When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

* Told me to name every flaw I felt I had, and then told me why he absolutely loves that about me.

* I will catch him staring at me, and call him on it, and he'll just say he can't help it.

* Will pick me up all over the place when I have to work far, and never complains

* Comes over after he gets off of work late eventhough I have to get him up early just so we can spend some more time together.

* Tries to steal pictures of me.

* MAKES PLANS! this is so huge, if he says he's gonna do something, he'll do it, and he'll plan out where to go, what time the movie starts, everything. I'm not sure if that's sign of love, but it makes me really appreciate him.

awwww...that is really sweet.

What a lovely thread! Here's what my DH does for me:
  1. We both work from home, so he protects me from people (usually family) who don't respect my time.
  2. He cooks lunch for us every day.
  3. He lets me slide my cold feet under his leg when we're on the sofa watching TV.
  4. Every week he checks my car's tire pressure and oil.
  5. When I had food poisoning and was sick from both ends, he cleaned me up and held me while I cried.
  6. He calls me his Bunny - but never around other people 'cause that's private.
  7. He puts his index finger on the tip of my nose and say "Bink!" (It's so corny but it makes me smile every time.)
  8. He knows the day I'm going to get my period. Without my asking he brings home:
1 bottle of sauvignon blanc

1 pint of Ben & Jerry's

1 box of tampons (whichever one I'm low on)
I need to go give him a big kiss right now. :)

Wow... what a great guy.

It's the little things...

My DH actually cuddles and WANTS to...

He thinks of ways to make me comfortable such as drawing bath water, cooking my favorite food and scalp massages (he knows this is a plus for my hair thing).

He actually doesn't care that I have him take hair pix every damn week or that I have a hair dryer running when the game is on. He tries so hard to become interested in it. I LOVE him for that.

He too just stares at me, I'm like "what?" and he says "Man.. you are way too sexy, I don't want you to go outside" :yawn:

Stupid texts during the day, just to make me laugh.. he knows I want another job... he hates his too....

He eats my food and doesn't complain when it is nasty. he makes me feel like I am Emerilla..lol

We hold hands..if anyone knows my DH they KNOW he doesn't do stuff like that.. and I don't even have to ask...lol

I have so many but that is what I can think of...

aw...me wuv him

Ok... just love this thread!! But I'm new so I just have to ask... what does DH mean??
Hi enarmored. :hiya: Welcome to the Forum.

Indeed this is a thread to love. Men really DO love us and have their own special ways of showing how much they care.

DH means Darling Husband or Dear Husband.

In this thread, I'd also call him, Devoted Husband, Dedicated Husband, and Desireable Husband. Either way, he's very special indeed. :love3:

Awwww...I love this thread

It just made me miss my estranged ex/boyfriend/bestfriend soo much

He was my best friend... we were best friends for 3 years before we got together

He always made me feel special, holding my hand in public even though he's not the most affectionate person

driving me everywhere

keeping me company: we enjoyed being with each other, he'd cook for me before I got home from work, He always take me out, he'd pay for everything even though Id insist he didnt

He'd drive me home from his even though its an hour plus away
sometimes he'd take the underground all the way to mine for over an hour just to drop me off at my front door and he'd do the same thing all over again just to get home

Im a virgin and He respected my boundaries, even when we did try to have sex, he didnt complain even though I chickened out

He endured my complaining and divarish attitude

He provided for me when I needed it the most

He'd stay on the phone for hours with me just talking about nothing in particular. once he listened to me go to sleep even though I was ill and crying on the phone. I was so embarassed and he refused to come off the phone

We are LDR and he'd spend hours travelling to see me,

He was so good with my family and my friends

Even though he had exams and was always so busy with finals he made time for me even if it was to call me once or even late night, even though I complained and wanted a lot more of his time, he was there for a long time

I broke up with him so many times because I do realise I can be impatient but he was always the opposite to me..patient and understanding...

