When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

I love this thread.

He expresses his love no matter what I do..even when I stopped talking to him for 5 days after we had an argument, the first words he said when I finally called him back were "I love you"
He always helps me with bills, rent, etc., even though I don't ask for it, and even when he wasn't working.
He cried with me when I was going through a really *REALLY* rough time (and he is by no means a softie)
When we cuddle, he wraps himself alllllllllllllll around me because he says he likes to get real close to me.
He tells me I'm beautiful.
He gives me his car to drive sometimes.
He takes me out to my favorite restaurants 'just because'.
He told me that aside from his mother, and that's only because she gave birth to him, I'm the most important person in his life.
He tells me he would do anything for me, and I have no doubt that he would.

To him, I'm beautiful, with or without make-up. :love3:

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Bumping for Christmas... :Rose: :Rose: :Rose:

OK.. very new relationship but here it is....

-He opens all the car doors for me
-He calls every morning to say goodmorning and talks with me my whole ride to work
-We live an hour apart, so when I leave his house he will talk to my whole ride home just to make sure I made it safely
-He tells me how beautiful I am and how I was made just for him
-We makes sure that we pray together. Even on Saturday's when he gets in from work at 3:30 am, he will call me to make sure we pray. One time I was sleep and didn't answer the phone, so he texted me the prayer
-One time i was sick with really bad stomach pains, he laid with me and rubbed my stomach until I felt better
-He says I am the best he ever had:drunk:
-He includes me in his plans. Its no longer an I or me. It's we and us.
-He protects me. You can not say one bad word about me, or else he will beat you down.
-He deals with my tudes. He knows when I am sleepy and throw tantrums. He will make me take a nap. lol

Last edited:
LOL at making you take a nap.

I just read ALL 20 PAGES and loved each and every post. Thanks Shimmie for praying over each relationship. The prayers made me cry because God truly does speak through you.

This thread definitely has me raising my standards and one day I will be able to contribute to this thread. I'm being patient. Hopefully my future husband will love me so much that he'll contribute to my 'hair doings'.

I sat here and read this whole thread and all I could do was cry. :cry: and a little of :wallbash:

I have never ever been loved like this or even close to it. They always say you get what you put out but I do nothing but give...and receive little in return. It almost seems like I have to pay to get some affection. Buy him dinner, I get treated like a girlfriend other then that manhandled and left to rot.

Sorry, I am ruining the positive vibe of the thread. Feel free to delete this post...:ohwell:

Don't ever stop loving. When your husband comes, it will be 'your geniune' character, one who KNOWS how to love and give love, that is drawing him to you. Even now, that's exactly what the love in your heart is doing; it's drawing your husband to you.

And he will 'know you' by your love, which flows so easily from your heart to his. :yep:

LOL at making you take a nap.

I just read ALL 20 PAGES and loved each and every post. Thanks Shimmie for praying over each relationship. The prayers made me cry because God truly does speak through you.

This thread definitely has me raising my standards and one day I will be able to contribute to this thread. I'm being patient. Hopefully my future husband will love me so much that he'll contribute to my 'hair doings'.

You share something with two very special women of God. Both Ruth and Esther did nothing but be who they were, and it drew their husbands into love with them. A love that no other woman was able to have.

This is you, a woman of heart and love that no other woman has that your husband will see and call you 'his', highly favoured above all other women and most loved. You're already in his heart and he will find you. :love2:

To find you is a certain path...

Righteousness will go before him, and will make a path for his steps.

--Psalm 85:13

I thank God for leading both of you in the 'paths of righteousness' for His namesake. (Psalm 23).

There shall be no counterfeits; no deceptions. God's wisdom and discernment shall prevail. Wisdom shall overflow and have it's perfect work in both of you...for always.

