When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

My boyfriend sometimes literally just calls to say I love you--lol guess to much Stevie as a kid.
He sent me a care package to Ecuador with Jerk Sauce bottles (I am Jamaican and I needed it for my existence here lol), new camera, and a Denman Brush (Shows he was listening to me! lol)....and for him to do that was sweet because he knows I am struggling with my hair, the food, and my technology breakdown (Camera failure) while studying abroad here.
He sends me daily love notes via text first thing in the morning
He always listens to my crazy random talks and even still wants to be around me when I have mood swings due to crampage....poor soul
He encourages me whenever I am down and out and feeling like there is no where to go
He stood by me when I BC my hair to practically nothing in January of this year...and that was a big change because a) my hair was between neck and SL, and b) he hates short hair....and the funny thing is he is the one who convinced me that I looked cute with short hair....my cheerleader lol
He rubs my feet just because he wants to
He spends way too much money on phone cards just to call me when my internet here dies for days at a time in Ecuador
He never raises his voice at me, and if we do have problems...he always wants to talk them out and resolve them...
And he always offers my the last food on the plate if we are eating something lol...and he is a big guy...so yeah...thats love lol

This is a 'happy thread' for everyone...;)

How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you?

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'?

AND if not, what are the things you wish he would do or not do?

What makes you happy? What makes you sad? (no one here is allowed to get mad...okay?) ;)

A beautiful example that I will always treasure:

Lady D's (dlewis) husband went after the deer who hit her car...He was protecting his 'baby', his wife. ;) He 'pillow talks' and he notices and loves her beautiful hair. ;) He calls her on his way home; she keeps his juice in the freezer.

(Sorry for calling you out, Lady D, but your marriage posts truly inspire me; I am a hopeless romantic :yep:).

I wish all of you, Happy Blessings and a life full of love and joy with your husbands/Special Other/Boyfriends. ;) Amen...

To the men we love with all of our hearts... :rosebud:

Yes this is a Happy thread :grin:. Well I love my husband (right now:lachen:) but overall he is really sweet to me. We've been married for 7 years with ups and downs of course, but...He cooks for me, brings me my plates etc... We have 3 children and one on the way, and I never wake up at night with them...Only when I was exclusively breastfeeding did I get up, but once I threw that bottle in, he's been getting up with all of them everysince:lachen: He knows I need my beauty rest :yep:. He virtually lets me do what I want to do, like if I want to sleep late he doesn't press me out to get up with everyone at 6 am LOL, so he's not very demanding. He really never asks me for much, I'm sometimes like, ah what can I do LOL. He's literally like, just stay sweet, play in his beard and don't hold out on the you know what, and all so hey thats what I do lol. He helps me around the house, he does all the laundry I dont touch it, and it's 5 of us :lachen: My younger 2 kids can go through 2 or 3 outfits a day lol. He gives me massages and even tells me jokes. I love that he's a homebody, he even works from home with me... And I never worry that he's unfaithful to me because well, he doesn't like leaving the house lol. I go out of the house more than he does...

I wouldn't change anything about him now after 7 years and I'm 25 (he's almost 32)... But a few years ago I would have had every complaint in the book:nono:... It makes me happy how involved with our children he is, they are his number one fan.:grin: He supported me fully while I was growing my business for us and I really needed him because I was (and still am) extremely busy even though it was by choice... It was something that I am doing for US to live better.

It makes me sad if I think about how mean:gunner7: of a little girl I was to him before I grew up if I wasn't him I wouldn't still be with me lol... But he was very patient and I love him for that too. :love2::love2::love2:

uh, sorry so long lol.

Shimmie thank you so much for starting this thread and for all of your awesome prayers.

Ladies thanks for posting your beautiful stories.
Hi "Rapunzel"... Love and Blessings to you. This is indeed a very beautiful thread. I thank God for all of the love that 'our' men give us. For truly I have discovered that a man really does love the woman in his life. He really does. :love2:

We can't discount 'our' men. We can't give up on them. I know for a fact that to love them and to believe in them, with God as our leader and guide, we as women can never be denied the true love that our men have for us....

For every woman here, may God bless your men and continue to flow in their hearts with more and more love with each dawning day, and each fall of night and to you, they will always do what's right....in love. :love3:

Each of you are eternally blessed with all of God's best...in life and love.

:giveheart: In Jesus's Name, I sincerely pray :pray:, Amen and Amen.