We never said we loved each other but I know he loved me, he showed me that much...we hit a rough patch and we r on a 'break' but honestly I think its over. I really appreciate our time together and even though we are not together, He was one of the best things that happened to me. He taught me what caring for another person meant and I appreciate him for that. We dont really speak any more and my heart has healed from the heartbreak...but I miss that boy so much

This thread is so wonderful, it made me really think and helped me with one of my characters, a man who was crazily in love with his wife. One thing I have noticed that whenever you read romantic stories, it is all about the characters having wild sex, I all for wild sex between husbands and wifes, couples. The media seem to degrade marriages as boring and I still believe that romantic love can continue throughout the marriage. You ladies have shown that passion and love have increased in your marriages and long relationships. Well Done! another thing is that men in our society are not honoured for being men. There are a lot of decent wonderful hardworking, wonderful, loveable men, black, white, Asian, Native American, Biracial men whatever culture they are from and you ladies have wonderful husbands/SO who are lovers, best friends, etc. I met a lady from my knitting group and she was from Eastern Europe, her husband was from Chicago, he was Japenese/European origin and everytime he went to visit his parents, he and his mother would go to the Craft shop and they would be 10 different knitting magazines and he would order it for her and she would receive them, she talked about her husband and she was bit late, so she telephoned him and he was meeting her at the train station. She took me that he has a hot meal waiting for her. She talked how wonderful his family were. It makes me feel that it is not too late for me. Ladies whatever your husband's, SO's culture/race, they are all wonderful men. Despite the rubbish in the media, there are a lot of precious jewels of men, we have to look hard enough and ask the Dear Lord for guidance. Keep this thread going! I love it so much!
:band::cry::clapping::heart2::2inlove::rosebud:

I don't have a current SO, but with my past SO's, I've had really good experiences:

1) Ex-SO went to get me some clarifying shampoo...I can't remember why I couldn't go get it myself, but anyway, went to a HUGE BSS (grocery store-size) in St. Thomas and he stayed on the phone looking through AISLES of products for the clarifying shampoo I was looking for. He NEVER once complained and he stayed on the phone until he found one that I would accept.

2) Another ex and I were watching Food Network and they had this episode where they made hot cocoa from scratch. He said that if I got the ingredients the next time I came over, he would make it for me, in which he did. He put sooo much love into the hot cocoa and made it EXACTLY like he had seen it on the show. And he ALWAYS offered to make it for me, especially if I was in a "mood" or not feeling well or even angry at him, he always made it without me asking! Awww....such a sweet man! Too bad it didn't work out...but he still made it for me after we broke up!

my bf loves to cook for me. Whenever I'm not feeling well or am down about something he makes me dinner and it's the cutest thing ever. :yawn:

I wish each of you, happy love, happy times and many new 'memories' to make and share...:love3:

The two of us have been pretty busy lately. We both have 'hectic' schedules, yet he will always find a way to let me know that wherever he is, I'm always in his thoughts and in his heart.

Lately, he's been taking pictures with his camera phone during the day and sending them to me with 'precious messages' such as "Just to say Hello", "I love you", "Good Morning Beautiful", or "I miss you".

It keeps us in touch and that he misses me much....:love2:

That's my 'sweetie pie'. :huggle:

The two of us have been pretty busy lately. We both have 'hectic' schedules, yet he will always find a way to let me know that wherever he is, I'm always in his thoughts and in his heart.

Lately, he's been taking pictures with his camera phone during the day and sending them to me with 'precious messages' such as "Just to say Hello", "I love you", "Good Morning Beautiful", or "I miss you".

It keeps us in touch and that he misses me much....:love2:

That's my 'sweetie pie'. :huggle:

What a total sweetheart!

He is the best cuddler! He sleeps tightly wrapped around me most of the night.

He loves my stuffed animals. He knows all of their names and even insists on keeping "the kids" at his place. He even sleeps with them when I'm not around.

My DH is the best man Ive ever met......

When we first met he would drive 2 hours just to see me for 15 mins

He knew how much I hated going to class bc I had a 3 hour break between class and knew no 1 at my school so he would drive 2 my school right after work ( 2 hr drive ) and stay with me until my next class

He used to help me put in my weave b4 I found this site even thou he hated it

He irons my clothes for work

He makes sure my car is filled with gas (bc Ive never pumped b4)

He still spends the weekend at my moms house with me once a month

He tells me Im beautiful atleast 5 times per day

He kisses me in the morning when hes on his way out while Im asleep

He got me my first car

He is so good to my mom and sister

He washes my hair when im being lazy

He is so understanding

He goes to the supermarket and get SN for me when its that time of the month

He includes me in all decision making

He tells me he loves me in his sleep (sleep talking)

He is my best friend and Im his......

I should stop now

My DH is the best man Ive ever met......