Last edited:
My Ex would:
Watch my dog for me when I had major test
Drove me and picked me up from work when it snow
Drove me er couple times...I have bad asthma
Send me a text wishing me good luck before every test
Roses
Gifts...weird ones...like I like candy apples and anime and butterflies....I got gourmet apple, anime dvd and butterflies bracelet
Attended many family functions
Always answered my every call or text
Came over n laid mice traps @ midnight because I swore I saw a mouse(when living at my grandma's house)

*never appreciated the good ones,cry over the bad ones

Morning texts
Random "I love you" messages
Hugs out of the blue
Taking off his glove in the winter to hold my hand (just to be closer)
Encouragement to finish this degree, and well
Prays for me
Encourages me to let God lead me
Encourages me in my poetry
Encourages me to take care of myself (inside and out)
Keeps my nephew occupied (he lives with me) when I need time to study, or am I just tired and want to sleep
Considers my family his family
Reads me like a book (which can be annoying sometimes):lol:
Celebrates my successes
(LOL I need to stop coming back and adding to this list)

I'm happy he understands that I am my own person and need to be free, happy my family like him, happy he's just the person I needed. I thank God for that. I'm happy just to spend time with him, and don't need to go anywhere or do anything, though those things do add to it. I'm just happy we're happy.

What irritates me is he stonewalls when upset/mad about something.

Last edited:
He accepts all of me, the good, the mad, bad and the ugly.

- I became fat for a while after we got married and he never once complained, except to ask me to get used to the fat or do something about it because he was tired of me hiding my body from him and he loved the fat me and the thin me.

-He is the only man I have been with who never felt threatened by my intelligence and my strength.

-He cleared my credit card bills twice even though he is a penny pincher and I am extravagant with money.

-He supported me through years of university and change of careers even though he is not a rich man.

-We do not have the same religious or political views but he has never tried to make me feel any less for my beliefs and accepts me as I am.

-Early on in our marriage when his mother tried to complain about me to him, he told her he would not entertain such a discussion and she never went there again.

-When he finally joined facebook recently, his first post was "I am happy and lucky to have you in my life, and I love you." Though I cringed and felt a bit embarrassed, I appreciated it because he is not verbally expressive with his love, so the few times a year he says it out of the blue, I really appreciate it. Though I asked him not to ever again post our biness on the innanets where people know who we are.

My husband is very affectionate even though I'm not
He takes good care of us
He helps me to function on a daily basis
He motivates me with all the love and support he shows
He does homework with the kids to makes my life easier
Sometimes he turns down the comforter when he goes to bed first
He compliments me everytime I cook if the foods good, which is
several times a weeks
He always says "thank you for this meal"
He always tells me what a blessing I am to him and that he can't
imagine what life would be like without me in it and I think he means it
He would turn against anyone that says anything bad about me, even if
it's true
I remember he told his family early in our marriage that if anyone
did anything to come between us he would see them dead

Awwwwww....so cute! :grin: Girl, you give me hope...

My SO is amazing! <3 <3 <3
He always asks me about how im feeling and how my day went!
He Watches girly shows with me all the time (mostly wedding ones -when the average guy would run for the hills! )
He is so considerate when we're intimate always asking me if im comfortable etc etc
He lets me pick movies
He never criticizes my silk pillowcase or bonnet!!!
He is supportive in my journey with hair growing
He compliments me when I look nice(when i think i dont!) and when I cook!!!=Love!!!!!

Morning texts
Random "I love you" messages
Hugs out of the blue
Taking off his glove in the winter to hold my hand (just to be closer)
Encouragement to finish this degree, and well
Prays for me
Encourages me to let God lead me
Encourages me in my poetry
Encourages me to take care of myself (inside and out)
Keeps my nephew occupied (he lives with me) when I need time to study, or am I just tired and want to sleep
Considers my family his family
Reads me like a book (which can be annoying sometimes):lol:
Celebrates my successes
(LOL I need to stop coming back and adding to this list)

I'm happy he understands that I am my own person and need to be free, happy my family like him, happy he's just the person I needed. I thank God for that. I'm happy just to spend time with him, and don't need to go anywhere or do anything, though those things do add to it. I'm just happy we're happy.

What irritates me is he stonewalls when upset/mad about something.