Yes this is a Happy thread :grin:. Well I love my husband (right now:lachen:) but overall he is really sweet to me. We've been married for 7 years with ups and downs of course, but...He cooks for me, brings me my plates etc... We have 3 children and one on the way, and I never wake up at night with them...Only when I was exclusively breastfeeding did I get up, but once I threw that bottle in, he's been getting up with all of them everysince:lachen: He knows I need my beauty rest :yep:. He virtually lets me do what I want to do, like if I want to sleep late he doesn't press me out to get up with everyone at 6 am LOL, so he's not very demanding. He really never asks me for much, I'm sometimes like, ah what can I do LOL. He's literally like, just stay sweet, play in his beard and don't hold out on the you know what, and all so hey thats what I do lol. He helps me around the house, he does all the laundry I dont touch it, and it's 5 of us :lachen: My younger 2 kids can go through 2 or 3 outfits a day lol. He gives me massages and even tells me jokes. I love that he's a homebody, he even works from home with me... And I never worry that he's unfaithful to me because well, he doesn't like leaving the house lol. I go out of the house more than he does...

I wouldn't change anything about him now after 7 years and I'm 25 (he's almost 32)... But a few years ago I would have had every complaint in the book:nono:... It makes me happy how involved with our children he is, they are his number one fan.:grin: He supported me fully while I was growing my business for us and I really needed him because I was (and still am) extremely busy even though it was by choice... It was something that I am doing for US to live better.

It makes me sad if I think about how mean:gunner7: of a little girl I was to him before I grew up if I wasn't him I wouldn't still be with me lol... But he was very patient and I love him for that too. :love2::love2::love2:

uh, sorry so long lol.
Beautiful.... absolutely beautiful, is your testiment of love for your husband and of his love for you. What a beautiful 'wife' you have chosen to grow into and may the tow of you always be One....happy and loyally, One....eternally.

God' bless you and your precious husband and your precious babies, all 4 of them... :love3: ...:giveheart:

When a man loves a woman, he will build a fire in the fireplace for her and the children to keep them warm, while enjoying 'Family Night'.........

In Florida....... :lachen: :yep: Yes, in Florida, where even the nights can have a chill.

Attachments

• Warm Heart  .jpg
    Warm Heart .jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 95
My boyfriend sometimes literally just calls to say I love you--lol guess to much Stevie as a kid.
He sent me a care package to Ecuador with Jerk Sauce bottles (I am Jamaican and I needed it for my existence here lol), new camera, and a Denman Brush (Shows he was listening to me! lol)....and for him to do that was sweet because he knows I am struggling with my hair, the food, and my technology breakdown (Camera failure) while studying abroad here.
He sends me daily love notes via text first thing in the morning
He always listens to my crazy random talks and even still wants to be around me when I have mood swings due to crampage....poor soul
He encourages me whenever I am down and out and feeling like there is no where to go
He stood by me when I BC my hair to practically nothing in January of this year...and that was a big change because a) my hair was between neck and SL, and b) he hates short hair....and the funny thing is he is the one who convinced me that I looked cute with short hair....my cheerleader lol
He rubs my feet just because he wants to
He spends way too much money on phone cards just to call me when my internet here dies for days at a time in Ecuador
He never raises his voice at me, and if we do have problems...he always wants to talk them out and resolve them...
And he always offers my the last food on the plate if we are eating something lol...and he is a big guy...so yeah...thats love lol

he sounds so considerate of you. thats great. and for all the other things that the men you love do for you gals thats so sweet. im still waiting for mine. until then ill read these post. seeing that im smiling while i read them shows me im not bitter. at least no anymore yay!:yep:

-When he asks if he can detangle your 7-months-post transitioning hair that has reverted from a blow out and separates it in sections, combs gently, and brushes them down :love:

-When he seems to be doing everything while you're visiting and when you ask "how come you don't let me help you?" him: "I really like doing things for you. I care about you"

-When he buys you a book on natural beauty recipes!:grin: :love::love: he's known about my obsession with natural body products since we started hanging out.

-When, once receiving the book you tell him: ":) this is the best gift I've received in a LONNNGG time" and he is all like :grin: Well someday I'm going to have to give you the best gift EVER" and has a little smirk on his face.

hm wonder what he was thinking? lol. of course I ruined the moment by being like "I can't imagine what it could be..." when I was really thinking "a wedding ring and a house!:lol:" (we're too young for that though:))

Beautiful.... absolutely beautiful, is your testiment of love for your husband and of his love for you. What a beautiful 'wife' you have chosen to grow into and may the tow of you always be One....happy and loyally, One....eternally.

God' bless you and your precious husband and your precious babies, all 4 of them... :love3: ...:giveheart:

Aww, thank you.:grin:

you ladies really inspire me with all your positivity on relationships. Keeps hope alive. My relations is still fresh and new:

• he had dinner ready for me after i drove a couple of hours to meet him..he drove 7 hours
  • he massaged my feet for me and put socks on me because he said my feet were cold
  • calls me every morning and night before we go to bed
I just pray for us and stay positive about this relationship.