When we first met he would drive 2 hours just to see me for 15 mins

He knew how much I hated going to class bc I had a 3 hour break between class and knew no 1 at my school so he would drive 2 my school right after work ( 2 hr drive ) and stay with me until my next class

He used to help me put in my weave b4 I found this site even thou he hated it

He irons my clothes for work

He makes sure my car is filled with gas (bc Ive never pumped b4)

He still spends the weekend at my moms house with me once a month

He tells me Im beautiful atleast 5 times per day

He kisses me in the morning when hes on his way out while Im asleep

He got me my first car

He is so good to my mom and sister

He washes my hair when im being lazy

He is so understanding

He goes to the supermarket and get SN for me when its that time of the month

He includes me in all decision making

He tells me he loves me in his sleep (sleep talking)

He is my best friend and Im his......

I should stop now

Aww, he sounds sweet. This post really makes me wish I was booed up.

The Dynamics of a Man's Heart...

It beats for the woman he loves
It flutters at the very thought of her
It stops when he misses her
It rushes when she is threatened or in danger
It slows down once he brings her to safety
It expands to hold more love for her
It shuts down when another tries to get in

Most of all...

It opens wide to receive her when he sees her again...

That's the Beautiful Heart of Our Men

And Dear Lord, for this we thank you with all of hearts

Amen...again...for our Men

:rosebud:

This is beautiful. Amen! :yep:

My DB. What can I say about him?

- He cooks for me whenever I'm at his apartment.
- He stocks the fridge with my favorites (Ramen, pretzels & cheese).
- He massages my scalp.
- He will hold/kiss me even in front of his mother.
- He pumps my gas for me when he's in the car with me.
- He apologizes for things he didn't even do.
- He helps my mother with things around the house.
- We were in a small car accident the other day (no one was hurt), but the first thing out of his mouth was "Baby, are you okay?" & his side was the side that got hit. Thank God he's okay.
- He bought me some HH when I couldn't afford it and it came with a free DC. =]
- He lies to me and tells me my hair grew when it didn't. LOL.
- He will spend his last dime to see me.
- He encourages me to do my best, because he sees my potential.
- He does things that he doesn't like to do, just to please me.
- He tells me that he loves me countless times a day.
- He tells me I'm beautiful even when I am at my worst.
- He always tries to be the last thing I hear before I sleep because he knows it's hard for me to sleep without him.

This is a great thread! there's a lot of men doing good things out there. let's keep this thread going.
You are absolutely right, Sweetg, this is the best thread I've ever started. There's so much focus on the negative in relationships. And so few take the time to take note or to expand the 'little things'.

The little things are that which make a huge difference. The little things are the 'Diamonds', that strengthen our relationships. Diamonds are strong, they endure much. They have clarity, and even on the cloudiest of conditions, they shine through the darkest of clouds.

Look for the Diamonds in your relationships. Men give them to us all the time; yet we sometimes don't see them. Don't allow the elements to cloud them from us. They are there and they are rare...most of all, they are ours to treasure.

Treasure the 'Diamonds', the little things, our men do that amount to so much. Nothing else on earth exceeds its value.

Loving blessings everyone...to each of you and your 'Diamonds'. :heart2:

:rosebud: :heart2: :rosebud:

I have to recount a precious 'Diamond'...which is this thread. :yep:

It was a 'warm' :rolleyes: discussion he and I were in the midst of. :lol:

My very words to him were..."Honey if you really loved me than you'd, ............................." :cry4: :lol:

Yep, :yep: it was one of those moments I was having. I was being a 'woman' :cry4: :lol:

Yet, while writing this thread, I began to realize all of the loving things he was doing for me all along...he was giving me precious 'Diamonds' straight from his heart. :love3:

This thread is absolutely blessed. I am at work and the tears are just flowing down my face. I keep hoping that nobody tries to sneak up on me. My db and I are approaching our 2 year anniversary in April and just reading all of the posts makes me realize that I don't appreciate him nearly as much as I expect him to do for me. Thus I would like to take the opportunity to say even though we are having some issues I appreciate my db because he:

-gave me the shirt off his back when I got sick and some of it got on my shirt
- introduces me to everyone he knows, even when I am not looking my best
-is considering finishing school so that he can become more financially stable (a big issue with the parents)
-makes up excuses just to see me. one time he asked me to bring him something and I said I couldn't find it at the store. His response was "that's ok, I just wanted to see you before my break was over."
-he never lets a day go by without telling me he loves me.

There's more but that's what I wanted to highlight. I'm 80% certain that he's the one I will spend the rest of my life with but I will continue to pray and hopefully I will be at 100%.

He is the best cuddler! He sleeps tightly wrapped around me most of the night.

He loves my stuffed animals. He knows all of their names and even insists on keeping "the kids" at his place. He even sleeps with them when I'm not around.