Most men 'shut' down when they are upset. I read somewhere that 'Men are like Clams and Women are like 'Crowbars' to pry them open.' :look:

I prefer to say that when a man 'shuts down' we open the Heavens with our loving prayers for them. "Lord, please show me how to support him through this; give me the right things to say, guide me in the right things to do, all in all, it gives honour unto you.' In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Most men 'shut' down when they are upset. I read somewhere that 'Men are like Clams and Women are like 'Crowbars' to pry them open.' :look:

I prefer to say that when a man 'shuts down' we open the Heavens with our loving prayers for them. "Lord, please show me how to support him through this; give me the right things to say, guide me in the right things to do, all in all, it gives honour unto you.' In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Thanks Shimmie,
We do talk about those things, just not that very second that I want to:lol:
Working on the patience...:look:

Bumping. I heart this thread

Awwwwww, thank you milknhonee. I pray that you will always have love and happiness with the man in your life. That he will treat you well and honour you as his wife all the days of your lives. In Jesus' Name... Amen.

:blowkiss:

My husband is very affectionate even though I'm not
He takes good care of us
He helps me to function on a daily basis
He motivates me with all the love and support he shows
He does homework with the kids to makes my life easier
Sometimes he turns down the comforter when he goes to bed first
He compliments me everytime I cook if the foods good, which is
several times a weeks
He always says "thank you for this meal"
He always tells me what a blessing I am to him and that he can't
imagine what life would be like without me in it and I think he means it
He would turn against anyone that says anything bad about me, even if
it's true
I remember he told his family early in our marriage that if anyone
did anything to come between us he would see them dead

One of my very, VERY Favorites!

Father God, I miss our former member dlewis. She was beyond an inspiration to each of us here. I thank you for her wonderful gift of love that she never failed to show and to share with others.

Father God, thank you for continuing to bless her and to keep her and her husband who is truly a man worth far more than gold, silver or rubies. Bless their children and their health, finances and all that surrounds them.

Bless them and keep them forever as one, in your Heart and in your Name. No weapon formed against them shall ever prosper... not ever.

In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen and Amen.

I'm not a religious person by any means but I really loved your words of inspiration in this thread, Shimmie. :yep:

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Last edited:
I'm not a religious person by any means but I really loved your words of inspiration in this thread, Shimmie. :yep;

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Briabiggles ... :kiss:

Thank you and God bless you and keep you close to His heart for all and whom that matters in your heart. Beyond 'religion'... only God's love, just for you. :yep:

I'm just on the first page and I am already emotional. I love these responses.

I'm going to read this entire thread! Thanks for this Shimmie and thanks to all who contributed.

When I was hospitalized with bronchitis for a week, my husband would come to my room in the morning and stay all day. I know he was bored out of his mind, because I was. But he called off work to be with me and kept me company.

I'm just on the first page and I am already emotional. I love these responses.

I'm going to read this entire thread! Thanks for this Shimmie and thanks to all who contributed.

You are most welcome Precious Loving...

The responses in this thread are 'Tissues Required' :cry4: :yep: :love3:

When I was hospitalized with bronchitis for a week, my husband would come to my room in the morning and stay all day. I know he was bored out of his mind, because I was. But he called off work to be with me and kept me company.

LivingInPeace... God bless you and your wonderful husband. He's a true sweetheart. A real man yielded to tenderness towards 'only' you. :hug2:

I thank God right now for enriching your love and peace with and for one another and that all of your days and nights will be Romantic and that you will always Live in Peace with and for one another.

In Jesus' Name, Amen. :love2:

LivingInPeace... God bless you and your wonderful husband. He's a true sweetheart. A real man yielded to tenderness towards 'only' you. :hug2:

I thank God right now for enriching your love and peace with and for one another and that all of your days and nights will be Romantic and that you will always Live in Peace with and for one another.

In Jesus' Name, Amen. :love2:

Thank you so much! I don't always agree with everything you post:blush: but you have a good spirit.

Back