My husband is always doing things to show his love for me. He calls me at work to tell me that he loves me, he brings me roses ever so often, he surprises me with special dinners, etc. We were in BBQ a few weeks ago & the man next to me ordered some honey chicken wings. I casually mentioned that the chicken looked good. This Sunday, he went out & got me an order of the honey chicken wings.

Last week, he got me an "I love you" card & he even buys me underwear.

I'm bumping this so others can enjoy it...

I dont have anyone special in my life right now, and after engaging in destructive relationships in the past, I now know what a REAL MAN is supposed to do for the woman he loves.

I'm just gonna be patient and continue to work on becoming a better woman, so I'll be ready for him when he shows up!

I dont have anyone special in my life right now, and after engaging in destructive relationships in the past, I now know what a REAL MAN is supposed to do for the woman he loves.

I'm just gonna be patient and continue to work on becoming a better woman, so I'll be ready for him when he shows up!

Thanks for the bump. This thread is such an inspiration for those of us who are waiting on real love.

When a man loves a woman, he simply says so and seals it with a kiss. :kiss: like this and this :huggle: and doesn't care who's watching. :blush3:

Thanks for the bump. This thread is such an inspiration for those of us who are waiting on real love.

I'm so glad that this thread has blessed you and so many others.

I thank God that each of you will indeed have the wonderful man in your lives who is ready and most willing to love, honor and cherish you, eternally. And trust with all of your heart that this is not as far fetched as it may seem at times. For there is indeed love and marriage with the right man for any woman who so desires. :yep: Never give up on your Dreams for God is more than willing to fulfill them for you. Simply prepare yourselves to be ready for when he comes, he is coming to stay, all the way.

I can't help but :giggle: smile, because as I've shared before in this thread, this topic was started due to a 'warmed' conversation that my sweetheart and I were having. :lol: When I created this thread, I was venting. It's so amazing how God changed the direction of my heart from ashes to beauty and blessings, instead. God didn't allow me to focus on the negative, but on the numerous positives about him, which truly outnumber all else.

I hope this blesses others to see the positive in their relationships and to allow God to work on the areas that need more of Him in the hearts of the men we love. God works miracles and wonders everyday in them. Yes He does. Expect them and receive them. No matter what color, we love our men and don't want to be without them...always. :love2: :yep:

He sacrifices for me.

He works 14 hour days to ensure our needs are met.

He tells me how blessed he is to have me but

When he prays, he always thanks God for bringing me into his life

After God, he makes me his top priority

He makes it his business to really KNOW me

He is patient with me

He sends me affectionate messages via texts and Google Talk

He’ll give me his last chicken wing J (and he loves his chicken wings!)

He’ll wake up in the middle of the night and talk to me when I’m troubled, even if it means he only gets a few hours of sleep.

He goes with me to places he hates going (the mall, the craft store) because he says he just loves being around me.

He is constantly asking God to teach him to be a good husband to me

He rarely ever calls me by name and the few times he does, it always sounds weird to me. He always calls me his sweetheart, honeybun, baby, even when we’re disagreeing.

He accepts me for who I am
He speaks only good things about me, even when I don’t speak them about myself

He constantly encourages me

When he looks at me, he tells me that I am his own personal centerfold girl.
He tells me how beautiful I am first thing in the morning (no makeup, hair all over the place, eyes puffy and all.)

His love is always in action -- never just in word.

he moves mountains for me.....

he puts forth that mindset when he is doing anything that relates to me and my happiness and us as a union

Thank you all for posting about your beautiful relationships...I recently came out of bad relationship, which kind of made me pessimistic about finding someone who appreciates me, but this lets me know my Prince Charming is out there:-)...

I'm no longer with the SO I was talking about in this thread. LOL.
But I still cherish the things he did for me at the time.
Because it really did show that he did love me & vice versa.
So I don't regret a thing about it. We loved each other & that was that.
Now we've moved on and we'll find love again with someone else.
But looking at the rest of these posts, I still believe that love is possible. =]

This is such a fantastic and uplifting thread.

Let me add my own. I don't know if I have enough room, so I will pick a few things:

He is kind to everyone. I fell in love with this man, not just because of how he treats me but because of how he treats others.

I first confirmed that I was in love with him (I kept going back and forth because I wasn’t sure of what love was suppose to be) when he was scrubbing out my fridge. I had just moved out of an apartment that we had to leave spotless and I was just so exhausted. He told me to sit on the floor and he cleaned everything including that fridge, with some serious elbow grease. I remember thinking – what is wrong with you . . . . of course you love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He thanks me for being me. He said it this morning, that I am so wonderful to support while he tries out a few ventures.

