me even when I’m unlovable. Our marriage is so important to him, that he has bore the brunt of some really harsh words from me as I struggled with in-law adjustments. Instead of retaliating, he prayed and asked God to give him the grace to understand where I was coming so that he could understand me better.

·He brings me coffee every Sunday morning while I’m getting ready for church.

·He “Google Talks” to me when he’s off work. One day I got an instant message from him that said, “Google Me, Baby!” How sexy was that?

·He shows his love and affection for me openly – holding my hands, putting his arms around me, and kissing me in public.

Note: The things at the top my list aren’t so much about what he does FOR me so much as they are what he tries to LIVE
What a beautiful testimony to share of the beautiful life that you share with your God - Loving and Wife Loving Husband.

May you both grow more and more 'One' with one another and that you will always under the care of God...the very 'Apple of His Eye', where God will over watch you and keep you and preserve you and enrich you both in love, forever.

Neenzmj, God bless you and your wonderful husband. :giveheart: I say these beyond mere words. Give him a great big hug which says :thankyou: for making a liar out of the devil. For 'we' do indeed have good, strong, reliable and dedicated men who love God, their wife and their family and they are not ashamed to be real men.

May they be none too few. . . In Jesus's name, "Amen and Amen". :heart2:

It's really the little things...

He tells me that he appreciates me and that I make him complete often
He lets me sleep in on the weekends while he gets up with our son--he is a GREAT father
He allows me to be me and wants me to be happy no matter what
He takes off my glasses when I fall asleep in them at night. lol
He makes sure my favorite wine is always in stock at our house :-)
He truly sacrifices everything for me and our family...

I can go on and on...
"The Little Things", which mean so much. For they add up and they are consistant, little by little, growing big by big.

I thank God for you and your husband. So many 'negative' words have been spoken out and against our men. The only way to put to an end is to 'praise them' for all that they do, be it big or small, we thank them for it all.

Most of all, we thank God for the gift of 'our' men who not only try, but do it over and over again and it's always from his heart.

How we love them and thank God for them, over and over again.

Tylers-mom, :thankyou: for being able to go on and on, and on. That's your grateful heart speaking and it's also the depth and longevity of your love for one another, 'on and on'... How beautiful it is. God bless you and your husband.... Your Mr. 'On and On'. :love2:

this is the most beautiful thread.
It is indeed.... :yep:

And to think that I started this because I was 'venting' :lol:

Men aren't perfect, they never will be; but when they love a woman, they do make every effort to show it the best way that they can. I thank God for them, each and everyone. :pray:

And for those whose men who still a way to go, don't give up on them; neither give up hope. They always come around to showing that they love you...they really do. :yep: :love2: And we love them right back. :kiss:

Father God in Heaven, I lift up every man who lives in the heart of every woman here. That these men will never grow 'cold' in expressing and revealing their love. Give each of them the courage, the words, the ability and the mobility to say it, show it, and mean it with all of their being, and without hesitation nor regret.

Keep the love coming and never slowing down... In Jesus's Name, Amen.

Thank you Father God for hearing my prayer, for you are always there, in love for and with each of us. I love you, Lord God. Amen. :heart2:

This thread is awesome. When I have more time I'll have to sit down and write my list. I think its good to dwell on the positive when you've been blessed to have someone amazing in your life. One thing comes to my mind though:

My SO's car recently broke down and he's saving money to fix it. Right now neither one of us has transportation, as he's trying to get his car fixed and I'm saving money to buy a car myself. He gets off work a few hours before me and could catch the last bus that will take him home. But, he waits for me at my bus stop every night and takes my bus home with me, walks me home, then catches ANOTHER bus that takes him as close to his house as he can get, then WALKS 2 miles to get home.

Let me tell you, this CT weather is no joke, and it breaks my heart that he does this, but he says (1) he worries too much to let me travel/walk home at night in the dark alone (2) since our college/work schedules sometimes dont allow us to spend alot of time together, he'll do what he has to in order to see me for the day, and if that means walking, then that's what he'll do. And he wont take no for an answer.