Awwwwwwww :huggle: Now he's definitely a keeper; he keeps "the kids" (the precious fluffies :lol:).

Eternal Blessings on your love for one another.... :love2:

This thread is absolutely blessed. I am at work and the tears are just flowing down my face. I keep hoping that nobody tries to sneak up on me. My db and I are approaching our 2 year anniversary in April and just reading all of the posts makes me realize that I don't appreciate him nearly as much as I expect him to do for me. Thus I would like to take the opportunity to say even though we are having some issues I appreciate my db because he:

-gave me the shirt off his back when I got sick and some of it got on my shirt
- introduces me to everyone he knows, even when I am not looking my best
-is considering finishing school so that he can become more financially stable (a big issue with the parents)
-makes up excuses just to see me. one time he asked me to bring him something and I said I couldn't find it at the store. His response was "that's ok, I just wanted to see you before my break was over."
-he never lets a day go by without telling me he loves me.

There's more but that's what I wanted to highlight. I'm 80% certain that he's the one I will spend the rest of my life with but I will continue to pray and hopefully I will be at 100%.
LuckyDuck...you noticed.......you noticed the 'Diamonds'.

The two of you are so blessed. I wish this for you two eternally. I wish for you the 100% and more....:love2:

Blessings angel...

- He massages my scalp.
- We were in a small car accident the other day (no one was hurt), but the first thing out of his mouth was "Baby, are you okay?" & his side was the side that got hit. Thank God he's okay.
- He always tries to be the last thing I hear before I sleep because he knows it's hard for me to sleep without him.

All of these beautiful and precious 'Diamonds'....

You noticed them from him, that he gave just for you. God bless both of you and your love for one another. That it may increase and abound more and more each day. :love2:

- He massages my scalp.
this was so wonderful and uplifting to read. thank you very much for sharing it. :yep:

Awwwwwwww :huggle: Now he's definitely a keeper; he keeps "the kids" (the precious fluffies :lol:).

Eternal Blessings on your love for one another.... :love2:

I know!

:grin: Especially since his friends have been teasing him about them being around his house and he's like "Don't you go dissin' my kids!"

Aww this is such a sweet thread I had to come in and add some stuff about my honey :yep::

*If he gets up first out of bed, he makes sure that I'm still covered up
*He takes care of me when I'm sick, even wipe my nose for me
*When I had to go to the ER for breathing problems, he stayed on the nurse to "take care of his wife or he would have someone fired in the morning". (:lachen:That man always getting someone fired for messing around)
*He rubs my feet every Friday night when we have date night
*He hand washed my hair scraf because he seen me doing it one night and wanted to help with the laundry
*He tries his best to clean up before I come home, but admits openly that he cant do it like me
*He kisses me goodbye everytime we separate from each other
*If he gets out the shower first he's always there waiting with my towel for me
*He allows me to be me; no matter how strange, or silly I act
*He doesn't mind making his self look silly in an effort to make me laugh
*He calls me every morning when I make it to work
*He does all he can to make sure we have private time together each night (no phone, no tv, no computer)
*He never complains when I forget to do something he told me to do
*He loves my parents and sincerely cares for them as if they were his own

Aww this is such a sweet thread I had to come in and add some stuff about my honey :yep::

*If he gets up first out of bed, he makes sure that I'm still covered up
*He takes care of me when I'm sick, even wipe my nose for me
*When I had to go to the ER for breathing problems, he stayed on the nurse to "take care of his wife or he would have someone fired in the morning". (:lachen:That man always getting someone fired for messing around)
*He rubs my feet every Friday night when we have date night
*He hand washed my hair scraf because he seen me doing it one night and wanted to help with the laundry
*He tries his best to clean up before I come home, but admits openly that he cant do it like me
*He kisses me goodbye everytime we separate from each other
*If he gets out the shower first he's always there waiting with my towel for me
*He allows me to be me; no matter how strange, or silly I act
*He doesn't mind making his self look silly in an effort to make me laugh
*He calls me every morning when I make it to work
*He does all he can to make sure we have private time together each night (no phone, no tv, no computer)
*He never complains when I forget to do something he told me to do
*He loves my parents and sincerely cares for them as if they were his own
I love everything you've shared........but the bolded, really touches my heart. :cry4: All I can see is the love he feels for you; he's doing something to help.

All of these precious Diamonds, just for you. :love3:

Blessings on your love for each other. And give your precious DH a great big hug from us for being so loving and special to you. Tell him he is keeping 'love' alive. And it's spreading to other men's hearts as well.

Back