He takes great care of me: cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and even takes my mom to her hair appointment to get her henna done... while I am in bed. Just so tired that day.

He drove 30 miles to pick up my lab results. I couldn’t leave work and I wanted to know what was going on so he did it.

He comes up with a game plan. I’ve been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease when I came home yesterday he had printed out all he could learn about it and started researching homeopathic options I could incorporate with regular treatment.

He doesn’t like to see me sad. I have been having problem at work with one guy in particular. He asked me if I wanted him to have a “word” with the guy . . . in the parking lot…. with the baseball bat. His cousin offered back-up. It made me laugh.

He says a prayer for me every time he drives by my office.

He loves my crazy crazy crazy Jamaican family.

He comes with a great family.

He takes note of what I like and make sure to get it in the grocery store.

He bends my leg. It took me a year to convince him to do this.

I wrote in this thread before but here are some more...

He apologizes first, even if the problem is my fault.

He checks the oil and other items on my car to make sure everything is working properly.

He will go without to make sure I have what I need.

I see it in his eyes.

He brags about me.

He loves my family and treats them like his own.

Even though the wedding planning is mainly "my hobby" he has helped out with our planning...even down to doing some DIY stuff.

He has my best interst at heart.

I can't tell him anyone said or did anything wrong to me...he will correct them...quickly!

He tells me how happy and ready he is to marry me.

He understands and accepts the obligations of a Godly Husband.

He puts up with my quirks.

He admits when he is wrong. I LOVE THIS!! How can you grow if you don't acknowledge what you have done wrong and what you need to work on?

I could go on and on...

Wow.... thanks for this thread. For the last 10 months I've felt as if I was going through a mid-life crisis. I've shown some not-so-kind behavior towards my husband. He has stuck with me through it all. He has sent me on weekend getaways to spas, he has put up with my *****y attitudes, he has cleaned the house after working two full time jobs because I "didn't feel well", he has taken the kids on outings when he saw that I was getting frustrated with them, and he still manages to show affection towards me through all of my craziness. :nono:

He is truly HEAVEN SENT and I wouldn't blame him if he left. I've been an inconsiderate *****!! :crying3:

Ladies.... don't ever take your good man for granted. The grass is definitely not greener on the other side.

When you're down he makes sure you bathe, combs your hair (tries to anyway), brushes your teeth, lays with you in the mornings and tries to motivate you get out of the bed, lets you have your private time.

When you're down he makes sure you bathe, combs your hair (tries to anyway), brushes your teeth, lays with you in the mornings and tries to motivate you get out of the bed, lets you have your private time.

That is so sweet. What a blessing he is...

Brings me a glass of water and kisses my cheek every morning b4 he goes to work, has dinner ready and a clean house when I get home from work, does laundry, takes the kids out somewhere so I can have 'me" time, frequent back and foot rubs, stays awake until I make it home late at night from work even though he has to be up early and pretty much lets me have my way---:grin:

Oh I LOVE happy threads. Yeah dh works 1000 hours a week but he makes up for it in the small little ways:

-dh has sent or given me flowers every 26th of the month since we've been married SEVEN YEARS!!!! (when we were low on money he would get creative and pick daisy's and wrapped them up in a napkin, once he bought like one of those cheese.99 cent roses at the gas station, those were the BEST flowers)

-I have to leave for work around 6am so I don't see the boys before they go to school/daycare, he takes a pic of them on his phone and sends it to me to say "the boys made it off safely"

-he irons my lab coat and

-once he gave me his own spa day, he washed my hair and painted my toes

-he'll leave little cards in the visor of my truck b/c the FIRST thing I do in the morning is pull my visor down to check my hair and makeup:lol:

-he sends me texts during the day

- he works 1000 hours a week for me and the boys

That is to cute !!! so simple but amazing

My SO hates short hair but once my mind is made up it's made up. I decided to do the BC and he totally supported me. He actually cut my hair into a caesar for me. :grin:

He knows I'm a romantic, so when he buys me cards, they are heartfelt with sincerity and love not cheesy and vague.

He buys my feminine products and gives me baths.

He surprises me at work with hugs, kisses and gifts just b/c he thought I might be having a rough day at work.

I can’t fall asleep if I don’t talk about my day or whatever is on my mind and he puts up with me talking non stop:blah::blah: when he trying to go to sleep.

One Valentine’s Day I was extremely sick and he had a romantic day planned instead he laid in bed with me and held me:needhug:. He cooked me dinner and end up spending V-day with my Uncle watching reruns as I slept and he never complained about it.

Its sounds crazy but when were bored we have our American Idol/ ANTM/ So You Think You Can Dance battle, I can’t imagine me or him doing this with anyone else.:lachen:

When were having an intense argument and he looks at me with such sadness and says I Love You:blush:

Back