I love this man.

Last edited:
This thread is awesome. When I have more time I'll have to sit down and write my list. I think its good to dwell on the positive when you've been blessed to have someone amazing in your life. One thing comes to my mind though:

My SO's car recently broke down and he's saving money to fix it. Right now neither one of us has transportation, as he's trying to get his car fixed and I'm saving money to buy a car myself. He gets off work a few hours before me and could catch the last bus that will take him home. But, he waits for me at my bus stop every night and takes my bus home with me, walks me home, then catches ANOTHER bus that takes him as close to his house as he can get, then WALKS 2 miles to get home.

Let me tell you, this CT weather is no joke, and it breaks my heart that he does this, but he says (1) he worries too much to let me travel/walk home at night in the dark alone (2) since our college/work schedules sometimes dont allow us to spend alot of time together, he'll do what he has to in order to see me for the day, and if that means walking, then that's what he'll do. And he wont take no for an answer.

I love this man.
What a 'Beautiful' man. :cry3:

God bless the two of you and may the Angels of the Lord always be with you to keep you both safe in all of your travels; no matter where you are or where you have to be; may the loving hands of God always be upon and surrounding you and he'. :pray:

I praise God for provision, to enable you and your man to have a new car, both paid total and in full. Not a hoopty nor a whoopty, but a quality car by far. No 'pimp your ride', or fake leather seats -- only the best side of a cow's hide. No phoney rims either, for it's not about the show; your man is taking you, his baby, anywhere you want to go. :driver:

Blessings to you...both, eternally. :giveheart:

Last edited:
What a 'Beautiful' man. :cry3:

God bless the two of you and may the Angels of the Lord always be with you to keep you both safe in all of your travels; no matter where you are or where you have to be; may the loving hands of God always be upon and surrounding you and he'. :pray:

I praise God for provision, to enable you and your man to have a new car, both paid total and in full. Not a hoopty nor a whoopty, but a quality car by far. No 'pimp your ride', or fake leather seats -- only the best side of a cow's hide. No phoney rims either, for it's not about the show; your man is taking you, his baby, anywhere you want to go. :driver:

Blessings to you...both, eternally. :giveheart:

Awwwww! Thank you so much Shimmie! Being two college students working and suporting ourselves has been hard enough, and the whole car thing has made it even more difficult. I could write a book on the things we've been through, but we're managing to make it through. We've both been praying and I really appreciate your kind thoughts as well. I'll share them with my SO as well. I'm sure he will too.

He buys me flowers when I am angry with him.

He buys my favorite drinks and snack cakes when I am down and surprises me with them.:blush:

When I am feeling not so pretty he hugs and kisses me and tells me I am the most beautiful girl in the world to him.

He reminds me that there is no one in the world like me, and tells me how lucky he is to have me in his life.

He calls me and asks me what I want to eat before he buys himself something.

He takes out the trash without my asking. :grin:

He keeps the house clean when I am out of town.

He remimds me that his job is to make sure that I am o.k. and that I am taken care of.

He asks me how my day goes and listens to my problems.

He nurses me back to health whenever I am ill.

He lets me keep the heat on all night even when he is sweating from it being on. :grin:

So many things.....

Awwwww! Thank you so much Shimmie! Being two college students working and suporting ourselves has been hard enough, and the whole car thing has made it even more difficult. I could write a book on the things we've been through, but we're managing to make it through. We've both been praying and I really appreciate your kind thoughts as well. I'll share them with my SO as well. I'm sure he will too.
MichL... look how close....how much 'closer' these life's challenges have brought the two of you.

Martin Luther King quoted that, "...the true measure (character) of a man comes through when he faces his most difficult challenges."

Tell him how much you admire him....in your very own words and in your very own special way...Warm and Chewey Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies...:yep: :lol:

I will pray for you...:pray:

Last edited:
DH has always done a LOT :yep: but the biggest thing I can think of is that he tolerates my unconventional nicknames and displays of affection. I think he does this because he realizes that it's my way of showing my love for him. :drunk:

He also shows me (through words and actions) that he respects and values the close relationship with my family and makes facilitating that closeness a priority. :yep:

Last edited:
I had never had a Pap smear before a few weeks ago and I am 25. I am still a virgin and have been unable to go through an exam due to years of childhood sexual abuse. He finally convinced me to get it over with and not only did he go with me to the clinic- he held my hand as I cried through the entire exam.
This brought tears to my eyes....

What a beautiful loving man you have in your life. I thank God for both of you.

"Everything Zen', I'm ao sorry about your 'past', but remember that it is truly the 'past'; for God makes all things new. Look how God has blessed your present and your future with a true man who honors you and cares for you, even with your most intimate moments as a woman. Those exams are no picnic, yet he made it easy for you to endure.

Blessings upon you both for always....:giveheart:

Precious Ladies, I've missed so much in this thread. I want to thank each of your for keeping it full of life and love.

I'm trying to go through each post which I have missed and to give everyone 'thanks' for being here. If I have 'missed' you, it's not intentional, I promise to get through to each one just to say thanks. When I began this thread, the 'thanks' button was not a feature, but now that we have it, I am going to use it in each post.

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate and am praying for each of you and your 'precious men' in your lives.

Take care, stay in love and don't give up on our men. They are all coming around to where they should be with us. Bless them each day in your heart and in your prayers. They're worth it. Each one of them are.

Amen. :giveheart:

. . . He re-builds his family home from ruins (Katrina) so that he can bring his wife of 67 years home. . . Odds stacked against him (ie age 80+, Fed Gov promises not kept, family scattered, neighborhood in ruins) he pushed on

. . . Even his sons are re-building their home from ruins for their families. . . Real Men! Real men.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/katrina/

On Saturday, while I was still in TX, all of a sudden screamed, "WOOOO!!! I LOVE THIS WOMAN RIGHT HERE!!!!" and grabbed me and spin me around 3 times.:cupidarrow::cupidarrow::cupidarrow:

...he calls you every night to pray w/ you before you go to sleep
...after one of the worst nights of your life, he gets up early in the morning to drive to where you are and holds you and lets you cry until you finally fall asleep
...he cleans out the tub and draws you a bubble bath so that you can relax after work *sigh*
...he calls your sister, his mother, and his best friends GF just to get a recipe so that he can make you dinner
...he dances with you even though he can't keep a beat to save his life :lol:
...he rubs your feet after a long day
...when I was struggling, he paid for one of my college courses even when I begged him not to. I'm stubborn like that sometimes lol
...out of nowhere, he stares at you with a big grin on his face :grin:
...he got up at 6 am to pick me up and drop me off at work M-F...for 6 weeks straight
...sends you words of encouragement and love throughout the day, as well as jokes
...even with no makeup on, eye boogers and all, he still calls you the most beautiful girl he knows
...sends you roses/and orchids at work just because attached with a note that says "Happy (insert day of the week here)" Love you Beautiful
...goes to two different drugstores to find pain meds to help with your abcessed tooth. Then when the pain gets worse, tries his best to make you as comfortable as possible. When that dosen't work, he goes to the other room and drops on his knees in prayer
...orders pepperoni pizza for me @ 2am b/c he know I haven't eaten all day
...he truly cares about my well-being, I think sometimes more than his own
...brought me Midol when I had cramps
...he tells you the story of your first kiss in a way that just gives you butterflies
...he LISTENS!!! He doesn't try to make it about him when you are the one venting
...he enjoys conversations with me, I remember on our first date we sat up and talked in the car until the sun came up lol

Last edited:
Shimmie thank you so much for starting this thread and for all of your awesome prayers.

Ladies thanks for posting your beautiful stories.

Back